Matthew Morgan Photography Reviews

Matthew Morgan Photography 7
  • Shelby

Shelby Stegall · Married on 04/27/2019

He is the best!!

Selecting Matt Morgan as our wedding photographer was the best decision that we made throughout the wedding planning process. He is so kind and easy going and his work is pure magic! His pictures capture all of the light and love present and he focuses on the little moments and details! Now we have our engagement and wedding photos framed all over our house. They are incredible!!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Dani · Married on 09/14/2018

Couldn't recommend Matt more!

You won't find a better photographer than Matthew Morgan. We selected the package with Engagement Photos included and we were blown away when those photos came back. Our wedding photos were even better than we could have expected. We were SO incredibly happy with how they turned out. My husband I are already talking about how we would choose Matt for any family or occasion photos in the future. Besides the quality of his photos and services, Matt is fantastic to work with. He's professional, kind and just an all around cool guy. Matt, thank you for everything! - Dani & Ryan

Sent on 11/25/2018

Tuti · Married on 06/30/2018

Matt captured our wedding, as well as engagement photo shoot, so beautifully, naturally and with a unique eye and attention to detail! My husband and I are so happy with the pictures (both engagement/wedding), as well as slideshow he thoughtfully put together--they brought back such great emotions/memories and opened our eyes to details of wedding that we didn't even notice/remember the day of! Matt is clearly a very experienced professional, and familiar with the area where we had the wedding (Orange County), so was able to offer great suggestions for the location of shooting including for first look/bridal party, nooks/crannies of waterfront/beach areas, adapting to local weather/conditions, etc. He is very personable, upbeat and made the experience fun! He and his partner were also meticulous in attention to detail, and had a gift in finding unique backgrounds/patterns/perspectives/lighting (and he doesn't mind going out of the way /spending extra time in doing so--one can see his passion in his work and getting a great shot), and capturing beauty as well in simple things. Highly recommend Matt---thank you Matt and team for such an amazing job and creating beautiful lifelong memories!!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Emily · Married on 06/23/2018

I don't think there are enough words in the English language to fully describe what a phenomenal job Matthew did on our wedding photos! He was so professional and easy to work with. It can always be a little awkward when you take two normal people and try to take magazine level photos, but he made us feel like we were doing a great job. He also might have cloned himself a few times because the amount of photos and coverage he and his assistant got was pretty astounding. I know everyone wants to make us feel good about our wedding photos but I got a lot of stunned responses from people saying these were just the "best wedding photos they'd ever seen". They also got so many great photos from the dancing, you can just feel the energy and it really helped us relive our wedding day. Seriously can't recommend this guy enough!!

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Matthew Morgan Photography 8
    Matthew Morgan Photography 9
    Matthew Morgan Photography 10
    Matthew Morgan Photography 11
    Matthew Morgan Photography 12

Devyn · Married on 06/17/2017

Matt was amazing from start to finish! So easy and fun to work with, full of great ideas, and we LOVED the photos from both our engagement and our wedding. Choosing a photographer, in my opinion, is one of the most important decisions for your wedding day, and I could not be happier that we chose Matt. He's a master of capturing all those moments that make your day, YOUR day. Photos came back quick and there were oodles of them.... and they seriously were all fantastic. We waited a year to order our actual wedding album (because I had such a hard time narrowing down my favorites), and it just arrived this week. It is stunning! And looking through all those photos really and truly felt like re-living the day all over again. Eternally grateful for the lifelong memories that Matt so beautifully put together. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Matthew Morgan Photography 13

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

Matthew Morgan photographed my August, 2015 wedding. My husband and I chose him because we felt that his work captured couples personality extremely well. We wanted our photos to show our happiness and love during our day, and he delivered. He captured our fun and silly moments, as well as our sweet ones extremely well. He worked hard and efficiently to make sure we had the best photos we possibly could. He also photographed our rehearsal dinner and I am so glad I did. His work is gorgeous and the photos are timeless. I am beyond happy we booked him to photograph our wedding. I plan on recommending him to any of my friends looking for a photographer.

Sent on 01/25/2016
  • mlgadd

Michael · Married on 07/16/2011

Matthew photographed my multicultural 3-day-long wedding this past July, and also shot engagement photos this past April. Though he is based in Orange County, he traveled to San Diego for the engagement shoot and to San Luis Obispo for the wedding.

He is exceptionally talented and was a pleasure to work with. He was very easy to get ahold of, and was very professional in both our email/phone communications and most importantly, on the big day(s.) He was always on time, too, and scouted each location before shooting. In more than one case, he uncovered secret spots that made for the some of our favorite photos!

My favorite thing about him is his patience. He doesn't take a ton of random shots and hope for the best. He clearly has a vision and has the technical knowledge to make that vision come to life. He knew how to wait for the right moments in the right places in the right light. Knew when to rush, knew when to be easy, knew when to be stern/demanding with dozens of random family members meandering all over the place.

Other stuff you soon-to-be-married couples want to know about:

-Pricing: Competitive. Worth every cent. Photo booth is worth it.
    -Work ethic: 3 days in a row. 150 miles from home. 6+ hours of coverage per day. Never complained.
    -Speed: Got all of our photos back to us within 3 months. Maybe 2 and a half months? Thousands of pictures. Gigabytes.
    -Experience: He has done this before. Many times.
    -Creativity: Your wedding photos will not look like everyone elses. (They will look better.)
    -Seems like he really, really vibes with vintagey stuff and DIY decoration with lots of details and personal touches. Seems like he loves the outdoors, too.

Anecdote: After finishing wedding party photos, my wife and I were in Matt's car, rushing to a secret spot that he had scouted out. We were losing light fast. Probably had 5 minutes left before sunset. Maybe 10. All of a sudden, a family of deer darted out from some bushes about 15 or 20 yards in front of the car, from the garden area where we'd had the ceremony. Immediately, he yelled at his assistant:

"GET THE CAMERA! GET THE CAMERA!"

I cannot recommend Matt enough. HIRE HIM.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Megan · Married on 09/11/2010

Matt was so talented, experienced, and easy to work with. He produces a BEAUTIFUL end product that you will NOT be disappointed with.

Sent on 10/02/2010

Kate · Married on 05/29/2010

Matt Morgan is a timeless photographer. I am so privilege to be able to say he photographed our engagement and wedding pictures. He was able to capture all of the classic moments along side the unique behind the scenes imagines that sometimes pass by at the blink of an eye. He truly has a special gift to arrange people in a way that is natural, comfortable, artistic and semantically eye pleasing. I absolutely loved my wedding pictures and continue to receive endless amounts of complements on them. I would recommend Matt to anyone needing an amazing photographer.

• Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 05/22/2010

Matthew was so easy to work with and made us feel very comfortable the entire day. He captured the moments, along with entire day in such a beautiful way. He worked with our budget and was so efficient. He got the pictures back to us in a timely fashion. AND let me tell you... the pictures were beyond extraordinary!! He has an amazing eye and uses natural light so wonderfully... his work is worth every dime!

Sent on 06/25/2010

Chelsea · Married on 04/17/2010

Matthew is absolutely amazing. He combines true artistic talent with total professionalism. He also has the ability to make everyone in his presence feel totally comfortable so that he is able to capture people at their most natural. I really can't say enough good things about him and his work.

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2009

Matthew was amazing at managing a wild wedding party without ever being anything but cool and professional. He understood the aesthetic we were going for and nailed it! It was so nice to not have to remind our photographer of the pics we wanted, instead he was reminding us of our schedule and kept us on track. Every bride I know is jealous that they didn't have him as a photographer!

Dayna · Married on 10/18/2009

Matt shot my engagement and wedding photos. He was great from the moment we met at a little coffee shop in Dana Point. I tend to have lots of crazy ideas and he smiled and rolled with them like a champ. His location choices were spot on. I arrived to the engagement session with an arsenal of props and he just laughed and went with it like a pro! Every photo was a winner, impossible to pick just one that we love.

On the wedding day he and his assistant arrived early and cased the joint out before we even got there! With an unexpected delay in my arrival, his time on all our planned photos was tremendously shortened but he handled it with grace and professionalism, even managing to sneak me and my husband away for a few moments. He managed to capture EVERY SINGLE important moment and them some. He also knew how to push things along without ever making us feel rushed and knew when to move on to something else. I love that he blended in seamlessly with our silly personalities. Matt has a knack for capturing those tiny fleeting moments, a glance here, a laugh there. And he hunts out the smallest details that you may forget to take in during the whirlwind wedding day.

Matt has a great work flow, delivering the finished product on time and leaving us with more amazing photos than I ever expected! USE HIM, seriously, you won't be sorry. :)

Julia · Married on 05/23/2009

My husband and I met Matthew Morgan because he did the photography for my brother-in-law’s wedding. Matthew did such an awesome job that we hired him for our own wedding. It was one of the best investments that we made for our wedding day.

I have always felt very awkward in front of the camera, and as a bride, the last thing that I wanted to feel on my wedding day was awkward. As it turns out, Matthew made me feel so comfortable from the moment that he arrived. He was so polite and professional.

And I love, love, LOVE all of the pictures that he took of our wedding. I have literally looked at them a hundred times and I can’t get over how amazingly well he captured our day. From the posed shots to the more candid shots he got everything right. He has such a cool unique style and such a great eye that each picture is gorgeous.

We got so many compliments from friends and family on our pictures. I would highly recommend Matthew Morgan for any wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Jacqui · Married on 11/16/2008

I highly recommend Matt, he is an awesome photographer. He truly knows how to capture every moment. I am not the most photogenic person but he had a way to make you feel comfortable and make you look great! I was so excited to see all his photos. His work speaks for itself. He is a true professional.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Jessica · Married on 11/01/2008

Matt provided wonderful pictures of our engagement and wedding that we are proud to show family and friends and will cherish for years to come.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Kristin · Married on 07/27/2008

I recommend Matt Morgan to all of my friends! He is very professional, timely and not pushy. Our pictures couldn't have turned out better!

Sent on 08/10/2010

A Rubin · Married on 08/09/1997

Great family photographer too!

We hired Matt to photograph our family. He was great to work with and listened to our requests for what we were looking for. We loved the location he chose for our photos too!

Sent on 01/29/2019
    Matthew Morgan Photography 14
    Matthew Morgan Photography 15

Jennifer · Married on 11/06/2009

It was a joy working with Matt.
    He was professional and prompt.
    He captured wedding the way we imagined.

Sent on 10/21/2010

Tara · Married on 07/27/2013

2.2
      0.5
      0.5
      1.5

I am a big fan of Matthew Morgan Photography. Always have been. The photos he shows on his blog and website are outstanding and I hired him because I thought it was a no brainer. I was completely disappointed though by the photos I got back. I felt Matt didn't edit the photos hardly at all. I even asked for some raw images so I can edit them myself. Every raw image I received was extremely dark. As a professional I would imagine you need to know how to expose your images in all sorts of different lighting but it was almost as if he didn't try. So in turn all my photos are dark & show every wrinkle, blemish, etc that you can imagine.

I also provided a list of my family members that I wanted photos with. When it was time for these photos he was very rushed and didn't even have the list with him. I was the one yelling out my families names and trying to get people together, as a bride this shouldn't be my job. Now my husband and I barely have any photos with our families on our wedding day. Not to mention he stood us in direct sunlight and all of us were squinting.

I think if my husband and I were a "model material" couple he would have tried harder for us. Our wedding wasn't benefiting him in any way so I think that is why he didn't give us the "quality work" you see on his blog and website. I am sad and disappointed I didn't shop around more.

Sent on 05/05/2014