Mark Federighi Photography Reviews

Mark Federighi Photography 5
Mark Federighi Photography 6
Mark Federighi Photography 7

Gabrielle · Married on 06/09/2018

We recently hired Mark to be our wedding photographer this passed June and couldn’t have been more pleased. His artistic approach to photography produced exceptional shots that are in no way cookie cutter. Mark was extremely calm and easy going the day of which was much appreciated. It rained and even hailed on our wedding day and he had no problem laying on the wet ground at one point to get the perfect angle during our outdoor photos. My husband and I are so grateful to have these beautiful photos to look back on. He really captured the sheer joy that we and all of our guests felt that day. We would absolutely recommend him!

Mark Federighi Photography 8
    Mark Federighi Photography 9
    Mark Federighi Photography 10
    Mark Federighi Photography 11

Janessa · Married on 11/04/2017

I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll start right away with a bold—but very true—statement: Mark Federighi was the best money we spent on our entire wedding. HIRE. THIS. MAN.

My husband and I both agree. Our best planning decision wasn't the venue, or the food, or the flowers (though all those things were great), it was Mark.

He was a joy to be around (which is HUGE for wedding photography...the last thing you need on such a hectic, awesome day, is a real jerk shoving a camera in your face!) from the very beginning. I'll always love the memory of realizing I didn't have a ride to my OWN wedding, and Mark just going "well, I have a car!" and helping me pile myself and my giant dress into his front seat. He's easygoing, helpful, hilarious in the most subtle and fantastic way, and OH MY GOD HOW THE HELL DID HE GET ALL THESE AMAZING PHOTOS?!? Is he actually 7 incredibly talented people?!? WTF?!?

Even the parts of the day that felt rushed and stressful (family photos, anyone?) were captured in the best way. Every goofy, adorable thing the flower girl did. Every sweet glance between my husband and I. Every funny thing that happened on the dance floor. Quiet moments between guests at dinner. He captured it all so, so beautifully. He even captured me holding my baby nephew for the first time, although we didn't tell him or summon him or even think of it ourselves. We were blown away, and still can't stop going through all of these photos. We'll have a 1,000 page wedding album because they're all too good.

Mark, thank you so much for everything. Marrying Chuck was the best thing I've ever done, and the fact that you immortalized it in the most beautiful photos I've ever seen makes me eternally grateful to you! We'll never need another photographer for all our family events. You're it.

Mark Federighi Photography 12
    Mark Federighi Photography 19
    Mark Federighi Photography 20
    Mark Federighi Photography 21

Valerie · Married on 09/30/2017

Mark photographed our wedding in Portland, OR in September and we could not have been happier with our experience with him! He was so easy to work with and really adapted to our personalities and expectations for photographing the wedding and had great visions for beautiful shots of the two of us. I really never expected that we could be so happy with every single photo that he took when we went through the list. He captured the joy of the day so so perfectly. I can't wait until I have someone close to me getting married so I can recommend him!!! - Val & Billy

Mark Federighi Photography 22
    Mark Federighi Photography 23

Anna · Married on 09/02/2017

Mark is an amazing photographer. Every time I look at the pictures he captured on our day, I am at awe in the way he was able to bring out the beauty in our surroundings. He was very timely, responsive and we had no issues with coordination. He was great at helping arrange ourselves in the scene for photos that were not posed and that were natural. I am so thankful he fly out to our wedding in door county in Wisconsin! He was a great leader on the day of, and I even saw the camera crew coping on some of his great ideas! :) Thank you Mark!

Mark Federighi Photography 24
    Mark Federighi Photography 30
    Mark Federighi Photography 31
    Mark Federighi Photography 32

Mary · Married on 08/12/2017

We chose Mark because his photos evoke emotion... they are worth MORE than a thousand words! The day of the wedding, Mark was professional and extremely flexible. He even calmed down the stressed bride! His communication is prompt and respectful. His work is impressive, we couldn’t be happier.

Diana · Married on 08/05/2017

Mark was such a great person to have shoot our wedding. Not only did we feel so comfortable around him, but we barely knew he was there — in the best way! We are both photographers ourselves, so we are aware of the path and flow that most photographers take on a wedding day and he was almost invisible to us, capturing our day as it unfolded naturally. We trusted him to capture all the memorable moments, and then some, and did a fantastic job.
    We made time for a first look, we picked out a location ahead of time, and Mark helped execute that special moment flawlessly. The day went off with out a hitch and Mark flowed right along side us. I would highly recommend him to document your wedding day — not only is he the nicest guy, but he is easy to work with and so accommodating. I’d hire him again in a heartbeat!

Mark Federighi Photography 33
    Mark Federighi Photography 40
    Mark Federighi Photography 41
    Mark Federighi Photography 42

Alex · Married on 07/29/2017

My partner and I came across some photos that Mark took at the reception venue we booked and knew instantly that we wanted him to take our wedding pictures. He's an incredibly talented photographer with a great eye for catching candid moments. He creates a collection of pictures that feel truly personal and unique. The framing of the photos was always great, but what jumped out to us about his photography was the striking balance of light and color. However he's doing it, Mark finds a way to capture color in the most beautiful way. You can really feel the warmth of the day.

Mark is also a real pleasure to work with. He's easygoing and fun to talk to, but also very professional and reliable. He made us feel completely relaxed and managed to be almost invisible as he captured some beautiful and intimate moments. He even jumped on the ferris wheel to take some incredible shots of us from above!

Looking at these pictures will bring us joy for many years to come, thanks so much Mark!

Mark Federighi Photography 43

Darcie · Married on 05/21/2017

I chose Mark to photograph my wedding before I was even engaged! I have always admired his work, and was completely honored to have him travel to photograph my wedding at a brewery in Chicago. He was extremely professional, and was wonderful at reeling everyone in for the photos that we had requested in advance. We chose him for his journalistic and candid style. We had a couple sessions throughout the night of posed photos, but the bulk of it were candid shots which are surely my favorite --- he captured so many emotions in such a creative way. I highly recommend Mark. He delivered the photos within the time-frame he quoted, and provided us with a password-encrypted online gallery to share with our family. I can't wait to have him photograph our 10 year anniversay party ;-)

Mark Federighi Photography 44
    Mark Federighi Photography 52
    Mark Federighi Photography 53
  • O

Orli · Married on 02/04/2017

Mark is so amazingly talented! He shot my sisters wedding and when it was my turn to get married I knew I wanted him. So much so that we flew him out from Portland OR to Chicago to capture our special day. He is personable and flexible, he listened to what we wanted and gave us great suggestions. He turned the edited pictures around so quickly and I am floored by every single one. He has a great eye. So happy with our choice to use Mark. I highly recommend him!

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2016

Mark is beyond talented, professional and personal. He has a gift of capturing a couple's true essence, with unique and artistic grace. He did photographs for both our engagement and wedding. We can't wait to enlist his mad skills again, maybe if we have a baby ;)

• W

Wendi · Married on 09/16/2016

When considering the photography style for our wedding, we decided that we wanted beautiful pictures that captured our personalities and the emotions of our special day. We also wanted them to be unique and artisitic. After reviewing the work of Mark Federighi, we had no doubt that he was the photographer for us!

On the day of our wedding, his calm demeanor was an asset during all of the excitement. We did not have a day of consultant so there wasn't anyone really overseeing the vendors. He made his way to the different locations we had arranged without prompting from anyone which was very helpful to this bride! He quietly went about his work and was very stealth in getting amazing candid shots of us, our families and other guests. We were amazed at how he was able to capture so many special moments from our day without us knowing it!

Your wedding day goes by so fast and we believe now more than ever that the investment in your photographer is one of the most important considerations. When we saw the collection of photos that Mark produced, we were blown away at how amazing they were. We were so thrilled that we could relive our special day over and over for the rest of our lives through these beautiful photos. We will definitely treasure them!

Mark is super talented and great to work with! We recommend anyone looking for a wedding photographer to check out his work and book him!

David · Married on 09/10/2016

I was adamantly against taking engagement photos. My fiancé, Katie, persuaded me. Mark Federighi made it worthwhile. (And yeah, being with the love of my life was nice, too. But this is about Mark.) That was in December 2015. Then he moved across the country. But he was back in the midwest for our wedding in September 2016.

Mark was great. More than great. He captured everything exactly as it happened and brought out emotions that were happening deep within us, way down below the skin, barely peeking out through the whites of our eyes. That's how good he is. And best of all, he kept the conversation normal as he and I headed out to meet Katie for our first look photos. As much as I was against engagement photos, I was against first look photos even more. Mark knew this. I was about to be married and I was stuck somewhere between terrified, in love and numb. And then I had to go take these stupid staged photos. But Mark kept things cool. And the first look photos don't look stupid or staged. It's in those photos that Mark captured those deep down emotions best. Looking at them now, I only look in love. Fear be damned.

Mark was, perhaps, the only part of the wedding Katie didn't once feel any stress about. And to me, that's the most important thing he was able to do.

Grant · Married on 06/04/2016

After weeks of scouring the Portland area for a wedding photographer with a genuinely unique style and point of view, Mark Federighi's photography stood out like no other. So, we contacted him with info about our wedding day and a scheduled a meeting. When we met, not only did his relaxed and professional demeanor give us confidence in our choice, but Mark had already scouted the wedding day locations and taken beautiful sample shots to help us visualize his ideas. This sealed the deal for us.

The day of the wedding, he came in like a photo-ninja and was able to capture so many of the amazing moments, people and places that made the day so special, All in a very respectful and stealthy manner. He made quick work of the family portraits and had a great plan for shooting our couples shots and the reception.

Once we received the final images, reliving our special day through Mark's eye was nothing short of a magical experience. We cannot say enough great things about Mark. A true professional in a sea of amateurs. He is the wedding photographer you want.

• I

Ignacia · Married on 06/04/2016

Mark took pictures for our wedding in Chicago last year and we had an amazing experience. It was a pleasure to talk to him, things were always easy, and he took excellent pictures documenting the whole wedding. The pictures really capture the day well and are beautiful. We would definitely recommend him to other couples. Thanks!

Joshua · Married on 01/17/2016

We were lucky enough to have Mark travel with us to photograph our destination wedding in Vieques, Puerto Rico. To say he went beyond the call of duty would be an understatement. He was game for trekking around the island for our portraits, adventuring into abandoned buildings, dense jungle, and the waters of the Caribbean - all to get the perfect shot. He was steadying and experienced presence as we prepared for and enjoyed our big day - Mark is, without a doubt, a true wedding professional.

We were thrilled with the portraits and the photos of the ceremony and reception. Mark's visual style is elegant, vibrant and hip, without being pretentious. We love it, and we love him.

Ashlei · Married on 09/19/2015

Mark was wonderful! He was by far our top "vendor" for our wedding. Not only was he super helpful and informative when it came to our engagement and wedding photos but he was also full of suggestions for other aspects of our wedding as well. He was the calm amongst the craziness that can be wedding planning - especially the day of. We were running behind schedule taking family and wedding party photos, I was losing steam trying to direct people, so Mark thankfully stepped in and took the reins and we breezed through the rest of the photos.

I absolutely love his ability to capture moments exactly as they're happening without you ever noticing he was there. He has a real eye for snapping those more intimate moments between friends and family, which I believe give a fuller picture of the entire day. He's simply the best!

• abbaker578

Allison · Married on 07/11/2015

We knew we didn't want a bunch of "posey" wedding photos, so we specifically looked for a vendor with a photojournalist style. Mark's stunning portfolio immediately caught our eye, and when we met him at a wedding expo, we booked him almost immediately! He's really laid back and SO easy to work with. He met with us before the wedding to get a feel of our style and personalities; I gave him a short list of "must-have" photos and gave him free rein with the rest... we just got our photos back and are THRILLED with how they turned out! He's got such an artistic eye and was able to capture certain moments and details that might have otherwise gone unnoticed. Our only complaint is that we're having a hard time deciding which photos to print-- they're all so good! Thank you, Mark, for working so hard to capture the beauty of the day (in spite of the rain)!

Derek · Married on 07/03/2015

Mark was recommended to us by a friend. From start to finish, working with him was great.

Prior to the 'big day', he was ultra-responsive, easy to work with, professional (but not, like, stuffy or anything - just a really nice and genuine dude) and a great sounding board for constructing our timeline and getting all the little details ready.

Day of, he was prompt, brought a great positive energy (you can tell he really loves his job!) and struck the perfect balance of being assertive when necessary to get the right shot, but laid back enough that it didn't feel like he was dictating every ebb and flow of the day.

We just got our photos back and couldn't be happier. We love his style - crisp, clean, beautiful arrangements. Nothing is over-processed and his best shots look so natural and unforced, but always with a healthy dose of elegance and charm.

Veronica · Married on 06/26/2015

Mark was very flexible before and on our wedding day. On the day of our wedding he was a rockstar. He arrived early and found different locations for us to show you our first luck and other photos. It was raining on the day of her wedding and therefore we were not able to go to all of our location but we still were left work I'm really great photographs. He ended up staying at our event a little bit later despite not needing to in order to capture some great moment. After our wedding he scouted out locations in Logan Square neighborhood for double exposure pictures at the locations we didnt get to go to during our actually wedding. We ended up with beautiful photos from our favorite neighborhood spots and our wedding.

Laura · Married on 06/20/2015

When we were looking for a photographer for our wedding we kept looking for "works of art that we happen to be in," Mark delivered that and so much more! From mixing our love of city and nature, to providing jokes when we needed them he really was wonderful. As the wedding approached he was always available for any questions we had. And as for the wedding day, he made sure not only we got what we wanted but our families did as well. It's great to feel like we didn't just get a wedding photographer but a friend! He will forever be our go to guy!

Mark is very talented and professional when he worked with us. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of our engagement and wedding photos! I would highly recommend Mark to anyone seeking a wedding photographer.