Margaritaville Lake Resort Reviews

6 Reviews for Margaritaville Lake Resort

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 02/09/2019

Wedding of our Dreams!

Wow, I really cannot adequately express in words the fantastic job that Priscilla and the entire Tan-Tar-A staff did for our wedding weekend! Priscilla, the event coordinator, blew me away with her friendliness, experience, and ability to stay calm and collected while coordinating the events of our wedding weekend and dealing with uncooperative weather. Priscilla's help and expertise ensured we had a stress-free weekend. I can't thank her enough for everything she did for us. I was confident that she and her team would do a fantastic job, and they more than delivered!

Everyone at Tan-Tar-A contributed to making our wedding weekend exceed our wildest dreams, from the staff working tirelessly to finish the new Landshark Bar for our welcome party, to guest services making sure everything we and our guests needed were taken care of all weekend, to the Food and Beverage team delivering fantastic food, drinks, and service for our rehearsal dinner, welcome party, wedding reception, and farewell brunch. We have received endless compliments from our guests on everything, including the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the design and decor of the events, and the taste of the food.

We are so thrilled with our choice to hold our wedding at Tan-Tar-A, and we would not hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone! In addition to a number of different event spaces, a wedding at Tan-Tar-A offers many different activities for guests, including boating and golfing. Everyone loved having access to these amenities, and it was an awesome weekend getaway for both us and our guests. Thank you again for making our wedding weekend perfect!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Nicholas Simon · Married on 01/12/2019

Dreams came true

Our wedding was a success because of the staff. They were so kind and helpful. Everything was absolutely perfect and the coordinator took extra care to remind us that the day was ours. Our guests could not stop complimenting the venue. Truly wonderful!

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Team Shaaron

Shari · Married on 05/13/2015

We stayed at this resort for our honeymoon. Along with some family and friends, we had a wonderful time hanging out on the back deck that overlooked the beautiful waterway. Very relaxing and stunning views. It was a bit pricey for our budget, but definitely worth it for a once in a life time family get away to celebrate our union.

Sent on 05/23/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2011

They made my day beautiful!! They were all so nice and accomadating. I loved them!!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Jessica · Married on 02/23/2008

3.5

This is a great place to have your ceremony and reception. You have many options for the location on their property. There is indoors, outdoors or water front. They went above and beyond my expectations and my wedding and reception were beautiful. The staff is very friendly and curtious. The food was excellent and more than I expected. The price is a little over the top but for the quality of service it was worth it!!!

Sent on 05/13/2008

Luke · Married on 09/24/2016

2.2
      2.5
      2.5

If you are looking for a beautiful location for a wedding in Missouri, I highly recommend going to the Lake of the Ozarks; but save yourself the stress and anger and don't do it at Tan-Tar-A! It seemed like a great idea, they worry about the wedding so you don't have to. But don't let them fool you! The ceremony was a disaster, the staff was less than helpful and often times rude, and the simple things you would expect by staying at a high end resort were not at all as they should have been.
    First of all, they asked if we wanted special music played during the ceremony, and if so, we only had to put it on a cd for them. We tested the cd, and they did too. It ran smoothly the day before our wedding, and from what some of our guest were telling us even 20 minutes before they were playing it fine on their equipment, but at the ceremony our music cut in and out so horribly, and was so distracting, that I missed the first glimpse my wife in her dress! I, and not to mention, our guests, were so distracted by this, that we were focused more on the sound guy than my beautiful bride walking down the aisle! Then when it came time to say our vows, my mic was off! And if this was not enough, the random beach goers walking around in their bathing suits on our "reserved" section of beach added to the distraction. And according to the wedding coordinator, if you could even call her that (the woman clearly didn’t have a clue as to what she was doing and this was apparent as early as our rehearsal), she stated that they can't ask other paying guests to leave. And what was her response to our outrage at this statement? “Well I can talk to my director, but they often won't do anything because you just run the risk of stuff like this happening on the beach”. Then why did I pay $2000 to reserve this area of the beach?
    Then, the cleanup of the ceremony was left to our wedding party. (And yes, our package was supposed to include this in the price we paid to have our wedding at the

Sent on 09/29/2016