46 Reviews for The Gardens at Elm Bank

Uncovered Outdoor (7)
Wheelchair Access (7)
Bridal Suite (5)
Indoor (2)

We could not have asked for a better venue. Elm Bank was the perfect size for our 180 person head count and our guests have not stopped raving about the location. The Italianate garden was such a beautiful and elegant backdrop for our cocktail hour and the carriage house was exactly what we were looking for in our reception location. There's a lot of freedom to customize the space they way you want and we highly recommend this venue for couples who have a strong vision of the way they want their space to look.

Profile Picture James, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elm Bank is a beautiful venue and everything was perfect from beginning to end. The exceptionally beautiful gardens are truly magical and the staff was outstanding. The weight limit for the bridge was the most challenging part of planning because of transportation, but it worked out that Uber/Lyft were readily accessible for guests and we booked smaller shuttles for family/wedding party.

Kayleigh was helpful with initial planning and vendor suggestions throughout. When we went to drop things off a few days before the wedding, the space we were supposed to use had been taken over by another wedding so they found us safe space in a totally different building! On the day of the event, Kristina and Jeanette were amazingly attentive and anticipated every need throughout the evening. They could not have been better. Thank you to everyone at Elm Bank!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/6/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite

We were so lucky to get married this summer at the Gardens at Elm Bank. The venue itself is the most beautiful garden around, with many different areas to host your event. The staff was amazingly helpful and accommodating to work with, thank you Kayleigh!! The Carriage House offers a beautiful white backdrop for you to totally customize your vision and choose all of your vendors in the midst of a fairytale-like beautiful grounds. We will continue to come back visit the happiest place ever, thank you Elm Bank!!

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved this venue! It was everything that we wanted and was a perfect day!

Profile Picture Keirsten, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Uncovered Outdoor

We adored having our wedding at the Gardens at Elm Bank! It's such a beautiful space, both the grounds and the Hunnewell Building. I was nervous about a portion of our guests being outside in the attached tent, but it ended up working beautifully; the doors were open the whole time so they could see inside and we made the space outside cozy/fun with a photo booth and a twig chandelier. Kayleigh was helpful and responsive in helping us prepare for the big day, and the price was pretty reasonable for everything we received. I highly recommend getting married here.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/30/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

We can't say enough about the venue. The natural beauty of the Gardens at Elm Bank are unprecedented in high season. The service and flexibility were great. We wanted to make the most of the different Gardens and they allowed us the flexibility to do so. The venue was also very catering to all of our vendors and their schedules, which enabled a smooth event. We were so happy with the service delivered. They even had an attendant on site who helped our elderly guests get from the parking lots to the tent with golf carts. I would highly recommend this venue, not only for its incredible beauty but also for its service and flexibility.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/16/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elm Bank is not only one of the prettiest venues in Massachusetts but the staff on site was always helpful during the planning phase but even more helpful the day of. Jen, the event coordinator, was so organized and responsive, anytime I had a question she would email back same day. The gardens were amazing for cocktail hour and the carriage house and tent were ideal for the reception dinner and dancing that came after. I honestly recommend the Massachusetts Horticultural Society, it was truly a beautiful event, I wouldn't have picked any other site.

Profile Picture User3252971, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great time working with the crew from Mass Hort. Our wedding was beautiful, and the great thing about this venue is that you have a lot of freedom.

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/20/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Elm Bank this past Saturday. As we sit in the airport waiting for our honeymoon flight, I'm still marveling at how wonderfully the day went. Before, during, and after the event, Jen was a joy to work with. She was consistently responsive with all questions, large and small. I have been consistently impressed by the value - it's pretty impressive that all of the gardens plus the Hunnewell building were included in the rental! The grounds and property are very well-kept as well - everything looked organic yet immaculate the day of the wedding. I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

Profile Picture Amee, 8/25/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This site is a gorgeous place to have a wedding reception. We set up the Honneywell building, the tent attached, and the space right outside the Honneywell building in a lounge type of seating - with couches and Indian Khattlas everywhere. It was really picturesque.

Throughout the process of trying to pull this vision of a wedding off, the staff at MASS Hort - particularly Jenn Courtney - was phenomenal. Jenn is really accommodating and will try to do her best in helping you achieve your vision. On a number of occasions, she helped hook us up with the right vendors and even called them back to ensure everything was in order. This is not what typically venue vendors do, unless they are being paid. Jenn has a really respectful and humane way of dealing with you; and that's not often the case in this kind of business.

I would do a wedding at this venue a hundred times over.

Profile Picture Yusufi, 7/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our daughter's wedding at Elm Bank and there aren't enough superlatives to describe what a beautiful site this is to hold a wedding. From our first visit to the wedding weekend, the functions manager responded to all of our questions and followed up in a timely manner. We had a fall wedding and the grounds were a glorious backdrop to our outdoor ceremony. We had a large tent in the Maple Grove which was the perfect site for the vision my daughter had for her wedding. However, I have been to Elm Bank during every season and the grounds are always beautiful. There is ample parking and it is easy to find from anywhere in the Boston vicinity. We had out-of-town guests at two nearby hotels.

Profile Picture Karen, 10/22/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Elm Bank and Jen Courtney! The venue speaks for itself…we wanted a very quintessential “New England in the Fall” location and Elm Bank certainly fit that bill. The ceremony could be basically anywhere on the grounds, and there were different options available due to the unpredictable nature of New England weather. Jen took accommodation and patience to a new level. There are so many unknowns and so many vendors to deal with for a wedding like ours (in a tent…in October) and Jen took the reins to ensure everything went smoothly leading up to, during, and after the wedding weekend. Our wedding was sandwiched in between a weekend of torrential downpours and a (very) early snow storm and they made all efforts to make sure there was no mud or dirt or leaves near the spaces we were using. Jen allowed us to bring items the day before the wedding to store on-site and leave them there until the day after the wedding. Everything she, and the staff, did to help made a tented wedding for 200 people seem manageable!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/22/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elm Bank is a beautiful landscape of gardens, flowers, plants and green space right in the middle of Wellesley, MA. Jen Courtney worked with me as the contact person; she was awesome, always quick to answer my questions and get back to me with details and info. It is a beautiful setting and they are very flexible with how you use all the space. lots of parking, lots of room, convenient to nearby hotels, access for handicapped people, and a great staff who took care of everything. Amazing place for a wedding!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/2/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our wedding at the Mass Horticultural Society. We got married in July and the gardens looked SO pretty and well maintained. Everyone that attended our wedding couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was. We used the carriage house with the tent on the back and had the cocktail hour in the gardens. Worked out perfectly! I was afraid of rain and wanted to have a venue that provided a rain back up plan and Elm Bank was perfect! We did not have to worry about rain, but it was nice to have the AC in the carriage house on that hot day. Jen was great to work with. She was very responsive and knowledgeable when ever I had a question or concern. She went above and beyond to meet my parents the morning of the wedding to get the flowers that were being delivered. It was very nice to work with someone who I had full confidence in and I knew that she would make sure everything went smoothly the day our our wedding. I would highly recommend Jen and this venue to anyone looking for a garden wedding!!

Profile Picture ellen, 7/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Elm Bank. The cocktail hour was outside in the gardens and the reception was inside the Hunnewell Building. We received so many compliments for having it at such a unique and beautiful location. The grounds were incredibly well kept up, and we could not have been happier with our decision. It made for some gorgeous photos! The staff was also incredibly helpful and such a joy to work with!

Profile Picture Casey, 7/9/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elm Bank was not only an exquisite venue for our wedding, but the staff were a pleasure to work with and accommodating in every way! We recommend 100%!!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/29/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We LOVED it! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Sharmila, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the first meeting with Nancy (who is no longer there) and the tour of the grounds, I knew this was where I would get married. The flowers, gardens, layout, flexibility - it was all a perfect match!

On the day of my wedding, there were some worries that it would rain and due to the rain on the day before the wedding and finiky new england weather, some of the flowers on where I wanted to get married had died and Masshort was MORE THAN FLEXIBLE to move the ceremony to trial grounds which proved to be extremely intimate and beautiful.

I ended up hiring a wedding planner because I don't do well with a blank canvas - especially since Hunnewell building is exactly that - a blank canvas - if you are creative and want a blank canvas, this is the place for you!

Profile Picture Sophia, 10/4/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our cocktail hour in the beautiful gardens (great backdrop for a ceremony as well), dinner was in the carriage house and dancing and dessert in the tent! It was so fun to have use of all the different spaces and made for a unique wedding! And the pictures are stunning!

Profile Picture ALicia, 5/23/09, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue- we were very lucky to have such a lovely July day for our wedding. Very seamless planning experience- Kayleigh, Mary Kate and their team were a pleasure to work with!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Neela, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We couldn't have been happier that we chose to have our wedding at Elm Bank! It is SUCH a special venue - our guests are still talking about how gorgeous and special it was! We were a little nervous that with 225 guests it would be a tight fit, but everything fit perfectly. We held the ceremony in the Italiante Garden and then seated guests in both the Carriage House and tent for the reception, with the band and dance floor right in the middle of the Carriage House. It didn't feel crowded at all - except, happily, on the dance floor! Elm Bank does take a little more effort and cost than a hotel or another full service venue because you do have to bring everything in - but it is 100% worth it to have such a special wedding! We also can't say enough about Jen Courtney - she was so organized and responsive and just such a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Elyse, 7/1/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I was looking for a reception venue, I wanted something more personal than a hotel or a run-of-the-mill function space. MassHort, with its beautiful, expansive gardens, stately carriage house and convenient location relative to Boston and the suburbs, fit the bill perfectly. I fell in love with the look of the place, but the service is what made the experience so wonderful. Jen Courtney, the events manager, was solicitous, thoughtful and above all always available to answer questions, assuage concerns etc. So many of our guests commented on how stunning MassHort was, and what a nice departure it was from your typical reception site. I would recommend MassHort to any bride.

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elm Bank at the Massachusetts Horticultural Society was the perfect place for our wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous, everyone that we worked with was so easy to work with and incredible friendly and helpful, Erin especially is great. The space really is a blank canvas, which we absolutely loved. It was a little pricey for the rental, as well as all of the other things that you have to get to go along with it (catering, linens, etc), but it is far from a cookie cutter venue and you can really customize it to have exactly what you want for you wedding. Absolutely beautiful and really unique venue. :)

Profile Picture User3376807, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elm Bank at the Mass Horticultural Society is one of the most stunning wedding venues I've ever seen. My husband and I fell in love with it at first sight and we knew we had to get married there! It fit the casual elegant vibe we were hoping for perfectly. If you are up for a bit more work than a more typical venue or country club it can really be amazing. There was a bit of a turnover with wedding coordinators during our engagement but they remained responsive and professional. A list of recommended vendors is provided. You are stuck a little with transportation because there is a bridge to the venue with a weight limit- I would have preferred to use larger buses but we had to do 2 trips with a 28person bus. Your choice of caterer can guide you through most of the other rentals needed as this venue really is a blank slate. The gardens are so amazing. We had our ceremony in the Italiante Garden, which was really romantic. Cocktail hour was also outside in Wheezies Garden and guests could stroll from there to the carriage house on site for our reception. This building is beautiful and includes a permanent tent in the back where we sat a few tables and the bar. We fit 165 people comfortably. It looked even better where we did uplighting! If you are looking for a garden venue there is no place more beautiful around.

Profile Picture abby, 8/23/14, 7 Reviews