34 Reviews for Matt McClosky Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Toning (1)
Proofs (1)
34 Matt McClosky Photography Reviews

Matt and Ruth are very talented! Nothing but the best from them!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/7/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was the perfect combination of professional, knowledgeable, and fun for our engagement shoot. We love the results and look forward to working with him for our wedding.

Profile Picture Maureen, 10/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was amazing! The day we picked for our engagement photos was cloudy and raining. But we had no reason to be worried! The pictures Matt took look like the perfect sunset lighting! We look amazing and you wouldn't believe we were getting rained on the whole time. He was also great to work with! He kept us laughing and we really enjoyed ourselves. My fiance and I are not big on taking pictures because we end up having stale smiles after a couple seconds. But Matt kept us from that fate with well placed jokes and allowed us to just be ourselves.

Profile Picture Paige, 9/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt and his wife Ruth are amazing to work with! Over the summer, we had our engagement session and love our pictures! We live near the Sacandaga lake. Matt loved the idea of having our session close to home and came an hour out of his way to accommodate the beautiful lake into our pictures. We were drawn to Matt McClosky Photography at a bridal expo. His friendly demeanor and amazing pricing blew us out of the water. Plus he and Ruth were married at our wedding venue, bonus! We are so excited that Matt and Ruth will be documenting our special day, we can’t wait until July! We highly recommend Matt to everyone!

Profile Picture Ali, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

Matt and his wife Ruth are absolutely amazing! The pictures that they take are beyond beautiful. They listen to your ideas and suggestions and take them into full consideration when taking your pictures. They are creative, patient and wonderful people and photographers! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer in the future!

Profile Picture amanda, 7/6/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

I cannot say enough great things about Matt! He works as a team with his wife, Ruth, and they are the perfect team! He has a technical eye for lighting, setting, and all technical photography things while she has an eye for composition and making sure we look good. They are both very likable, easy-going, and fun to work with. We had such a blast shooting with them and laughed the whole time. We haven't had our wedding yet but I know that all that will change is I will have more great things to say! We got our engagement photos back in a short amount of time. And they are literally perfect. The lighting, setting, composition, clarity... everything is perfect. I could not be more in love with our photos.

Profile Picture Kiersten, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt is AMAZING! My fiance and I can be awkward and he helped make us comfortable in front of the camera. Our engagement photos are spectacular and Matt got them back to us so quickly! We took evening photos one day and had our sneak peak the next morning! So excited for him to shoot our wedding!

Profile Picture Emma, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

We had a great experience with Jen and overall with McClosky photography. Very pleased with the willingness to do some goofy things. Particularly liked the candid shots :) the day goes by so fast its nice to have such beautiful reminders of our wonderful day!

Profile Picture Arika, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was a lot of fun to work with for our engagement photos. He found the perfect spot for us. My bride to be and I are very happy that we went with Matt. He was easy going fun and really made us enjoy the day.

Profile Picture Nathan, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great team to work with, extremely professional and the end results were beautiful

Profile Picture Janelle, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt McClosky and his lovely wife were a dream to work with from the very start on our engagement photos. They handled correspondence & scheduling with ease and adaptability. They came prepared, with lots of good ideas and equipment, and put both of us at ease with their humor and professionalism. We had a dark, soggy fall day to work with and they made lemonade --- turned it into a bright, warm, joyful series of vignettes that really brought out the closeness my fiance and I share - something I think is hard to capture with still photography. They did excellent work in the editing process and made sure we were 100% happy as we went along, and at the conclusion of work. To top it all off, their services are an exceptional value. I've already booked them for our wedding!

Profile Picture Nina, 1/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Matt and Ruth are terrific!! Very professional, warm and energetic. They make you feel comfortable with every step of the process. The shots that resulted were so gorgeous and creative. I felt like I could really relive that whirlwind of a day and feel all the things I might have missed.

Photo
Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

Matt was absolutely fantastic, and got so many excellent photos of our wedding! He was with us all day taking photos starting in the morning with the girls getting ready, right to the end of the reception. The quality of the photos are fantastic, his professionalism was unmatched, and the package deal we got was the best value we could have asked for. I will be using Matt again for sure, and will recommend him to all of our family and friends for professional photo needs.

Profile Picture Daniel, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Matt and Ruth were everything we could ask for and much more! They were very accommodating and very professional. They even remembered that I met my husband in a library and brought books to the wedding for pictures. Simply amazing! I would recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture Amber, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Thank You Cards

When we were reviewing the countless options for vendors, we made it a point to build a team of people that had a passion for their work that made them see your event as more than just a job or a party, but as a truly special and meaningful celebration that they were honored to be a part of. With that, we booked a package for our wedding day that included both Matt and Ruth and we could not be happier. These 2 are a dynamic team that work so well together and just make things happen without any thought or concern on the part of the Bride and Groom. Matt's personality is fantastic. My husband told me afterward that Matt kept the guys laughing and smiling with some jokes as they got ready and he snapped away (just as he did with the girls)! Our wedding day was more than a bit hot and humid. Not the best mix for heavy suits and gowns and outdoor photos, but Matt and Ruth didn't just make it happen, they made it work out very well and captured beautiful moments and photos! They covered all our wish-list photos, and some we never could've even imagined but are so glad they did! Matt and Ruth are no pressure, incredibly quick and responsive to all communications, easy and fun to work with, and will cover all the details from the biggest to the tiniest. If you want a photographer that truly appreciates what an honor it is to be included in your day and cares about it as much as you do, book Matt McClosky Photography, your wedding photos will be a forever reminder of the fantastic choice you made! They certainly are for us and we could not be more grateful!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Thank You Cards, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Toning, Wedding Portraits

We asked Matt McClosky Photography to take family photographs that we could use for campaign literature and for personal use. We have three energetic boys which can make family photo sessions challenging. Matt was flexible and creative in capturing the true spirit of our boys and family. We highly recommend his services and will be scheduling another photo session next year!

Photos
Profile Picture Colleen, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was having trouble finding the right photographer for our wedding so decided to check out the wedding expo in Albany. I met with a lot of photographers but Matt McClosky and his wife Ruth defiantly stood out to me. Not only by their very reasonable prices but by the beautiful pictures they presented. We couldn't be more happier with our decision to work with matt on our special day. From start to finish everything we wanted and needed he made happen. Extremely professional, very passionate with his work and just made the day fun and flow perfectly. The pictures came out amazing and way better than we could of imagined. Cannot thank Matt McClosky enough for such a great overall great experience and beautiful wedding pictures we will have for a lifetime. Thank you for making our day so special

Profile Picture danielle, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Matt McClosky to take pictures of our town officials. With little advanced notice to him he was able to accommodate us in the early evening hours. He was very professional, easy to work with and a true perfectionist ensuring that the pictures came out the way we wanted them too. Because we were under a deadline Matt was able to get all of our pictures back to us faster than what we expected. The town board and judges were very complimentary about Matt's work after he left. Based on our experience I would highly recommend McClosky Photography to anyone wanting it done right with true professional!

Profile Picture Doug, 8/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We got married 7/1/17 and Matt and Ruth were amazing, very professional and helpful. Would recommend them!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was highly accomidating, providing me with excellent service before and after the photo's were taken. I would reccomeend Matt to friends and family without hesistation... You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Anthony , 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was very professional and was a pleasure to work with. He gave us guidance when we asked and as a result we were very pleased with the results. He was very prompt with the finished pictures after the wedding. He is the photographer I would recommend to anyone. Thanks Matt for a job well done...we love your work!!

Profile Picture B, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt recently did a shoot for us and he was amazing. Very professional, flexible and also creative! We could not be happier with how our photos turned out.

Profile Picture Nicky, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt does an amazing job! He made us feel very comfortable and he is very professional. We love the pictures he took and he had an amazing vision. I would definitely recommend him to anyone and he is very affordable!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was awesome to work with from the day we met to discuss what he had to offer us.
He took our engagment photos and shot our wedding. James and I are overjoyed with the results. Every photo Tells a story and we couldn't be happier. Even though it was out of our budget, we took advantage of a deal he had on the photobooth, it made it reasonable and super super fun memories that he put in another photobook for us. The wedding photo album that we created together is incredible.
He is so easy to work with and is definitely a pro.
If you are on the fence you can definitely feel comfortable choosing to work with him, he delivers.

Profile Picture Justin, 9/18/16, 1 Review