Margaret J Cotton Photography Reviews

Margaret J Cotton Photography 5
Margaret J Cotton Photography 6
Margaret J Cotton Photography 7

Magan · Married on 10/25/2008

Margaret goes above and beyond to help her brides and grooms capture the exact essence they are striving for in their photos. She is artistic, creative and extremely flexible. Most importantly, Margaret is a calming presence during an otherwise chaotic day.
    Margaret has a large variety in terms of albums and prints. I had a very specific request and although it was outside of the realm of her usual work, Margaret was very willing to meet my request and did a better job than I could ever have imagined.
    All in all... I couldn't be more pleased with the work that Margaret did before, during and after my wedding day. It is for this reason that Margaret also did the photo session when my baby was born. I was equally impressed with her portrait photography as I was with her wedding photography. I'm sure she will be capturing many more special occasions for my family.

Sent on 08/25/2010
  • U

Tovah · Married on 10/11/2008

Just recently was the second time I have worked with Margaret from MJ Cotton Photography. The first was a few years ago and it was family photos with my husband and our first son. Just this past weekend we met ago at a local park for photos with my husband and our 2 sons. Both the weather and my sons' ages made the photo session challenging but Margaret proved to be flexible and patient. She never lost focus and we ended up with the most wonderful photos of our boys in their natural element. (Basically, little boys running around.) What could have been a failure of a photo session because of uncooperative subjects was a huge success and she was truly able to capture their spirit. As in the past Margaret is always very response and easy to work with.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Louise · Married on 08/02/2008

Margaret J Cotton did my wedding back in August 2008! I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. My photos turned out beautiful. She was fantastically accomodating both in the lead up to our wedding and during it, giving us no additional stress - which helped an awful lot!
    At the wedding, she kept everyone relaxed and in good humor throughout, and was patient and highly professional. The photos are absolutely amazing - she caught everyone, really naturally, with minimum fuss and intrusion. The group shots were clear, perfectly orchestrated - the best reminder of our day that we could have wished for.
    We were very impressed with her photography and couldn't recommend her highly enough!

Elise · Married on 05/24/2008

Amazing photographer! I have the most beautiful pictures! I would HIGHLY recommend Margaret to any BRIDE ... especially when pictures are important.

Sent on 10/21/2008

J. and D · Married on 08/10/2007

Margaret was a pleasure to work with, especially if your budget is limited. She worked with us to create the most beautiful photographs of our wedding, ones that truly reflected the spirit of the event. The texture and flavor of each shot was crafted to show each unique facet of the bride and groom, our wedding party, our families, and guests. She was incredible, never intrusive, flexible, imaginitive, and a joy to work with through the entire creative process. Our wedding album is a marvel, capturing the special nuances of our day as well as memorializing the tradition and ceremony. I cannot praise this vendor more highly! I am a delighted customer and I would use her again, and again...and again!

krista · Married on 10/28/2006

MJCotton is fabulous!!! We have the best pictures of our wedding- she was flexible and worked with what we wanted as well as adding her own creative flair to make up perfect pictures of our special day. She really listens and cares about her clients before, on the day of, and after- always finding time to help, change things, etc... Just an all around excellent photographer and team. I have recommended her many times :)

Laura · Married on 07/16/2011

I have nothing less to say than Joanne and her photographers were amazing. I never doubted their abilities and reliability and everything was beautiful. Taking pictures with them was a delight and only added to our special day.

7/26/11- I feel as though I should add a disclaimer and some more information. For the record, I did not give all 5.0s to any vendor. Joanne and her team were amazing. They took very, very good care of me and my family. They were professional, were flexible, and we feel like it was excellent value. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 07/24/2011

Sarah · Married on 12/06/2008

Margaret was an EXCELLENT addition to our wedding day! Besides dealing with your husband your photographer is who will capture your special day for you. Maragret listened to what we envisioned for the wedding and made sure she captured it that way. We we thrilled with her pictures and perspective and our album came out better than we could have ever hoped!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Jaime · Married on 09/01/2017

MJC photography gave us a wonderful experience in the day of our wedding. She was incredibly thorough and organized in order to accommodate our wishes with particular family photos, couple shots, and certain special moments! Her professionalism with pose cues was so necessary for our pictures to turn out as wonderful as they did. I could not be more grateful for such a great team!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Hanna · Married on 05/22/2010

Margaret did a phenomenal job on our wedding photographs. She was so easy to work with and was very personable. I did not feel like I was just another customer, but someone that she deeply cared about and wanted to provide her best service to. She made the whole process from beginning to end very painless, easy, and fun. I really appreciate that she did not set us up in "cheesy" poses but captured the feeling of each moment throughout the day without being in the way at all. It was also nice that there were two others working with her to be able to capture different perspectives and angles. I would recommend her services to anyone without any hesitation.