Marlon Taylor Photography Reviews

1 User photo

Marlon Taylor Photography 1

Lizz Flores · Getting married on 05/17/2020

Photography consultation

Marlon was prompt had great books and photos and a wonderful personality. He is very accommodating and really approachable. We both cannot wait to work with him for our wedding day and engagement photos.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Vivian

vivian tsang · Married on 08/18/2019

Marlon made our special day extra special

We are so happy we came across Marlon on Facebook a couple of months before our wedding. Immediately, we were attracted to the amazing photos he shared and submitted a request regarding his availability. Prior to finding Marlon, we reached out to a couple of photographers through a Yelp and Wedding Wire searches. By the time we spoke to Marlon over phone, we knew he was the one because of his friendly and approachable demeanor. We liked that he asked us to provide a couple of photography styles we liked so that he can do the same for us, that shows us he's really open to making sure we get what we want.

On the day of the wedding, Marlon arrived a few minutes early to check out the area. We were most happy when he immediately hit it off with our videographer (another vendor we hired) and the both worked together like a team. We liked that they both shared ideas of style and poses and complemented each other when they were working on our shots. We let Marlon know we wanted more photos of us together with friends and family...and he made himself fully available throughout the ceremony and luncheon for us to bring him around for photos. We were also extra thankful for Marlon staying behind for an hour after our designated end time to help us take additional couple shots and shots with friends.

As promised, we received the digital link to all our photos 5 weeks after our wedding. We received 1300+ shots and were extremely delighted and love all the moments he captured for us. Thank you again Marlon for making our special day extra special in many ways.

Marlon Taylor Photography 2
    Sent on 11/11/2019

Anthony Jaime · Married on 12/01/2018

first class! our new family photographer!

We had the pleasure of experiencing Marlon's work during my brother's wedding a few years back. We knew he would be a perfect fit for our wedding event this past December. Marlon listened to all our crazy ideas and accommodated them without hesitation. In addition, he also provided great recommendations that ended up being some of our favorite photos/moments of our very special evening. I always tell friends who are planning their wedding to interview in three's (cake, flowers, photographer, videographer, DJ, etc...). This is the one instance I can say confidently you only need to meet with Marlon to know you have chosen the perfect photographer for your very important day.

Sent on 03/22/2019

Debra · Married on 12/01/2018

Exceeds expectations!

One needs more than a good camera to take a superior picture and whatever that “more” is Marlon has it. He is able to capture the essence of a moment in all his pictures.
    My daughter Michelle and Tony were married on December 1st last year. As the wedding planner I wanted to make sure that everything was the best that it could possibly be for this momentous event. After my first conversation with Marlon I felt confident that he would be able to work with Michelle and Tony and entertain some of their innovative ideas. I was right. The engagement photo shoot pictures were beautiful, diversified and really showcased the couples personality.
    But the wedding pictures! Outstanding.
    What impresses me most about Marlon’s photos is the depth and quality of the emotions that the pictures convey. Because Marlon considers each celebration he photographs with originality he focuses on details that are exclusive to your event, therefore allowing each set of photos to be unique.
    Marlon is a professional, personable, creative, talented, photographer who I highly recommend to anyone.
    Many thanks Marlon. The pictures reflect the effort and commitment you put into photographing Michelle and Tony’s wedding.
    Debra

Sent on 04/09/2019

Erin · Married on 07/07/2017

As a nervous bride, amped up on 14 months of wedding planning and the buzz of family and friends, it was such a relief to have Marlon taking charge of the photography. He was patient, friendly, creative and on top of the shot list, so I didn't have to be. He set a great tone for the photo sessions with his calming energy, and it shows in the gorgeous photos he delivered.

From first contact to delivery of final photos, he was professional and easy to work with. He was able to accommodate our tight budget and gave us so much more than we could have expected. My husband and I loved his artistic sensibility as a photographer when we saw his portfolio, and our wedding photos absolutely live up to our dreams. Such a great experience working with Marlon. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/13/2017

Booked Marlon for our engagement shoot & wedfding. We went to UCIrvine (where we met), and we went to the park at UCIrvine and brought our dog! We spent about 2-3 hours or so at the park, getting different shots (much harder with a dog). Afterward, we asked if it was okay to do another location, somewhere with some older buildings, and he was totally fine with that. We asked him if we can drop off our dog, and do an outfit change, and he was totally fine with that. We decided to go to Downtown Santa Ana! We shot around in a bar we liked, on the sidewalk, and down some streets with brick buildings. He was very easy to work with all day. I didn't even notice, but our contract with him is only 4 hrs of engagement photos (we probably did 5-6 hrs!), but Marlon did not charge us anything additional or say anything. He just says as long as we are happy with the photos, then he was happy. I love that he was not trying to charge us for everything, and was just trying to do the best job he can.

Amazingly, we took the engagement photos on Sunday, and he literally sent me a link with all of the photos (with his edits) by that Thursday/Friday!!! HOW DOES HE DO IT ALL WITH A FULL TIME JOB??! I have no idea, but I was very happy to see them! We got to use the photos for our invitations and wedding guest book. They looked great as well!

Fast forward to our wedding -- it was very easy to schedule with him. To let him know what time we needed him, and he showed up right on time. You make a final payment to Marlon the week before your wedding, so he requested us to Venmo him the amount. He met us the day of right on time!

He stayed with us almost all night. He got all the photos we wanted, and the photos came out great!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/16/2016

Marlon was amazing!!! We loved working with him! He is so friendly and creative and we felt like we could be ourselves and have fun with him. He has a contagious laugh that always made us smile. We will definitely work with him again in the future and we were so happy with our engagement photos so we can't wait to see the final wedding photos! Thanks so much again Marlon! We are so glad we chose you ?????? Also we want to hangout soon and catch up because he was not only our professional photographer, but also a good, trustworthy friend. ????

Sent on 10/28/2016
  • Lisa  V.

Lisa · Married on 10/15/2016

From the moment we met Marlon, we knew he was the right person for us. He went with the flow and craziness of the evening and always remained professional. Without a doubt, we knew we could put our day in his hands to capture the many moments of our big day. I highly recommend Marlon.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Kristin · Married on 09/25/2015

We LOVED Marlon and all the photos he took! We had an evening wedding, and he captured both day and night shots. We used 3 locations, and he was very accommodating and easy to work with! He made sure we had the shots we didn't even know we wanted, and I can't even pick my favorites from the over 1,000 photos he gave us after the event. The best part was the slide show he crated and showed during DINNER, the guests were in awe! His pricing was just what we were looking for, and he spent a full 6 hours with us. THANK YOU MARLON!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Pablo · Married on 10/19/2013

Marlon did an epic and very memorable job at our wedding. I have known Marlon for over 10 years and have waited to finally ask him to be our photographer at our wedding. Marlon captures you in a light that you never knew was inside of you. If you check out his website you will quickly see what I'm talking about. Marlon by no means I would consider a cheap photographer. My Mother in Law paid 3 times what Marlon had invoiced me for the event and received some pretty boring photos from her Wedding Photographer 3 years ago. When we got our Family together to view our Wedding photos last month , they were all blown away just like I was with the results of our Wedding. I can't say enough of what an Amazing job Marlon did for us, his photos will be a part of my families memories for many generations to come. I highly recommend Marlon Taylor and would never use anyone else.

Sent on 12/31/2013

brandee · Married on 08/24/2013

I love, love, love Marlon Taylor's work. This was not the 1st time I used him. My sister & I had him take family pictures, and I used him on another occasion, and I couldn't be more satisfied. So i had no doubt he would bey choice for my special day. He is very professional, he was on time to both our engagment & day of. During the ceremony all my guests were commenting on how great he was, they loved how he was capturing all the perfect moments while staying "behind the scene". I would and do recommend him to all my family & friends.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2013

Marlon Taylor is the best photographer ever! He is so easy and fun to work with. We used him for both our engagement photos and for our wedding. I love that he isn't pushy and doesn't give a bunch of cheesy poses to do, he just kind of follows you or hangs out with you and takes his pictures. It almost just feels like your hanging out with a friend taking a few pictures, yet at the end he gives you hundreds of beautiful, amazing pictures! I can't even count how many complements we've received on our engagement pictures and the few wedding pictures we've gotten back. We just got married a week and a half ago, and the next day he already sent us a bunch of pictures of our ceremony. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/22/2012

WOW, words could not every effectively capture the AMAZINGNESS of who Marlon Taylor is and the brilliance of his photography. Marlon is first and foremost the most humble, genuine, thoughtful, patient and giving man you will ever meet. He listens to every question, thought or comment you may have, and seriously takes it to heart- he cares deeply about every single person he comes across and works with. It truly is a gift. I have never met someone so humble, when you compliment him (which is a lot because HIS PHOTOGRAPHY ROCKS... more about that later) the way he responds and takes it all in is truly unique, I feel like I have a lot to learn from Marlon. They say that your photographer is your shadow on your wedding day, everywhere you go, they are there, so it is important to pick someone who you are truly compatible with, someone who values and cares about the same things as you, and will add to your wedding day experience, rather than caring ONLY about the pictures. I was told by another vendor early on that Marlon is not a "spray and pray" photographer, who just takes LOADS of shots HOPING to get some good ones in... he carefully plans out and executes every single shot- leading to the end result- frameworthy LOVED and CHERISHED photos that capture the emotion and love as it truly is. We love our pictures, we loved working with Marlon, and we will cherish our photos and our relationship with Marlon Taylor for a happily ever lifetime to come :) Thank you MARLON!!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Debby · Married on 08/06/2011

I can't say enough good things about Marlon and his work. First, I must say he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. We had a bad experience with our first photographer so after many hours of research I came across Marlon Taylor photography. He had great reviews and was very reasonably priced. When I explained the bad encounter we had previously, he was genuinely concerned and made sure he did everything in his power to give us a better experience. My husband and I were so grateful to find Marlon. From the moment we met him, we knew we would be happy with his work. Marlon is extremely talented and has an eye for romance. We were extremely pleased with the engagement pics and can't wait to see the wedding ones!!!

Sent on 08/25/2011

Friendly photographer and very flexible, willing to work with your budget.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Marlon was great. He was very nice and very accommodating.

Sent on 09/01/2012