Matte Make-up Artistry Reviews

19 | Destin, FL

19 Reviews for Matte Make-up Artistry

Monique · Married on 03/06/2015

Extremely professional and courteous, Julia was an absolute dream to work with. Her team did the makeup for myself, my mom, mother in law, and wedding party and we were all blown away with the end result! So easy to work with, she listened to everyone's requests for tweaking (though they were very minimal). If ever given the opportunity to work with Julia again I would in a second and I would for sure recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist for their big day!

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2014

Julia did a wonderful job on my wedding makeup. She was very professional & good at what she does. I would definitely recommend her services .

Anne · Married on 05/28/2014

Julia did such an awesome job on my makeup for my wedding day. I told her what I had in mind and she did exactly that. I felt exactly the way a bride should feel on her wedding day, and my flawless makeup was a HUGE part of that!

She did an outstanding job! It was short notice and she responded quickly. Loved my makeup and it stayed on for the whole event.

Julia was so nice and easy to work with. We had a practice session before the actual wedding day and she was constantly making sure I liked what she was doing and told me different options I had for the day of if I wanted to change anything. The day of my wedding she arrived early and was very calm and patient during all the chaos of everyone getting ready. She is very kind and sweet and a pleasure to be around. She did a great job on my make up too!

Mae · Married on 12/19/2013

Julia did the makeup for my wedding as well as my mom, mother-in-law, and bridesmaid. She did airbrush makeup for all of us and it lasted well throughout the night. She showed up right on schedule and was very friendly and professional throughout the whole process. I was a destination bride and she was readily available and flexible with my schedule, despite her hectic schedule. I would definitely reccommend her to any bride who wants to look flawless on her wedding day!

kelly · Married on 10/05/2013

Julia was wonderful to work with she was on time and listened to what makeup look I was going for. She comes to any location and can also bring an assistant if you have a larger party who need traditional or airbrush makeup done. I decided to go with airbrush makeup because I was getting married on the beach and with the humidity I wanted to make sure I looked flawless and my makeup stayed on the whole time. My makeup turned out wonderful she only uses professional makeup and the best brands for what ever look you are going for. If I were to get married again or have any special occasions in the future I will make sure to book her again.

Shelby · Married on 11/10/2012

LOVED Julia! She did an amazing job and was fun to conversate with! She's very dependable - she did mine and a bridesmaid makeup less than a week after having a baby! She's very professional and made our makeup look natural! Highly recommend!

-Shelby

Lauren · Married on 10/27/2012

Julia of Matte Makeup was AMAZING!! She provided air brush makeup at my wedding on Oct. 27th 2012 for me, the bride, and my maid of honor! We loved it and couldn't have been happier! Her work is gorgous and she is such an amazing person! Our makeup stayed on all night through tears and sweat. Deciding to have our bridal makeup done was one of my favorite parts of the wedding! Julia also provided lashes for my mom which were great and looked so good! I am very happy with Julia and would recommend her to everyone getting married or having a special event! A must!!!

Lauren

Jill · Married on 10/20/2012

Julia was wonderful & very professional ! I would definitely use her again!

Kati · Married on 10/05/2012

I can only say good things about the services Matte Make-up Artistry provided for me and my bridal party on my wedding day. I am from Louisiana and my wedding was in Destin, FL. Before my wedding day Julia and I had no face-to-face meeting, but I had complete faith that she would do a wonderful job and that is what her and her team did! After searching for many make-up artists in the Destin area I found that Matte Make-up Artistry was the most reasonable with the amount of experience I was looking for. Another plus was they did not charge me a travel fee. As nerve racking as it can be to plan a destination wedding, Julia made it very easy with responding promptly to me with whatever questions I had.
    My wedding party consisted of 8 bridesmaids and they also did make-up on my mother and the groom's mother. With having such a large group I knew we would be pressed for time, but they pulled through. Julia had brought 2 other make-up artists with her and they were all very professional and organized. They took their time with each girl and the results were beautiful. As hard as it is to please that many girls, everyone of them loved their make-up, including myself! My pictures came out beautiful! I definitly recommend Matte Make-up Artistry, and promise you will be as happy with their services as I was.

marcia · Married on 09/15/2012

Julia was amazing! From the initial point of contact to the day of the wedding she was professional, prompt, and I was very confident in using her services. My wedding was a destination wedding and not being able to meet everyone in advance makes it even harder. I loved my makeup and so did my mother and niece. Julia made sure everyone was happy. Thanks again Julia!

Lark · Married on 04/28/2012

I had a destination wedding in destin and was unable to meet any of the venders that were working on my wedding. So needless to say I was a little nervous. I had a trial makeup session done the day before the wedding with Julia. She made me feel so comfortable and on top of that I loved my makeup!! It was a great experience and I would highly recommend her!

Rachel · Married on 10/19/2013

Julia with Matte Make-Up Artistry did a phenominal job with my bridal makeup and my bridesmaids' makeup. She is very busy but responded to my emails in a timely manner despite her schedule. Since I live in TN and had my wedding in Destin, FL I was not able to do a trial session for my bridal makeup. I was so nervous! But my makeup (and the bridesmaids' makeup) looked flawless and Julia was so pleasant and personable! Many thanks to her and her assistant for making all 5 of us look picture perfect!

Megan · Married on 10/11/2012

Julia was awesome! She was very professional and had very quick responses to any and ALL of my many questions. She communicated very well. She was courteous and on time the day of my wedding, leaving me with one less thing to worry about! She did an amazing job on the application of the makeup and was very friendly and warm. I really enjoyed working with her and would use her again if I am ever in the area. I got many compliments on my make up & the pictures turned out AMAZING!

Marcia · Married on 10/03/2014

3.5

Very professional, the bride & wedding party looked amazing. The mate makeup is very natural looking.

I was very happy with my makeup and the rate was very reasonable. She was also quick and professional and wasn't affected at all by the pre-wedding craziness

She did a great job I my makeup! I was really happy with it!

4.2
      3.5

Julia and her second artist did a great job on my party's wedding makeup! The airbrush was really beautiful. The only thing I would say is she can work on her responsiveness over email.