Martin's Caterers Reviews

642 Reviews for Martin's Caterers

642 Martin's Caterers Reviews
  • Mrs.

Mrs. Shamika Smith · Getting married on 09/15/2022

Attentive & Efficient all while Smiling!

Hi Sue,

I want to say thank you for your patience and the last minute changes I asked of you. I really do appreciate it.

I would like to send a special thank you to Brent Dardozzi for his attentiveness in seeing that all my needs and requests were being met, he was a tremendous help! I really appreciated him, I tell you, I would “mentally” call him and he would just appear. 😊 Please let him know that I thank him for his help yesterday.

Please let Melva Brown know I appreciated her assistance too. She too, was a big help.

I would also like to thank all the wait staff and kitchen staff and servers…they were absolutely on point and the food was DELISH!! So many rave reviews from the employees, and those crab cakes were “out of sight.”

Sue, without the attentiveness of your staff, the help that they offered, the customer service they exuded and their awesome attitude, I would not have been able to have a smooth “First Run” that I had yesterday. I personally want to thank them all so much, so much. They made my day go by so well and so smooth.

Again, thanks so much for you and your staff’s help. Without it my day would not have been possible.

Sincerely and Kind Regards,
    Mrs. Shamika Smith

Lisa Wiederlight · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Finally found a home for our annual eent

The team at Martins was very helpful before, during, and after our event. Everytime we ask for feedback on the event, one of the three things people say is that they liked the venue and the food.

It was so nice to get help when we needed it, to get professionals checking in with us, and to get follow-up.

Derek · Getting married on 08/17/2019

Although our recent event at Martin's West was not a wedding, it was a very special annual family reunion banquet that moves around the country each year hosted by different families. This was our second time hosting in Maryland and first time contracting with Martin's. The first time we hosted in 2009 was a very successful event and a good time was had by all. We wanted to make 2015 an even better family reunion and turned to Martin's West. I can honestly say that so many people will work very hard behind the scene to ensure that every detail is perfect. With so many people working behind the scene to perfect your event you will only have to interact with two... Your Event Planner and your Banquet Manager. Our Event Planner Ali Kuchman was great... very responsive to our ideas, her suggestions were based on experience and she was a joy to work with during the planning, contracting and food tasting. Our Banquet Manager Deborah Winston who we only met one time on the day of our event made a great first impression! We met Deborah three hours before our event to drop off a banner that needed to be hung. Deborah was fully engaged and had her team equally engaged to make our event special. Our reunion was a tremendous success as reflected in ALL of the positive comments received from family members. They cannot wait for us to serve as Host and Hostess again and again. Several years in the future we will host this special event again and we will return to a Martin's Venue without a doubt!

• User7767416 · event on: 01/19/2017

The food was fantastic and the room looked beautiful! All the guests had an amazing time! Special thanks to the Martin's staff for making it happen!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much, we appreciate your kind words! :)

Herman Randall · Married on 09/30/2018

Wonderful and memorable.

Presentation was impressive. Everyone enjoyed the food from appetizers to dessert. The banquet manager and staff went out of their way to meet the needs of all of our guest including a couple of children under 10 years of age!!!

Theodore Gross · Married on 09/22/2018

Amy & Christopher's Wedding Martin's East

We were very pleased with the professionalism of all of the Martin's employees who were involved with our event. Louis and Tameka who were our event coordinators were spot on with the attention and helpfulness that insured that the wedding reception went off without a hitch.
    The buffet that we chose still has people talking about how good everything tasted, especially the crab cakes.

C. Ritter · Married on 09/20/2018

Professional, worry-free, excellent

Martin's staff was so attentive to my needs and desires from the first initial planning meeting to the very end of the event. The staff was so professional and made sure I was happy with each decision every step of the way. The room was so elegant and the servers were fast and efficient. The food was excellent and our guests were so happy. It's the perfect venue for any gathering and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Jessica · Married on 06/02/2018

We chose Martin's Crosswinds to celebrate my parents 30th anniversary and it was phenomenal. It was so special because they had their wedding reception at Martin's Crosswinds thirty years ago, so it only felt right that we gave them that experience again. From the setup to the service, our guests were so happy. Nick, the general manager, was instrumental in ensuring that our event would be amazing. The event staff was fabulous and our event planner, Zina, helped make the planning seamless and special. Thank you Martin's!

Martin's Caterers 1

Lyndsie · Married on 05/26/2018

Deciding to have our wedding reception at Martin’s (Greenbelt, MD) was the best decision that we made!!! From the introduction until the end of the reception, the team at Martin’s was always on point. Zina was beyond attentive and assisted with ensuring that our day was everything that we imagined! When she said that this venue focuses on every detail, she meant it!! They did not miss one thing!!! Our family and friends enjoyed every moment of the day, and were blown away upon entering into the venue. Everyone at Martin’s deserves a standing ovation!!! Perfection is an understatement!!!

Danica · Married on 04/21/2018

Martins West has been around for awhile, it's a hidden gem. Martin's West from the beginning, has been accommodating, flexible, professional, and kind to the very end! Sometimes, the professionalism or responsiveness from venues can start to slack as it becomes closer to the event date, but not Martin's West. We did our April wedding (both ceremony and reception) there. Our ceremony was done at their Garden Area. The entire staff that was a part of the planning and wedding day were absolutely great: Teresa (event coordinator), John (rehearsal coordinator), Brent (banquet manager), Ava (bridal hostess), all the waiters/waitresses, bartenders, and front desk receptionists. We wanted to set up our ceremony in the Garden area different than what other couples did in the past. Martin's West was very accommodating and Teresa worked hard to make it happen. She communicated closely with the DJ to make sure it was possible, to make sure the music/sound wouldn't be a problem. I think, if I am not mistaken, Martins West works with DJ Delights (DJ company) In the beginning stages of our wedding planning, Martin's West never pressured us to use them, but asked if were interested. We're glad that we went with them, they sent the best DJ ever. Martin's West being a huge catering company made EVERYTHING so much easier. We literally just worked with ONE vendor (ceremony, reception, food/drinks, cake) so everything and everyone were on the same page. It was CONVENIENT and AFFORDABLE. The food (everyone raved about the crab cake and mashed potatoes), ballroom, garden, and everything else was perfect.

Angela · Married on 03/15/2018

The venue was absolutely amazing . Every one at Martins truly went above and beyond our expectations and truly made myself and my husband feel like royalty on our big wedding day ??

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 02/16/2018

Our wedding at Martin's West was amazing and everyone had a blast!!

The staff was fantastic! I have even had guests mention to me and my parents how smooth and on point the wait staff and bartenders were. Additionally, we especially would like to mention Ava, John and Bryan. Ava was fabulous!!! She was friendly and always there to check on us to make sure we had everything we needed. John and Bryan were extremely helpful in making sure everything ran smoothly. The food was awesome as well. Everyone we talked to mentioned how good the crab cakes were.

All in all we couldn’t have asked for a better night!

Jim · Married on 12/02/2017

We had our wedding at Martins. They exceeded every expectation we had, in every area. We were treated like royalty thru the entire day. I highly recommend Martins for any event.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you Jim! We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you back in the near future. Happy New Year! :)

Steven · Married on 11/18/2017

The entire staff was very courteous and professional with us as we planned and experienced a wonderful wedding reception at Martin's East. We were greeted with a dedicated event coordinator, Kim, who made sure that everything went as smoothly as possible. As promised prior to the wedding, our glasses were never empty and she took care of so many little details. Our guests were very complimentary of Martin's services both during and after the wedding. We are still getting rave revues. We would not hesitate to use Martins again and recommend this group highly!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you, Steven! We appreciate your kind words. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness. Please come back and visit us in the near future. :)

D · Married on 11/17/2017

Martins East is a tradition in our family for our wedding receptions. They never disappoint. Their customer service is wonderful! They always go above and beyond. I have been the Bride 25 years ago to now the Mother of the Bride and it was like going home. Thank you to all your staff for doing a great job!!!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you D! We are so happy to hear this. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you back in the near future!:)

D · Married on 11/17/2017

Sent on 12/13/2017

Terri · event on: 10/13/2017

Working with Bertha and then Joette was wonderful. Joette gave guidance for food, acquiring a D.J. and layout of the room. She was a great pleasure to work with. Franklin, our host for the day was fabulous! Anything that we needed, another place setting, time to announce the tables for food, everything he did was with the biggest smile and sincerity! Working with the staff at Martin's is so easy. They make everything flow very smoothly. Highly recommend any Martin's location. Oh, the food! The food was delicious! So many compliments on the crab cakes, the craving stations, staff was going for 2nds and 3rds! Hats off to the chef!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Wow, what a wonderful review. Thank you, Terri! I will be sure to pass this onto the rest of the staff. We are so delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience. Please come back and visit us again soon! :)

Marcia · Married on 10/07/2017

The most beautiful place ever! Martin's Crosswinds Greenbelt. I received impecable service, from the staff to décor of the room. Celebrating my mom"s 80th surprise party will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. My mom and her guest are still raving about it. Thank you all for outstanding and professional service. I can't wait to have another grand event and it will surely take place at Martin's.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you Marcia! We are so happy to hear this. Please be sure to share pictures with us on Facebook and tag @MartinsCrosswinds. Your kind words mean so much to us. We hope to see you back soon! :)
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 10/05/2017

We cannot thank all of the staff and event planners at Martin's Crosswinds for the exceptional services they provided to make our wedding day memorable. The care and attention to every detail was beyond what we could have hoped and our guest are still talking about the elegance of the entire evening. Thank you for making our wedding day The Best Day Ever!!

Yvonne & Norvain Morgan

Jonathan · Married on 09/16/2017

Words couldn’t express how helpful Ali was to us during the whole process! As I work in hospitality as an Assistant General Manager, I know how important details are on the operations side. Everything and everyone was amazing and Brent and Ava made my wife and I feel like we were on top of the world. I thank you and your staff from the bottom of our hearts. With love The Holland Folks

Sent on 10/12/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Jonathan! I will make sure to pass this onto Ali, Brent & Ava and the rest of our staff. Wishing you lifetime of love and happiness! <3

Peta · Married on 09/16/2017

Loved this place and their one stop shop setup. My now husband and I were not able to have our ceremony at this location due to religious reasons but would definitely recommend newly couples who do not have such requirements to host their ceremony here. The staff were always accommodating and our planner Sue was fantastic! She made the entire process fun and relaxing.

Sent on 10/01/2017
    Martin's Caterers 2

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Peta! I will make sure to pass this onto Sue. Wishing you lifetime of love and happiness! <3

Sherrie · Married on 09/15/2017

Everyone was great The two ladies and Gentlemen that were there on Friday Day were excellent. Also the Bar Lady was their all day and she was always so pleasant.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you Sherrie! We appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you back soon! :)

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Martin's Valley Mansion on September 9th, 2017. Our wedding was so incredible! It was our dream come true. Bertha helped us with wedding planning from start to finish to make our wedding dreams a reality. She was so helpful with every detail and even with our last minute changes. Bertha was organized, hard working, experienced, and knowledgeable about planning weddings/events. Karen was also very kind and helpful when Bertha was on vacation or out of the office. Everything was fantastic and the staff worked hard to put together every detail as we had discussed in our meetings. Shout out to Linda who assisted my husband and I throughout the night... she was very hard working and kind. Our favorite part along with many of our guests was the dessert bar... intense music played while an entire wall opened up to display the dessert bar. We can't stop talking about how amazing our wedding turned out. Thank you to the entire Martin's Valley Mansion team. Thanks to you all our wedding was literally a fairy tail. I wouldn't change a thing.

Martin's Caterers 3
    Martin's Caterers 4
    Martin's Caterers 5
    Martin's Caterers 6
    Martin's Caterers 7

Monyette · Married on 09/08/2017

Thanks to the staff at Valley Mansion by Martin's,our wedding was AMAZING! Our event planner was Bertha Boring.We never had to worry about a response to an inquiry because Ms.Bertha (or Auntie Bertha as I now call her) or one of her associates was always there from beginning to end.And the final product was beyond what we could have ever imagined.The space is beautiful alone, but once they put their special touches on everything I was floored!I have multiple allergies and the chef made sure I was accommodated on my special day.The food was OUTSTANDING! Our event manager/MC was Franklin and boy did he make everything fun and exciting.He was pleasant, funny, entertaining and he helped take care of my husband and I, along with our wedding party, from the moment we walked in the building until the moment we left. And when the dessert bar was presented! OMG THE WALL RAISED,SMOKE CAME,SIRENS WENT OFF!And behind that wall was a huge variety of delicious desserts from one end of the room to the other being served by the most immaculate dressed servers I've ever seen.Everyone was pleasant,smiling and inviting to all of our guests.Ms. Linda was our attendant for the evening.She was so attentive to our every need.I never had to look for a napkin, ask for a refill of anything, or look for a chair to rest.Linda held my train, helped me maneuver my huge dress, change my shoes and everything while Franklin attended to our crazy wedding party LOL.I swear if anything possibly went wrong, we never knew and I highly doubt that it did.Valley mansion is beautiful, clean, accommodating and has the best staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with.I am a corporate chef and I have never experienced such a loving and caring group of people.The bartenders, servers, janitors, kitchen staff, chef, Ms. Bertha, Franklin, Linda, and anyone else I forgot to mention, will forever be in our hearts.NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THAN MARTIN'S!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for an amazing review, Monyette. We could not be happier that this day was everything you imagined. I will be sure to pass this wonderful review on to the rest of our staff. Wishing you lifetime of love and happiness! <3