Marathon Florist Reviews

Marathon Florist 4
Marathon Florist 5
Marathon Florist 6
Marathon Florist 7

I want to thank Dory and her staff for the lovely flowers they supplied to us on our wedding day in June.

They were sooooooooo beautiful that when I walked in and first saw them I almost cried!
    My bouquet went with me on our honeymoon thru 3 hotels in the keys
    before I finally had to say good by to it since we were flying back. (sob).

Thanks again for the awesome job!

Anonymous

Sent on 08/04/2013

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST!!! I cannot say enough GREAT things about Marathon Florist!!!! THEY ARE AMAZING!!! My flowers were even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! They went above and beyond to make my wedding as special as it could be, THANK YOU DORI!!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Kate · Married on 05/05/2013

Dori at Marathon florist created a fabulous bouquet for my wedding. She also made all the boutonnière and corsage for the bridesmaid. Our flowers were beautiful and were delivered to us on time. Dori and her staff are fantastic.. Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Kaitlen · Married on 04/06/2013

Dori with Marathon Florist was simply amazing!! Dori was so easy & pleasant to work with. She had wonderful ideas & was willing to take any ideas we had and make it into exactly what we wanted. Her work is beautiful! We hired Marathon Florist to do simple arrangements for our rehearsal dinner tables, arrangements for the chairs down the ceremony aisle, petals down the aisle, reception centerpieces & cake topper, bouquets, corsages, & boutonnieres. There was not one thing we were disappointed with, everything turned out better than we had imagined. The arrangements were lush & beautiful & every flower was fresh & perfect. I know she had 2 other weddings this one particular day & she truly did an outstanding job with all of our items on top of the other weddings she was arranging for.

My mom & I were able to meet with her when we were in the Keys to visit the resort for the wedding & reception, & she was as wonderful in person as she was over the phone. We worked with Dori for about 9 months from Missouri planning our Florida Keys wedding. As stressful as that can be, she made everything so easy. Meeting with her allowed us to come up with a few new ideas to add to our events, allowed us to see more of her work AND allowed us to meet her 3 golden retrievers that she brings to work with her everyday. It was a great experience to have a meeting with her.

For everything we hired her for, prices were spot on. She actually asked us for our budget & so she would make sure she would schedule & order according to what we were willing to pay. She came in under our budget & we ended up with more flowers in our arrangements than we ever thought we would have.

We could not have been more pleased with Dori, her work, & all of our beautiful arrangements for our event! Perfectly wonderful.

Sent on 04/11/2013

Rhonda · Married on 03/22/2013

We recently got married in Marathon in the beautiful Florida Keys! Dori from Marathon florist was amazing to work with! She took the stress out of planning a destination wedding. She answered all questions and emails thoroughly and quickly. My flowers were beautiful and fresh! They were still very healthy and alive 10 days after the event! Thanks again Marathon Florist!

Sent on 04/02/2013
  • User3020764 · 2+ years ago

Like many having their wedding in the Keys, all of the planning was done long distance. I met Dori once in May and the rest we handled long distance, mostly by email. That was so easy and effortless. I don't know a ton of specifics about flowers but we discussed what I liked and didn't and her suggestion was spot on.

As beautiful as her suggestion was, the real thing on wedding day was spectacular and so elegant. Exactly what I pictured and probably didn't even articulate that well but it didn't matter, Dori is a pro and took it from there.

Can't recommend Dori/Marathon Florist enough, if you're having a wedding anywhere in her service area, do yourself a favor and contact her. With so many things to worry about when planning a wedding, this will be one you won't have to.

Sent on 01/27/2013

Laura · Married on 12/20/2012

Dori of Marathon Florist is excellent at responding to e-mails promtly and descriptively, which was very helpful in planning my destination wedding. She was very sweet and the prices were reasonable. Flowers were delivered at no charge and even brought to the room where I was getting ready so they had my approval! The bouquets were beautiful and fresh as well as the boutonieres. We would recommend Marathon Florist for your wedding hands down!!

Sent on 01/01/2013

Madeline · Married on 11/10/2012

I loved every minute working with Dori although everything was thru email I still got exactly what I was looking for. Very happy with the results. Will def recommend to a friend.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2012

If you are looking for a florist in the Florida Keys - look no further than Dori and her team at Marathon Florist! We used Dori for our November 3rd wedding and our flowers were absolutely stunning! I provided a few "inspiration" photos to Dori along with the color of flowers I was looking for and she put together the most beautiful bouquets for me and my wedding party. The centerpieces were stunning and romantic and were everything I had envisioned. Even my Father-in-Law is still raving about the flowers! Not to mention, after the wedding was over, my mother took the flowers home and said they were the freshest and longest lasting flowers she had ever seen.
    Please visit Dori at Marathon Florist for your next event - she will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Donna · Married on 10/28/2012

If you are planning a wedding in the Florida Keys, Marathon Florist is the only place you should go for your floral needs.
    Planning a destination wedding is difficult but Dori made everything easy and stress free. I wasn't entirely sure what kind of flowers I wanted but I knew how I wanted the bouquets to look. Dori provided suggestions and pictures of flowers that would compliment not only my dress but the bridal party's as well. She suggested flowers I had never even heard of and I can tell you....they were absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I could not have asked for anything more. I also had many compliments from my guests about how beautiful they were. Wish I knew a way to post a picture here.
    Thank you Dori.....your work is FANTASTIC!!!
    Donna Mederos

Sent on 11/08/2012

Vickie · Married on 07/04/2012

We found this florist accidently and were very glad we did. We did all our business over the phone and our flowers were just how we had wanted them to be. They were beautiful. We dealt with Dori who was just great. She couldn't have been any more accommodating and pleasant to work with. We would highly recommend Marathon Florist. Hough-Cross Wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Lisa · Married on 06/21/2012

Dori (florist planner) was a great lady to work with and ensured additional rental equipment was in place and delivered on time. She also looked for the best rental price for equipment needed. Working via email for a long distance destination wedding was stressful but she created a wonderful floral arch arrangement and we were very pleased with the final look. Would definitely recommend her for any event.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Kaska · Married on 06/16/2012

Dori is a pleasure to work with. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. Everything was perfect as I have imagined.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Kimberly · Married on 05/19/2012

Dori provided our flowers for our wedding at Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo. I explained my vision and Dori nailed it. The flowers were absolutely stunning, better that I ever imagined. I would recommend Dori to ever person that is getting married anywhere on the Florida Keys. The entire process was very easy and I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. I cannot say enough about them. Dori thank you for all your help, you were amazing!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Erin · Married on 04/19/2012

We were beyond happy with our florist! I worked closely with the florist in designing my bouquets and other flower arrangements. She thought of everything! They made a delivery to the hair stylist so we had the flowers for our hair and also delivered the rest of the flowers to the wedding venue. She helped me with ideas for everything down to the color of the boutonniere and she was personable and wonderful to talk to; even accommodating some last minute changes. She helped make our day very special!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Christy · Married on 03/03/2012

You can't go wrong!. We got married down in Marathon in March 2012 and selected Marathon Florist as our florist. We shopped around with other florist in the area before choosing Marathon Florist and I am so happy we did. Dori was absolutely wonderful to work with! Even though she was very busy at times she made sure to follow-up with me, answer all of my questions, and take care of me. She was always on top of things! She provided everything she said she would for our big day and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. The flowers looked fresh and beautiful and they were exactly what I had envisioned. I was 100% satisfied with the overall professional service and results that we received. I cannot thank Dori and Marathon Florist enough for making our wedding day extra special and memorable. I totally recommend them to anyone in the Keys area.

Sent on 05/30/2012

Janelle · Married on 11/23/2011

Dori was amazing, such a sweetheart to work with! She was very helpful and the flowers were fantastic!! She truly helped make our wedding day that much more perfect!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

VIrginia · Married on 09/24/2011

Dori and her professional staff made our reception room beautiful. She helped my daughter pick the perfect flowers and then arranged them in a way that was spectacular.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Tina · Married on 11/03/2007

Dori was awesome. She did everything perfectly.

Sent on 11/30/2007
  • Abbey

Abbey · Married on 08/08/2013

Marathon Florist did a FABULOUS job with our flowers and decor for our wedding! Dori and her team are super sweet and have a great eye. They were recommended by my wedding planner, and I couldn't be happier. I met with them to discuss my vision in person, then emailed her photos of some ideas and things that I liked, and we tweaked it from there. She incorporated everything I wanted, and then added some magical little touches that just brought everything together. The only caveat I have for brides is that it took some time after I sent the initial email for them to respond; however, it was the height of wedding season in The Keys at the time, and I learned fairly quickly that The Keys do run on "Island Time," so there may be a slight delay in the response time from any of my vendors.

All in all, we couldn't be happier with our experience, and I would HIGHLY recommend Marathon Florist!

Sent on 08/22/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2019

Dori made it so easy!

Dori was such a blessing! Planning a wedding from afar, she picked out the perfect combination! I was blown away at how beautiful my bouquets were! She worked independently when needed and asked the right questions when necessary. Her work is truly exceptional.

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Marathon Florist 12
    Marathon Florist 13

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent!

Marathon Florist was actually part of my package. I was very pleased with the flowers. They were absolutely what my daughter wanted. Very pretty!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Deb · Married on 05/12/2017

Dori operates out of a lovely shop off The Overseas Highway in Marathon, Fl Keys. Based on our experience,
    you should not look anywhere else if you are planning a destination wedding in the Keys. Our kids wanted a
    Boho themed Beach wedding because their aesthetic is a sun, fun, ocean life! Dori created the most wonderful
    colorful flower arrangements for the tables. In addition the brides, bouquet and decorations clearly exceeded
    our expectations. She listened carefully during meetings and produced the perfect setting.
    My husband and I planned the rehearsal at Aquarium Encounters which was a gorgeous venue.
    Dori managed to do our centerpieces, then re-purpose them the next day for the wedding. A good plan and
    smart value. We are still getting calls and texts about our beautiful wedding.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Dori at Marathon Florist was wonderful! She can create wonderful floral arrangements based off a few basic ideas. It was better than anything we could have imagined. She is very flexible and willing to work with you. You will definitely not be disappointed working with her!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Abby · Married on 06/12/2015

An absolute dream!

Dori took care of the flowers for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding in Key West, FL. All I can say is what she provided was completely above and beyond out expectations. Everything was executed flawlessly, she got the vision I had in my head perfect, and she ever took care of set up and tear down of the flowers. The value of her services was amazing and I can't believe we were able to get such an amazing service at such a reasonable price. If you're on the fence about working with Dori, I would advise you to just stop looking for your florist, because you've found her. We were planning a destination wedding all the way from Missouri, so all of our communication was via email and one in person appointment and she nailed it.

Sent on 02/28/2019