Mark Diamond Music Reviews

28 Reviews for Mark Diamond Music

Mark Diamond Music 1
Mark Diamond Music 2

Nancy · event on 11/01/2014

The Fire Ball was an event to celebrate and raise funds for our non-profit. We could not have found a better band. Everyone loved the music, danced, loved the evening and Mark Diamond was a dream to work with. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Peggy · Married on 10/18/2014

My guests remarked that the music was perfect for an afternoon celebration. Mark Diamond worked to create the perfect combination of the very best and talented musicians based on the atmosphere that I wanted to create. Mark listens and customizes the music based on the request of the client. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and would highly recommend Mark for all types of events. He will make it happens and I promise you will be thrilled.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Dan · event on 10/12/2014

Mark Diamond is one of the busiest and best musicians in Colorado. He has hosted Jazz Jams and Blues Jams for our club for many years and has played here with many performers. We have over 250 nights of live music a year at our place, and when other musicians talk about the best bass players in the business, Mark's name is always at the
    top of the list!

Beverly · Married on 10/12/2014

I have worked with Mark Diamond on NUMEROUS occasions through my years at the Hotel Boulderado. Mark began the "Jazz Showcase" back in 1982 and he always brought in a great crowd. I was a cocktail waitress back then, and it was always so much fun to have his group perform on the nights that I worked.

From 1995 - 2005, I was selling wedding receptions and other social functions for the Hotel Boulderado. My colleagues and I referred Mark to many of our clients based on our great working relationship, and our clients were always pleased with his services.

From 2006 through 2011, I was responsible for hiring bands for special events that we hosted at The Boulderado. I frequently hired Mark, because he has the great capability of putting together ALL KINDS of bands in which he plays the upright bass. You can always count on Mark for good communication, a fair price, honesty, integrity, professionalism, and a fun time. He offers a wide variety in genres of music, and we have hired him for everything from Irish-Celtic for the St. Patrick's Day event to big band swing and Frank Sinatra style music for our New Year's Eve Gala Ball. His band members are always respectable and they dress appropriately for the occasion, which I presume is directed through Mark's communication with his colleagues.

I highly recommend Mark and I have the utmost respect for him.

Beverly Silva
    Director of Business Development, The Hotel Boulderado

lee · Married on 10/11/2014

We absolutely loved Mark Diamond and his band! The music was awesome, the songs played were so appropriate for the group and I hope we have occasions to hire this band many times in the future! You won't be disappointed!

Susan · event on 10/10/2014

Mark Diamond coordinates Milestone and a few other bands. He was very helpful in planning my husband's 50th birthday celebration. The band will learn up 2 new songs at your request which they performed wonderfully. The evening ran very smoothly and every guest commented on how great the band was. They were fantastic!!! I highly recommend them for any function, party or celebration!

Karen · event on 10/03/2014

Our event was a community concert and not listed on the drop down box.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Dear Mark, I wanted to take the time to tell you how perfect the band was on my daughter's special day. Your expertise and advice in planing many of the wedding details was invaluable, and really helped the ceremony and reception go perfectly. You have obviously done this a time or two : ) The music was incredible and everyone commented on how good you were. Your energy as an MC for the first dance and cake cutting really made everyone feel comfortable and my daughter said you and your band were one of the best parts of the wedding. The fact that you all learned their special song meant a lot. I would highly recommend you for any event. Thanks so much!

Sent on 10/05/2014
  • User4514390 · event on 08/28/2014

Thanks to the band we had a fabulous party! People are still commenting on how great the band was.
    Many thanks.

Pie · event on 08/23/2014

Mark Diamond was very easy to work with in setting up our non profit event. during the outside event the wind came and blew away our music tent and Mark and his band were very flexible with finding new space!!!!!!!

The guests loved dancing to his music. It was very special. I've hired his band in the past and would gladly do it again in the future

Sent on 10/28/2014

David · Married on 08/10/2014

Mark helped us through the reception planning with great suggestions. the music was a pleasure to listen too. Many compliments from our guests!
    Mark was also great at directing the flow of the reception from dinner to dancing it all went smoothly.

Guy · event on 07/20/2014

With 80 of my clients and their families, ages ranging between 25 to 85, music and entertainment are crucial in keeping the atmosphere lively.
    Mark and his band were really prepared with a great playlist. They also took requests and amazingly played a set based on my favorite albums they found displayed on my living room wall.
    My annual parties have become a tradition my clients look forward to, partly thanks to Mark and his band. Love these guys!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Monica · event on 07/19/2014

Mark Diamond has many different band configurations. We hired The Mark Diamond, Ed Edwards Duo after hearing them play at another venue. We knew right away they would be perfect for our party. The cool vibe old standard and classic rock tunes take on when they are played by a stand up bass and guitar is really terrific. Song selections were fun and included tunes by Elton John, Allman Brothers and David Bowie. Our guests loved their music and talked about it for weeks!

Our party was the third event these gentlemen played that day yet they arrived promptly, in good humor, and showed no signs of being the least bit tired. Mark was always polite and responsive when I contacted him. I'd definitely hire them again.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Ricardo · event on 07/14/2014

Mark is the consummate professional. In addition to his top-notch skills as a bassist, he communicates early and often with the organizer and really takes to heart the importance of the event, never phoning it in.

Kevin · Married on 07/05/2014

Wonderful music for our outdoor wedding. Made my wife very happy with their rendition of her "non-traditional" processional.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Teri · event on 06/29/2014

Mark Diamond has provided bands for the Donkey Creek Festival for several years. We have worked with Big Swing Trio, Purple Squirrel, and Los Bohemios and have found all groups to provide wonderful music.

• User4514653 · event on 06/28/2014

Mark and all the band members are very cordial and willing to do anything to make the event special.

Annalise · Married on 06/14/2014

Mark Diamond Music is the most incredibly talented group of artists that not only provides quality service, but creates an atmosphere that is exceptionally fun! There wasn't a soul at our wedding that could keep themselves off of the dance floor! I can honestly say that Mark Diamond Music made our reception party unforgettable, giving us our "once in a lifetime" day. They were so wonderful, in face, that guests at the wedding were asking how to hire them!! Mark is also extremely easy to work with. He gave us all we wanted and more: song requests, brilliant play list to thrill each and every guest no matter their age, as well as being extremely welcoming and accepting of some last minute changes. Mark Diamond Music made our party what is was; a joyous celebration of music, dancing, laughter, and love. The perfect band for anyone's perfect day!

Sent on 10/31/2014
  • W

Wesley · Married on 05/31/2014

We worked with Mark on our wedding, and have nothing but positive feedback for him and his group. Mark provided an excellent 5 piece band for the event, and we had a 2 piece breakout for the wedding itself. Mark was extremely professional, very knowledgeable about weddings and provided an excellent partnership for our big day. We were, and still are so pleased with the talent, authenticity and professionalism of Mark and his band.

terry · event on 04/12/2014

mark has played at community food share galas for many years; guests, staff, and guild alike always choose them to play. for many years they did the jazz combo at the cocktail hour; this year they played for that and then a larger group for the after dinner dancing - really over the top. Mark is always very aware that we are a nonprofit and helps us out with cost. I can't recommend him enough - professional, talented, involved.

Sent on 10/30/2014

I brought they stand to San Diego for my wedding after hearing them at a holiday party in Boulder CO. Very deep and wide playbook from jazz to latin, to R and B and 60's rock. Super friendly and professional and extremely tight sound.

dave · Married on 09/14/2013

I have used The Mark Diamond Band in many iterations for over 25 years for restaurant and bar gigs, holiday celebrations and company parties. He is the consummate professional and is always easy going, congenial and smiling. But he blew the top off the cake when we hired Mark and the band to play our wedding in the woods of Northern Michigan. He and his crew were extremely professional, extremely thorough with travel details and total pro before, during and after. Mark is the man about details, amazingly polite and easy going, and can throw down on that bass when the amp gets turned on. His music and set list for our reception had everyone on the floor dancing from the first song to the last. Funk, jazz, NoLa groove, whatever you need he can create a memory for your special event that will have your guests dancing in the their seats and your grandma shaking her money maker like only grandpa can remember.

If the Talking Heads, Lake Street Dive and The Stones are booked, call Mark and the band for your live music needs. You will be very happy with that decision. Dave Query, Boulder, Co.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Matt · Married on 08/12/2006

The music for our wedding ceremony was very important to us, and I had fixed my mind upon a jazz substitution for the usual classical music. After a good bit of research we were sure that Mark's band would be perfect. They were great to work with in choosing the appropriate songs, figuring out logistics, etc. And during the setup for the ceremony, they were bright spots among the hustle and bustle - incredibly warm, friendly and accommodating.

But it was the ceremony itself that really blew me away. As we walked down the aisle to "My One and Only Love," and it gave me goosebumps. Once I was installed in place up front, looking out at my family and friends, a few beats went by and I looked over at Mark on the bass, who gave me a wink and a smile and with that, they moved into "There Is No Greater Love" as my wife started walking down the aisle. It was a truly perfect moment, and I will never forget it.

It's not often in life that things turn out just the way you hoped they would, and when they do (and even surpass your hopes), it's quite a powerful experience. Mark's music, and the feel his band lent to it and the event, were an integral part of that.

Lola Higbie / · event on 11/01/2014

Mark Diamond and his Milestone Band played two sets for a fundraiser event. They were personal and professional to work with. Many attendees complimented us on our Band choice and were eager to gain more information about them.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Julie · event on 03/08/2014

I would recommend this band at any event. Great to work with and great music.