47 Reviews for Maria's Bridal Connection

Trunk Shows (1)
Plus Size Gowns (1)
Undergarments (1)
46 Maria's Bridal Connection Reviews

After being treated very rude by another bridal shop I had an appointment with, me and my 8 guests came to Maria's with no appointment. One of my bridesmaids recommended Maria's and I'm so glad she did! I called first and told them what happened with the other place and that there were 9 of us and I was really hoping to be able to go dress shopping because I had bridesmaids here from out of town this weekend. They told me to head over and they would help us out. When we got there, I knew they had another appointment so I wasn't expecting one on one care. But they got right on it. They accommodated all my guests, helped me pick out my dresses to try on, listened to what I wanted, and made all of our experiences awesome! I did say yes to a beautiful dress here yesterday! And I have to say, my crowd was a bit overwhelming and Victoria (my consultant) was very sweet and accommodating to all of us. I really appreciated all her help and all the staff was very nice. To be a walk in, with 9 people, and to be treated so well really says a lot. Also, they have a big variety of dresses to choose from. My bridesmaids even got to try on some dresses that they liked (I'm letting them pick their own). Just over all, a great experience. Thank you guys!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Maria's bridal makes you feel right at home and gets you exactly what you've imagined. I couldn't of chosen a better place!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

SO wonderful! Great staff, great selection and I walked away with a dress that was totally ME! Allison helped me the whole way and made me feel so comfortable. Can't wait to pick up my dress in a few months!

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Everyone at Maria's is wonderful but Chloe is absolutely AMAZING! I am super self conscious and she took her time with me to make me feel comfortable, not to mention she knows her stuff!

I recommend Maria's (and Chloe!) to anyone who wants a special & meaningful bridal appointment!! You won't find a better crew or selection of dresses anywhere else!

Profile Picture Allie, 11/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had found this wonderful bridal shop after searching all over Charlotte, NC and Raleigh-Durham, NC (where I live). I came to New Port Richey to help my cousin move in and happened in Maria's and I'm so glad I did!!!! I told MaryLou exactly what I wanted and she found it! I thought I could find the dress in my area, so I thanked them and went back to NC. After realizing my dress was only at Maria's, I worked with the bridal shop to order the dress and fly back to New Port Richey to try on the dress. It was everything I wanted! MaryLou and her staff worked amazingly to accessorize the gown, and I bought everything they added - the veil, necklace, earrings, bracelet, etc! I was quite a sight carrying my large bridal bag through the airport, but it was all worth it! Our wedding day was amazing and we were chosen to be on the cover of a bridal magazine and highlighted as the cover story. The dress really made me feel like a princess and it was all due to the excellent work of Maria's Bridal Connection! I can not recommend this bridal store enough. Thank you ladies!

Photo for Maria's Bridal Connection Review - Cover story
Photo for Maria's Bridal Connection Review - Magazine Cover
Profile Picture Susan , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry

Chloe listened to what I wanted as mother of the groom and then brought dresses out that were perfect. I ended up buying two dresses. The alterations were so masterfully completed. And I am having a chiffon wrap made to match each dress. I wish I needed more dresses.

Profile Picture Jerilyn, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I got married in April 2017 and my mom, and all the men got there attire from Maria's Bridal. I love them! Chloe is so sweet and always ready to help. She put my mind at ease every time I went in or called to ask questions. The guys looked amazing and MaryLou helped me visualize what the outcome would be. Every consulate made me feel welcome and listened to what I was saying. They have so many different styles and dresses I am sure anyone would be able to find what works for them.

Profile Picture Leeann, 4/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows, Bride, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Groom, Groomsmen, Mother of Bride, Ring Bearers, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Veils

They really make every effort to find your perfect look and offer helpful suggestions.

Profile Picture Barbir, 10/29/16, 1 Review
3.7

Mary Lou was very helpful during our consultation. My mother-in-law tried on dresses and I tried on bridal dresses. I had a Roz La Kelin sample sent here specifically because there are only a couple vendors in the state and this was the closest even though it was 3 hours away. It was worth the trip because Mary Lou took her time with me and my mother in law. We were there for over 2 hours. I also had my maid of honor with me, this was the first time she had been able to come to an appointment. She was very impressed with the service we received. As a plus size bride I have not been able to go to many places that actually carried dresses in a size I could try on. While the sample Roz La Kelin that was sent was a bit small Mary Lou offered to order it in my size and if I didn't love it I could get my money back. I have been told no to this at other shops. This is a $2,000 dress so hearing this was great news as I really wanted to try it on in my size and was disappointed that Roz La Kelin was unable to send any other sample size. Mary Lou had a few other dresses that I was able to try on. I had very specific requirements, I have tried on a dozen or more dresses at 7 different locations with some being chains such as David's Bridal in different cities with each experience being awful. My advice is to stay away from the chains. Even with an appointment it is chaotic and they are just trying to make a sale. They do not listen to what you want and basically just pull whatever they have in stock off the shelf even if its not in a size you could try on. This is not the experience a bride dreams of. I recommend the Roz La Kelin line that Mary Lou carries for any bride, especially for a plus size bride as the Glamour Plus line can be ordered all the way to a size 44 with no extra charge for size. So far I have not purchased a dress and am giving myself till December to make a final decision. But have it narrowed down to 2, 1 being the Roz La Kelin I want to try on in my size

Profile Picture Cassandra, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased a gown for my daughters wedding from Marie's. They are professional and very nice to work with. I looked all over for a mother of the bride dress and could not find one that was youthful. I walked into Marie's and I instantly knew I would like something there. The dress was perfect and I was complemented on it by almost everyone attending the wedding.

Profile Picture Lori, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Maria's Bridal Connection is the prefect place to find a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. The staff has great taste and recommendations. Also, the alterations came out perfect! I was extremely happy with my dress and the bridesmaids dresses. I highly recommend Maria's!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My Dress was absolutely amazing! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. The staff was very kind and helped me every step of the way. They were really interested in my wedding and made me super excited for my special day. I would recommend anyone get their dress here

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/2/16, 2 Reviews
4.7

Very flexible. Once I found my dress, they worked with me and my schedule because I was an out of town bride. They even did two fittings/alterations the week of my wedding (since that was I only able to get my second fitting that week). They ensured I didn't leave until I felt comfortable.

Profile Picture lenieca, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Bridal Gowns

I loved using Maria's Bridal. They definitely stepped up with my bridesmaids or groomsman needed to get their wedding attire set up. It was nice to have that taken care of. However, I was upset towards the end when it was a week before my wedding and they never called to get my final alterations. I had to call in myself because I was worried since they usually call me, but they ended up misplacing my dress in the wrong rack and in doing so they thought that I already had my final alterations done. This was stressful since they had to rush to do my final alterations about 5 days before my wedding, but they did get it done. I was very happy with the awesome staff and they always made me feel welcome. Would definitely recommend using them to a friend.

Profile Picture User4661117, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of Bride, Groom, Groomsmen, Ring Bearers, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation

When I walked into Maria's bridal connection the first time, I found my dress within the first 3 dresses I tried on! She had the tag at $3,500 which was a little out of my budget. I started researching this dress a little more and found that the same exact dress was being sold at other stores for $899. That is a huge difference! So I did not go back at first, when I could have paid a fraction of the price at other stores. One of the sales women called me about a week after I went there, and she mentioned how they will price match. Once I told her the price I found it and where, she agreed to match the price. The dress I had tried on first fit perfectly, and the woman wanted to sell me that exact one that was hanging on display. I'm not sure if that is normally what happens but I felt more comfortable with her ordering a new one from the designer which she did not seem to have a problem doing for me. I gained a few pounds over the months and when my dress finally came in, they had to let it out a bit, which Maria did with no problem. All in all is was a pretty good experience. Make sure you educate yourself before you buy the gown of your dreams, you never know how much it really costs! Hope this review helps future brides

Profile Picture User4656326, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Jewelry, Veils

My dress looked amazing! It had to be altered and hemmed and they did an awesome job! Love this place!

Profile Picture sarah, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

from the moment i walked into the shop it was a great experience. everyone there was excited for me and wanted to help me find that perfect dress. the price was not bad either. every time i came in for a fitting they remembered who i was which made feel really good. and if i did not have a fitting i just wanted to come in and try on the dress again (which i did once) they did not have a problem with that. every girl needs to be made special for her special day and Maria's Bridal Connection more then did that. i am glad i found them and was so happy with the whole experience. with what i spent i got my dress, petticoat, vial, and flower head piece.

Profile Picture Amber , 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Tuxedo Rentals, Undergarments, Veils
2.4

Dress was not ready for the final appointment and had not been touched for alterations. The original reason for why it wasn't ready was because they had put it on the wrong rack, but then later said that it was because we came in before the date and had the hem tested with different shoes. They did not call and let me know it wasn't ready, so we drove over an hour and waited half an hour before they told us that it was not ready. Came back the following week and the straps were wrong, so we needed to come back a few hours later before it was complete. Although they waived the alteration fees, I do not recommend going there because of their lack of communication, organization and courtesy.

Profile Picture User5410209, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The most wonderful, caring and warm bridal shop, who will do their utmost best at making sure you receive exactly what you are looking far. I ordered my wedding dress from them and they were absolutely professional and reassuring that my dress would arrive and look stunning on me. They couldn't be more right. Ms. Maria and Ms. Marylou were so sweet and loving. I had to go a couple of time by myself to try on the dress and have it altered and they made me feel as though my own mother was there with me. Just real, loving people!! I would definitely go back there if I needed another dress!! Thank you so much for all you did for me!!

Profile Picture Elisha, 5/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Preservation, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils

Marias bridal was very flexible and willing to work with my large bridal party and I. The place we originally were renting suits from bailed out on us and Marias stepped up and made sure our eleven groomsmen (most of them out of state) were dressed and felt comfortable. Thank you!

Profile Picture jennifer, 3/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I Found my dream dress at Marias! My wedding gown was absolutely stunning! Maria did an amazing job with all my alterations and made the gown fit perfectly!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the pleasure of purchasing my wedding dress at Maria's Bridal Connection. My bridesmaids also purchased their dresses at Maria's. I really can't say enough good things about this place. I had gone to other bridal salons and felt very defeated and confused. My indecision was definitely getting the best of me. Mary Lou was the one who helped me during my initial visit and she showed me many, many different dresses. She listened to what I did and didn't like and helped me say "yes!" to the dress. She stayed past their closing time in order to help me. A couple months later I had second thoughts about my dress, I went back and she had me try the dress on again, as well as other dresses that I wanted so I could be sure. She was so kind and told me that I could switch to another dress if I wanted to and return the other even though I had already paid in full. I ended up realizing my original dress was perfect, but this really shows the warmth and professionalism that can be found at Maria's. My girls also received great services when they purchased their dresses, and the price was much lower than the same dresses in the Tampa bay area. I highly recommend Maria's bridal. Thanks for everything, ladies!

Profile Picture Amber, 2/21/15, 4 Reviews
3.8

Overall we had an okay experience. We had a huge ordeal with the Tuxs and the Tux company they deal with. I feel the girls (employees) were nice and respectful but I feel Maria didn't listen to you and didn't care when you tried to tell her something that you needed fixed or changed. We bought bridesmaids dress and Tuxs with them.

Profile Picture User4960160, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
2.3

The begining of this relationship was excellent, I found my perfect dress but trying on samples is difficult because the dresses don't fit right. But I was assured I would have adequate alterations so the dress would fit properly. When I went for my first fitting I realized there was a high degree of staff turn over and despite the fact that I had seven different undergarments that I brought, the dress would not fit properly and the undergarments were showing. Again I was assured they would make it right. The alterations were not completed in a timely fashion and of course I had prepaid the very expesive alteration fee. I did not receive my dress until two days before my wedding and the alterations of the bodice were not completed. Many of my wedding photos show my undergarments and because the straps were not adjusted properly, I wound up with bruises on both sholders for my honeymoon from the straps rubbing all day long. The owner of the shop knew how upset I was and never offered a refund of any part of the alteration fee.

Profile Picture User4098406, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Great customer Services, reasonable pricing, would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture User3553471, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews