Recommended by 100%
9 User photos
hayleigh · Married on 10/20/2017
Matthew was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We knew we wanted someone who we got along well with, as your photographer is with you pretty much the entire wedding day. Matthew was a blast! All of our family and bridal party loved him, and he's just so much fun to work with. Matthew prefers candid shots over posed photos, which we loved. He captured some truly beautiful moments at our wedding, and I can't tell you what a joy it is to have amazing pictures that you can look back on to remember the best day of your life! He also did our engagement pictures, which came out perfect! We love them! We're so glad we found Matthew.
Linda · Married on 06/24/2017
An incredible photographer; a true artist! He shot our engagement photos and our wedding. He was pricier than other photographers we looked at, but well worth it. If you're going to splurge on something for your wedding, let photographs be that thing. Our photos look like something out of a magazine; they have an editorial quality to them. He focused on the bride and groom most of the evening but also captured beautiful photos of our venue and our guests. The pics are so good, some of my guests have already made them their Facebook profile pictures! :) And he was FUN to work with. I would recommend knowing beforehand what particular poses/photos you want in case you have something in mind because Matthew isn't inclined to artificially pose you (which is a positive in my book). I had a videographer at the wedding, too, and Matthew was very gracious in working alongside him.
On a logistical note, he was on time for all services and delivered everything we agreed to in the contract. Thanks again, Matthew.
- Linda and Jack
Nicolette · Married on 12/03/2016
Matt and Katie were absolutely incredible to work with. They shot our engagement and wedding weekend photos as well as my bridal portraits. My husband and I are a little camera shy and they made us feel so comfortable and you would never know how awkward we truly are behind the camera by looking at our beautiful photos. They were always quick to respond to our emails and easy to get in touch with. They pay close attention to detail and have such an eye for things. Their style is very organic. No cheesy poses/photos when you work with these two! Matt also shot video footage of our two day wedding (American ceremony and Indian ceremony) using an analog film camera. People have literally cried while watching our highlight video. It was that beautiful. We will definitely work with them again in the future!
Kate · Married on 07/11/2015
Matt and Katie were the best. So much fun to work with, and the results are second to none. Here are our highlights:
1. Amazing pictures. Really amazing. Matt and Katie had just shifted to doing more film and less digital, and the results were incredible. They also do such a good job of balancing adding their own energy and being unobtrusive during the welcome dinner, ceremony, and reception. Our engagement shoot was a ton of fun and had fantastic results.
2. Very professional and fun to work with. They made their deadlines, and gave us complete confidence in their professionalism.
3. They are professionals, and as such, they do command a good amount for their services, but in terms of value (the definition of which is what you get for what you pay for) we think we got a great deal!
4. We would absolutely work with them again. And would recommend them to anyone looking for destination wedding photographers. They have been so many places, shot so many different weddings, that they give fantastic advice on what is going to look good: from hair, makeup, lighting, time of day, angles, everything. They are total experts, as well as bringing a sense of art to to the whole experience.
We love them!
Kate and Daniel
Emily · Married on 11/12/2012
My wedding is in April, but Matt & Katie took our engagements & have also shot 2 weddings we attended. Here’s why we chose this Texas duo for our New Orleans wedding:
1. Photographic Mastery—One thing that sets them apart is the way they manipulate light in their pictures, even in indoor shots. Other photographers feature the “easy” shots on their websites—outdoor pics in perfect lighting, posed shots, wedding details. Matt & Katie always go a step beyond—They play with lighting until their indoor shots are perfect. They have a knack for capturing emotion in candid photos. Their photos of a reception room encompass the feel of the event. They tell a story. I know I will get both dreamy portraits that tell our love story & candid reception shots that are full of fun, life, & New Orleans character!
2. Passion & Art – These 2 LOVE what they do & approach each job with their entire spectrum of talents. Matt’s eye for beauty is impeccable. And his propensity for quickly perceiving, understanding & appreciating people’s personalities & relationships & making sure that translates in photos is like none other. Katie’s taste is flawless—her styling of shoots, hair & makeup talent & creativity are amazing! From high school seniors to brides, she makes them all look like models.
The place they picked for our engagements couldn’t have been better. We took them in Austin, yet they have the most New Orleans feel of any I have ever seen. They capture everything we love about the city in them. True talent!
3. Matt & Katie—A dream to work with in every way! Katie is a wealth of knowledge on vendors, ideas & tips. She wants not just your pictures to be great, but the whole wedding. They are both the most pleasant people to be around. In April we will be torn between wanting them to capture every moment & being tempted to tell them to put the camera down, grab a drink & dance with us!
You can’t go wrong choosing Matthew Moore Photography!
Lindsey · Married on 11/10/2012
We had the absolute best experience working with Matt and Katie. They did our engagement, bridals, and wedding photography (which we can't wait to see). Our friends tell us that our Save the Date card is one that they still keep on their fridge because of how awesome the photography and idea was behind it. Matt and Katie listened to all of our ideas for our engagement pictures and made them come to life. We could not have been happier with their work. My bridals are something I will always treasure. And I know our wedding pictures will also be amazing. They are also just really cool people in general and are very fun to work with. No need to look any further for a photographer. Just pick MMP.
Taylor · Married on 10/27/2012
Matt and Katie are fabulous! I knew as soon as we met that I wanted to work with them. We came across the lovely couple through a referral, and it was a great decision! They have been so easy to work with, and are both tremendously talented people. Their work speaks for itself, I strongly recommend them!
Jillian · Married on 10/20/2012
My husband & I loved having Katie & Matt shoot our wedding, bridals & engagement photos. They are a wonderful team that helped me so much with styling & the creative process. Katie has such an artistic eye & Matt's ability to capture a moment is impeccable. They are very sweet, lovely people, and it was the easiest decision for me to make to book them. I was told by so many people that our photos looked amazing, or "like a magazine shoot". I can't say enough good things about them! I absolutely recommend them!
Danielle · Married on 10/14/2012
Matthew Moore Photography exceeded what we were expecting out of a engagement and wedding photographer! Within our first 5 minutes of meeting them in Austin, they new exactly what type of engagement shots would "fit" our personalities and scored us a shoot at the French Legate Museum in downtown Austin. Bryan and I had a relaxed and enjoyable time laughing with Matthew and Katie as they just let us "do our thing".
They are more than just wedding photographers: they helped us plan everything leading up to the wedding day including the day of timeline, best colors for photo shots, which earring to wear, and the coolest flowers. (I'm wondering if they should start a wedding event planning side of their business, too?!)
Our wedding day brought rain in the morning, but Matthew Moore Photography totally kept me calm and they found some awesome outdoor shots away from the clouds and the rain. Matthew even walked around with a sheet for me to stand on to keep the dress spotless. For the ceremony and reception at Tiny Boxwoods, they found the best detailed shots to capture everything from the menu, the ring-bearers pulling wagons outside, and our first-look. We are SO, SO pleased with every picture and love the signature gallery that MMP created. Gosh, when I got sick and was unable to get the CD with the images from our wedding, Matthew even took the extra time to email the gallery to me when it was ready as a sort of "chicken-soup". Wow...did it make me feel better!
If you are looking for photographers, you'll be missing out if you don't choose Matthew Moore. We love them and plan to go grab a cup of coffee with them anytime we're close to Austin because they are just that friendly and fun to be around!
KiKi · Married on 10/11/2012
My now-husband and I could not have been happier with the services provided by Matt and Katie of Matthew Moore Photography. I stumbled upon one of their beautiful shoots that had been published and knew that they'd be the team for us. While we had initially planned on getting married in Austin, TX (we're from Philadelphia), scheduling conflicts prevented this from happening. When news of this came to Matt and Katie, they were more than willing to accommodate our venue (and state!) change. Upon meeting the duo, we instantly felt at ease, and this comfort translated to gorgeous photos. Matt is great at keeping you laughing through the process, and Katie has an amazing artistic eye. We feel really lucky to have had them at our wedding and would definitely recommend the pair to any bride-to-be!!
Taylor · Married on 08/24/2012
We absolutely love Matthew and Katie's work! They make sure to go above and beyond to meet every request and desire regarding event! From our engagement photos to our wedding photos, their work has been outstanding! The creativity from venues, to positioning... The photos captured,to the editing, all mind blowing! It's undeniable these 2 individuals are gifted!!! I recommend them to any and everyone.
Jillian · Married on 06/16/2012
I could not be more happy and satisfied with the photographs from my wedding, as well as my bridal portraits. Matt and Katie are amazing to work with. I never felt uncomfortable or weird about being photographed. I love that they don't really pose you, they capture who you are when you least expect it. My photos are gorgeous, and our wedding was published on Style Me Pretty. I love them to death. Not only are they amazing at what they do, but they just happen to also be the sweetest people ever. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for amazing, breathtaking, photographs, as well as a fabulous experience. They are BEYOND amazing! :)
Mariana · Married on 09/30/2011
I can't say enough good things about Matthew Moore and his wife, Katie. They are the sweetest couple to work with and it is clear that photography is their passion. The photos they took of our wedding are beautiful and unique... we still get comments on them, over a year later. They were my favorite people to work with on our wedding, I would hire them again in a heartbeat!
Jen · Married on 03/02/2012
Deciding to work with Matthew Moore Photography was one of the best choices that we made while planning our wedding. Matthew and Katie were so professional and kind, and really a joy to have around on our wedding day. There is a dreamy quality to Matthew's photos which really captured the profound excitement and exuberance that we felt all day long. Somehow Matthew managed to be unobtrusive, and to let real moments unfold in front of his lens, while at the same time capturing every special memory. Thanks SO much for sharing your talents with us Matthew and Katie!!!!
P.S. One of my dear friends who attended my wedding ALSO hired Matthew and Katie to photograph her wedding in October, as she was so pleased with our photos and how great Matthew and Katie are to work with.