Matthew Foster Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Kelsey
    Kelsey L. Getting married on 08/02/2022

Amazing people, fantastic photographers!

I hired Matt and Liz to photograph my wedding in February 2021, and they were absolutely wonderful! They not only shot edited and returned to me over 1400 amazing pictures (including a list of every shot I had requested) but they also took so many great candid photos that really captured moments I never would have seen otherwise. They were also a huge support and voices of reason throughout the day. They helped make sure all of us stuck to the schedule, Matt was wonderful in helping me keep calm and making me laugh through some of the stressful moments of the wedding morning. Liz was amazing with my husband, the groomsmen, fathers and especially my 4 year old nephew! When the guys didn't know how to pin their boutineers on Liz stepped up immediately to help them and make sure everything was perfect. They were incredibly professional and they returned the edited digital copies of the pictures in just around two weeks! I highly recommend anyone getting married in the greater New Orleans area hire them for your wedding!
  • Tara
    Tara B. Married on 05/28/2022

Amazing!!!

I cannot say enough great things about Matthew!! We met Matthew almost 2 years ago. With COVID our wedding was canceled twice but this past April it finally happened. Throughout all that time Matthew stayed in touch and was committed to our date. He was so easy going and flexible which made my life a little less stressful. We had a small destination wedding in NOLA and wanted our pictures to be more spontaneous and non-traditional. Matthew did an amazing job of capturing the essence of our wedding, the special bond we had to each of our guest and all without us even remembering he was in the room LOL We just got our pictures a few days ago, reviewing them brought my husband and I too tears at how amazing they were. Thank you Matthew for sticking with us all this time and for making our magical evening one we will be able to look back on and remember for forever!!
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie P. Married on 03/11/2022

Photos We Will Cherish FOREVER

We hired Matt for our engagement photos and Matt and Liz for our wedding and I am SO happy we did! They are both incredibly talented, so much fun and made such an amazing day so stress-free and joyful. We will cherish these photos forever and will definitely be hiring them for anniversary shoots in the future!
    Rachel M. Married on 02/04/2022

The BEST photography team!

Matt snd Liz captured our wedding day in the most flawless way! They were so accommodating and flexible through some last minute changes! They are an amazing team to capture your special moments!
    Laurel Married on 12/11/2021

10/10 Stars

Matt and Liz are wonderful! They are professional, responsive, and truly talented photographers. Narrowing down the 1400 photos for an album is going to be a challenge!! Thank you both! We loved working with you!
    Kelly L. Married on 12/10/2021

Can flexibility be higher than 5 stars? So glad we chose Matt!

What can I say about Matt and Liz? If you're looking for a wedding photographer team with experience, a fun and chill vibe, who can roll with everything with ease and a smile, look no further. We postponed our wedding celebration and made changes twice due to COVID and Matt was so gracious and easy to work with. When the day finally came, Matt and Liz captured hours worth of shots. We didn't have a videographer, so a wide range of photos were very important to us. Matt and Liz caught amazing detail shots, posed family portraits and two hours worth of fun with our friends at Jam Nola (where the entire point is taking photos) all before the reception and second line. We have thousands of memories thanks to this team. And when my mother-in-law needed some extra retouching done, they turned it around that same day. All in all, Matt and Liz are Incredibly easy to work with, super willing to go above and beyond, and just fun people to have around on your wedding day!
  • Lylah
    Lylah D. Married on 12/04/2021

Best Photographer in NOLA

Planning: Go check out their portfolio on their website and Instagram - after I did, I became their biggest fan! It was so incredible to work with someone who makes such beautiful art and who truly loves doing it. It was their work that initially convinced me to reach out to them, but it was Matt’s personality that made us say “yes” without hesitation. This was one of a few decisions about our wedding vendors I made without consulting my fiancé - I just told him that I found our photographer and he’s perfect. His personality is calming, enthusiastic, professional, personable, and passionate that is contagious! He was very responsive throughout the planning process. ///////// Wedding day experience: Matt arrived to the suite where my bridal party was getting ready and he instantly fit right in. He went right to work as if he was excited to start shooting! He was so patient with me and my bridal party and fit right in with our antics (we taught him a new swear word or two - oops!). It was amazing to watch him work his artistry in real time. He knew the exact shot he wanted and how to communicate efficiently to our bridal party and family. To our wedding party, Matt quickly and affectionately became “the one with the eyes” (when you meet him, you’ll know what we mean). He and Liz have such an amazing rapport; their thoughts seem to flow seamlessly between each others brains, which made for an efficient photographing experience. While it was clear they had a plan for pre-ceremony portraits, last-minute we had to change plans (due to a lost room key), so we went rogue and took it to the streets! It seemed like they were in their element regardless of the situation (planned or spontaneous), and we were so lucky to benefit from their flexibility. ///////// I’m writing this review based on my experience working with Matt 3 days ago, even before seeing our wedding day photos, but as stated in the first sentences, I have no doubt that they will be incredible. Check out their work, talk to Matt, and rest assured you’ll have stunning photos to recap the best day of your lives!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/09/2021

One word..... WOW

I was excited to work with Matthew Foster Photography for my wedding after seeing how beautiful the pictures from my cousins' weddings were. All of my expectations were met and so much more! Matthew Foster is professional, fun, communicative, and captures the most memorable moments of the day in gorgeous pictures. More than that, I have full access to a gallery of all the edited photos in such a short waiting time of a month. It was an absolute JOY working with Matthew Foster Photography and HIGHLY recommend anyone to get on their schedule ASAP before they get booked up! Thanks again Matthew and Liz!
  • Leigh
    Leigh C. Married on 06/04/2021

Beautiful Photos to Capture Beautiful Moments!

I cannot speak highly enough about Matt and Liz! Not only are they both incredibly talented photographers, but they were also a pleasure to be around on our wedding day! They managed to remove the stress of taking photos and made it an enjoyable experience. You can tell that they really enjoy what they do, and it showed in their photos! They were able to beautifully capture all of our requested shots and shots we would have never imagined - with time to spare before the ceremony! We really appreciated the creative shots that were different from your standard off-the-shelf wedding photos. We have received so many compliments on the photos from family and friends. We will cherish these captured moments forever. Having Matt and Liz photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made! If you want to see more of their work, be sure to check out their Facebook, Instagram, and Website.
  • Angela
    Angela E. Married on 06/03/2021

Amazing Team and Beautiful Photos

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Matt and Liz are AMAZING!!! I cannot tell you how many times we heard and we are still hearing how awesome our photographers were. As the bride, I can say that Matt took the time to calm me when we saw dark clouds approaching, made me giggle to bring out my natural smile, and made me completely comfortable with him throughout all of our photo shoots. And Liz...what a sweetheart and a perfect teammate. The two together were magic. Even before seeing the pictures we knew we wouldn't be disappointed...and were definitely weren't. They somehow captured so many special moments that brought back up the emotions we felt that day. I told Matt just a couple of things that I wanted him to know that were special to me and he found a way to capture them in the most beautiful ways. Matt and Liz, thank you both so much for your work. We can't express enough how happy we are that we decided on you.
  • Jody
    Jody G. Married on 04/12/2021

Beyond Amazing

Matt and Liz are two of the most creative, positive, professional photographers you will ever be lucky enough to work with. They bring so much positive energy and fun to every photo shoot- truly a joy to work with :) This team has the ability to capture the spirit and emotion of the moment and transfer it into every picture. Their unique eye and attention to detail result in simply stunning photographs- actual works of art! We have received so many compliments on all of the photos Matt and Liz have taken, from the engagement pics and bridal portraits, and now the wedding! We can't wait to share them all with our family and friends. If you are looking for a photographer who will be able to capture all of the excitement and emotion of your special day and transfer it into beautiful photos, make sure to hire Matt Foster!
  • Molly
    Molly D. Married on 03/27/2021

Look no further- Matt and Liz are the best!

Matt and Liz did a FANTASTIC job photographing our wedding. Literally could not have been better.

I would hire them again without hesitation-- here's why you should, too:

- They were just lovely, warm people and brought the kind of energy you want on your wedding day. Liz even helped the groom get his boutonnière on straight.
    - They were able to wrangle my family and get the shots we needed quickly and efficiently while maintaining a relaxed, upbeat environment. (And that was challenging! Several family members were REAL late for group portraits and we had to get them done quickly because guests were arriving!)
    - I wanted beautiful formal portraits, but I also wanted tons of candids of our guests-- I wanted to see the wedding through their eyes and really remember what it felt like to be there. Matt and Liz absolutely share that vision. They gave me about 1500 images, hundreds of which are of our guests dancing and visiting and laughing and... seriously. It took my husband and me hours to get through them all the first time because we had such a good time reliving everything.
    - Matt and Liz are talented artists. They know how to work with the light and gave us a wide array of beautiful, nuanced, interesting portraits. We had the classics, but we also had some really neat, magazine editorial-style shots as well. As I was making our wedding album I really appreciated having so many different options to choose from.

In short, Matt and Liz were everything I had hoped they would be-- they are professional, wonderful people to work with on such an important day. They were easy to communicate with, got our photos back to us super fast, and turned out images I am absolutely thrilled to share with others.
    Charlotte J. Married on 03/12/2021

The best photography team!

Working with Matt and Liz was a dream! They were so kind from the start, easy to talk to and just SO PLEASANT to work with! The pictures are absolutely beautiful and they've gone above and beyond to help me make my album just perfect. Nick and I are so thankful for the experience we had with Matt and Liz and the quality of photography they provided. We can't recommend them enough!!!!
    Amy R. Married on 02/03/2021

BEST photographer !!!!!!

Matthew and his Team were the most amazing wedding photographers. They were on time, fun and super creative. We are so pleased and thank you for making our daughter Caroline the most happy bride ever. We loved all of the photos and know that Caroline and Trevor will be forever grateful to you for capturing so many special moments.
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie S. Married on 12/12/2020

The absolute best!

We were extremely fortunate enough to book Matt Foster and his assistant, Liz, for my daughter's December wedding in NOLA. WE ARE OVER OVER THE MOON HAPPY with not only the results of their long day, but they are SO fun to work with! We were so at ease with them, everything just seemed seamless and happy - no stress! I HIGHLY recommend them - you will be so glad you did!
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn Married on 11/14/2020

Hire Matt and Liz!

Where to even start... there are about 1500 reasons to hire Matt and Liz in our wedding gallery but here are a few more! Matt is the kind of guy you’d invite to your wedding just because he’s super cool. Our guests and vendors loved working with he and Liz just as much as we did! Of course they managed to capture every possible shot and memory through the day, they even captured the ones we missed. Even though they were seemingly with Heather and I all day, they managed to get some amazing shots of our friends and family that are absolutely frame worthy. Of course they were easy to work and communicate with, and super fast to get us some sneak peaks as always. But what sets them apart is their obvious love for what they do and their ability to just blend into the crowd and capture the best candid shots. They took the time to find the perfect places for our family portraits and first look and made sure we got all of those wedding must have shots that the brides are too crazy to think of! Choosing Matt and Liz to capture your wedding will take one less stressful item off of your to do list, and isn’t that what every brides needs on their wedding day?! Thanks again Matt and Liz, we are forever grateful for you both!
  • Eric
    Eric S. Married on 09/19/2020

Matt and Liz are rock stars!!

Matthew Foster and Liz King photographed our September 2021 wedding at The Chicory in New Orleans and we would definitely recommend them!

After looking through Matt's website and seeing some great examples of his previous work we decided to reach out and set up a phone call to discuss our wedding. It was very easy to speak with Matt and he immediately understood what we were looking for. We wanted a photographer who had experience working at our venue and who had a cool photojournalism style. We wanted our pictures to look natural and candid, but still professional and creative. Matt and Liz gave us exactly what we were looking for.

Due to COVID we had to push back our wedding almost a year. Matt was very easy to work with and helped us to reschedule for our new date. All communication with Matt was very easy. He reached out to us well in advance of our wedding day and answered all of our questions completely.

On the day of our wedding we could not have had a better experience working with Matt and Liz! They both showed up on time and were extremely professional throughout the entire day. At the same time they helped us to stay relaxed and made sure that we were having fun. We're not used to having pictures taken of us or being the center of attention, but Matt and Liz made us feel so comfortable -- almost like we were hanging out with friends. Liz was even able to help the guys make sure their boutonnieres were pinned correctly which was a huge bonus -- I really don't know if the guys would have been able to do it without her! Also, they were so nice working with our family and friends to capture all of the portraits that we wanted. During the ceremony and reception they were able to capture so many great moments while not being too intrusive or getting in the way of anything.

Matt and Liz delivered the pictures to us less than 3 weeks after the wedding. We were absolutely delighted with the pictures we received. Over 1,200 pictures which captured so many of our favorite moments throughout the day and night. We could not be happier with the whole experience of working with Matt and Liz.

If you value photography and want someone who is a master of their craft and a true professional all-round, look no further.
  • Chelsie
    Chelsie Married on 05/16/2020

Best duo ever!

Matt and Liz are beyond amazing. We loved working with them from the start to the very end. They are the perfect duo together. I would recommend them 100 times! Very professional, laid back, creative, and helpful. We had a great time working with them and we as well as everyone else loves our pictures and albums! They are amazing and do amazing things together. Very much recommended! Thanks again Matt and Liz for everything!!
  • Thomas
    Thomas B. Married on 02/29/2020

The greatest

Matt and his team are amazing humans that provide amazing results! I cannot recommend them enough!!!! 10/10!!!
  • Kate
    Kate C. Married on 11/09/2019

Everything I hoped for

We initially chose Matt and Liz as our photographers because I loved their wedding portfolio. It was like I could FEEL the excitement and the fun that the couples and the wedding guests were having just by looking at the pictures. Their ability to capture those candid, special moments, through the crowd of wedding guests, of just the couple was exactly what I wanted. On the day of our wedding, Matt and Liz arrived and honestly brought the calmest energy. Neither my husband nor I are huge picture people, we didn’t do engagement pictures or bridal portraits or anything like that because it just isn’t us. But, Matt and Liz made everything so natural and easy, it didn’t feel awkward or staged, and it allowed my husband and I to be ourselves and enjoy the moment. The pictures we have from our wedding are beyond-words beautiful (I never thought I was photogenic until I saw these pictures), you can see and FEEL the happiness and love! Every time I look at them I smile because it brings me back to the best day of my life and I am so thankful Matt and Liz were able to capture it exactly how I remember
  • Katherine
    Katherine Married on 11/03/2019

Personable, Professional, and AWESOME!

We hired Matthew Foster Photography based on his fantastic portfolio for our destination wedding in New Orleans. Our communication leading up to the wedding was punctual, friendly, and professional. He answered all of my questions no matter how silly, and he took the time to ask questions about our wedding to get a good feel for us as a couple to better capture the day. The day of the wedding he was right on time and got down to business! I was totally running late and he kept his cool, which kept my cool, and he was able to get us to our first look and back with time to spare before the ceremony. When I got our photos back (quickly, I might add!) I was amazed and so so happy! He totally captured "us" and got some really beautiful portraits and photos of our closest friends and family as well, we definitely made the right choice hiring Matthew Foster Photography for our wedding and I totally recommend you do the same.
  • Taylor
    Taylor R. Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing!

Matthew and Liz were an absolute pleasure to work with. They caught everything yet were never in the way by any means. Their personalities and professionalism is EXACTLY what you want/need on your special day. Look no further, this is your photographer!
  • Joy
    Joy Married on 07/06/2019

Wedding photography

So great! From planning, to prompt picture returns, to the amazing pictures! They captured all the moments perfectly.
  • Caroline
    Caroline A. Married on 06/08/2019

Fantastic!

Absolutely loved working with Matt and Liz! I first found out about them when I was in one of my best friend's weddings. Matt was great with the bridesmaids, and I loved the creative shots he came up with. When the full gallery was posted, their work was stunning, so when it came time to choose a photographer for my own wedding a couple years later, my decision was already made. Matt and Liz captured so many special moments - a great mix of traditional and artistic shots and plenty of fun party pics of our guests. Matt was even able to get my 2.5-year-old nephew to smile and look at the camera for a family portrait. Matt and Liz are kind, friendly, professional, laid back, and of course, very talented. Highly recommend!