Martine's Pastries Reviews

68 | Lexington, KY

68 Reviews for Martine's Pastries

68 Martine's Pastries Reviews

Laura · Married on 10/06/2018

We got a 2 tier pistachio wedding cake with buttercream icing. Several guests commented that it was the best cake they had ever eaten. I would highly recommend Martines to anyone. The bakery met with us for a tasting and were extremely patient and responsive to what we wanted.

Ann · Married on 09/15/2017

We had our wedding in Lexington and live in Cincinnati, so we picked three vendors to visit and met with Martine, first. Needless to say, we signed with her and never made it to the other vendors. She worked with us to help us find the right vision for our cake and budget we were looking to stay in. She is creative and clearly enjoys helping others to make their days special, whether it is a wedding cake, birthday cake... The cake was beautiful and delicious the day of the wedding and we got rave reviews. Thanks, Martine!!!!

Lauren · Married on 07/22/2017

Our wedding cake was both beautiful and tasty. The ladies at Martine's were also great to work with!

Vinnette · Married on 07/04/2017

Martine is lovely. Her staff is great. They called to confirm the cake flavors were right. The cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious! Pistachio cake with French butter cream, delightful!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Martine's Pastries's reply:

It was a pleasure creating your cake! Myself and the team are very grateful for your kind works. We wish you much happiness.

Monika · Married on 04/22/2017

Martine's makes some offer the best desserts I've ever had. A variety of flavors and styles to choose from. Also very pleasant to work with!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2016

Martine and her team were extremely easy to work with. I showed her an inspiration picture during our initial consultation and she was able to create a cake just as beautiful for our wedding. Her cake is not the cheapest in town but the quality and taste is worth it! I've never had cake so delicious before (I'm not usually a cake girl) and everyone at our wedding loved it! I highly recommend using Martine's for any cake needs!

Where do I even begin? Martine's Pastries is both professional and extremely satisfying for your taste buds; with that being said, Martine and her staff were a pleasure to work with and turned my dream wedding cake into a reality. I was pleased with the communication and their delivery, it was reassuring that no one had to worry about picking up the cake or setting up the cake, they did it for you. Not to mention, their cake, oh my goodness, it is to die for and their buttercream, myself and our guests were left speechless. You truly can not go wrong with Martine's, a big thank you to you and your staff, you were a pleasure to work with.

Alexis · Married on 10/01/2016

Best wedding cake I have ever had. Martine's is just plain fabulous!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

Martine and the entire staff at Martine's Pasteries are absolutely wonderful. I saw a cake she had done in the past and it was love at first sight. Then upon meeting Martine, I came to find she was as lovely as her creations. I fell in love with her talent, presence, professionalism, charm, story, dialect, and attentiveness to my needs and vision. My husband and I did not even meet with another baker, as her cakes were heavenly delicious and gorgeous. We truly had never tasted anything like her cakes and it made me feel as if I was Belle in the magical French castle tasting all of these unparalleled desserts one only dreams of. From lemon to pistachio cake to the tiramisu it was all amazing. She executed my vision to perfection both visually and in taste! Everyone, including us, still rave about our cake and it means so much to us!! Thank you, Martine and keep up the fabulous work !!!

Janet · Married on 08/20/2016

Martines Bakery was our first and only stop as we began the search for a bakery! After meeting with Martine, talking with her, sharing our ideas, and sampling different flavors---we knew before we left the meeting that she was the one. First, the samples were delicious! Secondly, she 'listened' and carefully sketched on a piece of paper the cake design we had envisioned! Our guests are still raving about the carrot cake and lemon cake flavors we chose! Martines reviews speak for itself, and I'm happy to add to the other great reviews as a satisfied customer. Go to Martines, you won't be sorry!

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

Our cupcakes were outstanding for our wedding! We tasted a bunch of vendors at the bridal shows and nothing compared to Martine's!! We are so thankful that we choose them and we kept getting compliments all night about how good the flavors were! Thanks again Martine!

Theresa · Married on 06/23/2016

Use Martine's! Best Wedding Cakes in and around this city! Her and her husband are so very sweet and accommodating. They are so easy to work with. Most beautiful and best tasting cakes around!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Martine's Pastries's reply:

Appreciate it Theresa, you just made Jim's day. Our pleasure helping your dreams come true!

Tina · Married on 05/14/2016

Martine provided the Wedding cake as well as making the very original and whimsical grooms cake.
    The Wedding cake was absolutely beautiful. She incorporated as well as surpassed all the design elements my daughter wanted and it was only outdone by the flavors, just delicious!! The grooms cake was so original and also surpassed everything my new son-in-law wanted. We received so many favorable comments on both cakes.
    Martine is a joy to work with!

Martine's Pastries are amazing!! So delicious! My fiancé and I recently booked Martine to do our wedding cake and we are so excited. During the consultation, Martine was polite and informative of her services, types of cake, etc. When it came time to tasting the cake options, we were so impressed with the options as well as the flavors. SO GOOD! I definitely recommend Martine to anyone looking for a cake vendor still!

Sarah · Married on 01/02/2016

Martine's made my 3 tiered, buttercream frosted cake as well as a strawberry cheesecake grooms cake. There is nothing negative to say about working with Martine's! She is amazingly helpful, friendly and her cakes speak for themselves both in beauty and taste. We are still eating leftovers from 3 weeks ago anld they are still delicious, moist and flavorful! She was able to do exactly the design we wanted without sacrificing taste! Not only was the cake amazing she did some impromptu decorating with leftover cake flowers at the venue and made it look amazing! She always goes the extra mile for her clients! If you search on pinterest and find a cake you love, chances are she has made it or one exactly like it! No matter who you talk to on the phone they are always polite and helpful! While you are at the bakery taste testing try some of her other baked goods, the cheesecake is especially amazing.

We had a fabulous experience working with Martine's Pastries for our wedding cake. We met once for an initial meeting and tasting, and left having paid in full. Martine is absolutely lovely and her cakes are delicious. We can't wait to eat more of it on our first wedding anniversary!

• VWCat

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

Martine's is truly the best wedding cake vendor in Kentucky. Martine and her team deserve every praise sung about them. They might be slightly more expensive, but when it comes to wedding cakes, they are worth every penny. I brought Martine a picture of the cake I wanted, and she not only nailed the design but it also tasted fabulous. I was told multiple times by guests that it was the best cake they'd ever tasted. I'm so glad we went with Martine's as our wedding cake was even better than I could envision.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Martine's Pastries's reply:

You are such an amazing family. We had so much fun making your cake with his creative design. I especially admired your beautiful VW quilt. Thank you for letting us be part of your day and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

Martine and her team were wonderful to work with. The pistachio cake was my favorite! Cake stand options were great and delivery was timely and expertly done. We had beautiful organic loose flowers to use and Martine had them perfectly arranged. Incredibly happy with our wedding cake and Martine's attentive services.

Michel · Married on 10/03/2015

Martine's cakes are gorgeous works of art that are also insanely delicious! Martine created the cakes for our rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding cake. The rehearsal cakes were smaller 9-inch party cakes, and the pink champagne was a serious hit! For the wedding cake, we had a four-tier cake, each a different flavor. We had bought extra cake to meet the design requirements, and the guests were so excited to sample a second flavor. Two top hits were the carrot cake and pistachio. I've had several guests contact me since the wedding for Martine's information so they can have her create something for them too! I highly recommend her to anyone!

Annette · Married on 09/12/2015

Martine's makes the best cakes around! We got so many compliments on the cake. We even got cupcakes from her for the rehearsal dinner - they're just that good! We ended up doing the pick up of the cake ourselves - but her staff was so helpful and Martine herself even helped do a last minute repair on the cake toppers with some well placed fondant. You can't go wrong with any flavor there but we went with the Pistachio, Carrot, and Chocolate cake. Can't recommend Martine's enough!

• sarahtrg

Sarah · Married on 05/09/2015

I had a very specific look that I was going for with my wedding cake and Martine and her staff were happy to oblige. We actually purchased our own fondant mold for the look that I wanted on the cake and they were more than happy to play around with the mold to see if it was something they could do. The end result was breathtaking! And the cake was absolutely delicious!

Kimberly · Married on 04/11/2015

Amazing!!! Beautiful custom, creative design and a pistachio wedding cake to die for!!!!! Absolutely loved every bite!!!

Jennifer · Married on 01/03/2015

Loved working with Martine! Being an out of town bride was not easy, but she was very flexible and easy to work with. Took my ideas and went with it making the most beautiful Bride and Groom's cake. It was delicious as well everyone of the wedding guests raved about how good her cake was.

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

Martine's is the BEST at wedding cakes. Delicious and fresh. My guests RAVED over the flavors we had (Strawberry cream cheese, Pistachio and Bourbon). Martine is a true blue French Pastry Chef and it is reflected in the amazing quality of her cakes and pastries. You won't regret getting your cake here and you can look forward to a fresh made topper for your 1st anniversary. Love Martine and can't rave about her enough!

Tricia · Married on 10/03/2014

I have nothing but positive things to say about Martine and her fabulous bakery! First of all, her cakes are DELICIOUS. There were people at my wedding who don't normally like cake and they went back for a second piece! When we went in to do a cake tasting, she sat down with us and went over everything. She sketched out what I had in mind and it was perfect. She made suggestions that I would have never thought about! Her prices are reasonable and she is worth every penny!!!