Margaret J Cotton Photography Reviews

Margaret J Cotton Photography 5
Margaret J Cotton Photography 6
Margaret J Cotton Photography 7

Kerri · Married on 10/08/2017

Margaret was absolutely wonderful. We wound up not having the best weather that day but she managed to keep me calm and collected. She pulled a rainbow beach umbrella out of her trunk and I made it to our first look at the beach without getting wet! All of the pictures, from the little details of getting ready to the enormous family portraits, came out beautiful. And she has such a quick turnaround that you're able to relive it all in a few days through a slideshow. My family is still talking about how great they all turned out - and my cousin even booked her for her upcoming wedding. I would recommend Margaret and her crew in a heartbeat.

Thank you so much!!! Xo

Julie · Married on 09/30/2017

Working with Margaret was simply awesome! From our first conversation, I felt complete at ease with my choice! She was on top of everything, and made it so easy! I would recommend her to everyone who is looking for a photographer! She's the best!

Sent on 11/05/2017

molly · Married on 09/08/2017

Margaret was excellent and the photos were beautiful!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Liane · Married on 07/01/2017

Margaret was amazing, from beginning until the end. She helped with every part of the wedding day process. Blessed to have had her capture our day!

Liane · Married on 07/01/2017

In a previous review, I noted that Margaret did such a phenomena job the day of our wedding. She was so helpful in the details, capturing each moment, and making each part of the day something worth treasuring. Now that I’ve received some prints, I am all the more ecstatic! My grandmother and I teared up at the sight of them. So beautiful !

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Margaret J Cotton Photography 14
    Margaret J Cotton Photography 15
    Margaret J Cotton Photography 16

Dawn · Married on 04/29/2017

There isn't enough space to talk about how wonderful it was working with Margaret! Her pictures were exactly what we wanted and she was available throughout the whole process. I call her the mom whisperer since she kept mine calm before the ceremony. You cant go wrong with her!

Margaret J Cotton Photography 17
    Margaret J Cotton Photography 18
    Margaret J Cotton Photography 19
    Margaret J Cotton Photography 20

Don · Married on 09/25/2016

Lisa had originally seen Margaret's work and kept telling me how impressed she was with her sensibility. The day we met her in her home for our consultation she made us immediately feel comfortable. The warmth and genuine interest in our needs and our relationship impressed both Lisa and I. After we had a chance to view more of her work we knew we had found the right photographer for the biggest day of our lives.

Margaret listened to our wishes regarding timeline of the day and prepared us fully,
    which alleviated any stress we were feeling about getting the right photos and enjoying our day. She met with us on the church grounds coached us and mapped out the best angles to shoot from so we would have a clear plan and be able to spend quality time with our family and friends.

The day of the wedding we were blessed with gorgeous weather, 70 degrees not a cloud in the sky- truly a beautiful blue sky. I had stayed with my best man at a hotel and Margaret sent her husband Dave who is her assistant and his assistant Leann to photograph us. Her husband Dave was so insightful and they made my best man and I feel so relaxed. His assistant was also helpful.

Margaret and her other assistant had shown up where Lisa was getting ready with her family. The patience and kindness they exhibited along with their sensibility and talent made everyone feel at ease. Margaret was able to capture the joy, anticipation and beauty of the day. Her photographs were able to tell the story of how my bride Lisa, her family and friends were feeling which was truly jubilant in preparing for the wedding ceremony.

When we all met at the church prior to the ceremony that day, she photographed my friends and family as well as myself right before going into the church. The ceremony and reception was beautiful and we remembered Margaret's coaching that had proven to lead to better photos and again made us both feel comfortable.

Margaret and Dave were fantastic!

Sent on 11/27/2016

We can't thank Margaret and her team enough for making our whole Wedding photography experience very magical!! She is extremely kind, organized and patient. They were very fun to work with and made us very comfortable on our big day. Margaret made some great suggestions to make sure everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding. Margaret was very accommodating to all of our specific photo requests, can't thank her enough for that!! She has an amazing eye and we LOVE LOVE LOVE how all of the pictures turned out!! We can't wait to have prints around our home! We highly recommend Margaret J Cotton to capture your memories 110%!!!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Katelyn · Married on 09/23/2016

Margaret was extremely professional from our first meeting for our engagement photos. She did an amazing job walking us through the process ahead of time and made us feel comfortable the entire session. Margaret recommended the perfect location (Sandy Hook) and has a great eye for the perfect shots. We are so pleased with how our pictures turned out and will cherish them forever. My fiancé and I can't wait to work again with Margaret on our wedding day. We can't thank Margaret enough and would highly recommend her for all your special occasions. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 10/30/2015

MJ Cotton is a great photographer (and so is her husband and her assistants). She completely understood our vision for a simple and relaxed beach wedding day. She got some really beautiful photos without making us pose all day, and she quickly put together a slideshow for us to share with our family while she worked on the finishing touches of our prints and digital copies. Though there were definitely some hiccups, MJ rolled with the punches and everything turned out perfect. Would definitely recommend her to family and friends.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Caitlyn · Married on 08/20/2016

My fiance and I loved Margaret from the day that we met her. Her warm personality makes you feel so comfortable and she equips you with all of the knowledge you need to capture beautiful shots. She is easy to work with, responds so quickly to any inquiry, and processes your photos in a timely manner. We love our engagement photos and cannot wait to work with her on our wedding day. Meeting Margaret has been nothing but a blessing!

Megan · Married on 07/30/2016

We are so pleased we chose Margaret for our wedding photography! She was enthusiastic, creative, and professional throughout the whole process. She gave us excellent advice on posing for photos, working with our families and friends for photos, and scheduling our whole day. Her photographs came out beautifully, especially our church photos and night shots by the water. She is a sincere lover of weddings and artistry, and she is a warm and accommodating person to work with.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Jay · Married on 03/19/2016

I could not have asked for a better photographer to capture our wedding day. Our wedding was a bit unconventional, and Margaret was there all the way to help us navigate the day and make sure that the best moments were captured. As the wedding day approached, we didn't even think of her as just a photographer but more of a friend who was taking our photos. She gave excellent insight into proper posture/positioning and what she has seen to work/not work in taking photos. Margaret also is very kind and yet knows how to appropriately tell you her opinion on situations where she may not agree. She is also very organized, and on our wedding day was able to get all the necessary photos we discussed and then some extra photos that I did not even think about.
    Best of all, I think that she has an eye for capturing people in their natural environment (where people don't looked posed) and where they look their best. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for any kind of photographer and not just for weddings.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Kelli · Married on 11/21/2015

We were so blessed to have Margaret as part of our wedding day. From the moment we met her, she made every effort to ensure that she knew exactly how we wanted to capture our wedding day, and we could not be more pleased with the results. Margaret is a true artist and absolutely dedicated to her work and her clients in every way.

Margaret traveled over two hours to visit our venue in Brooklyn before our wedding to get acquainted with the layout of the space, which is just one example of how Margaret goes above and beyond to produce the highest quality work possible. She was a calming presence on our wedding day, and we were truly grateful for her company on such a special day in our lives.

We've received endless compliments on our photos, and are eagerly anticipating the arrival of a gorgeous wedding album that Margaret designed with a tremendous amount of care. We look forward to referring our friends and family to Margaret, and hope that she will capture many more happy moments as our family grows in the future.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Mallory · Married on 10/10/2015

Margaret was the photographer for our wedding in Asbury Park in October 2015, and she was absolutely wonderful. Margaret was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning - she is very responsive to any and all questions and you can tell that she truly enjoys what she does. Due to the weather the week prior to our wedding, Asbury Park's Zombie walk was reschedule for our wedding weekend. Initially, Margaret and I had discussed doing pictures on the Asbury boardwalk which were now locations right in the middle of the Zombie walk. Margaret called me the week of and had not only gone to the boardwalk to look over the set up for the walk, but came up with a new plan and route for pictures to help us avoid the chaos. She even mapped out a route for our trolley driver to take to avoid the crowds. I loved her ideas and suggestions. She made what could have been a very stressful event into a perfect and easy day. And her pictures were absolutely stunning - she captured such amazing moments. Margaret puts together a wonderful slideshow of pictures the day or two after the wedding that is beautiful. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out and cannot thank her enough for being a part of our day!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Andrea · Married on 09/26/2015

Margaret and her team were amazing! They were very accommodating and made the whole process easy and comfortable. Our pictures turned out fabulous and I can't wait to hang some in our home. I would highly recommend Margaret and her team for any time that you need pictures taken. She will make the whole experience extremely enjoyable!

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • W

William · Married on 07/10/2015

Margaret was wonderful to work with! It was a special experience. She possesses the rare and amazing combination of warmth and professionalism. My sister Molly is now using her photography services for her wedding in August.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Margaret is simply wonderful - a talented photographer, detail-oriented coordinator, and sweet friend in one. At our first meeting, she gave me detailed and very helpful advice on timelines, logistics, and how to look good without posing. On the day of the wedding, Margaret and her crew made everything run smoothly - she made sure we stayed on schedule, squeezed my hand when I needed it, managed a ton of family members, and took us out for breaks at just the right times. The photos are fantastic. Margaret posted them quickly and it is obvious that she carefully and thoughtfully edited her favorites, which are now my favorites. I really look forward to seeing Margaret one more time when I pick up my albums!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Megan · Married on 05/01/2015

Not only did Margaret take beautiful wedding photos, but she helped us with pulling off such a beautiful day! We are still receiving complements from our guests about how great our photographer was with taking lovely pictures without being intrusive. I can't thank Margaret enough for capturing our wedding day with beautiful pictures, and for helping to keep with our pre-planned timeline with ease and creating a stress free environment before the ceremony and afterwards while taking family photos etc.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Working with Margaret was an absolute pleasure. She spent considerable time before the wedding learning about the bride and groom - who they are and what their preferences and priorities are for their wedding pictures. And that is exactly what she delivered! The resulting album is beautiful - creative in design and content - we could not be happier. It absolutely captures the essence of who we are and this special day.
    Know that you will spend your wedding day with this person by your side - choose Margaret. She is thoughtful, considerate, positive, and oh so creative. I recommend her unconditionally.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Diana · Married on 04/11/2015

From start to finish it was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for taking all of the time that you did to ensure that we had everything planned out as necessary and for providing your insight into ways to make the day flow better. We are thrilled with our photos and albums. Thank you for providing us with memories that will last a life time!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Margaret is a fantastic photographer. I never thought we would have such beautiful, unique wedding photos. She is so warm and inviting that you feel comfortable and relaxed with her, which comes through in the photos. Margaret is meticulous with details and scouted our location before our wedding day, so the day of she had an exact time table of where to be and when to get the best shots. My favorite wedding vendor to work with by far, and I have recommended her to every one I know getting married.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Katie · Married on 11/07/2014

MJC took amazing pictures for our wedding. Our family and friends are reliving the night over and over by looking through the pictures and moments they missed while having a great time. I would recommend MJC to anyone looking for a sweet and super organized photographer.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Margaret · Married on 10/25/2014

Margaret was a wonderful addition to our wedding day. I really appreciated the planning that went into the day including meeting ahead of time and going over a specific timeline. Margaret also went to the venue before the wedding to get a sense of what our day would be like and to get ideas for photographs. Our family and friends have all complimented us on our beautiful pictures that we have shown them so far. We will look forward to looking at them for years to come!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Julia · Married on 09/27/2014

Margaret was nothing less than excellent throughout my wedding. She was prompt, thorough and precise. She captured the bliss of the day with ease!

Sent on 10/17/2014