Mark Diamond Music Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Melissa
    Melissa P. Married on 08/13/2021

Look No Further! Mark Diamond Music / The Milestone Band are the best!

My husband and I hired Mark’s musicians and his band, the Milestone (5 piece band), for our wedding in Colorado this past August. Not only did Mark provide the band, The Milestone, for our amazing wedding reception but he also provided musicians for our Ceremony and Cocktail Hour and Mark himself played in all 3 events! Mark is a jack of all trades and I couldn’t imagine working with anyone else on our big day. Not only did we work with Mark to coordinate and manage all 3 events, but he also provided song recommendations, had several planning phone calls with us leading up to our wedding, coordinated a song with my sister as she sang while I walked down the aisle during the ceremony, played in all 3 events, helped MC when the bridal party entered the wedding reception room and passed off the mic in-between speeches during dinner! Mark is very professional, personable, organized, prompt, experienced, wonderful to work with, and is an amazing musician. He made us feel very comfortable from day 1 and instantly earned our trust to perform all music for our wedding. The Milestone were a huge hit at our wedding reception and guests were talking about the band for several days after! The dance floor was packed with friends and family dancing all night and our guests didn’t want the music to end! Mark’s band has over 1,000 songs to choose from, and they even learned 1 new song for our wedding reception which was a blast! In fact, my best friend loved Mark and the band so much that her and her husband booked The Milestone for their wedding in Colorado this April 2022. We are so excited for this wedding and can’t wait to see Mark and The Milestone again! We would highly recommend Mark Diamond Music / The Milestone for any events, especially weddings, as they are the best and Mark is great to work with, so look no further!

Melissa and Chase,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It means a lot to me when the people we play for enjoy the music and are happy with how everything went. That's the goal for sure! On behalf of all of Milestone, much appreciation and take care till next time! Mark
    Daniel W. Married on 06/06/2021

Couldn't have asked for anything better

I don't know how to express how perfect Mark Diamond was for us. The venue we chose was acoustic only, and honestly, I was pretty concerned about how the music would turn out. My wife is not big on dancing/party scene, but part of me was really bummed that we wouldn't have a packed and energetic dance floor. My groomsmen were equally bummed when I told them we would be having an acoustic band. I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG! Mark Diamond and his band absolutely rocked. The dance floor was rocking all night, everyone was signing and dancing as if there was a traditional dj and then some. My friends still won't shut up about the music and how amazing it was, and my best man will forever utter the phrase "I still can't believe how hard that dude on the bass rocked acoustic bohemian rhapsody." Beyond that though, Mark is clearly a very experienced professional. The little touches he added made the night so memorable. The calm and chill energy he brought to EVERY single conversation and interaction made us trust him from day one. He knew when to push on things that would make a real difference and when to go with the flow/our requests. We had a Jewish wedding as well, and Mark and the band can absolutely do an acoustic Horah justice! He cracked jokes, he felt the room and played the right songs at the right time, and he understood exactly what we wanted/always asked the important questions to make sure we were on the exact same page. He was worth every penny and then some. He's one cool cat, and I am beyond grateful that he was part of that magical night.

Mark Diamond Music's reply:

Thank you so much, Daniel! This is the coolest review I have ever gotten, and I appreciate you taking the time to write it! We had such a great time playing for you all and appreciated being a part of your most special day! All my best to you!
    Kaiti D. Married on 09/19/2020

Highlight of the Night

Wow! What a class act. Mark Diamond and the Milestone Band single handedly made our wedding an unforgettable event. They are so versatile, playing Van Morrison during cocktail hour, Miles Davis during dinner and Led Zeppelin during the reception. All our guests commented that the band was the highlight of the night. I would recommend Mark time and time again. Thank you so much!

Mark Diamond Music's reply:

Kaiti and Matt, you guys were fantastic to work with, the wedding was in one of the most amazing places we’ve ever played, and your group of people were wonderful and had great energy! Thanks for having us as a part of your most special day, and I hope to cross paths with you again down the road!
  • Molly
    Molly M. Married on 09/18/2020

Mark Diamond for the WIN!

Mark and his band absolutely crushed it at our wedding. There were some sound restrictions they had to comply with and it was absolutely flawless. The repertoire selection is just as impressive. Mark was nothing but professional and friendly through the headache of wedding planning during a pandemic. Thanks, Mark!

Mark Diamond Music's reply:

Thanks so much, Molly! It was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of your special day! You guys were great to work with and I hope we cross paths again down the road!!!
    Nancy Event on: 11/01/2014
    The Fire Ball was an event to celebrate and raise funds for our non-profit. We could not have found a better band. Everyone loved the music, danced, loved the evening and Mark Diamond was a dream to work with. I would highly recommend them to everyone.
    Peggy Married on 10/18/2014
    My guests remarked that the music was perfect for an afternoon celebration. Mark Diamond worked to create the perfect combination of the very best and talented musicians based on the atmosphere that I wanted to create. Mark listens and customizes the music based on the request of the client. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and would highly recommend Mark for all types of events. He will make it happens and I promise you will be thrilled.
    Beverly Married on 10/12/2014
    I have worked with Mark Diamond on NUMEROUS occasions through my years at the Hotel Boulderado. Mark began the "Jazz Showcase" back in 1982 and he always brought in a great crowd. I was a cocktail waitress back then, and it was always so much fun to have his group perform on the nights that I worked.

From 1995 - 2005, I was selling wedding receptions and other social functions for the Hotel Boulderado. My colleagues and I referred Mark to many of our clients based on our great working relationship, and our clients were always pleased with his services.

From 2006 through 2011, I was responsible for hiring bands for special events that we hosted at The Boulderado. I frequently hired Mark, because he has the great capability of putting together ALL KINDS of bands in which he plays the upright bass. You can always count on Mark for good communication, a fair price, honesty, integrity, professionalism, and a fun time. He offers a wide variety in genres of music, and we have hired him for everything from Irish-Celtic for the St. Patrick's Day event to big band swing and Frank Sinatra style music for our New Year's Eve Gala Ball. His band members are always respectable and they dress appropriately for the occasion, which I presume is directed through Mark's communication with his colleagues.

I highly recommend Mark and I have the utmost respect for him.

Beverly Silva
    Director of Business Development, The Hotel Boulderado

Dan Event on: 10/12/2014
    Mark Diamond is one of the busiest and best musicians in Colorado. He has hosted Jazz Jams and Blues Jams for our club for many years and has played here with many performers. We have over 250 nights of live music a year at our place, and when other musicians talk about the best bass players in the business, Mark's name is always at the
    top of the list!
    Lee Married on 10/11/2014
    We absolutely loved Mark Diamond and his band! The music was awesome, the songs played were so appropriate for the group and I hope we have occasions to hire this band many times in the future! You won't be disappointed!
    Susan Event on: 10/10/2014
    Mark Diamond coordinates Milestone and a few other bands. He was very helpful in planning my husband's 50th birthday celebration. The band will learn up 2 new songs at your request which they performed wonderfully. The evening ran very smoothly and every guest commented on how great the band was. They were fantastic!!! I highly recommend them for any function, party or celebration!
    Karen Event on: 10/03/2014
    Our event was a community concert and not listed on the drop down box.
  • User1845827 2+ years ago
    Dear Mark, I wanted to take the time to tell you how perfect the band was on my daughter's special day. Your expertise and advice in planing many of the wedding details was invaluable, and really helped the ceremony and reception go perfectly. You have obviously done this a time or two : ) The music was incredible and everyone commented on how good you were. Your energy as an MC for the first dance and cake cutting really made everyone feel comfortable and my daughter said you and your band were one of the best parts of the wedding. The fact that you all learned their special song meant a lot. I would highly recommend you for any event. Thanks so much!
  • User1895829 Event on: 08/28/2014
    Thanks to the band we had a fabulous party! People are still commenting on how great the band was.
    Many thanks.
    Pie Event on: 08/23/2014
    Mark Diamond was very easy to work with in setting up our non profit event. during the outside event the wind came and blew away our music tent and Mark and his band were very flexible with finding new space!!!!!!!

The guests loved dancing to his music. It was very special. I've hired his band in the past and would gladly do it again in the future
    David Married on 08/10/2014
    Mark helped us through the reception planning with great suggestions. the music was a pleasure to listen too. Many compliments from our guests!
    Mark was also great at directing the flow of the reception from dinner to dancing it all went smoothly.
    Guy Event on: 07/20/2014
    With 80 of my clients and their families, ages ranging between 25 to 85, music and entertainment are crucial in keeping the atmosphere lively.
    Mark and his band were really prepared with a great playlist. They also took requests and amazingly played a set based on my favorite albums they found displayed on my living room wall.
    My annual parties have become a tradition my clients look forward to, partly thanks to Mark and his band. Love these guys!
    Monica Event on: 07/19/2014
    Mark Diamond has many different band configurations. We hired The Mark Diamond, Ed Edwards Duo after hearing them play at another venue. We knew right away they would be perfect for our party. The cool vibe old standard and classic rock tunes take on when they are played by a stand up bass and guitar is really terrific. Song selections were fun and included tunes by Elton John, Allman Brothers and David Bowie. Our guests loved their music and talked about it for weeks!

Our party was the third event these gentlemen played that day yet they arrived promptly, in good humor, and showed no signs of being the least bit tired. Mark was always polite and responsive when I contacted him. I'd definitely hire them again.
    Ricardo Event on: 07/14/2014
    Mark is the consummate professional. In addition to his top-notch skills as a bassist, he communicates early and often with the organizer and really takes to heart the importance of the event, never phoning it in.
    Kevin Married on 07/05/2014
    Wonderful music for our outdoor wedding. Made my wife very happy with their rendition of her "non-traditional" processional.
    Teri Event on: 06/29/2014
    Mark Diamond has provided bands for the Donkey Creek Festival for several years. We have worked with Big Swing Trio, Purple Squirrel, and Los Bohemios and have found all groups to provide wonderful music.
  • User1896073 Event on: 06/28/2014
    Mark and all the band members are very cordial and willing to do anything to make the event special.
    Annalise Married on 06/14/2014
    Mark Diamond Music is the most incredibly talented group of artists that not only provides quality service, but creates an atmosphere that is exceptionally fun! There wasn't a soul at our wedding that could keep themselves off of the dance floor! I can honestly say that Mark Diamond Music made our reception party unforgettable, giving us our "once in a lifetime" day. They were so wonderful, in face, that guests at the wedding were asking how to hire them!! Mark is also extremely easy to work with. He gave us all we wanted and more: song requests, brilliant play list to thrill each and every guest no matter their age, as well as being extremely welcoming and accepting of some last minute changes. Mark Diamond Music made our party what is was; a joyous celebration of music, dancing, laughter, and love. The perfect band for anyone's perfect day!
  • W
    Wesley Married on 05/31/2014
    We worked with Mark on our wedding, and have nothing but positive feedback for him and his group. Mark provided an excellent 5 piece band for the event, and we had a 2 piece breakout for the wedding itself. Mark was extremely professional, very knowledgeable about weddings and provided an excellent partnership for our big day. We were, and still are so pleased with the talent, authenticity and professionalism of Mark and his band.
    Terry Event on: 04/12/2014
    mark has played at community food share galas for many years; guests, staff, and guild alike always choose them to play. for many years they did the jazz combo at the cocktail hour; this year they played for that and then a larger group for the after dinner dancing - really over the top. Mark is always very aware that we are a nonprofit and helps us out with cost. I can't recommend him enough - professional, talented, involved.
  • User1882731 2+ years ago
    I brought they stand to San Diego for my wedding after hearing them at a holiday party in Boulder CO. Very deep and wide playbook from jazz to latin, to R and B and 60's rock. Super friendly and professional and extremely tight sound.