Matthew Foster Photography Reviews

Matthew Foster Photography 6
Matthew Foster Photography 7

Nikki Garcia · Married on 10/04/2018

Why hire anyone else?

I can't imagine having any other photographer capture the spirit of our wedding. Matt and Liz were professional and approachable, and the end photos (especially the candids!) far exceeded our expectations. Thank you guys!

Christine · Married on 09/29/2018

Couldn't be happier! Amazing!

We couldn't be happier. Matt and Liz are an incredible team and we are SO HAPPY to have had them at our wedding. Several people we know have chosen Matthew Foster Photography for their weddings and special occasions in the past with good reason!! Talented, experienced, and knowledgeable. Beyond capturing beautiful moments and quickly producing a high quality and wonderful gallery for us - they are extremely professional, punctual, flexible, reliable, and so fun to work with. Could not have hoped for better.

• Desiree

Desiree · Married on 09/28/2018

Hire Them!!!!

I don’t even know how to explain how floored I was when I received my wedding photos! I didn’t even know wedding photos could be that amazing outside a magazine!!! All of our friends and family were just as impressed. We got call after call and text after text saying OMG your wedding photos were phenomenal!!! The truth is that word... Phenomenal... is not even good enough!!! Matt and Liz are so friendly and creative! It was semi raining the day of our wedding and Matt and Liz didn’t even break a sweat. They took action and created shots that I would have never thought of. If you want the best experience, the kindest people, a team of talent, and wedding photos that will blow you away then this is your team! Thank you a million times over Matt and Liz!!!

Kathryn Diguette · Married on 05/05/2018

Matt & Liz are THE BEST!

Matt & Liz were absolutely AMAZING! They helped to make our special day that much more stress free. Liz worked with the groom and his party while Matt worked with me and the bridesmaids! We both had wonderful experiences! Matt & Liz are not only fabulous photographers, they are truly great people who made taking photos easy and fun! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Lauren Williams · Married on 04/07/2018

Wonderful Experience

We had the best experience with Matthew Foster! I could not recommend him more to capture your wedding. Matt and Liz made me feel so comfortable and stress free on my wedding day. They captured so many great moments that we’ll be able to treasure forever. They are the best!!

Rian · Married on 01/13/2018

Matt and Liz were fantastic!! They are everything you could hope for in a photographer. They are so helpful and easy to talk to . You can tell that they love what they do. Our wedding pictures turned out perfectly. They are the best, and they have the best prices

Virginia · Married on 12/02/2017

Matt & Liz are an amazing team that don't just take pictures of your wedding, they capture moments that you missed while you were living them. Like most couples, our wedding day felt like it went at lightning speed. But getting the photos from Liz and Matt, we got to linger over all the parts of our special day that we only got 30 seconds to experience in real-time. And I'm notoriously difficult to get a good picture out of because I get nervous and I make weird faces. They had excellent tricks to help us (me) relax and they maxed out the photo value of our venue (Audubon Tea Room's garden, fog setting in over the mossy trees, that kind of thing). When I first emailed them, I think they got back to me in a few hours! Which was great because I had left photography to the last minute. Note to brides: don't do that! But we got lucky :) They were extremely accommodating and flexible on how much we shot and when, and my husband and I both felt their prices were extremely reasonable. We were planning from NYC and hammered out a lot of our details last-minute, but M/L made it easy and were perfectly in place on the day-of. You can't go wrong!

Matthew Foster Photography 9
    Matthew Foster Photography 10
    Matthew Foster Photography 11

Tina · Married on 11/11/2017

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Matt and Liz. They are extremely talented individuals who were such a pleasure to work with. We were amazed at the amount of candid moments they were able to capture so beautifully. Their work is so artistic and really stands out in the world of wedding photography where photos can start to look formulaic. They are extremely professional, responsive, and accommodating. We requested several touch ups to our photos after the fact and received all the edits in a day’s turnaround. They were truly a pleasure to work with, made us feel so comfortable, and are just such great human beings.

Pam · Married on 10/21/2017

Gorgeous photography and a true pleasure to work with. Responsive, reliable, and so hard-working. Every time something special happened, Matthew and Liz were on it! The pictures are absolutely beautiful and exceed our greatest hopes. Highly recommend

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2017

Can't recommend highly enough! Matt and Liz were very responsive leading up the wedding, and offered a great balance of asking what i wanted, and giving their professional opinion as wedding experts. Ahead of the wedding we discussed when and where to do the first look and to take formal pictures, and they went ahead of scoped out the venue ahead of time, so they could be prepared with ideas and recommendations. They both were on-time/early the day-of, and helped coordinate some of the factors I hadn't even thought of (i.e. how to not see each other before the first look, etc.). They both were extremely easy to work with, and were friendly and not overwhelmed, which is exactly what you need on the day of your wedding.
    I received the pictures very timely, and loved them all. And they are a great value for the services provided!

Annika · Married on 04/22/2017

I truly can't articulate how amazing the whole experience with Matt and Liz was. They came highly recommended from our vendor and upon first look at their website, it was easy to see why.

Throughout the planning process, they were kind and patient and super responsive to any questions we had. In the weeks before our wedding, Matt was quick to answer all emails. The day of could not have gone more perfectly, and Matt's calm attitude and kind manner had so much to do with that. He seamlessly arrived to a gaggle of girls getting hair and makeup done, and got right to snapping pictures.

The first look was perfectly arranged and we almost forgot Matt was even there. Our pictures through the French Quarter are magical, the ceremony photos are beautiful and the reception and second-line photographs perfectly capture the fun that everyone was having.

The pictures are amazing and we're delivered to us within 3 weeks of the wedding! Our guests are raving about them and my husband & I can't stop looking at them. They're amazing. Do not hesitate, Matt and Liz are the perfect addition to your day and will do such an amazing job capturing every moment.

Charlotte · Married on 04/13/2017

Matt and Liz are incredible! Their work is magical, and they are so much fun to be around. Matt helped me plan the running of the wedding. They were both so flexible as we changed our minds multiple times about where we were each getting ready before the wedding. They responded to queries quickly. They are a calming influence, kept things moving efficiently, and captured incredible moments beautifully. Everyone has commented on how beautiful my wedding photos are - and I have to admit choosing Matt was one of the wisest decisions I made in planning my wedding!

Brittany · Married on 12/17/2016

One of my best decisions during wedding planning was booking Matt and Liz. Leading up to the wedding, Matt always took the time to answer my random questions and helped me stay on track. He helped me put together a flawless agenda and understood my vision for the big day. As soon as Matt arrived the day of my wedding, he put my nerves at ease! He completely took control of the room with the most calming sense. Liz was with my husband and the groomsmen. The shots she got of them are unlike anything I’ve seen! They look straight out of a magazine. We received our wedding photos on the last day of our honeymoon. It was the best gift as we were coming back home as a married couple! I can’t say enough about Matt and Liz. Their work is so unique and they truly make your whole experience an unforgettable memory. They are a great team!

Kimberly · Married on 12/03/2016

Matt and Liz are MAGICAL! Seriously! They're like you're old friends who you've known for forever who just happen to also be professional photographers. Working with them was as easy as smiling! They were such a delight! The photos from our engagement session and our wedding are so beautiful-better than we could have imagined and we are beyond appreciative for the memories that they have given us. You won't go wrong with Matt and Liz!

Collyn · Married on 11/19/2016

Choosing Matthew as my photographer was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning process. Matt and Liz were wonderful. They fit in so well with my family and friends. Their images are BEAUTIFUL and they both have a great eye for amazing shots. We love all of our pictures from the engagement pictures to the wedding pictures, and we had a blast having Matt and Liz catch all of the wonderful moments!

Jenna · Married on 10/01/2016

Your wedding day is something every little girl dreams of, and I was no exception. If someone would have told me twenty years ago that I would be planning a New Orleans wedding from California, I would have laughed. The joke was on me. I booked Matt and Liz based solely on reviews like this and by stalking their social media accounts and I. Could. Not. Be. Happier. Where do I start with these two? I arrived in New Orleans a week before the wedding and knew I wanted to at least meet the person who would be capturing the most important day of my life. Matt went out of his way to meet me for coffee and discuss the day of details. He asked the right questions and reassured me that everything would be great. He arrived on the wedding day, looking quite spiffy if I may say so, and made everyone feel comfortable. Liz captured the groom and groomsmen perfectly, both their serious and comical sides. My husband even mentioned that she was like a fly on the wall, there when she wanted to capture a shot, but also let them do their thing. Above all, what I appreciated the most was that Matt and Liz are a team. It is obvious that they are a ying and yang, which meant that even though I had two photographers, I could not tell you who took which photo because they were all wonderful. I will cherish these pictures and memories forever. I highly recommend these fabulous people and cannot thank them enough!

Joni · Married on 06/18/2016

Matt and Liz were Perfect for our Wedding Day! The experience was Amazing and they made us feel very comfortable, relaxed and calm. They captured every moment from getting dressed to the last dance! My photos are simply Beautiful and I am having a difficult time choosing my Favs for an album, all of them are my Favs!

Kate · Married on 05/15/2016

Congratulations! You've just found your wedding photographer! Matt and Liz are phenomenal. Their rate is a steal, and we had a fabulous time working with them. They are professional, efficient and fun. We received a personalized USB drive with all our incredible photos, and we couldn't be more pleased. Matt and Liz have a fantastic sense of humor, and we felt at ease with them throughout the entire process. We chose to do our family set-ups before the ceremony, which allowed us and our families to enjoy the entire reception. Stop reading countless reviews and book Matthew Foster Photography today. They will exceed your expectations and provide beautiful, artistic images of your exciting day!

Kelsey · Married on 01/08/2016

I'm not totally sure how to put into words how absolutely wonderful Matt and Liz are, but seriously, my husband and I could not have asked for a better experience. I had the pleasure of working with Matt the day of he wedding and my husband and his crew were with Liz. First, let me tell you something about Liz, she took some of the most amazing pictures and she was working with quite a rowdy group of guys. SHE IS AMAZING. As for Matt, I personally can feel rather awkward when it comes to having my picture taken, but when I tell you I've never felt so comfortable with someone photographing me in my entire life I am serious. Matt was so professional and he made me and my bridesmaids laugh constantly! It felt as if an old friend was behind the lense. Our pictures came out better than we could has ever imagined and we are beyond grateful for the experience! THANK YOU MATT AND LIZ for everything!

Charlotte · Married on 12/20/2015

Stop what you're doing instantly and book Matt and Liz for your wedding. The reviews are all true. They are the B-E-S-T. We first met Matt during our engagement shoot, for which he came to our home, and we instantly knew we had made the right decision. Matt put both my husband and I at complete ease, as this was our first professional photography session. He is funny, kind, engaging, and unbelievably talented. Our bazillion engagement pictures came out better than we could have imagined and still remain to be some of our favorite photos to date. For our wedding day? Where do I get started? Matt and Liz are truly an amazing team. Matt, again, blended well with the girls getting ready, rarely stopping our progress and hardly making his presence known. Liz was kind enough to stay with my husband, tie his tie, and talk him through the most nerve wracking day of his life :) We hardly remember seeing them throughout the ceremony or the reception - but with nearly 1000 images from our ceremony and reception, they were definitely plugged in and ON IT. As Matt tucked us into our limo at the end of the night, we were pretty sad that we wouldn't be spending any more time with them anytime soon :(
    In terms of service, work product, pricing, and just general ease and pleasure to work with, there is no comparison to Matt and Liz.

Sara · Married on 12/19/2015

Oh, where to begin with Matthew Foster Photography? Words cannot describe how absolutely fantastic he and Liz are! We actually had the pleasure of working with Matt prior to the wedding because he also did our engagement photos. He photographed us around the french quarter and the Superdome. We couldn't believe how beautiful those photos turned out... so of course he set the bar high for our wedding expectations... AND HE OUTDID HIMSELF!! There are no words for the beauty depicted in his photos. Their talent is remarkable. I had the pleasure of working with Matt all day on wedding day, and Ali, my husband :), had the pleasure of working with Liz . They are both so fun and professional!. Matt will definitely make you laugh and feel so comfortable. Every single photo: from makeup, to putting my dress on, to our first look, to group photos, to the ceremony, reception and second line were more than we could have ever dreamed of. I can't imagine how much time he put into editing our photos. He brought so much life into them. Our black and white photos felt so old New Orleans and vintage and our color photos brought our special day to life again. Another plus (if even needed).. He has your photos edited and released to you so quickly! He had ours done in less than two weeks! He and Liz are nothing short of fabulous. If you're getting married and looking for the BEST photographer, BOOK MATTHEW FOSTER. He will astound you in every single way. Cannot say enough good things about him and Liz!

Liz · Married on 12/05/2015

I recommend Matt and Liz to everyone I know that gets engaged! They are hands down the best wedding photographers!
    They are very experienced, which means your photos won't take forever. They meet w you to make sure to get a list of all the photos you specifically want taken. They are also extremely creative, which leads to some beautiful photos.
    In addition, they are very fun and outgoing people, which means they blend right in to your party and never seem like they are in the way!
    One of my favorite things about Matt and Liz is their ability to capture beautiful photos if all our guests. It was important for me to have photos of all our family and friends.
    Book these guys if you can get them! It will be one of the best decisions you make in all the craziness of wedding planning!!

Desiree · Married on 10/25/2015

Matthew and Liz were incredible to work with! They were fun, professional, and wonderful at their jobs! I would recommend them to absolutely anyone looking for beautiful moments artfully captured. My husband and I worked with Matt prior to the wedding to come up with the feel of the pictures and a game plan for getting them done. Matt and Liz made us feel like we had a completely personalized experience- and we did! The end result was many perfectly breathtaking shots. These guys come highly recommended by us!

Matthew and Liz made our wedding day SO special! They were amazing to work with and really picked up on the small things that were special to my husband and I and went with them.... my groom jokingly said that we should grab a drink and Matt was like, "yes, go do that!". Our pictures walking in the French Quarter will be forever so so special to us and we have them to thank for capturing these moments in such an intimate, unique, artistic, and personally meaningful way. Matt and Liz are true artists and they are passionate about their work. These facts were so apparent on our wedding day while we were working with them AND in the beautiful pictures they produced. I would not hesitate to use Matt and Liz. They are so easy to work with, on time, professional, and have a creative edge that I think is unique and special. I cannot thank them enough for sharing their talent and passion with us on our wedding day.