Matt McClosky Photography Reviews

Matt McClosky Photography 5
Matt McClosky Photography 6
Matt McClosky Photography 7

Heather · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Matt and Ruth are very talented! Nothing but the best from them!

• Victoria

Victoria Fitzpatrick · Married on 12/08/2018

We had a Fantastic time !

Matt, his wife Ruth, and their son Charlie were FANTASTIC! We had a 20 person wessing party (including us) so you can imagine it was loud and crazy, but they did a fantastic job keeping everyone organized! We added the photo booth to our package was such a great idea, everyone LOVED it! I enjoyed working with the Mccloskys because Matt (and family) were the most genuine, polite and fun photographer(s). I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day. You will not be disappointed if you hire Matt, I promise!

Matthew · Married on 10/07/2018

Great Photographers Highly Recommend

We attempted to do our engagement shoot 2x before the the weather barely cooperated with us on our 3rd try and Matt was so supportive and informative of our decision to postpone the shoot because of his experience shooting in the weather conditions we were faced with the first two times. The 3rd attempt was stormy/rainy day and he watched the weather for us and talked us into trying the shoot and boy was he right we had a small window of time where it was the perfect amount of sun in between rain and a pretty bad thunderstorm shortly after our shoot and our pictures came out amazing.

Matt and Ruth were great to work with and paid a lot of attention to how we wanted our wedding photographed. They worked very well with our videographer and our DJ as well. They captured every moment of our wedding and every detail was photographed appropriately. They were informative on what to expect on our wedding day in terms of timing and how long photos would take.

As for the timing of getting our photos back each session engagement and wedding took approximately 4 weeks. I would highly recommend Matt and Ruth to do your wedding. You won’t regret your decision.

Maureen · Married on 10/06/2018

Matt was the perfect combination of professional, knowledgeable, and fun for our engagement shoot. We love the results and look forward to working with him for our wedding.

Julie · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything we wanted in a photograher

We were married in an unusual location, and we knew we had the right photographer when Matt loved the space as much as we do. Our ceremony took place in an ornate meeting room of a historic school, and Matt and Ruth’s photos capture the beauty of the space and the joy of our day. We were able to enjoy our day, knowing Matt and Ruth had everything under control and the photos they took are amazing! Matt took photos we had not even thought of, and we now have such beautiful pictures to remind us of our ceremony with our families and friends.
    Matt was responsive, helpful, detailed leading up to the wedding day, and on the day he and Ruth were so relaxed and ready. Our guests complimented how Matt moved around the room in a way that made you forget he was there.
    The online gallery Matt created was so easy to share with everyone. Now the difficult part – choosing the ones we love the most!!

Matt McClosky Photography 9
    Matt McClosky Photography 10
    Matt McClosky Photography 11

Paige · Married on 09/14/2018

Matt was amazing! The day we picked for our engagement photos was cloudy and raining. But we had no reason to be worried! The pictures Matt took look like the perfect sunset lighting! We look amazing and you wouldn't believe we were getting rained on the whole time. He was also great to work with! He kept us laughing and we really enjoyed ourselves. My fiance and I are not big on taking pictures because we end up having stale smiles after a couple seconds. But Matt kept us from that fate with well placed jokes and allowed us to just be ourselves.

Our wedding day wouldnt have been what it was without Matt and Ruth! They are really such an amazing team to work with! Calm in the middle of the storm. They really knew how to catch special moments that were not planned. If you want to have an amazing wedding day I would absolutely recommend you choose Matt!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Paige, I had a ton of fun shooting your engagement session.
    You and Kevin made my day!

Can't wait for September 2018!

Cassandra · Married on 08/18/2018

Stress Free - Makes it Happen - Simply Perfect

Matt and Ruth are simply amazing people! From setting up our first meeting to the finishing touches of our photo album, they were extremely responsive and so easy to work with! We had a vision of how we wanted to look back on our day and remember every special moment. Matt and Ruth made that happen for us! We put together a list of the photos we wanted to make sure were not missed and we let them dictate when and where! They captured every moment perfectly!! Hands down the best photographers ever!

Alex · Married on 07/08/2018

We are not quite sure where to even start with how amazing Matt and Ruth McClosky are! We met Matt and Ruth at a bridal expo almost two years ago and knew that we had to have them document our special day. First, they are so friendly and outgoing, and always remembered who we were whenever we ran into them at bridal expos last year! (I went to many, lol) The work that they do is incredible, we were blown away by the photos they had on display at their booth! Last summer we had our engagement session with them and they traveled all the way to us to take our pictures by the Sacandaga Lake! The quality was incredible, and they helped create a relaxing environment. My fiancé and I can sometimes be a little awkward in photos but thanks to them, we looked like naturals!
    Fast forward a year later, on July 7th, 2018 we got married. Matt continued to contact us, answer my many emails in a timely manner, and explain to us how excited they were for our big day! Not only did they come early, they were so prepared and organized, I felt like I didn’t have to worry about a thing!!
    Ruth worked with the boys as our second shooter and they all told me how much fun they had with her. She made them laugh and relax before our ceremony, and all the shots she got were awesome! Matt met us at the salon the afternoon of the wedding and was able to get so many awesome shots of us getting ready. We had some down time, so he went to our venue, The Appel Inn, while some of my girls were getting ready to get some detail shots of our dresses, rings, and accessories and they were all stunning! He then came back to the salon to get some more photos of me finishing up.
    My husband and I felt so relaxed throughout the day thanks to Matt and Ruth. They were as unobtrusive as possible, and we felt like we could enjoy the wedding without being pulled away for photos the whole night. They were able to get all our favorite shots and then some (about 900 photos) and we got them back within three weeks!

Ali · Married on 07/07/2018

Matt and his wife Ruth are amazing to work with! Over the summer, we had our engagement session and love our pictures! We live near the Sacandaga lake. Matt loved the idea of having our session close to home and came an hour out of his way to accommodate the beautiful lake into our pictures. We were drawn to Matt McClosky Photography at a bridal expo. His friendly demeanor and amazing pricing blew us out of the water. Plus he and Ruth were married at our wedding venue, bonus! We are so excited that Matt and Ruth will be documenting our special day, we can’t wait until July! We highly recommend Matt to everyone!

amanda · Married on 07/06/2018

Matt and his wife Ruth are absolutely amazing! The pictures that they take are beyond beautiful. They listen to your ideas and suggestions and take them into full consideration when taking your pictures. They are creative, patient and wonderful people and photographers! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer in the future!

Matt McClosky Photography 12
    Matt McClosky Photography 13
    Matt McClosky Photography 14
    Matt McClosky Photography 15

Kiersten · Married on 06/30/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Matt! He works as a team with his wife, Ruth, and they are the perfect team! He has a technical eye for lighting, setting, and all technical photography things while she has an eye for composition and making sure we look good. They are both very likable, easy-going, and fun to work with. We had such a blast shooting with them and laughed the whole time. We haven't had our wedding yet but I know that all that will change is I will have more great things to say! We got our engagement photos back in a short amount of time. And they are literally perfect. The lighting, setting, composition, clarity... everything is perfect. I could not be more in love with our photos.

Matt McClosky Photography 16
    Matt McClosky Photography 17
    Matt McClosky Photography 18
    Matt McClosky Photography 19
    Matt McClosky Photography 20
    Matt McClosky Photography 21

Kiersten · Married on 06/30/2018

We can't say enough wonderful things about Matt and his wife, Ruth! From the very beginning they were great to work with! Matt always answered our emails and questions very quickly and thoroughly, he was organized, and we felt that we were so prepared going into the wedding that we didn't have any concerns or questions about photos.
    My husband and I said over and over again throughout the day how happy we were that we made the decision to ask them to photograph our wedding day. Matt and Ruth arrived on time and were so much fun while taking the getting ready photos. They were personable, funny, made everyone feel at ease... just absolutely wonderful. Everyone who had a part in the day has told us how much they enjoyed working with Matt and Ruth because of how fun they are to be around but also how good they are at taking photos. They gave great direction about what they were looking for and all of the shots turned out phenomenal. It is awesome because Matt has more of the technical eye for lighting etc while Ruth has an eye for composition so they balance each other out perfectly and really do a phenomenal job. They were open to any pictures that we wanted to have taken too!
    Throughout the ceremony, I didn't even notice they were there! Which was great because I was able to just focus on marrying my best friend. But the pictures they got were absolutely incredible!! And they were organized and quick with getting amazing pictures of family after the ceremony so that we could get back for our cocktail hour and reception! They were so fun at the reception and everyone enjoyed working with them!
    But, being wedding photographers, I suppose one of the most important things is the actual photos. I was blown away by how much I love our photos. He sent us almost 800 photos and I literally love every single one! AND to top it all off, his pricing was the best that I could find! We are sure that everyone will love Matt and Ruth as much as we did!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Matt McClosky Photography 29
    Matt McClosky Photography 30
    Matt McClosky Photography 31

Andrew & Kiersten,
    Thank you for such kind words!
    You and your families were an absolute treat to work with on and leading up to your special day :)

We can't thank you enough for having us by your sides.
    We are thrilled you love your photos and so happy to help preserve those memories for you.

Emma · Married on 06/02/2018

Matt is AMAZING! My fiance and I can be awkward and he helped make us comfortable in front of the camera. Our engagement photos are spectacular and Matt got them back to us so quickly! We took evening photos one day and had our sneak peak the next morning! So excited for him to shoot our wedding!

Arika · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a great experience with Jen and overall with McClosky photography. Very pleased with the willingness to do some goofy things. Particularly liked the candid shots :) the day goes by so fast its nice to have such beautiful reminders of our wonderful day!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Arika, thank you for such a sweet review!
    I am so happy and honored we were able to help document your special day.

Happy days ahead!

Emma · Married on 06/02/2018

Where to start with our praise? Matt and Ruth are both PHENOMENAL! They made my husband and I so comfortable on our wedding day. Matt was very patient and calming whenever I was getting jittery with nerves. Matt took a very unobtrusive role for the entire day. Even when posing us, he allowed us to be genuine and caught some of the most breath-taking shots when we were just being ourselves. Guests praised him for not impacting the ceremony so they were able to enjoy the ceremony as well. Our photos were stunning, so he has been able to find a balance between getting the awesome shots without having a negative influence on the guest experience. Matt was able to learn my husband and my personalities and they are so beautifully captured in the photos. The cherry on top is that we had our entire gallery (almost 1000 pictures!) available about two weeks after the wedding. We have also ordered some prints from him and they are just stunning quality. I recommend everything about Matt and Ruth!

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Matt McClosky Photography 32
    Matt McClosky Photography 33
    Matt McClosky Photography 34
    Matt McClosky Photography 35

Emma and Rob!!
    You guys are the best and so much fun.
    We can't thank you enough for having us. What a beautiful day for a beautiful couple <3 .
    P.S.
    It was awesome to see you both at Jess & Nicks Wedding last weekend too!

Nathan · Married on 05/27/2018

Matt was a lot of fun to work with for our engagement photos. He found the perfect spot for us. My bride to be and I are very happy that we went with Matt. He was easy going fun and really made us enjoy the day.

Janelle · Married on 02/17/2018

Great team to work with, extremely professional and the end results were beautiful

Nina · Married on 01/01/2018

Matt McClosky and his lovely wife were a dream to work with from the very start on our engagement photos. They handled correspondence & scheduling with ease and adaptability. They came prepared, with lots of good ideas and equipment, and put both of us at ease with their humor and professionalism. We had a dark, soggy fall day to work with and they made lemonade --- turned it into a bright, warm, joyful series of vignettes that really brought out the closeness my fiance and I share - something I think is hard to capture with still photography. They did excellent work in the editing process and made sure we were 100% happy as we went along, and at the conclusion of work. To top it all off, their services are an exceptional value. I've already booked them for our wedding!

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

Matt and Ruth are terrific!! Very professional, warm and energetic. They make you feel comfortable with every step of the process. The shots that resulted were so gorgeous and creative. I felt like I could really relive that whirlwind of a day and feel all the things I might have missed.

Matt McClosky Photography 36
    Matt McClosky Photography 37
    Matt McClosky Photography 38
    Matt McClosky Photography 39
    Matt McClosky Photography 40
    Matt McClosky Photography 41
    Matt McClosky Photography 42

Daniel · Married on 09/30/2017

Matt was absolutely fantastic, and got so many excellent photos of our wedding! He was with us all day taking photos starting in the morning with the girls getting ready, right to the end of the reception. The quality of the photos are fantastic, his professionalism was unmatched, and the package deal we got was the best value we could have asked for. I will be using Matt again for sure, and will recommend him to all of our family and friends for professional photo needs.

Amber · Married on 09/23/2017

Matt and Ruth were everything we could ask for and much more! They were very accommodating and very professional. They even remembered that I met my husband in a library and brought books to the wedding for pictures. Simply amazing! I would recommend them to everyone.

Matt McClosky Photography 43
  • S.ME

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2017

When we were reviewing the countless options for vendors, we made it a point to build a team of people that had a passion for their work that made them see your event as more than just a job or a party, but as a truly special and meaningful celebration that they were honored to be a part of. With that, we booked a package for our wedding day that included both Matt and Ruth and we could not be happier. These 2 are a dynamic team that work so well together and just make things happen without any thought or concern on the part of the Bride and Groom. Matt's personality is fantastic. My husband told me afterward that Matt kept the guys laughing and smiling with some jokes as they got ready and he snapped away (just as he did with the girls)! Our wedding day was more than a bit hot and humid. Not the best mix for heavy suits and gowns and outdoor photos, but Matt and Ruth didn't just make it happen, they made it work out very well and captured beautiful moments and photos! They covered all our wish-list photos, and some we never could've even imagined but are so glad they did! Matt and Ruth are no pressure, incredibly quick and responsive to all communications, easy and fun to work with, and will cover all the details from the biggest to the tiniest. If you want a photographer that truly appreciates what an honor it is to be included in your day and cares about it as much as you do, book Matt McClosky Photography, your wedding photos will be a forever reminder of the fantastic choice you made! They certainly are for us and we could not be more grateful!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Sarah & Dean,
    It was an absolute pleasure to document your special day.
    We are thrilled you love what we were able to provide and are honored to have worked with you and had the opportunity to meet your families.
    You two are gems, hope to meet again in the future!

Colleen · Married on 09/16/2017

We asked Matt McClosky Photography to take family photographs that we could use for campaign literature and for personal use. We have three energetic boys which can make family photo sessions challenging. Matt was flexible and creative in capturing the true spirit of our boys and family. We highly recommend his services and will be scheduling another photo session next year!

Matt McClosky Photography 44
    Matt McClosky Photography 49
    Matt McClosky Photography 50
    Matt McClosky Photography 51

danielle · Married on 09/02/2017

I was having trouble finding the right photographer for our wedding so decided to check out the wedding expo in Albany. I met with a lot of photographers but Matt McClosky and his wife Ruth defiantly stood out to me. Not only by their very reasonable prices but by the beautiful pictures they presented. We couldn't be more happier with our decision to work with matt on our special day. From start to finish everything we wanted and needed he made happen. Extremely professional, very passionate with his work and just made the day fun and flow perfectly. The pictures came out amazing and way better than we could of imagined. Cannot thank Matt McClosky enough for such a great overall great experience and beautiful wedding pictures we will have for a lifetime. Thank you for making our day so special