Matt McClosky Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Emily
    Emily G. Getting married on 06/10/2023

Amazing, we made the right decision hiring them for our engagement shoot/wedding!

Matt and Ruth are such a great team. I highly recommend! Very easy to communicate with and work out details for the event. They made our engagement shoot so fun and helped us to feel comfortable and like ourselves the whole time. The pictures came out beautifully and I can’t wait to have them do our wedding as well!
  • Ashley
    Ashley M. Getting married on 10/15/2022

Matt and Ruth are the best photography duo!

We had such a great time working with Matt McClosky Photography for our engagement photos. As soon as we hopped on the phone with Matt, we knew he was our guy. He made the scheduling process so seamless, which is truly a godsend amidst wedding planning. Matt and Ruth are an incredible team when it comes to capturing photos that we'll cherish forever. This was our first time getting professional photos together, and they made us feel so comfortable. It was actually quite fun. In the end, the photos were beyond our expectations (and we knew they would be good). We're so excited to work with them again next year for our wedding day!
  • Bridget
    Bridget Getting married on 09/09/2022

Great Engagement Photo Session!

Had a great time in our engagement photo session and the photos came out looking fantastic!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie R. Married on 04/23/2022

Beautiful Memories

Matt was absolutely wonderful to work with, he truly captured the happiness of our wedding and made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and did a excellent job of making us laugh to get natural smiles. Leading up to the wedding, he was easily available to discuss the timeline of the day and help with any questions. He captured so many great moments of our day that I am so happy to have. We loved that his package included Thank you notes and an album. Matt was also incredibly flexible and was able to stay for a additional hour making it so we got some great shots of everyone dancing! We were so happy to have the photo gallery ready a month after our wedding, being able to relive the day so quickly was amazing. We loved having Matt as our Photographer and will be recommending to all family and friends!
    Maria F. Married on 11/20/2021

Excellent and Professional

Matt and Ruth were amazing to work with! They were accommodating, flexible and attentive to detail. Our photographs came out beautiful!
  • Brian
    Brian L. Married on 11/06/2021

Simply The Best!

Matt and Ruth McClosky are simply the best! McClosky Photography where the premier photographers for mine and my wife's wedding a few weeks ago. Aside from being extremely talented, both are spectacular people and so much fun. They were our go-to photographers for our wedding engagement and then again, for our special day. We CANNOT wait to see our final photos; but if they are anything like our engagement photos, we have no doubt we will be blown away by them!

Matt and Ruth, thank you both from the bottom of our hearts for being part of our special day!
    Caitlin S. Married on 09/19/2021

The best photographers around

Matt and Ruth were simply amazing! They reached out to us and met with us to make sure they knew exactly what we wanted. They were always moving capturing even the little things that no one would expect and we received over 700 photos. Not only did they work with us but our families as well and so many of our guests were even impressed. I’ve been in a lot of weddings and if you want the best look no further Matt and Ruth won’t disappoint you! Their personalities and professionalism made our day! Will be and have been recommending them and will most definitely use them in the future!
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 09/17/2021

Engagement Photos

We had a wonderful experience working with Matt and his wife Ruth. Matt was very responsive and easy to schedule with when I first reached out to him. We had our engagement photos done at a local Apple Orchard. Since neither my fiance or I have done a photo shoot, and can be awkward, we really weren't sure what to expect. Matt and Ruth came prepared with ideas but were also willing to listen to any suggestions we may have had. They made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. Matt and Ruth are the perfect combination of professionalism, creativeness, and fun! Our photos came out great and it has been hard to choose which one to use for our Save-the-Date!

We are bummed Matt and Ruth are booked for our actual wedding date because we would've loved to have them there on our special day. We definitely will use them again if we need photos for anything though and highly recommend them to everyone else!
  • Lynchwedding
    Lynchwedding 2. Married on 08/28/2021

Flawless team from start to finish!

Matt & Ruth are incredible.
    We had a total of 4 photo sessions with them before we were "officially married" factoring in the year of covid uncertainty.
    They met us twice for engagement sessions and gave great recommendations for engagement locations based the common interests of me and my fiance'.
    They photographed our small 'boutique wedding' during the lockdown and our big celebration this year with all of our family and friends.
    I can't imagine anyone else having shot our wedding. They were super friendly, easy going and I feel like they were the most wholesome and honest part of the entire experience.
    Matt gave great vendor recommendations too.
    Ruth and Matt will make you feel like family and deliver photos that stir up some serious emotion.

They are without a doubt the husband & wife dream team.
    Nick M. Married on 07/09/2021

Definitely Recommended!

Matt and his wife, Ruth, did our Engagement photos and also our small, Covid wedding. They were great! They were both pleasant and very easy to work with. You can tell how much they enjoy what they do and that helps make the entire process fun and engaging. I would absolutely recommend them to any couple looking for a photographer.
  • Kendra
    Kendra Married on 07/03/2021

Matt and Ruth are A+++

We totally hit the jackpot scoring Matt and Ruth as our photographers for all things wedding. We started with an in person get to know you meeting to discuss his shooting style, what we should expect and the type of investment we would make, after that meeting, we knew we needed to have Matt as our photographer. We had an amazing engagement photoshoot (part 1) in August 2019 in Downtown Saratoga in front of all these cool spots all up and down Broadway. We totally loved this experience and pictures and although felt awkward at first, started getting comfortable with the idea of being the main event and taking super cool photos out and about in public. Ethan and I met on our college track team and we had this idea that we really wanted some photos of us running together. Matt took this idea and ran with it (haha) and met us at the local high school track for engagement photos part 2. These photos are also great and make me smile every time I see them! Next, we hosted a very small (25- guest) wedding ceremony at The Appel Inn in July 2020 (our original wedding date) and we soooo relieved that Matt and Ruth were able to be there and capture the memories of Ethan and I getting married for real. These photos are absolutely stunning! We love looking back at these ceremony photos and our posed photos from after the ceremony and see everyone who was there for our special day (part 1 again). Finally after almost 3 full years of having Matt and Ruth hired as our photographers, we got to have them for our full wedding day, starting from getting ready all the way to our sparkler exit! We recently got the photos back and I cannot emphasize enough how perfect they are at showing the entire day as it happened. We sat on our couch with some wine, played the 700+ photo slide show and got to relive our entire wedding day with these photos. Matt and Ruth are such a fun team to work with, they love to mess around, will take any of your ideas and make them work and they like to make sure they do some fun and different poses instead of the basic stuff you typically see. I would be so happy if we could hire them again and again because they are so so worth it!
  • Lauren
    Lauren M. Married on 06/05/2021

Absolutely Phenomenal!

Matt and Ruth are truly amazing. They did my (now) husband and I's engagement and wedding pictures, and I can honestly say the whole experience with them was perfect. They make the atmosphere fun, comfortable, and relaxed - and the pictures are simply phenomenal. They were also super flexible and were able to accommodate us when we had to change our original plans due to COVID. I can't say enough good things about them and I would HIGHLY recommend them for any event!!
  • Robert
    Robert L. Married on 05/10/2021

Absolute Blast!

Matt McClosky Photography brought everything we could have ever wanted and more to our wedding day and wedding photos. Fun and professional is just the beginning. Your wedding day can be a lot to take in and Matt was there from start to finish capturing every moment while gently keeping us on schedule and making smiling easy.
  • O
    Olin M. Married on 09/04/2020

Absolutely amazing.

Matt and his wife were exactly what my now wife and I were looking for in our photographer. We don’t really enjoy posing for pictures but Matt made it seamless. Matt was able to capture the important moments for us and deliver breath taking photos that we have already looked at time and time again. I would highly recommend McClosky Photography to anyone who needs a photographer.
    Lindsey M. Married on 12/11/2019

Wonderful!

Working with Matt was just perfect. He made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and captured every moment on our wedding day. Matt and his wife Ruth did an amazing job. They were easy to work with, very responsive and helped make our day just perfect. We love our wedding album and cant stop looking at the amazing photos! We cant thank Matt enough and look forward to our pregnancy photo shoot with him in a few months! Love, The Millers
  • Megan
    Megan V. Married on 09/15/2019

Glen Sanders Wedding Review

My husband and I cannot thank Matt and Ruth enough for not only taking the most beautiful photos of my wedding but for being everything we could’ve hoped for in a wedding photographer. I first met Matt and Ruth at a wedding expo at the Albany Marriot, my mom told me that I had that day to book a wedding photographer, anyone of my choice. After meeting and speaking with many photographers, I found that Matt and Ruth were the perfect match. Not only because of the gorgeous portfolio they had, but because they were the most personable, relatable, down to earth people. They are nothing but exceptional and I recommend them to anyone in need of a photographer for any occasion. My husband and I definitely see ourselves having Matt and Ruth photograph many more special moments in our lives.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing!

I 100% recommend Matt and Ruth to capture your special day. We did our engagement shoot last October and we were blown away by their work. Fast forward a year to our wedding and they outdid themselves yet again. I can’t stop looking at our photos it brings me right back to that day and that’s exactly what I wanted.
    Heather Married on 09/07/2019
    Matt and Ruth are very talented! Nothing but the best from them!
    Corinne K. Married on 08/10/2019

Professional, fun, and incredibly talented!

10/10 recommend! Matt and Ruth were fantastic to work with-- professional, but also so much fun and incredibly flexible/adaptable to the events of the day. They truly have an eye for photography, and we were amazed at the quality of the photos they captured. They went above and beyond our expectations!

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Thank you for having us Corinne! We are honored to have been there for you and your families. Thank you for such kind words as well.

Happiest of days ahead for you & Ted!
    Steve S. Married on 07/07/2019

Engagement photos

Matt was amazing! He helped me plan and capture my surprise engagement to my girlfriend. He was very professional, kind, and helpful in every way. Photos came out amazing. Highly recommend to anyone!!!
    Paul D. Married on 07/03/2019

Simple the Best

Professional, Artistic flair, a pleasure to work with and his work is amazing. Look no further than McClosky Photography. Bonus, is he is sensibly priced.
  • Paul
    Paul D. Married on 07/01/2019

Professional - with a eye for detail

Being in the local wedding industry for 43 + years I can confidently say that Matt McClosky photography is at the top of my list of photographers to work with. They are professional, sensibly priced and a pleasure to work with. Hence there work is impeccable.
  • Victoria
    Victoria F. Married on 12/08/2018

We had a Fantastic time !

Matt, his wife Ruth, and their son Charlie were FANTASTIC! We had a 20 person wessing party (including us) so you can imagine it was loud and crazy, but they did a fantastic job keeping everyone organized! We added the photo booth to our package was such a great idea, everyone LOVED it! I enjoyed working with the Mccloskys because Matt (and family) were the most genuine, polite and fun photographer(s). I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day. You will not be disappointed if you hire Matt, I promise!
    Bethany Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing Experience!

We had such an amazing experience working with Matt McClosky Photography!

Matt had great communication from the moment we inquired about booking him for our wedding- he met with us in person, provided us with all the information we needed and answered all our emails and our hundreds of questions right away.

He was organized and had everything set up and answered so we had absolutely no worries come the day of.

On our wedding day Matt and Ruth went above and beyond to get the most breathtaking shots. From climbing dark staircases to laying down on the docks... they did everything to get the perfect pictures and angles!

They were so personable and made our time with them comfortable and fun. We were so happy with all our pictures we got back. We would absolutely recommend having them for your special day!

Love, Bethany & Brandon Keating

Matt McClosky Photography's reply:

Bethany, it was our pleasure 100%!
    You guys are incredible.
    The energy surrounding you and Brandon was nothing short of amazing.
    Thank you for choosing us to be by your side for your special day.
    Matthew Married on 10/07/2018

Great Photographers Highly Recommend

We attempted to do our engagement shoot 2x before the the weather barely cooperated with us on our 3rd try and Matt was so supportive and informative of our decision to postpone the shoot because of his experience shooting in the weather conditions we were faced with the first two times. The 3rd attempt was stormy/rainy day and he watched the weather for us and talked us into trying the shoot and boy was he right we had a small window of time where it was the perfect amount of sun in between rain and a pretty bad thunderstorm shortly after our shoot and our pictures came out amazing.

Matt and Ruth were great to work with and paid a lot of attention to how we wanted our wedding photographed. They worked very well with our videographer and our DJ as well. They captured every moment of our wedding and every detail was photographed appropriately. They were informative on what to expect on our wedding day in terms of timing and how long photos would take.

As for the timing of getting our photos back each session engagement and wedding took approximately 4 weeks. I would highly recommend Matt and Ruth to do your wedding. You won’t regret your decision.