Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita Reviews

4.2

• Liz
    Liz N. Married on 04/10/2021

Unforgettable

The best experience ever. The memories from this place amazing we had a great celebration weekend. Thank you!
    Arthur Married on 12/30/2018

Highly Recommended

We had a magical wedding at Villa Bonita recently. Coralis and rest of the staff conjured up a sophisticated decor with rustic charm, including local, tropical flowers and handmade wooden carvings. We celebrated our ceremony in their cave area, which was decorated beautifully. The authentic Puerto Rican dinner was delicious. We highly recommend celebrating your wedding in Puerto Rico at Hacienda Villa Bonita.
  • Andrea
    Andrea M. Married on 04/11/2017

Cozy, Lovable intimate Ceremony

If you are looking to have a simple, personal, low key, yet meaningful ceremony come here. We had the ceremony in the gorgeous natural cave then the reception in the pool area it was a joyful experience. At villa Bonita they will help you prepare everything for your dream wedding. We end up going with one of their packages and the result was the happiest day of our lives. The venue is a summer stunner. You can rent the whole villa and have your family and friends stay together. It can't be better than that!

Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita's reply:

Dear Andrea,
    It was truly a pleasure to be part of such an important and special day for you and your husband. Thank You for trusting Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita to make your dream wedding come to reality. We hope the best for you and your partner. May God bless your family and future always.

Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita Staff
  • Kristina
    Kristina M. Married on 08/08/2020

Do not hire this vendor

I sent multiple e-mails and messages through Wedding Wire to this vendor in August of 2019. I finally reached them by phone in November after several attempts with this method. This should have been my first red flag but I really loved the venue and the idea of having all my family and friends at one location.

Once I reached them in November, I immediately placed a 50% deposit for the site accommodations because I was so nervous that it would become booked for my date. My fiancé and I are both military and had just found out in November that we would both be deployed the following year, so the date was very important for us.

After I made a $3,141 deposit for the accommodations only (not for the wedding/event yet), it took me over 2 months and several e-mail and phone call attempts to actually received a contract or receipt for my $3000+ payment. My fiancé continued to reassure me that everything would be okay. My fiancé handled booking an appointment while we were back home visiting family.

The day of the appointment came and we showed up about 15 minutes early. The gate was locked and there were no staff members on site. A staff member had called us back and gave us the code to let ourselves in a "go take a look around."

Once we let ourselves in, we walked all of the outdoor spaces of the property. It was completely trashed and looked like no one had done any maintenance on the exterior of the property in months. Coconuts were floating in the pool and rotting on the paved areas, spiderwebs were covering walkways and paths and it was quite obvious that no one had been there in quite a while.

We spent 30 minutes at the property - in addition to the time we waited to gain entrance to the facility. During these 30 minutes, no staff member showed up to show us the interior of the buildings or the rest of the property so we left.

A week later we contacted Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita to cancel our reservation. Per the contract, you can receive 100% of the amount paid towards your deposit (to be used to change the date) OR 75% of the total amount paid back in the event of cancelation. We requested to cancel. Liz told us both via e-mail and by phone that we would receive a 25% penalty on the deposit and that the rest would be returned. Quite upsetting to us after going through everything we'd already been through with his vendor, they only returned 50% of our deposit.

Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita ended up pocketing $1564 from us for doing absolutely nothing for us. Beware of this vendor if you're considering it.

Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita's reply:

One of the most beautiful things about the property is the tropical scenery. In the tropic is very normal to find coconuts, also spider webs that grows one day to the other. The villa was not occupied the visited week and we always leave the villa and common area final conditioning to one or two days prior to the occupancy. We encourage to appreciate all the beauty through our site since 11 acres are very costly to maintain if nobody is going to enjoy it. We do not want to increase our rates unnecessary. You can see how beautiful and neat all our wedding areas and villas are upon arrival.
    We had more than 15 communications including three quotes and change to the event date without any additional charge or penalty. Also, we received apologies from Kristina Larson for not getting back to us soon because she is in the military and was getting deployed. Two weeks prior to their visit everything was fine as mentioned by Josemay Morales.
    We did not hold anything from the event. The amount retained was for the stay that depend on how far from the arriving date it is cancelled. As all other vacation rental and event venues, we have a cancellation policy known by our guests. We are sorry that an alleged few minutes wait (because the entrance code was sent to them on November 12th,2019), ruined such a significant event. It would be bad if the cancellation reason was other thing (such as deployment problems) and was put up on us to get a refund not knowing the review can affect other people choice to enjoy the beautiful property.