Matthew Hogan Photography Reviews

25 | Tyler, TX

25 Reviews for Matthew Hogan Photography

• Eris

Eris · Married on 11/26/2011

FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC! That is all that needs to be said about Matthew Hogan Photography, and I haven't even seen my finished pictures yet. ;0) I found this vendor from the vendor list here on Wedding Wire. I looked at his site, and loved his work. I wanted something edgier, and less traditional. He does whatever you like, so no worries for those who want more traditional. He is located in Tyler, TX but is willing to travel. He and his assitant worked a holiday weekend, and came all the way out to West Texas to take our pictures. The few pictures I saw on the camera while he was taking them were AMAZING. Can't wait to see the final product. I really hate giving a review prior to getting a final product, but Wedding Wire was already hitting me up within one week to provide a review.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Brittany · Married on 11/05/2011

Matthew and his assistant Daniel are AMAZING! They are so friendly and fun to work with, and really easy going. They are willing to go just about anywhere or try anything for a shoot. Their work is, simply put, awesome and they take the time to edit photos and make each look perfect! They are always quick to respond to emails (normally the same day that you send them one, sometimes a day or two after). Matthew runs his business with a lot of professionalism, while still being fun to hang around with. Matthew was always flexible with times and days to do shoots, and overall his work is a great value. We will be going back to Matt for family photos, etc!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Lori · Married on 10/08/2011

I the Mother of the Groom. An "old fogey, un-hip parent", but I am blown away by these guys. I've only had the pleasure of working with Matt so far. We are still months away from the wedding, but Matt is already taking care of us with the heart of a servant. As with most people, money can get tight at times, but Matt is patient and kind. He sticks to his business model, while making us comfortable.

Not only is this a great business, but, if he keeps it up, I believe he will be recognized as a true creative genius.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Brandi · Married on 05/07/2011

Matt and Daniel are great guys to work with and very personable! My now husband and I were drawn in by their laid back attitude and overall style. In fact, he was the first vendor we booked for and the one we were most happy with. If you haven't checked out his website you really need to do so. If I had to say anything negative about the experience is that we were really looking for a bit more direction since we are not used to be photographed but I wouldn't really count this against Matt because, had we mentioned it I'm sure he would have directed us just fine. Thank you to Matt for making this a wonderful experience!

Sent on 12/08/2011

Melissa · Married on 01/02/2011

Matthew Hogan is not only a master of photography, but also an awesome friend! If you like a unique and edgy, urban and fun; this is the guy to go to for all your photographing needs. You will have a ton of amazing pictures that you can show off for a lifetime!

Nandhu · Married on 09/18/2010

Mathew was highly professional and his quality of work was excellent .

Pallavi · Married on 09/18/2010

We loved the photos Matthew Hogan photography took on our wedding day. We cherish these beautiful wedding moments and the pictures till this date and forever. Thank you for the great service.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Georgeanna · Married on 07/31/2010

Mathew and his assistant were very helpful. They worked with us when we had to change the date of our pictures several times! They truly helped us have a fabulous time at our wedding!

Sent on 01/25/2011

Diana · Married on 07/24/2010

Getting married was one of the most important events in our lives, and we are so grateful to Matthew for having captured these 'once-in-a-lifetime-moments'. Matthew has the exceptional ability to take extraordinary photographs. What struck us most was his upbeat attitude and humor – yet, never allowing his professionalism to go astray. He made us feel comfortable and special throughout our event. We reviewed the photographs with tears in our eyes, as he was able to depict the essence of all of us.
    Matthew has the heart and desire to produce marvelous work, and we look forward to having him portray our forthcoming lives in the near future. Thanks, Matthew!

Sent on 01/26/2011

RJ & Natalie · Married on 07/03/2010

Matt Hogan did a phenomenal job with our wedding! He was prompt and very thorough throughout the entire process. I definitely recommend him to everyone wanting a professional outcome at a great price!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Alyssa · Married on 06/26/2010

Matt was a lot of fun to work with, and our wedding photos turned out beautiful!

Rachel · Married on 02/01/2010

I feel Matthew Hogan Photography is the best you can get. He was very professional and reliable. I love the quality of the editing and the pictures. He made my Wedding a picture perfect wedding fit for a website or magazine. I would recommend him to anyone who wants unique, beautiful and high quality pictures and portraits.

Sent on 05/15/2011

Layton · Married on 09/19/2009

Matthew made this the easiest part of the wedding. He agreed to drive over 5 hours to do the wedding which was great. The quality of work is fantastic and provided a unique touch to wedding photos. They were very professional and easy going. We could'nt have asked for better experience.

Sent on 02/17/2011
  • maulik

maulik · Married on 08/23/2009

The very first wods that come to my mind when I think about Matt and Daniel’s photography are creative, energetic, good listener, cooperative, flexible and I can keep on going…lol.
    We went through a lot of photographer’s portfolios before we decided to sign a contract with Matt and although there are some great wedding photographers out there…most of the portfolios that we saw seemed kind of generic and predictable. As soon as we saw Matt’s portfolio it caught our eye mainly because of their creativity. Apart from having a few generic “wedding” pictures we mostly wanted our wedding to be covered in a more photojournalistic and more creative fashion. Matt’s portfolio seemed to hit all the things that we wanted to see in our wedding album.
    As we were planning our wedding from out of state we were really anxious about planning. Thankfully upon getting in touch with Matt and Daniel one of our worries was soon gone as just from talking with them on phone it was evident that not only were the happy and excited to do our wedding but they understood our situation and tried to make it as easy on us as possible. They are really accommodating and flexible in every manner possible.
    On the day of wedding both Matt and Daniel arrived before time and started documenting the pre wedding preparations. Before meeting us at the venue on wedding day they had also visited nearby places and our wedding location thoroughly to look for different places where they visualized the compositions of pictures they would like to take. This saved a lot of time when it was time to take those pictures.
    All of my friends and family have now seem the wedding pictures now and the most common compliment that we get about them is that they wish they would have got their wedding covered by Matt.
    One of my friends was so impressed by their photography that when he was getting married in Sep 2010 in Kansas city we invited Matt to cover their wedding as well and their wedding pictures are amazing as well.
    All in all I would strongly recommend Matt and Daniel for any event and not just weddings.

Alyssa & Ryan · Married on 07/11/2009

Matthew Hogan Photography is epic photography. My pictures will last me a lifetime and Matthew and Daniel captured every breath-taking moment of that special day. They were professional but yet very calm and collected--which is so helpful because, in most cases, the bride is very nervous and anxious!
    My pictures are beautiful. I am so thankful to have had Matthew Hogan Photography as the photographer who made the best day of my life last forever!

Sent on 04/13/2011

Kodee · Married on 06/20/2009

Matthew did an amazing job photographing my wedding day. Pictures are so important to me and he did more than I could of even imagined! I love them and so does everyone else. I felt like he was just a good friend taking my pictures. He was super friendly and flexible. I would recommend him to anyone that was looking for an amazing photographer.

Kay · Married on 06/13/2009

He made my whole wedding experience that much memorable. Both matt and daniel were very professional. Matt has an eye for perfect shots. I would highly recommend him for anything! I hope to use him for future stuff.

Jennifer · Married on 03/14/2009

Matthew took my bridal portraits and our wedding photos and we LOVE them! I love having such great photos to remind us of all the fun we had that day.
    He was always quick to respond to questions when I e-mailed him, which was often, because I just LOVE to ask a million questions :)
    I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Jaime · Married on 09/12/2009

Matt and his assistant are the best! We had an absolute blast taking my bridals and at the wedding. Would recommend without hesitation. The pictures were absolutely stunning and his style is unique.

Jacqueline · Married on 07/25/2009

Really good price for an awesome job. Mathew helps you get the most out of the pictures and captures the moment just right. Really creative, and grate quality. More than satisfy with Mathew's work.

Brittany · Married on 09/27/2014

Matt & Daniel shot our engagement photos & my bridals. They have a way of putting you at ease, making you laugh, and bringing out the best and most photogenic side of yourselves. Both Matt & Daniel were willing (and excited) to go on adventures with us in order to have the perfect pictures. We would gladly recommend them to anyone seeking a HIGH QUALITY photographer for their big day. :)

Sent on 08/24/2014
  • I

amber · Married on 11/20/2010

Matt is so fun to work with. He and Daniel kept us laughing. We really enjoyed working with these guys. They are so flexible and love to shoot pictures that stray from the norm, as well as traditional wedding shots. Our pictures turned out amazing...we are so pleased! ould recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/23/2011

Claudia · Married on 10/02/2010

Absolutely wonderful to work with!

Sent on 01/22/2011

Kristina · Married on 08/20/2011

Matthew was awesome to work with. We were so happy to have found him online and have been extremely pleased with our pictures. He was super easy to talk to and get along with, and he was extremely flexible with whatever we needed. He's a very laid-back guy, which made the stressful day much easier and fun, and we would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/30/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2010

The pictures are amazing! Y'all did a really great job! Very professional yet fun and easy to work with. There are so many to pick from. I didn't know we had to actually order the pictures after the fact. There are so many to choose from and its taking forever to get actual prints we can share with family and friends. We didn't really budget to buy pictures after the whole thing.