Marley Photography Reviews

Marley Photography 6
Marley Photography 7

Melissa Simpson · Married on 08/04/2019

Really amazing!

Rhett Marley was nothing short of amazing to work with!! We had had a very rough week during and after our phone call but he was super understanding and accommodating. He was very open to our wants of a little less traditional photos. He went above and beyond to capture beautiful moments for us to have forever. I am so so happy he was referred and replied promptly to us to get our plans in order in a timely manner also. Rhett was very thorough in explaining things and answering all of my questions also. And even better, the technology part of everything was super easy for me!! Definitely recommend Marley Photography 100%!!!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Snowden · Married on 07/18/2019

Amazing photographer

Marley Photography captured my wedding perfectly with his amazing photography skills. He was extremely professional and knew exactly what poses and angles to make the pictures perfect! I highly recommend him and wouldn't hesitate to contact him in the future when we return to Charleston. Thank you Marley!

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Marley Photography 8
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/28/2019

Professional, fun and easy to work with!

Rhett was amazing to work with (before, during and after our wedding) and our photos turned out amazing! Planning a destination wedding can be stressful and he made it super easy! We are thrilled with the beautiful photos he took. We couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Marley Photography 9
    Marley Photography 10
    Marley Photography 11
  • O

Olivia Morris · Married on 06/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Rhett was absolutely fantastic to work with! My husband and I had Rhett take our engagement photos and our wedding photos. For both sessions we were very happy with the mix of posed versus candid shots. On our wedding day it looked like we would probably have rain and Rhett did an excellent job of keeping me calm. He had a plan for multiple weather scenarios to ensure that rain or shine we would have beautiful pictures! Rhett also made everyone feel comfortable, which got us some very genuine-looking photos. Many of my wedding guests came up to me to comment on how impressed they were with how good Rhett was at running around to capture all of the action! We could not be happier with how our photos turned out!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Rebekah

Rebekah Witt · Married on 05/12/2019

He is the best!!!!

Rhett Marley is the best wedding and engagement photographer!!!! I would recommend him to anyone!! He is friendly, detailed, timely, affordable, and his pictures speak for themselves... Amazing!!! He has access to taking pictures at the beautiful Boone Hall and wow did those pictures turn out so good!! We had so much fun during our engagement shoot!!! He was a pro at getting me and my now husband to take pictures! It takes only a couple of shots to go from awkward to comfortable!! I was so excited when it came time for Rhett to do our wedding because we loved the engagement pictures!! He even met with us for coffee before our wedding to go over the wedding shot details. He is also very fast at getting the pictures back to you so you can share your pictures to friends and family!!! If you book Marley Photography you can’t go wrong!!!!

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Marley Photography 18
    Marley Photography 19

Stephanie Alexander · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing photos!

We could not be happier with our experience with Rhett Marley. His prices were great, he was very communicative before the wedding to find out exactly what we were looking for, and the day of the wedding, he worked so well with our blended family of five teenage and preteen kids. He was also great at the reception, dipping in and out and capturing great images without being intrusive. As far as the photos themselves, I am thrilled with them. We chose Rhett because of the artsy, personal work we saw on his website. Our photos are just as beautiful. A perfect balance of people and nature, and our love and personalities just shine through. He took advantage of the amazing scenery (Debordieu Colony, Georgetown, SC) and was super cooperative about moving between spots to take photos. Can’t recommend Rhett enough!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you Stephanie so much for your kind words! I loved working with your family and seriously fell in love with Debordieu Colony. The nature there can be breath taking! Thanks again for trusting me as your wedding photographer. I wish you and your family all the best!
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/30/2018

The best photographer we could have picked for our big day!

We chose Marley Photography because we liked how light and joyous the photos looked, which was exactly the feel we wanted for our wedding. Rhett was very professional and an all-around nice guy, great to work with and very responsive (even in the midst of hurricane season). He was also very accommodating when scheduling meetings during the limited windows we were in town. We had to start out with the 5 hour package and were later able to bump it up to the 8 hour package, which was so worth it. Our photos came in much sooner after our wedding than expected and we love them all so much that we've had trouble picking the ones we like best for the frames in our house. I would recommend Marley Photography to anyone!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea for the kind review!! I loved working with you and Tim out at the Gadsden House!! There are several photos from your wedding that made it on my website for my 2019 portfolio. I am in love with a lot of them too haha. :) Thanks for being so great to work with!!

Mitzi · Married on 04/28/2018

Rhett is simply fantastic! He managed to capture not only my husband's and my personalities and emotions in his pictures but our guests as well! He so very nice and easy to work with and will literally will go above and beyond to capture each and every moment! We absolutely LOVE his work and the memories he captured for us!

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Marley Photography 20
    Marley Photography 21
    Marley Photography 22
    Marley Photography 23
    Marley Photography 24
    Marley Photography 25

Margaret · Married on 04/21/2018

Rhett was absolutely amazing! He was fun to work with and the pictures turned out great! We asked his professional/local opinion on the "best" areas of Charleston to take pictures-without any cliche shots, and HE DELIVERED! Our pictures are quintessential Charleston without being trite. As we went around town, if we saw any place we wanted to get married, he would stop and take pictures there for us. He was so easy going! Everyone loved how easy he was to work with and he handled our crazy family members in stride. He took so many pictures and he had them back and edited within 2 weeks of our wedding. I would recommend Rhett to anyone getting married in Charleston, no questions about it! He deserves all those awards he has won!

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Marley Photography 26
    Marley Photography 27
    Marley Photography 28
    Marley Photography 29

Ariel · Married on 03/25/2018

When finding Rhett Marley featured on TheKnot.com and looking through his portfolio we knew right away that we found our wedding photographer. I myself loved how genuine and inviting Rhett seemed during his bio video! Contacting and staying in touch with him was super easy, he’s also very flexible! Rhett was informative and helpful from the first time meeting with him. The whole process was a breeze and he made it so much fun! The wedding day was organized and not rushed at all, he made sure we were comfortable and was very adjustable if we had any last minute changes. Even when the weather was acting up and we couldn’t get the sunset shots we wanted, he made a way to capture beautiful pictures with the landscape around us. I’ve gotten so many compliments from people who weren’t even at our wedding mentioning they felt as if they were actually there just by how perfect every picture was captured. Rhett exceeded our expectations as a photographer and made our vision for our wedding come to life and MORE! We were definitely blessed to have this man as our wedding photographer and I can’t wait to see what else we have in store together, we’ve found our family photographer for sure!!

Sent on 04/25/2018
    Marley Photography 37
    Marley Photography 38
    Marley Photography 39

Devon · Married on 10/28/2017

For me the photos were one of the most important aspects of our wedding day since they stay with you long after the cake is gone. However, we didn’t want to spend the fortune that some photographers in Charleston charge. We were so lucky to find Rhett. He’s a fantastic photographer, he’s so personable and makes everyone feel at ease, which leads to great photos. I had an extremely detailed shot list and plan for the day and he completely nailed it! The day of our wedding also presented a huge challenge since we had pretty much every type of weather imaginable: partly cloudy, blazing sunshine, pouring rain, and a glorious sunset. It felt like we were giving him a photography pop quiz to make sure he could capture moments in all those different settings and he aced it!
    He was also great with communicating before and after the wedding. We were able to work out a schedule and he even volunteered to come 30 minutes early to ensure we had time to get all of the shots I requested. We got our photos back about two weeks after the wedding, just as we were returning from our honeymoon (We had our photos back weeks before someone else I know who had gotten married a few weeks before us).
    The website he uses makes it incredibly easy to download all the photos and also to share with family. And Rhett was extremely helpful in quickly doing a few photo touchups I requested for the shots that we plan to blow up to hang on the walls.
    Overall, I feel extremely lucky to have found Rhett to help document our wedding day with his beautiful photographs!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Marley Photography 40
    Marley Photography 41

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2017

Rhett was my wedding photographer and I couldn't recommend him enough. He is a very relaxed guy - which is great because I was beyond stressed on my wedding day. He was professional and attentive to my needs the entire day. Rhett returned our photos edited in 2 weeks and the photos are stunning!!! Looking back on all of the planning for my wedding day, hiring Marley Photography was my best decision of all. Thank you Rhett!!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Marissa · Married on 06/05/2017

WOW- We are absolutely blown away by these pictures!! Rhett did a fantastic job and I cannot thank him enough!! We are just at a total loss for words when it comes to how excited we are about them! They're just so much more than we could’ve ever imagined!! I don't know that we could ever thank him enough- he's incredibly talented and such a joy to work with.

I hope we have the chance to work with him again in the future!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Michelle · Married on 06/03/2017

Rhett was our photographer and he was simply amazing! He was so friendly and very easy to work with. He contacted me several times to be sure we were on the same page for my wedding day. I was able to give him a list of all the pics we wanted and he captured them all. We just received all the pictures (over 600!!) and they turned out to be stunning! Very quick turnaround to receive the pics too which we were happy with as we were anxious to see them :) I would highly highly recommend Marley Photography to anyone in Charleston! I think they were just voted the best from the knot.com and after working with him, it's easy to see why!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Melanie · Married on 04/22/2017

We hired Rhett as our photographer for our Earth Day Wedding in April 2017, and would highly recommend him for any wedding or other special event. Not only did he capture our vision perfectly, but his energy and excitement only added to the amazing experience we had with him. He has an eye for color and beauty. His photographs brought tears to our eyes, and each one was more beautiful than the last. I cannot say enough about Rhett, but if for a moment you second guess hiring him...DONT! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Elisabeth · Married on 03/17/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Rhett as a person and his photography. He made everyone completely comfortable and guided us while he was taking photos. My bridesmaids absolutely loved Rhett and tried to get him in pictures too. He was kind and calm, but also made sure everyone was on time and doing what they were supposed to be doing. It was a cloudy day, but somehow he made the pictures look like it was sunny?? He does phenomenal work. Rhett managed to capture the very essence of us as a couple, our wedding itself, each person in the bridal party, and the attendees. That was exactly what I wanted. Nothing was posed or awkward. Also, he is so incredibly reasonably priced. We should’ve paid three times as much as we did for his work. But for a bride on a small budget, Rhett was a godsend. Go book him right now!!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Kayla · Married on 02/25/2017

I know rating 5/5 for everything may seem ridiculous, but honestly we feel that Marley Photography was all 5's all around. And if there was a category for Personality - we'd rate that a 5 as well. Rhett fit so perfectly with our wedding and was a joy to have around for the day. Choosing a photographer can be hard, but his portfolio left an impression and he was very open about pricing online. After communicating via email and phone, we knew our decision! Rhett is so easy to work with, very easy going and flexible. He arrived early to our wedding, independently taking shots before, during, and after. He captured all of the moments we requested and even some that we hadn't planned. And it seems like he was great at appearing right when a photo moment was about to happen. We are especially glad that he put up with our large wedding party :) They were a bit rowdy, but we all had a great time with the shots. Highly recommend Marley photography for any event, not just weddings!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Shelly · Married on 10/21/2016

AMAZING photographer!! Did my bridals and wedding! So professional and very experienced! Had great ideas but also let us choose pics/poses we wanted. So great the entire day of our wedding and very attentive to our needs! Captured our day beautifully! Use Rhett Marley!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Kaila · Married on 08/12/2016

BOOK RHETT NOW!!! He is absolutely wonderful to work with and our photos are beautiful! The original photographer we had booked, vanished 2 weeks before our wedding with our money. Rhett stepped in and saved the day last minute and we couldn't be more happy that he did! My husband and I live in Northern Virginia and we planned our wedding from there. Working with Rhett was very simple and easy. If you are looking for a photographer for your big day, do not hesitate booking him! I would recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kaila for the kind review! I was honored to come in at the last minute and be your wedding photographer out at Magnolia Plantation! I wish you and Josh the best in your marriage! :)

Stephanie · Married on 07/29/2016

Where do I even begin? How about with AMAZING! I planned my wedding from out of town so it was a bit stressful trying to pick vendors without being able to meet with them face to face. I picked Rhett for a few reasons but the number one driving force was his past rave reviews. Rhett has the knack to not only be able to be professional but also to form a real connection very quickly with his subjects. I feel kind of weird about getting my picture taken (and a lot of them at that) but Rhett was able to put me at ease and even made it fun! When we got our digital gallery we were so very impressed and fully happy with how many great moments he captured. I had one shot in mind that was my must have and the picture came out well beyond my expectations. We’ve been told that it looked like it was out of a magazine and I would agree! You will not go wrong with picking Marley Photography. We hope we get a chance to work with him again. Thank you Rhett for being such a key part of our wedding day!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! I truly had a blast getting to know you and Shawn. Your wedding was stunning out at Faber No. 5. I am so glad that you are in love with your pineapple fountain picture! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for me! :)

Shiquita · Married on 11/14/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Marley Photography! We had the pleasure of shooting our engagement and wedding photos (bundled at one incredibly reasonable price) with Rhett! He was so accommodating, taking us to some of the most beautiful sites in downtown Charleston and the surrounding area for our engagement shoot! He took his time to ensure that our photos would turn out amazing. And amazing they were! Not only were the photos beautiful, but he returned them fully edited to us in no time! When it was time for our wedding 5 months later, we were met with same level of attentiveness. Rhett spent the entire day with us capturing images of one of the most important days of our lives. He not only captured images of my husband and I throughout the day, but also of our families and friends. If he got wind of a group taking cell phones pics, he was right there getting professional quality pictures! We couldn't have found a better match in photographer for us if we tried! Thank you, Rhett! We look forward to working with you again!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you Shiquita! It was such an honor to meet you and Doug! I look forward to taking more pictures as your family begins to grow! :)

Ashlee · Married on 04/18/2015

Marley Photography was amazing! My husband and I had a small wedding- and we really wanted to have "moments" captured- and Rhett did just that! The photos are stunning.

Not only are the photos amazing but working with Rhett was a joy. He is very professional, organized, and takes the role in your wedding seriously. I can't tell you how many compliments we've gotten on the photos and on him as a professional.

In addition to the photos they also did a wonderful video that my husband and I will cherish for years to come. They even had a "bloopers" reel at the end-hilarious!

Thanks again Marley Photography! You captured our day perfectly and we can't say thank you enough!!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ashlee! I had such a great time working with you and Brad. Your family is so sweet! Thanks again for the opportunity to capture such an important moment in your life!

Randi · Married on 11/11/2014

Rhett was fantastic!! He understood exactly what we wanted! He worked really well with our children too and that made me feel good. He was so nice. We were all relaxed and my husband hates having his picture taken. We plan to have more pictures taken by Rhett! Our pictures turned out beautifully!!! I can't wait to show them off!!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Randi! :)

Holly · Married on 08/10/2014

Finding a professional yet fun photographer for our wedding was in our top 3 priorities. We were working with a budget and finding it impossible to find an affordable professional. I was ready to hire a friend and pray for the best when we found Marley Photography. They were our answer to that priority and quickly became like family on our day. Rhett was very detailed in finding out what professional yet fun meant to us. He learned our story and values. My husband, our family, our friends, and I felt at ease with Rhett.

It rained on our day. I mean build an ark, it flooded kind of rain. The wedding was moved inside back to outside multiple times. Rhett captured all the moments and helped us come up with creative photos despite the down-pour. Some of the best photos of our day were because the rain and Rhett's willingness to follow us around in rain boots, telling us to grab umbrellas, and enjoying the moments with us.

Rhett learned who we were and capture what was precious to us. We highly recommend Marley Photography for your treasured moments.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you Holly! Your review brought back so many memories from your wedding day. Haha! The rain was the worst, but you and David continued to smile and enjoy every moment as if the sun was shining bright. I could see that the love was deep between the two of you and rain was not going to keep you from smiling on your wedding day! As a photographer, it was such a joy capturing the moment as it all unfolded. Thanks again for your kind review! :)

Chelsay · Married on 04/19/2014

My husband and I searched high and low to find an affordable, reliable but fun photographer in the Charleston area for our wedding but, we kept running into dead ends. Then, we came across Marley Photography!! We were shocked at how affordable and professional Rhett was. I could not have chosen a better photographer to capture such a meaningful time in our lives. I told Rhett exactly what I had in mind and he did everything plus more! We are absolutely blown away by our engagement and wedding photos. We cannont thank Marley Photographe enough for making our day truly special and capturing it in some amazing photos!! Thank you again!
    Mr. and Mrs. Pitts
    4-19-14

Sent on 12/18/2014

Marley Photography's reply:

Thank you Josh & Chelsay! It was a joy taking your engagement and wedding photos! :)