28 Reviews for Mark Diamond Music

User Photos
todo alt text
todo alt text
14 Mark Diamond Music Reviews

Classy & talented — thank you to Mark Diamond for curating the perfect band and to Mark, Robert Johnson, and the Boulder Blues for playing at our wedding at Devil’s Thumb!

Photo for Mark Diamond Music Review - Photo by Jason Bach, The Photogenic Lab
Photo for Mark Diamond Music Review - Photo by Jason Bach, The Photogenic Lab
Profile Picture Caroline, 8/20/17, 8 Reviews
3.6

There music is nice but they like to create the playlist. Not a good band if you have very specific songs you want to hear. There was also a lot of time between each song and therefore people sat down and did not dance as much as I had hoped. Marc Diamond is responsive to emails and put a lot of effort into getting our business. Professional and nice to listen to.

Profile Picture phyli, 11/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

My guests remarked that the music was perfect for an afternoon celebration. Mark Diamond worked to create the perfect combination of the very best and talented musicians based on the atmosphere that I wanted to create. Mark listens and customizes the music based on the request of the client. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and would highly recommend Mark for all types of events. He will make it happens and I promise you will be thrilled.

Profile Picture Peggy, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I have worked with Mark Diamond on NUMEROUS occasions through my years at the Hotel Boulderado. Mark began the "Jazz Showcase" back in 1982 and he always brought in a great crowd. I was a cocktail waitress back then, and it was always so much fun to have his group perform on the nights that I worked.

From 1995 - 2005, I was selling wedding receptions and other social functions for the Hotel Boulderado. My colleagues and I referred Mark to many of our clients based on our great working relationship, and our clients were always pleased with his services.

From 2006 through 2011, I was responsible for hiring bands for special events that we hosted at The Boulderado. I frequently hired Mark, because he has the great capability of putting together ALL KINDS of bands in which he plays the upright bass. You can always count on Mark for good communication, a fair price, honesty, integrity, professionalism, and a fun time. He offers a wide variety in genres of music, and we have hired him for everything from Irish-Celtic for the St. Patrick's Day event to big band swing and Frank Sinatra style music for our New Year's Eve Gala Ball. His band members are always respectable and they dress appropriately for the occasion, which I presume is directed through Mark's communication with his colleagues.

I highly recommend Mark and I have the utmost respect for him.

Beverly Silva
Director of Business Development, The Hotel Boulderado

Profile Picture Beverly, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

We absolutely loved Mark Diamond and his band! The music was awesome, the songs played were so appropriate for the group and I hope we have occasions to hire this band many times in the future! You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture lee, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Dear Mark, I wanted to take the time to tell you how perfect the band was on my daughter's special day. Your expertise and advice in planing many of the wedding details was invaluable, and really helped the ceremony and reception go perfectly. You have obviously done this a time or two : ) The music was incredible and everyone commented on how good you were. Your energy as an MC for the first dance and cake cutting really made everyone feel comfortable and my daughter said you and your band were one of the best parts of the wedding. The fact that you all learned their special song meant a lot. I would highly recommend you for any event. Thanks so much!

Profile Picture User3648425, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Mark helped us through the reception planning with great suggestions. the music was a pleasure to listen too. Many compliments from our guests!
Mark was also great at directing the flow of the reception from dinner to dancing it all went smoothly.

Profile Picture David, 8/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Wonderful music for our outdoor wedding. Made my wife very happy with their rendition of her "non-traditional" processional.

Profile Picture Kevin, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Mark Diamond Music is the most incredibly talented group of artists that not only provides quality service, but creates an atmosphere that is exceptionally fun! There wasn't a soul at our wedding that could keep themselves off of the dance floor! I can honestly say that Mark Diamond Music made our reception party unforgettable, giving us our "once in a lifetime" day. They were so wonderful, in face, that guests at the wedding were asking how to hire them!! Mark is also extremely easy to work with. He gave us all we wanted and more: song requests, brilliant play list to thrill each and every guest no matter their age, as well as being extremely welcoming and accepting of some last minute changes. Mark Diamond Music made our party what is was; a joyous celebration of music, dancing, laughter, and love. The perfect band for anyone's perfect day!

Profile Picture Annalise, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Mark Diamond and his band offer a variety of music, including acoustic music. The venue where I was to have my wedding reception restricted us from having any amplified music since it was outdoors. But with Mark and his band they played very lively music that everyone enjoyed. I would definitely recommend Mark and his band. They were great and if I am to have another big event I would definitely have them play for us again. Thank you Mark for your wonderful services!!

Profile Picture User4518546, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

We worked with Mark on our wedding, and have nothing but positive feedback for him and his group. Mark provided an excellent 5 piece band for the event, and we had a 2 piece breakout for the wedding itself. Mark was extremely professional, very knowledgeable about weddings and provided an excellent partnership for our big day. We were, and still are so pleased with the talent, authenticity and professionalism of Mark and his band.

Profile Picture Wesley, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

I brought they stand to San Diego for my wedding after hearing them at a holiday party in Boulder CO. Very deep and wide playbook from jazz to latin, to R and B and 60's rock. Super friendly and professional and extremely tight sound.

Profile Picture User4497728, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

I have used The Mark Diamond Band in many iterations for over 25 years for restaurant and bar gigs, holiday celebrations and company parties. He is the consummate professional and is always easy going, congenial and smiling. But he blew the top off the cake when we hired Mark and the band to play our wedding in the woods of Northern Michigan. He and his crew were extremely professional, extremely thorough with travel details and total pro before, during and after. Mark is the man about details, amazingly polite and easy going, and can throw down on that bass when the amp gets turned on. His music and set list for our reception had everyone on the floor dancing from the first song to the last. Funk, jazz, NoLa groove, whatever you need he can create a memory for your special event that will have your guests dancing in the their seats and your grandma shaking her money maker like only grandpa can remember.

If the Talking Heads, Lake Street Dive and The Stones are booked, call Mark and the band for your live music needs. You will be very happy with that decision. Dave Query, Boulder, Co.

Profile Picture dave, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

The music for our wedding ceremony was very important to us, and I had fixed my mind upon a jazz substitution for the usual classical music. After a good bit of research we were sure that Mark's band would be perfect. They were great to work with in choosing the appropriate songs, figuring out logistics, etc. And during the setup for the ceremony, they were bright spots among the hustle and bustle - incredibly warm, friendly and accommodating.

But it was the ceremony itself that really blew me away. As we walked down the aisle to "My One and Only Love," and it gave me goosebumps. Once I was installed in place up front, looking out at my family and friends, a few beats went by and I looked over at Mark on the bass, who gave me a wink and a smile and with that, they moved into "There Is No Greater Love" as my wife started walking down the aisle. It was a truly perfect moment, and I will never forget it.

It's not often in life that things turn out just the way you hoped they would, and when they do (and even surpass your hopes), it's quite a powerful experience. Mark's music, and the feel his band lent to it and the event, were an integral part of that.

Profile Picture Matt, 8/12/06, 1 Review