Matt McClosky Photography Reviews

51 Reviews for Matt McClosky Photography

• Anna

Anna · Getting married on 09/17/2021

Engagement Photos

We had a wonderful experience working with Matt and his wife Ruth. Matt was very responsive and easy to schedule with when I first reached out to him. We had our engagement photos done at a local Apple Orchard. Since neither my fiance or I have done a photo shoot, and can be awkward, we really weren't sure what to expect. Matt and Ruth came prepared with ideas but were also willing to listen to any suggestions we may have had. They made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. Matt and Ruth are the perfect combination of professionalism, creativeness, and fun! Our photos came out great and it has been hard to choose which one to use for our Save-the-Date!

We are bummed Matt and Ruth are booked for our actual wedding date because we would've loved to have them there on our special day. We definitely will use them again if we need photos for anything though and highly recommend them to everyone else!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Lindsey Miller · Married on 12/11/2019

Wonderful!

Working with Matt was just perfect. He made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and captured every moment on our wedding day. Matt and his wife Ruth did an amazing job. They were easy to work with, very responsive and helped make our day just perfect. We love our wedding album and cant stop looking at the amazing photos! We cant thank Matt enough and look forward to our pregnancy photo shoot with him in a few months! Love, The Millers

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Megan

Megan Van Epps · Married on 09/15/2019

Glen Sanders Wedding Review

My husband and I cannot thank Matt and Ruth enough for not only taking the most beautiful photos of my wedding but for being everything we could’ve hoped for in a wedding photographer. I first met Matt and Ruth at a wedding expo at the Albany Marriot, my mom told me that I had that day to book a wedding photographer, anyone of my choice. After meeting and speaking with many photographers, I found that Matt and Ruth were the perfect match. Not only because of the gorgeous portfolio they had, but because they were the most personable, relatable, down to earth people. They are nothing but exceptional and I recommend them to anyone in need of a photographer for any occasion. My husband and I definitely see ourselves having Matt and Ruth photograph many more special moments in our lives.

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing!

I 100% recommend Matt and Ruth to capture your special day. We did our engagement shoot last October and we were blown away by their work. Fast forward a year to our wedding and they outdid themselves yet again. I can’t stop looking at our photos it brings me right back to that day and that’s exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Heather · Married on 09/07/2019

Matt and Ruth are very talented! Nothing but the best from them!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Corinne Koniszewski · Married on 08/10/2019

Professional, fun, and incredibly talented!

10/10 recommend! Matt and Ruth were fantastic to work with-- professional, but also so much fun and incredibly flexible/adaptable to the events of the day. They truly have an eye for photography, and we were amazed at the quality of the photos they captured. They went above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Thank you for having us Corinne! We are honored to have been there for you and your families. Thank you for such kind words as well.

Happiest of days ahead for you & Ted!

Steve Sommer · Married on 07/07/2019

Engagement photos

Matt was amazing! He helped me plan and capture my surprise engagement to my girlfriend. He was very professional, kind, and helpful in every way. Photos came out amazing. Highly recommend to anyone!!!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Paul Debiase · Married on 07/03/2019

Simple the Best

Professional, Artistic flair, a pleasure to work with and his work is amazing. Look no further than McClosky Photography. Bonus, is he is sensibly priced.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Paul

Paul DeBiase · Married on 07/01/2019

Professional - with a eye for detail

Being in the local wedding industry for 43 + years I can confidently say that Matt McClosky photography is at the top of my list of photographers to work with. They are professional, sensibly priced and a pleasure to work with. Hence there work is impeccable.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Fitzpatrick · Married on 12/08/2018

We had a Fantastic time !

Matt, his wife Ruth, and their son Charlie were FANTASTIC! We had a 20 person wessing party (including us) so you can imagine it was loud and crazy, but they did a fantastic job keeping everyone organized! We added the photo booth to our package was such a great idea, everyone LOVED it! I enjoyed working with the Mccloskys because Matt (and family) were the most genuine, polite and fun photographer(s). I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day. You will not be disappointed if you hire Matt, I promise!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Bethany · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing Experience!

We had such an amazing experience working with Matt McClosky Photography!

Matt had great communication from the moment we inquired about booking him for our wedding- he met with us in person, provided us with all the information we needed and answered all our emails and our hundreds of questions right away.

He was organized and had everything set up and answered so we had absolutely no worries come the day of.

On our wedding day Matt and Ruth went above and beyond to get the most breathtaking shots. From climbing dark staircases to laying down on the docks... they did everything to get the perfect pictures and angles!

They were so personable and made our time with them comfortable and fun. We were so happy with all our pictures we got back. We would absolutely recommend having them for your special day!

Love, Bethany & Brandon Keating

Sent on 10/30/2018

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Bethany, it was our pleasure 100%!
    You guys are incredible.
    The energy surrounding you and Brandon was nothing short of amazing.
    Thank you for choosing us to be by your side for your special day.

Matthew · Married on 10/07/2018

Great Photographers Highly Recommend

We attempted to do our engagement shoot 2x before the the weather barely cooperated with us on our 3rd try and Matt was so supportive and informative of our decision to postpone the shoot because of his experience shooting in the weather conditions we were faced with the first two times. The 3rd attempt was stormy/rainy day and he watched the weather for us and talked us into trying the shoot and boy was he right we had a small window of time where it was the perfect amount of sun in between rain and a pretty bad thunderstorm shortly after our shoot and our pictures came out amazing.

Matt and Ruth were great to work with and paid a lot of attention to how we wanted our wedding photographed. They worked very well with our videographer and our DJ as well. They captured every moment of our wedding and every detail was photographed appropriately. They were informative on what to expect on our wedding day in terms of timing and how long photos would take.

As for the timing of getting our photos back each session engagement and wedding took approximately 4 weeks. I would highly recommend Matt and Ruth to do your wedding. You won’t regret your decision.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Maureen · Married on 10/06/2018

Matt was the perfect combination of professional, knowledgeable, and fun for our engagement shoot. We love the results and look forward to working with him for our wedding.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Julie · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything we wanted in a photograher

We were married in an unusual location, and we knew we had the right photographer when Matt loved the space as much as we do. Our ceremony took place in an ornate meeting room of a historic school, and Matt and Ruth’s photos capture the beauty of the space and the joy of our day. We were able to enjoy our day, knowing Matt and Ruth had everything under control and the photos they took are amazing! Matt took photos we had not even thought of, and we now have such beautiful pictures to remind us of our ceremony with our families and friends.
    Matt was responsive, helpful, detailed leading up to the wedding day, and on the day he and Ruth were so relaxed and ready. Our guests complimented how Matt moved around the room in a way that made you forget he was there.
    The online gallery Matt created was so easy to share with everyone. Now the difficult part – choosing the ones we love the most!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Paige · Married on 09/14/2018

Matt was amazing! The day we picked for our engagement photos was cloudy and raining. But we had no reason to be worried! The pictures Matt took look like the perfect sunset lighting! We look amazing and you wouldn't believe we were getting rained on the whole time. He was also great to work with! He kept us laughing and we really enjoyed ourselves. My fiance and I are not big on taking pictures because we end up having stale smiles after a couple seconds. But Matt kept us from that fate with well placed jokes and allowed us to just be ourselves.

Our wedding day wouldnt have been what it was without Matt and Ruth! They are really such an amazing team to work with! Calm in the middle of the storm. They really knew how to catch special moments that were not planned. If you want to have an amazing wedding day I would absolutely recommend you choose Matt!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Paige, I had a ton of fun shooting your engagement session.
    You and Kevin made my day!

Can't wait for September 2018!

Cassandra · Married on 08/18/2018

Stress Free - Makes it Happen - Simply Perfect

Matt and Ruth are simply amazing people! From setting up our first meeting to the finishing touches of our photo album, they were extremely responsive and so easy to work with! We had a vision of how we wanted to look back on our day and remember every special moment. Matt and Ruth made that happen for us! We put together a list of the photos we wanted to make sure were not missed and we let them dictate when and where! They captured every moment perfectly!! Hands down the best photographers ever!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Masha Marques · Married on 08/17/2018

We had an amazing experience working with Matt McClosky Photography

We highly recommend Matt McClosky Photography!!! Matt and his wife Ruth came to Newport, RI to capture our wedding and they were just awesome! They are professional, creative, and kind. The lighting and sharpness of the photography prove they are top rated professionals. The wedding album they created for us was amazing. They are a great team and we had such a blast with them at our wedding. Our family and friends are still talking about “those awesome photographers” from our wedding. Matt and Ruth, thank you again so much for capturing our special day!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Megan Docherty · Married on 08/04/2018

Barn Wedding

My husband and I were very pleased with Matt and his wife. They were not a pushy photographer couple they made the picture taking process easy, painless and fun.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Alex · Married on 07/08/2018

We are not quite sure where to even start with how amazing Matt and Ruth McClosky are! We met Matt and Ruth at a bridal expo almost two years ago and knew that we had to have them document our special day. First, they are so friendly and outgoing, and always remembered who we were whenever we ran into them at bridal expos last year! (I went to many, lol) The work that they do is incredible, we were blown away by the photos they had on display at their booth! Last summer we had our engagement session with them and they traveled all the way to us to take our pictures by the Sacandaga Lake! The quality was incredible, and they helped create a relaxing environment. My fiancé and I can sometimes be a little awkward in photos but thanks to them, we looked like naturals!
    Fast forward a year later, on July 7th, 2018 we got married. Matt continued to contact us, answer my many emails in a timely manner, and explain to us how excited they were for our big day! Not only did they come early, they were so prepared and organized, I felt like I didn’t have to worry about a thing!!
    Ruth worked with the boys as our second shooter and they all told me how much fun they had with her. She made them laugh and relax before our ceremony, and all the shots she got were awesome! Matt met us at the salon the afternoon of the wedding and was able to get so many awesome shots of us getting ready. We had some down time, so he went to our venue, The Appel Inn, while some of my girls were getting ready to get some detail shots of our dresses, rings, and accessories and they were all stunning! He then came back to the salon to get some more photos of me finishing up.
    My husband and I felt so relaxed throughout the day thanks to Matt and Ruth. They were as unobtrusive as possible, and we felt like we could enjoy the wedding without being pulled away for photos the whole night. They were able to get all our favorite shots and then some (about 900 photos) and we got them back within three weeks!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Ali · Married on 07/07/2018

Matt and his wife Ruth are amazing to work with! Over the summer, we had our engagement session and love our pictures! We live near the Sacandaga lake. Matt loved the idea of having our session close to home and came an hour out of his way to accommodate the beautiful lake into our pictures. We were drawn to Matt McClosky Photography at a bridal expo. His friendly demeanor and amazing pricing blew us out of the water. Plus he and Ruth were married at our wedding venue, bonus! We are so excited that Matt and Ruth will be documenting our special day, we can’t wait until July! We highly recommend Matt to everyone!

Sent on 10/16/2017

amanda · Married on 07/06/2018

Matt and his wife Ruth are absolutely amazing! The pictures that they take are beyond beautiful. They listen to your ideas and suggestions and take them into full consideration when taking your pictures. They are creative, patient and wonderful people and photographers! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer in the future!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Kiersten · Married on 06/30/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Matt! He works as a team with his wife, Ruth, and they are the perfect team! He has a technical eye for lighting, setting, and all technical photography things while she has an eye for composition and making sure we look good. They are both very likable, easy-going, and fun to work with. We had such a blast shooting with them and laughed the whole time. We haven't had our wedding yet but I know that all that will change is I will have more great things to say! We got our engagement photos back in a short amount of time. And they are literally perfect. The lighting, setting, composition, clarity... everything is perfect. I could not be more in love with our photos.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Kiersten · Married on 06/30/2018

We can't say enough wonderful things about Matt and his wife, Ruth! From the very beginning they were great to work with! Matt always answered our emails and questions very quickly and thoroughly, he was organized, and we felt that we were so prepared going into the wedding that we didn't have any concerns or questions about photos.
    My husband and I said over and over again throughout the day how happy we were that we made the decision to ask them to photograph our wedding day. Matt and Ruth arrived on time and were so much fun while taking the getting ready photos. They were personable, funny, made everyone feel at ease... just absolutely wonderful. Everyone who had a part in the day has told us how much they enjoyed working with Matt and Ruth because of how fun they are to be around but also how good they are at taking photos. They gave great direction about what they were looking for and all of the shots turned out phenomenal. It is awesome because Matt has more of the technical eye for lighting etc while Ruth has an eye for composition so they balance each other out perfectly and really do a phenomenal job. They were open to any pictures that we wanted to have taken too!
    Throughout the ceremony, I didn't even notice they were there! Which was great because I was able to just focus on marrying my best friend. But the pictures they got were absolutely incredible!! And they were organized and quick with getting amazing pictures of family after the ceremony so that we could get back for our cocktail hour and reception! They were so fun at the reception and everyone enjoyed working with them!
    But, being wedding photographers, I suppose one of the most important things is the actual photos. I was blown away by how much I love our photos. He sent us almost 800 photos and I literally love every single one! AND to top it all off, his pricing was the best that I could find! We are sure that everyone will love Matt and Ruth as much as we did!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Andrew & Kiersten,
    Thank you for such kind words!
    You and your families were an absolute treat to work with on and leading up to your special day :)

We can't thank you enough for having us by your sides.
    We are thrilled you love your photos and so happy to help preserve those memories for you.

Emma · Married on 06/02/2018

Matt is AMAZING! My fiance and I can be awkward and he helped make us comfortable in front of the camera. Our engagement photos are spectacular and Matt got them back to us so quickly! We took evening photos one day and had our sneak peak the next morning! So excited for him to shoot our wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Arika · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a great experience with Jen and overall with McClosky photography. Very pleased with the willingness to do some goofy things. Particularly liked the candid shots :) the day goes by so fast its nice to have such beautiful reminders of our wonderful day!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Arika, thank you for such a sweet review!
    I am so happy and honored we were able to help document your special day.

Happy days ahead!