Mary Veal Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Cathy
    Cathy P. Married on 05/20/2020

Mary is the best!

Hired Mary for a double wedding ceremony to take place at Sunset Key Cottages. She was great to work with and customize my package. Unfortunaley due to Covid-19 the wedding was canceled. Mary was very professional in her handling of the situation during a very emotional and upsetting time. You cannot go wrong if you choose to work with Mary!!!
    Caroline B. Married on 04/27/2019

Caroline Beatty

Working with Mary Veal and her team was a wonderful experience!! She is extremely professional and the quality of her photos are outstanding. I highly recommend her for all your weddings pictures!!! Not only are her pictures PERFECTION but she is so kind, creative, & helpful! Picking her was the easiest decision we made 💗

Mary Veal Photography's reply:

Thank you so very much Caroline! Your wedding was amazing and I am so grateful that you trusted me to capture the memories of your special day and that you love them! Thanks again and much love to you and Cason! :)
    Danielle M. Married on 11/23/2018

Perfection

MARY IS AMAZING!!!! Mary & her second photographer went above & beyond anything I could have ever imagined. From the getting ready pictures, to getting down on the dance floor, THEY NAILED IT!! Mary got every picture I could have ever asked for! Not only got them, BUT completely made my jaw drop when I saw the final photos! Mary made me feel sooooo comfortable from the second she walked into my door at The Reach Resort. She was so down to earth and made me feel soooo relaxed! My husband says the same thing about the second photographer. He was so personable & made him feel so comfortable during the getting ready photos. Now on to the ceremony....OH MY GOODNESS!! THOSE PHOTOS!! I don't even remember seeing them around or as some people would say "in the way" and when I got the photos....OH MY!!! THEY GOT PICTURES FROM EVERY ANGLE POSSIBLE! The group photos with our family after were perfect & couldn't have gone more smoothly! We did have a small group but it was fairly fast getting all the photos with family members so they could go up top and enjoy cocktail hour while we got our couple photos! WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN WITH THE COUPLE PHOTOS?! The lighting...the angles...the candid shots...the poses...every single one was PERFECT!! Now to my most favorite photos...the reception!! I smile and laugh every time I look at these! Mary & her second photographer got from every angle & THE BEST SHOTS of us having the best time ever!!! From first dances, (which I still cry at all the pictures of my dad & I) to the toasts, to all the line dances, dips & turns....they were more than I could have imagined. The detail shots of our rings blew my mind!! They have such unique & amazing ideas!! I truly couldn't ask for more in a wedding photographer! These pictures mean sooooo much to me & I will cherish them for the rest of my life! Mary Veal Photography should be your ONLY consideration!!! I promise they will not disappoint!
    Lisa Married on 11/18/2018

Best vendor we hired!!! Brilliant photographer!!!!

Mary is so wonderful & great!!! We are so happy that we hired Mary! She brought Rachel Ligon as her second photographer b/c her usual person had a conflict and we got double lucky!!! They are both amazing photographers!!! I highly suggest to fill out the worksheet Mary gives you beforehand. This way you can let her know of specific photos you want and she’ll make sure you get them. The wedding itself is so busy and moves so quickly that it’s good to have someone there to make sure you get what you want!! Unfortunately it rained the day of our wedding and we had to forgo some of the photos we wanted but Mary offered to take them the next day. I wish I had said yes but I knew no one would want to get dressed up again and most of our party was going home. That just means we’ll have to schedule another shoot later on - back to KW!!
  • Marquessa & John
    Marquessa Married on 03/03/2018
    Mary Veals photography is truly breathtaking. She captured the natural beauty of our wedding by the sea with the exquisite glamour and precisely unique touch she adds to all her work.
    She is definitely a photographic artist!
    Courtney Married on 01/03/2018
    As a local in Key West we know of Mary Veal and her amazing reputation and didn't hesitate to hire her for our Christmas photos. She did an amazing job! Super creative, professional and fun! We got some awesome tropical shots that made our relatives up north super jealous. There wasn't a photo we didn't like. I would definitely recommend Mary and look forward to using her services again!
    Hillary Married on 11/30/2017
    Mary and her team were such a joy and a pleasure to work with at our wedding! They were creative, professional, fun, loving... and they blended well into the ceremony and party to catch amazing candid shots that really captured the feel of the whole day! Every picture is incredible!! It was so difficult to narrow down which to put in an album!

I am so thrilled with our pictures that I have cried tears of joy each time I look through them! So thankful we found Mary Veal Photography!! <3
    Kristina Married on 05/20/2017
    If you are looking for a Key west photographer Mary is awesome! She is so fun and makes you feel very comfortable! HIGHLY RECOMMEND
    Gil Married on 12/31/2016
    We challenged Mary with a late night wedding.
    We honestly thought that the low light was gonna mean so so photos. Wow! We're we wrong, absolutely amazing!
    Somehow Mary even made me relax and look good!
    We hired a photographer, got exceptional service and product and made a friend,
    Hire Mary, you won't regret it!
    Heather Married on 12/08/2016
    Mary Veal is the sweetest most caring person I have ever met, which makes her very easy to work with. I had an issue the day before my wedding where we had to push everything back a half hour, and when I called her to explain, she was extremely understanding and was willing to do whatever we needed. She is also extremely creative and has an amazing eye for photo opportunities. I was so afraid that we wouldn’t have any good pictures, but we seriously look like movie stars. I cannot believe some of the pictures she took are real!!! She is absolutely amazing! And I highly recommend her to everyone! I not only found an amazing photographer, I found a great friend.
    Ashley Married on 10/25/2016
    Working with Mary was one of the best decisions I could have made! Mary and her team were easy to work with and delivered phenomenal photos. Mary was knowledgeable and dedicated to capturing the most perfect reflection of our wedding day. The communication between her and I went beyond anything I would have expected. She was prompt and informative when addressing any questions I had. I am forever greatful for the outstanding job she did, and would recommend her to anyone searching for a supreme wedding photographer!
    Jeffrey Married on 10/19/2016
    Mary did an amazing job photographing our wedding in Key West in October 2016. She seamlessly blended in with everyone in the wedding party, and disappeared in the background when taking photos. She managed to capture all the wonderful moments we wanted from our wedding. What I loved the most was the unique moments she captured of our small wedding party. We have so many photos we don't know which ones to select. Mary continuously saw unique photo opportunities that she kept stopping us to take picture, and they turned out beautifully. My biggest concern was looking at other photographers taking wedding pictures on the beach the people are back lit which means shadowed faces you can't see. Not with Mary's photo's. She understands the difficulties and knows how to adjust for them. I can't thank Mary enough for the wonderful photos but also making our special day even more special with her charming demeanor, attention to detail, and ability to blend in with everyone in the wedding. Thank you again Mary for everything.
    Emily Married on 10/08/2016
    Working with Mary was incredible. Not only did she produce amazing photos, she also put us at ease on our big day. Mary even worked with us to take a boat ride to a remote island for a ruin the dress shoot. Weather made us cancel a few times and she was totally flexible.
    Judy Married on 05/28/2016
    Mary & her staff captured the day perfectly
  • User2630716 2+ years ago
    Mary was so great! Bubbly and positive personality, she was great to work with!
    Catherine Married on 04/09/2016
    Mary is such a joy to work with
    I would recommend her to anyone and everyone
    she truly captured the fun family feel of our wedding!

Thank you Mary for adding to our special day!
    Joy Married on 03/14/2016
    It was a pleasure to work with Mary and our photo's were beautiful. I am a Director of Catering in Chicago and have executed 100's of weddings. Mary is one the best photographer's I have worked with, she caputured all the right moments. You will not be disappointed!
    Kristin Married on 01/22/2016
    She is a very great & positive person to be around. She was wonderful, the whether was not, but my pictures turned out beautiful none the less. I hope to come back there someday for my anniversary and have some more pictures taken.
    Amanda Married on 11/20/2015
    Mary Veal is incredible! She was so easy to work with and was on top of capturing every moment. We can't wait to see our pictures and we appreciate you being so patience with us and capturing all the moments! Thank you again!
    Julia Married on 10/10/2015
    While considering vendors for my daughter's destination wedding 10/10/15, finding Mary Veal's website was a coup and her being available was a blessing. Her skill and talent as a photographer is evident on her website but it was in exchanging emails over a year that really revealed her kind and beautiful spirit. Saying she is attentive is an understatement! She lent suggestions and guidance on everything from the hair and makeup team to possible location shoots. Her availability, thoughtfulness and talent were matched by her broad, genuine smile. I can not recommend her highly enough! She shot my daughter's boudoir pictures and returned with Jeremy on the wedding day to ensure they captured every special moment. They even whisked the almost married couple off for some spectacular destination shots away from the venue. She is amazing!!!
    Jillian Married on 10/10/2015
    I don't even know where to start! Mary was AMAZING! With my wedding being a destination, planning and picking vendors was difficult. Once I came across Mary's website, I fell in love with her photography and knew the pictures would be beautiful. Once booked, I started emailing her back and forth, and she was so sweet! She had a detailed questionnaire for me to fill out, which was really awesome, because it got me thinking about exactly how I wanted my pictures to look, and what pictures I really wanted captured. We did a boudoir photo shoot the week of the wedding for my husband's wedding present, and Mary made me so comfortable, and kept me laughing and smiling through the entire shoot. I was actually sad at the wedding reception when it was time for her to leave! She really is that nice! And as nice and professional as she is, her pictures are BEAUTIFUL. She isn't scared to climb into the bushes or lay down on the ground or jump up on a chair to get the perfect angle for the perfect shot. She's just awesome! You will not regret choosing her!
  • FutureRice0821
    Mica Married on 08/21/2015
    If I could give Mary and Mike a 10, I would. Mary was one of the very first vendors I contacted and she made me feel at ease right away. I felt that she understood what we were looking for in terms of pics. I can't tell you how many emails were exchanged between Mary and myself about our day and she was prompt to answer every single one. On the wedding day, she showed up with Mike to the estate we chose in Marathon. They were prompt, fun, and courteous. Every one LOVED our photographers! :) I can't wait to see what the pics look like, but I'm positive that they will be everything we wanted and more. Thanks Mary and Mike!
    Heather Married on 08/11/2015
    Mary was an excellent photographer. She was unobtrusive and had so much energy! She didn't just take photos, she took them until they were perfect for her!
    Meaghan Married on 08/08/2015
    Mary was hands down fantastic. We got married last weekend and had quite a large group for a Key West wedding. She managed to be extremely polite, while simultaneously gathering everyone when the shots were needed...even our dog! She is so dedicated that she even stayed later than scheduled for our wedding shoot and did so happily. She is very talented at what she does and produces great work. We absolutely can't wait to see our photos in a few weeks!
    Jeremy Married on 08/01/2015
    I can't begin to tell you how accommodating and friendly Mary was. She flew out to Dry Tortugas with my partner and I, and took amazing photos that look like a National Geographic photo shoot.

Even the family photos are among the best I've ever seen.

She had them all ready to go when we were done with our honeymoon and even gave us digital copies to post on our Facebook page for all our friends that couldn't make it.

We looked at every option in Key West, and all the best Bed and Breakfast places in town recommended her. I can definitely see why!

Jeremy & Gunner