Matthew Foster Photography Reviews

91 | New Orleans, LA

91 Reviews for Matthew Foster Photography

• Kelsey

Kelsey L. · Getting married on 08/02/2022

Amazing people, fantastic photographers!

I hired Matt and Liz to photograph my wedding in February 2021, and they were absolutely wonderful! They not only shot edited and returned to me over 1400 amazing pictures (including a list of every shot I had requested) but they also took so many great candid photos that really captured moments I never would have seen otherwise. They were also a huge support and voices of reason throughout the day. They helped make sure all of us stuck to the schedule, Matt was wonderful in helping me keep calm and making me laugh through some of the stressful moments of the wedding morning. Liz was amazing with my husband, the groomsmen, fathers and especially my 4 year old nephew! When the guys didn't know how to pin their boutineers on Liz stepped up immediately to help them and make sure everything was perfect. They were incredibly professional and they returned the edited digital copies of the pictures in just around two weeks! I highly recommend anyone getting married in the greater New Orleans area hire them for your wedding!

Sent on 03/18/2021
  • Angela

Angela E. · Married on 06/03/2021

Amazing Team and Beautiful Photos

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Matt and Liz are AMAZING!!! I cannot tell you how many times we heard and we are still hearing how awesome our photographers were. As the bride, I can say that Matt took the time to calm me when we saw dark clouds approaching, made me giggle to bring out my natural smile, and made me completely comfortable with him throughout all of our photo shoots. And Liz...what a sweetheart and a perfect teammate. The two together were magic. Even before seeing the pictures we knew we wouldn't be disappointed...and were definitely weren't. They somehow captured so many special moments that brought back up the emotions we felt that day. I told Matt just a couple of things that I wanted him to know that were special to me and he found a way to capture them in the most beautiful ways. Matt and Liz, thank you both so much for your work. We can't express enough how happy we are that we decided on you.

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Jody

Jody G. · Married on 04/12/2021

Beyond Amazing

Matt and Liz are two of the most creative, positive, professional photographers you will ever be lucky enough to work with. They bring so much positive energy and fun to every photo shoot- truly a joy to work with :) This team has the ability to capture the spirit and emotion of the moment and transfer it into every picture. Their unique eye and attention to detail result in simply stunning photographs- actual works of art! We have received so many compliments on all of the photos Matt and Liz have taken, from the engagement pics and bridal portraits, and now the wedding! We can't wait to share them all with our family and friends. If you are looking for a photographer who will be able to capture all of the excitement and emotion of your special day and transfer it into beautiful photos, make sure to hire Matt Foster!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Charlotte J. · Married on 03/12/2021

The best photography team!

Working with Matt and Liz was a dream! They were so kind from the start, easy to talk to and just SO PLEASANT to work with! The pictures are absolutely beautiful and they've gone above and beyond to help me make my album just perfect. Nick and I are so thankful for the experience we had with Matt and Liz and the quality of photography they provided. We can't recommend them enough!!!!

Sent on 12/02/2020

Amy R. · Married on 02/03/2021

BEST photographer !!!!!!

Matthew and his Team were the most amazing wedding photographers. They were on time, fun and super creative. We are so pleased and thank you for making our daughter Caroline the most happy bride ever. We loved all of the photos and know that Caroline and Trevor will be forever grateful to you for capturing so many special moments.

Sent on 04/18/2020
  • Bonnie

Bonnie S. · Married on 12/12/2020

The absolute best!

We were extremely fortunate enough to book Matt Foster and his assistant, Liz, for my daughter's December wedding in NOLA. WE ARE OVER OVER THE MOON HAPPY with not only the results of their long day, but they are SO fun to work with! We were so at ease with them, everything just seemed seamless and happy - no stress! I HIGHLY recommend them - you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 01/04/2021
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 11/14/2020

Hire Matt and Liz!

Where to even start... there are about 1500 reasons to hire Matt and Liz in our wedding gallery but here are a few more! Matt is the kind of guy you’d invite to your wedding just because he’s super cool. Our guests and vendors loved working with he and Liz just as much as we did! Of course they managed to capture every possible shot and memory through the day, they even captured the ones we missed. Even though they were seemingly with Heather and I all day, they managed to get some amazing shots of our friends and family that are absolutely frame worthy. Of course they were easy to work and communicate with, and super fast to get us some sneak peaks as always. But what sets them apart is their obvious love for what they do and their ability to just blend into the crowd and capture the best candid shots. They took the time to find the perfect places for our family portraits and first look and made sure we got all of those wedding must have shots that the brides are too crazy to think of! Choosing Matt and Liz to capture your wedding will take one less stressful item off of your to do list, and isn’t that what every brides needs on their wedding day?! Thanks again Matt and Liz, we are forever grateful for you both!

Sent on 12/05/2020
  • Chelsie

Chelsie · Married on 05/16/2020

Best duo ever!

Matt and Liz are beyond amazing. We loved working with them from the start to the very end. They are the perfect duo together. I would recommend them 100 times! Very professional, laid back, creative, and helpful. We had a great time working with them and we as well as everyone else loves our pictures and albums! They are amazing and do amazing things together. Very much recommended! Thanks again Matt and Liz for everything!!

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Thomas

Thomas B. · Married on 02/29/2020

The greatest

Matt and his team are amazing humans that provide amazing results! I cannot recommend them enough!!!! 10/10!!!

Sent on 08/27/2020
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 11/03/2019

Personable, Professional, and AWESOME!

We hired Matthew Foster Photography based on his fantastic portfolio for our destination wedding in New Orleans. Our communication leading up to the wedding was punctual, friendly, and professional. He answered all of my questions no matter how silly, and he took the time to ask questions about our wedding to get a good feel for us as a couple to better capture the day. The day of the wedding he was right on time and got down to business! I was totally running late and he kept his cool, which kept my cool, and he was able to get us to our first look and back with time to spare before the ceremony. When I got our photos back (quickly, I might add!) I was amazed and so so happy! He totally captured "us" and got some really beautiful portraits and photos of our closest friends and family as well, we definitely made the right choice hiring Matthew Foster Photography for our wedding and I totally recommend you do the same.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor R. · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing!

Matthew and Liz were an absolute pleasure to work with. They caught everything yet were never in the way by any means. Their personalities and professionalism is EXACTLY what you want/need on your special day. Look no further, this is your photographer!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 07/06/2019

Wedding photography

So great! From planning, to prompt picture returns, to the amazing pictures! They captured all the moments perfectly.

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline A. · Married on 06/08/2019

Fantastic!

Absolutely loved working with Matt and Liz! I first found out about them when I was in one of my best friend's weddings. Matt was great with the bridesmaids, and I loved the creative shots he came up with. When the full gallery was posted, their work was stunning, so when it came time to choose a photographer for my own wedding a couple years later, my decision was already made. Matt and Liz captured so many special moments - a great mix of traditional and artistic shots and plenty of fun party pics of our guests. Matt was even able to get my 2.5-year-old nephew to smile and look at the camera for a family portrait. Matt and Liz are kind, friendly, professional, laid back, and of course, very talented. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Lea

Lea · Married on 06/01/2019

Matt and Liz are the best!

Matt and Liz were absolutely amazing to work with. You can't go wrong by getting them to capture your day! I planned our wedding from another state and Matt was great about vendor recommendations, suggestions for locations of different shots, etc. And Liz was such a good sport about my crazy cajun family needing a myriad of large, family group shots at the reception. Our photos were absolutely amazing and we can't wait to use them for our Christmas card this year and give them to our family for gifts since they are all so great! I would definitely recommend Matt for their great service but also how easygoing and positive they were all day, especially with shots outside, in the middle of the day, in June, in NOLA :) !

Sent on 06/28/2019

Kelly · Married on 01/12/2019

Exquisite artistry and emotion

Our photos are stunning and reveal the love and emotion of the day, with exceptional beauty and artistry, thanks to Matt's talent and dedication. He made our day relaxing and fun, with extraordinary results. He took some very special photos outside in the rain during our first look--you definitely want Matt so you don't miss those amazing moments! We will treasure our exquisite photos and are grateful to Matt and Liz for our lasting memories.

Sent on 03/17/2019

Kelly K. · Married on 10/20/2018

The Best!!

I cannot say enough about Matt and Liz! When I began looking for a wedding photographer, I was immediately drawn to the beautiful and unique style of their photography. I had seen nothing like it! When the big day came, I was stressed as one can imagine. Matt was so calm and put all of my nerves at ease, making me feel comfortable in front of the camera. And, Liz worked magic getting my dad to smile and relax, which is no easy task! When the time came to view my wedding images, I was blown away! The photos are stunning! And, I could see the professionalism in that Liz and Matt made sure to have photos of all of our guests. Our posed photos are amazing, and the candid images are some of my favorites. I would definitely recommend Matt and Liz to anyone looking for a photographer with a unique yet classic style!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Nikki G. · Married on 10/04/2018

Why hire anyone else?

I can't imagine having any other photographer capture the spirit of our wedding. Matt and Liz were professional and approachable, and the end photos (especially the candids!) far exceeded our expectations. Thank you guys!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Christine · Married on 09/29/2018

Couldn't be happier! Amazing!

We couldn't be happier. Matt and Liz are an incredible team and we are SO HAPPY to have had them at our wedding. Several people we know have chosen Matthew Foster Photography for their weddings and special occasions in the past with good reason!! Talented, experienced, and knowledgeable. Beyond capturing beautiful moments and quickly producing a high quality and wonderful gallery for us - they are extremely professional, punctual, flexible, reliable, and so fun to work with. Could not have hoped for better.

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 09/28/2018

Hire Them!!!!

I don’t even know how to explain how floored I was when I received my wedding photos! I didn’t even know wedding photos could be that amazing outside a magazine!!! All of our friends and family were just as impressed. We got call after call and text after text saying OMG your wedding photos were phenomenal!!! The truth is that word... Phenomenal... is not even good enough!!! Matt and Liz are so friendly and creative! It was semi raining the day of our wedding and Matt and Liz didn’t even break a sweat. They took action and created shots that I would have never thought of. If you want the best experience, the kindest people, a team of talent, and wedding photos that will blow you away then this is your team! Thank you a million times over Matt and Liz!!!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Brian T. · Married on 05/10/2018

Beautiful Experience

We had such an amazing experience with Matt and Liz! It was a magical day, and to have two people mesh into our celebration so well, it seemed like they were just part of our family. They caught so many priceless moments throughout the night, and captured images that we can cherish forever. Photography is an art form, and they have undoubtedly mastered their craft. Thank you both from the bottom of our hearts for such an incredible time! Keep up the great work!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Kathryn D. · Married on 05/05/2018

Matt & Liz are THE BEST!

Matt & Liz were absolutely AMAZING! They helped to make our special day that much more stress free. Liz worked with the groom and his party while Matt worked with me and the bridesmaids! We both had wonderful experiences! Matt & Liz are not only fabulous photographers, they are truly great people who made taking photos easy and fun! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Lauren W. · Married on 04/07/2018

Wonderful Experience

We had the best experience with Matthew Foster! I could not recommend him more to capture your wedding. Matt and Liz made me feel so comfortable and stress free on my wedding day. They captured so many great moments that we’ll be able to treasure forever. They are the best!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Rian · Married on 01/13/2018

Matt and Liz were fantastic!! They are everything you could hope for in a photographer. They are so helpful and easy to talk to . You can tell that they love what they do. Our wedding pictures turned out perfectly. They are the best, and they have the best prices

Sent on 03/24/2018

Virginia · Married on 12/02/2017

Matt & Liz are an amazing team that don't just take pictures of your wedding, they capture moments that you missed while you were living them. Like most couples, our wedding day felt like it went at lightning speed. But getting the photos from Liz and Matt, we got to linger over all the parts of our special day that we only got 30 seconds to experience in real-time. And I'm notoriously difficult to get a good picture out of because I get nervous and I make weird faces. They had excellent tricks to help us (me) relax and they maxed out the photo value of our venue (Audubon Tea Room's garden, fog setting in over the mossy trees, that kind of thing). When I first emailed them, I think they got back to me in a few hours! Which was great because I had left photography to the last minute. Note to brides: don't do that! But we got lucky :) They were extremely accommodating and flexible on how much we shot and when, and my husband and I both felt their prices were extremely reasonable. We were planning from NYC and hammered out a lot of our details last-minute, but M/L made it easy and were perfectly in place on the day-of. You can't go wrong!

Sent on 03/02/2018