Matt McClosky Photography Reviews

36 | Schenectady, NY

36 Reviews for Matt McClosky Photography

36 Matt McClosky Photography Reviews

Heather · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Matt and Ruth are very talented! Nothing but the best from them!

Maureen · Married on 10/06/2018

Matt was the perfect combination of professional, knowledgeable, and fun for our engagement shoot. We love the results and look forward to working with him for our wedding.

Paige · Married on 09/14/2018

Matt was amazing! The day we picked for our engagement photos was cloudy and raining. But we had no reason to be worried! The pictures Matt took look like the perfect sunset lighting! We look amazing and you wouldn't believe we were getting rained on the whole time. He was also great to work with! He kept us laughing and we really enjoyed ourselves. My fiance and I are not big on taking pictures because we end up having stale smiles after a couple seconds. But Matt kept us from that fate with well placed jokes and allowed us to just be ourselves.

Our wedding day wouldnt have been what it was without Matt and Ruth! They are really such an amazing team to work with! Calm in the middle of the storm. They really knew how to catch special moments that were not planned. If you want to have an amazing wedding day I would absolutely recommend you choose Matt!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Paige, I had a ton of fun shooting your engagement session. You and Kevin made my day! Can't wait for September 2018!

Alex · Married on 07/08/2018

We are not quite sure where to even start with how amazing Matt and Ruth McClosky are! We met Matt and Ruth at a bridal expo almost two years ago and knew that we had to have them document our special day. First, they are so friendly and outgoing, and always remembered who we were whenever we ran into them at bridal expos last year! (I went to many, lol) The work that they do is incredible, we were blown away by the photos they had on display at their booth! Last summer we had our engagement session with them and they traveled all the way to us to take our pictures by the Sacandaga Lake! The quality was incredible, and they helped create a relaxing environment. My fiancé and I can sometimes be a little awkward in photos but thanks to them, we looked like naturals!
    Fast forward a year later, on July 7th, 2018 we got married. Matt continued to contact us, answer my many emails in a timely manner, and explain to us how excited they were for our big day! Not only did they come early, they were so prepared and organized, I felt like I didn’t have to worry about a thing!!
    Ruth worked with the boys as our second shooter and they all told me how much fun they had with her. She made them laugh and relax before our ceremony, and all the shots she got were awesome! Matt met us at the salon the afternoon of the wedding and was able to get so many awesome shots of us getting ready. We had some down time, so he went to our venue, The Appel Inn, while some of my girls were getting ready to get some detail shots of our dresses, rings, and accessories and they were all stunning! He then came back to the salon to get some more photos of me finishing up.
    My husband and I felt so relaxed throughout the day thanks to Matt and Ruth. They were as unobtrusive as possible, and we felt like we could enjoy the wedding without being pulled away for photos the whole night. They were able to get all our favorite shots and then some (about 900 photos) and we got them back within three weeks!

Ali · Married on 07/07/2018

Matt and his wife Ruth are amazing to work with! Over the summer, we had our engagement session and love our pictures! We live near the Sacandaga lake. Matt loved the idea of having our session close to home and came an hour out of his way to accommodate the beautiful lake into our pictures. We were drawn to Matt McClosky Photography at a bridal expo. His friendly demeanor and amazing pricing blew us out of the water. Plus he and Ruth were married at our wedding venue, bonus! We are so excited that Matt and Ruth will be documenting our special day, we can’t wait until July! We highly recommend Matt to everyone!

amanda · Married on 07/06/2018

Matt and his wife Ruth are absolutely amazing! The pictures that they take are beyond beautiful. They listen to your ideas and suggestions and take them into full consideration when taking your pictures. They are creative, patient and wonderful people and photographers! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer in the future!

Matt McClosky Photography 5
    Matt McClosky Photography 6
    Matt McClosky Photography 7
    Matt McClosky Photography 8

Kiersten · Married on 06/30/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Matt! He works as a team with his wife, Ruth, and they are the perfect team! He has a technical eye for lighting, setting, and all technical photography things while she has an eye for composition and making sure we look good. They are both very likable, easy-going, and fun to work with. We had such a blast shooting with them and laughed the whole time. We haven't had our wedding yet but I know that all that will change is I will have more great things to say! We got our engagement photos back in a short amount of time. And they are literally perfect. The lighting, setting, composition, clarity... everything is perfect. I could not be more in love with our photos.

Matt McClosky Photography 9
    Matt McClosky Photography 10
    Matt McClosky Photography 11
    Matt McClosky Photography 12
    Matt McClosky Photography 13
    Matt McClosky Photography 14

Kiersten · Married on 06/30/2018

We can't say enough wonderful things about Matt and his wife, Ruth! From the very beginning they were great to work with! Matt always answered our emails and questions very quickly and thoroughly, he was organized, and we felt that we were so prepared going into the wedding that we didn't have any concerns or questions about photos.
    My husband and I said over and over again throughout the day how happy we were that we made the decision to ask them to photograph our wedding day. Matt and Ruth arrived on time and were so much fun while taking the getting ready photos. They were personable, funny, made everyone feel at ease... just absolutely wonderful. Everyone who had a part in the day has told us how much they enjoyed working with Matt and Ruth because of how fun they are to be around but also how good they are at taking photos. They gave great direction about what they were looking for and all of the shots turned out phenomenal. It is awesome because Matt has more of the technical eye for lighting etc while Ruth has an eye for composition so they balance each other out perfectly and really do a phenomenal job. They were open to any pictures that we wanted to have taken too!
    Throughout the ceremony, I didn't even notice they were there! Which was great because I was able to just focus on marrying my best friend. But the pictures they got were absolutely incredible!! And they were organized and quick with getting amazing pictures of family after the ceremony so that we could get back for our cocktail hour and reception! They were so fun at the reception and everyone enjoyed working with them!
    But, being wedding photographers, I suppose one of the most important things is the actual photos. I was blown away by how much I love our photos. He sent us almost 800 photos and I literally love every single one! AND to top it all off, his pricing was the best that I could find! We are sure that everyone will love Matt and Ruth as much as we did!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Matt McClosky Photography 22
    Matt McClosky Photography 23
    Matt McClosky Photography 24

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Andrew & Kiersten, Thank you for such kind words! You and your families were an absolute treat to work with on and leading up to your special day :) We can't thank you enough for having us by your sides. We are thrilled you love your photos and so happy to help preserve those memories for you.

Emma · Married on 06/02/2018

Matt is AMAZING! My fiance and I can be awkward and he helped make us comfortable in front of the camera. Our engagement photos are spectacular and Matt got them back to us so quickly! We took evening photos one day and had our sneak peak the next morning! So excited for him to shoot our wedding!

Arika · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a great experience with Jen and overall with McClosky photography. Very pleased with the willingness to do some goofy things. Particularly liked the candid shots :) the day goes by so fast its nice to have such beautiful reminders of our wonderful day!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Arika, thank you for such a sweet review! I am so happy and honored we were able to help document your special day. Happy days ahead!

Nathan · Married on 05/27/2018

Matt was a lot of fun to work with for our engagement photos. He found the perfect spot for us. My bride to be and I are very happy that we went with Matt. He was easy going fun and really made us enjoy the day.

Janelle · Married on 02/17/2018

Great team to work with, extremely professional and the end results were beautiful

Nina · Married on 01/01/2018

Matt McClosky and his lovely wife were a dream to work with from the very start on our engagement photos. They handled correspondence & scheduling with ease and adaptability. They came prepared, with lots of good ideas and equipment, and put both of us at ease with their humor and professionalism. We had a dark, soggy fall day to work with and they made lemonade --- turned it into a bright, warm, joyful series of vignettes that really brought out the closeness my fiance and I share - something I think is hard to capture with still photography. They did excellent work in the editing process and made sure we were 100% happy as we went along, and at the conclusion of work. To top it all off, their services are an exceptional value. I've already booked them for our wedding!

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

Matt and Ruth are terrific!! Very professional, warm and energetic. They make you feel comfortable with every step of the process. The shots that resulted were so gorgeous and creative. I felt like I could really relive that whirlwind of a day and feel all the things I might have missed.

Matt McClosky Photography 25
    Matt McClosky Photography 26
    Matt McClosky Photography 27
    Matt McClosky Photography 28
    Matt McClosky Photography 29
    Matt McClosky Photography 30
    Matt McClosky Photography 31

Daniel · Married on 09/30/2017

Matt was absolutely fantastic, and got so many excellent photos of our wedding! He was with us all day taking photos starting in the morning with the girls getting ready, right to the end of the reception. The quality of the photos are fantastic, his professionalism was unmatched, and the package deal we got was the best value we could have asked for. I will be using Matt again for sure, and will recommend him to all of our family and friends for professional photo needs.

Amber · Married on 09/23/2017

Matt and Ruth were everything we could ask for and much more! They were very accommodating and very professional. They even remembered that I met my husband in a library and brought books to the wedding for pictures. Simply amazing! I would recommend them to everyone.

Matt McClosky Photography 32
  • S.ME

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2017

When we were reviewing the countless options for vendors, we made it a point to build a team of people that had a passion for their work that made them see your event as more than just a job or a party, but as a truly special and meaningful celebration that they were honored to be a part of. With that, we booked a package for our wedding day that included both Matt and Ruth and we could not be happier. These 2 are a dynamic team that work so well together and just make things happen without any thought or concern on the part of the Bride and Groom. Matt's personality is fantastic. My husband told me afterward that Matt kept the guys laughing and smiling with some jokes as they got ready and he snapped away (just as he did with the girls)! Our wedding day was more than a bit hot and humid. Not the best mix for heavy suits and gowns and outdoor photos, but Matt and Ruth didn't just make it happen, they made it work out very well and captured beautiful moments and photos! They covered all our wish-list photos, and some we never could've even imagined but are so glad they did! Matt and Ruth are no pressure, incredibly quick and responsive to all communications, easy and fun to work with, and will cover all the details from the biggest to the tiniest. If you want a photographer that truly appreciates what an honor it is to be included in your day and cares about it as much as you do, book Matt McClosky Photography, your wedding photos will be a forever reminder of the fantastic choice you made! They certainly are for us and we could not be more grateful!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Sarah & Dean, It was an absolute pleasure to document your special day. We are thrilled you love what we were able to provide and are honored to have worked with you and had the opportunity to meet your families. You two are gems, hope to meet again in the future!

Colleen · Married on 09/16/2017

We asked Matt McClosky Photography to take family photographs that we could use for campaign literature and for personal use. We have three energetic boys which can make family photo sessions challenging. Matt was flexible and creative in capturing the true spirit of our boys and family. We highly recommend his services and will be scheduling another photo session next year!

Matt McClosky Photography 33
    Matt McClosky Photography 38
    Matt McClosky Photography 39
    Matt McClosky Photography 40

danielle · Married on 09/02/2017

I was having trouble finding the right photographer for our wedding so decided to check out the wedding expo in Albany. I met with a lot of photographers but Matt McClosky and his wife Ruth defiantly stood out to me. Not only by their very reasonable prices but by the beautiful pictures they presented. We couldn't be more happier with our decision to work with matt on our special day. From start to finish everything we wanted and needed he made happen. Extremely professional, very passionate with his work and just made the day fun and flow perfectly. The pictures came out amazing and way better than we could of imagined. Cannot thank Matt McClosky enough for such a great overall great experience and beautiful wedding pictures we will have for a lifetime. Thank you for making our day so special

Doug · Married on 08/29/2017

We hired Matt McClosky to take pictures of our town officials. With little advanced notice to him he was able to accommodate us in the early evening hours. He was very professional, easy to work with and a true perfectionist ensuring that the pictures came out the way we wanted them too. Because we were under a deadline Matt was able to get all of our pictures back to us faster than what we expected. The town board and judges were very complimentary about Matt's work after he left. Based on our experience I would highly recommend McClosky Photography to anyone wanting it done right with true professional!

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2017

We got married 7/1/17 and Matt and Ruth were amazing, very professional and helpful. Would recommend them!!

Anthony · Married on 06/17/2017

Matt was highly accomidating, providing me with excellent service before and after the photo's were taken. I would reccomeend Matt to friends and family without hesistation... You will not be disappointed!!

B · Married on 04/29/2017

Matt was very professional and was a pleasure to work with. He gave us guidance when we asked and as a result we were very pleased with the results. He was very prompt with the finished pictures after the wedding. He is the photographer I would recommend to anyone. Thanks Matt for a job well done...we love your work!!

Nicky · Married on 10/15/2016

Matt recently did a shoot for us and he was amazing. Very professional, flexible and also creative! We could not be happier with how our photos turned out.