Marry Me In The Northland Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Brittany
    Brittany H. Getting married on 07/10/2022

Jean was amazing!

Our wedding was fantastic and customized to what we wanted and that was thanks to Jean with Marry Me In The Northland.

Marry Me In The Northland's reply:

Thank you so much, I loved working with you both and your Halloween wedding! Wishing you all the best.
    Karen M. Getting married on 05/09/2022

Sublime Elopement

Though my partner, Josh, and I - both in our early sixties and previously married  - shared a keep-things-simple mantra in relation to our wedding,  great effort was required, through most of 2020 and its COVID complications,  to adapt plans and manage expectations. By September, wedding rings and clothing were in place, but our license was still pending (following a county records error) and we were having difficulty finding a Minneapolis-based officiant whose availability aligned with ours and that of our respective sons and their partners (as witnesses) and a dear friend's who'd offered to make a cake for our backyard, no more than ten, distanced/masked wedding.
    With a long-awaited and much-needed North Shore vacation in view, and disappointment-fatigue mounting, I declared that I was tired of wedding planning and was going to focus on vacation planning. However, I found myself unable to resist one last online search for Duluth-area officiants who might be available during the dates of our trip - which led me/us to Marry Me in the Northland (MMN), and Annette.
     I submitted a Monday late-afternoon query through the MMN website to the effect of 'it's probably a longshot, but would Annette be available on any of the following dates.' Shortly afterward, Annette replied - positively - with dates and times, and suggested that we talk directly the next morning. Chatting with Annette felt like a conversation with a longtime friend. My spirits lightened considerably - and perhaps synchronously, our corrected wedding license arrived in that day's mail.
    Between that Tuesday morning conversation and our early Saturday afternoon ceremony. Annette maintained close contact despite her busy schedule. She was warm, funny, and a good listener,  professional and organized. She understood that Josh and I had adapted from a simple wedding plan to an impromptu elopement and made sure that it felt special and expressive of us as a couple. Her colleagues, Jean and Jason, who served as our witnesses and photographers, were equally gracious. Ultimately, our wedding, on the shore of Lake Superior, beneath Leif Erikson Park's rose garden - Annette's suggested location -  in unseasonable Fall warmth, felt as lovely and perfect as it could possibly be.
    Next week, when members of our original wedding party belatedly gather to celebrate, we will raise a toast to Annette, Jean and Jason for giving us this most memorable day.
    Tammy M. Getting married on 02/08/2022

Annette Lahr Wedding officiant

Annette Lahr did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. She was extremely easy to work with and very personable. She was inspiring and did a great job presenting our requested script and vows. She was very helpful in providing script ideas as well as other resources needed such as a photographer. She is a very friendly and sincere person. We would strongly recommend her services. Ian and Tammy
    Ausitn T. Married on 10/09/2021

Marry Me in the Northland

Marry Me In The Nothland (Annette Lahr) constructed and officiated our wedding. She did a phenomenal job - we got so many compliments about how great and personal our ceremony was. Annette was great at listening to what we had in mind and understanding our vision. Not to mention her husband who was also a HUGE help with the ceremony and making sure it went off without a hitch. Her and her hubby were a joy to work with- very responsive, attentive and personable!
  • Katie
    Katie C. Married on 08/27/2021

Exactly What We Wanted in a Ceremony!

Annette Lahr was a fantastic wedding officiant! Our ceremony was beautiful and she was very helpful. I really hadn't even been to many weddings before our own, and we were a little lost on what to put in our ceremony. But there was no need to worry, because Annette has created a detailed E-book to give you ideas and allow you and your significant other to create your perfect ceremony. I would definitely recommend Marry Me In The Northland.
    Kelly F. Married on 07/31/2021

Wonderful experience

Very seamless process. Our officiant Akela was amazing. I would definitely recommend!
  • Graham
    Graham H. Married on 07/24/2021

Excellent officiant

I would highly recommend, Mary Me in the Northland, to anyone looking for an officiant. Annette and her team were highly organized and made the whole process as easy as possible. They tailored the ceremony to exactly what we wanted and were very easy to work with.
  • Hanna
    Hanna Z. Married on 07/09/2021

Marry Me in the Northland is Fantastic!

Annette was truly wonderful to work with. When all our wedding plans got thrown in the air due to COVID Annette took the time to talk with us and connect us to other vendors. The day of the wedding she was a calming presence and provided a beautiful service full of love. We highly recommend Annette and her team to any couple getting married in the Northland!
  • Jackie
    N/A Married on 06/12/2021

Exactly what the bride and groom were looking for!

Prior to my daughter finding Marry Me In the Northland, we were getting a little frantic about finding an officiant for an outdoor wedding in the Minocqua, WI area. It wasn't my daughter's vision to have an overly religious ceremony, and non-clergy wedding officiants were proving hard to locate. Thankfully, she found Marry Me In the Northland, and Jean Larson officiated. The ceremony was beautiful. Jean worked with my daughter and son-in-law, and helped them craft a ceremony that was touching, meaningful, and uniquely theirs. Jean was a delight to meet and work with, and we had a wonderful time chatting with her before and after the ceremony. We highly recommend their services!

Marry Me In The Northland's reply:

I'm so glad you found us, I absolutely loved the location and spending time with all of your family and friends. You put on a truly beautiful wedding and I'm honored to have been a part of it.
    Thank you for the kind words!
    Mitch K. Married on 05/06/2021

Jean was an amazing officiant!

My wife and I are so happy we picked Jean to marry us. She helped us out a ton beforehand customizing our entire wedding ceremony to best fit us. She was very responsive in emails and made sure we could communicate with her about any questions. The day of our wedding she made sure all the final details were perfect and made the day feel very special. All of our guests commented on her excellent work! Thank you Jean!

Marry Me In The Northland's reply:

Thank you so much, I really enjoyed working with you both to make your ceremony perfect. All of my best wishes for the future!

• Tammie
    Tammie B. Married on 04/25/2021

Fantastic!!!

Annette is fantastic, she was super helpful starting with getting our marriage license and recommending some great places on the north shore. Annette was very responsive, stayed in touch with me all the way up to the wedding and even helped with photographing our wedding. I can’t thank her enough for making our day great.
  • Christina
    Christina B. Married on 01/06/2021

Calm, Patient, and Organized!

Annette was professional, calm, and punctual. We were really impressed with her ability to help us on short notice. She is kind and supportive no matter what type of ceremony you want to have.

She also asked some probing questions about elements that I had not considered yet, but I'm so glad that she did! We were pleased with her 100%. 10/10 would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding!
    Sarah B. Married on 11/07/2020

Wonderful and Accommodating!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Jean as our wedding officiant in July 2020. Due to planning a wedding in the middle of a pandemic, and having to change our plans more then once, it wound up being a very stressful wedding. Jean was so great to speak with, eased our minds, and helped us pick out a perfect script for the day that was beautiful. We had planned to get married on a Saturday but due to more pandemic problems we had to cancel that wedding, the day before it, and reschedule for a totally different day and time. Once again Jean was unbelievably great about working with us and changing the day with such short notice! I was so thrilled that she was so accommodating and kind about the whole situation. When we were finally able to have our wedding day, Jean preformed a beautiful small ceremony for us, and we could not be happier. She was kind, excited, fun and professional. I would highly recommend Marry Me In The Northland and our officiant Jean! Thank you again so much!!!

Marry Me In The Northland's reply:

I am so sorry I did not reply to this, what a crazy year and you both can attest. I was so happy to have been a part of your day and really enjoyed getting to know you both. I loved that you were so resilient to all the changes and in the end, I think it was an amazing intimate ceremony that I won't forget. Take care and thank you,
  • Maxfield
    Maxfield R. Married on 10/18/2020

Annette is wonderful

Annette was a joy to work with. She was very responsive and worked to make sure the ceremony fit our needs and more importantly our relationship. Our guests many positive things to say and my wife and I couldn't have been happier. Highly suggest working with Annette!
  • Kellianne
    Kellianne R. Married on 09/13/2020

Best officiant ever

Hands down Annette is the best. She married us in September 2020. She made the whole process super easy. She also helped with recombination for makup, venues, and great places to eat (not even wedding related) she also helped me personally (im the bride) when the pandemic threatened i wedding plans Annette was there for me and helped me calm down and helped with back plans. If you want a stress free wedding you need to hire her !! We can't say enough good. She Truly made are wedding amazing.
    Kaycee K. Married on 08/16/2020

Jean was amazing!!

Jean was so amazing!! She did a great job officiating our wedding! She was very helpful and let us make our ceremony our own.

Marry Me In The Northland's reply:

Thank you Kaycee, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet you both and be a part of your day. All my best for the future!
    Deb P. Married on 07/05/2020

Thoughtful and professional.

Very responsive and helpful. Offered excellent advice and guidance. Highly recommend.
  • Alisha
    Alisha F. Married on 06/21/2020

Made our day wonderful!

I got married on June 6, 2020 and it was all pretty last-minute planning as my original plans had been cancelled due to COVID-19. My elopement planner got me in contact with Annette at Marry Me in The Northland and immediately when I spoke with her on the phone, she had a calming and reassuring personality. She let us have a say in all parts of the ceremony and helped make it wonderful. On the day of the wedding, just as she did on the phone, she helped calm and reassure us and made our ceremony beautiful and everything we hoped for!
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine J. Married on 05/31/2020

Amazing experience 🙌

We married last week! The day was so beautiful and we are so happy we chose Annette to marry us. The day of she walked us through everything and didn't rush through the vows which we appreciated the most. It was a beautiful moment we will remember for the rest of our lives.
  • Tawna
    Tawna Married on 06/15/2019

Beyond Impressed!

Decided to elope on short notice! Called Marry Me in the Northland to request an officiant and got super lucky to not only have more than one officiant available on short notice but that the officiant we were matched up with was just fantastic! Shout out to Annette for finding Akela for us and being rockstars! Beyond satisfied 🥰
  • Kayla
    Kayla Married on 02/23/2019

Guests were very impressed

Jean Larson was AMAZING! We were looking for an officiant last minute for our wedding since we were originally going to have a family member marry us but that fell through. I only went on past reviews to decide to choose Marry Me in Duluth and it was one of the best parts about our wedding. Jean was so great to work with and let us completely customize our ceremony. We had so many guests come up to us after to ask us how we knew her since she seemed like she had known us forever. They were so impressed and uplifted by our ceremony. She truly had a large hand it making it our best day ever!

Marry Me In The Northland's reply:

I hope you two are doing well! I see I just missed your anniversary. I absolutely adore you both and had the most fun with your ceremony! Your families are amazing and I won't forget you anytime soon. Get in touch if you are ever in Duluth and want to have lunch.
    All my best wishes,

Anna H. Married on 08/21/2021

Wonderful!!

Annette had such a great personality and did a wonderful job with our ceremony. She gave us the full freedom to personalize the ceremony and really make it our own while still making helpful suggestions to keep everything moving smoothly. A great process and outcome, definitely recommend it!!
    Erin Married on 07/11/2020

Professional and Excellent Service

Annette from Marry Me in the Northland was fantastic! As we got married in MN but live across the country, she agreed to talk to my husband and I on the phone while we were looking for an officiant. We talked for an hour plus on what we wanted for the ceremony. She provided us with lots of options and we were able to take our own time to tailor the ceremony to what we liked. She was friendly, put us at ease, and was receptive to our thoughts and ideas. We didn't meet till a half hour before the ceremony took place and she was respectful and stuck to the script of the ceremony. We knew we were in good hands. Would highly recommend.
    Ashley J. Married on 08/08/2020

Wonderful experience

Jean was fantastic to work with. She made the whole process very easy and smooth.

Marry Me In The Northland's reply:

Thank you for the kind review Ashley. I enjoyed working with you both and being a part of your day.

All my best!