Manna Music Reviews

Manna Music 3
Manna Music 4
Manna Music 5

Laura Swanson · Married on 12/31/2018

Phil kept the dance floor full!

Phil deejay’d our New Year’s Eve wedding on 12/31/18! He was thorough, friendly and a pleasure to work with during all stages of the planning process! He provided music during our ceremony (coordinating with the soloist & cinematographer), cocktails, dinner and reception! I (the bride) made some last minute requests for songs to be added a few days before the wedding and he started incorporating them right away! He is very detailed oriented, takes pride in his work and goes above and beyond to ensure the bride and groom are happy! He kept the momentum going leading up to the NYE countdown with a variety of music. We could have danced a few more hours! Thank you, Phil!

Manna Music 6

Marie · Married on 12/29/2018

the BEST DJ for the BEST price!!

It was obvious that our wedding was important to Phil. If you want people to dance all night and enjoy themselves, hire him now! He literally had the best price. Would recommend him to anyone!!!

Manna Music 7
    Manna Music 8
    Manna Music 9
    Manna Music 10

Cameron Laidlaw · Married on 10/27/2018

We danced the night away!

Thank you Phil! Your energy, music and kindness made our 30 Year HS reunion complete!
    C. Laidlaw

Megan · Married on 10/06/2018

Great dj and communicator

Phil was great to work with. We talked with him early on in the process and had another meeting with him closer to the day. We talked through our must play/do not play lists as well as the timeline for the day. He had a ton of experience at our venue which proved to be super helpful since he knew more than we did and had seen things done a lot of different ways. He also had to do the music for our ceremony and had all the sound figured out for that as well as the reception. He was a great emcee of our event and had everyone dancing all night. Great value for the price as well! Definitely recommend, especially if you're getting married at the Grand Ballroom in Joliet as he really has the sound down in a venue that can be very loud and difficult.

Nicole M Serwa · Married on 09/29/2018

Phil is the absolute best!

Phil is the absolute best! I seriously could not have asked for anyone better to DJ our wedding. We are so happy he was available on our wedding date! We knew he would do a great job, since we attended 5 weddings he was the DJ for. And all 5 couples were at our wedding! Everyone at our wedding was so impressed by the wide range of music we had and he kept the crowd dancing all night. He is very professional and accommodated all of our last minute decisions and changes. We couldn’t be happier.

Christine · Married on 09/22/2018

25 years ago my husband and I had the pleasure of having Phil, from Manna Music, dj and emcee our wedding reception. A magical evening was had by all due in part to Phil's amazing talent to keep the party going. While planning my daughter's wedding for this past September, we were delighted to see that Phil was still in the music business. We never gave it a second thought as to who we would like for her wedding. Phil was amazing. The dance floor was full all night long. Phil is professional, friendly and nothing short of amazing. I highly recommend Manna Music for any occasion.

Maggie · Married on 09/08/2018

DJ Phi was fantastic. From start to finish, he answered every question, accommodated everything we asked for, and had the dance floor packed all night long! This is the 3rd time he has done a wedding for my family, and I'm sure not the last. He is so personable, and even was able to use my grandma's song for mine and my dad's first dance, which made it even more special! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! Everyone that I have talked to after the wedding said how fun it was and that they never wanted to leave the dance floor! Thanks DJ Phil for everything!!

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

AMAZING! Phil is wonderful. He did my parents wedding and 25 years later DJ’d mine. The dance floor was full from start to beginning. I couldn’t have asked for a better day! Thank you Phil! - Lauren and Jake

Jacklyn · Married on 08/11/2018

Phil was great! He was extremely thorough with the planning process. He came to our venue to see what he would need for the sound during our outdoor ceremony. I was confident that he would be prepared on our big day. We had lots of compliments from our guests about the music and he kept everyone dancing all night. I would highly recommend him!

Lindsay · Married on 07/28/2018

Phil wants to see people on the dance floor having a good time and will put your song requests into the perfect sequence to get the party started.

Kelsey · Married on 07/20/2018

Phil went above and beyond and made sure every detail was carried out exactly how we wanted. He was professional and accommodated every last minute changes we had. Thank you Phil!

Lena · Married on 07/14/2018

Fantastic Job!

Manna music did a fantastic job with our wedding ceremony and reception music! Starting off, their website made it easy to search for and choose the music necessary for each event, as well as special requests to play throughout the reception. Mark was very accommodating, working with our officiant for the ceremony and answering all of our questions throughout the process. Our wedding included guests from every decade since the 1940’s through today, and everyone had a great time. We highly recommend Manna music!

Jill · Married on 06/30/2018

EXTREMELY FANTASTIC! Very detailed and thorough from the beginning to the end of the whole wedding planning process. You can tell that he really loves what he does, it's not just a gig/job for him, it is a true passion of his. He has a gift of reading your guests' reactions to the music playing and makes it more of an art than a playlist. Never a dull moment on the dance floor. I would definitely recommend him at ANY event you may have. He really is not just a DJ, but a true ARTIST! Can't say I'd change one thing about my experience with him! 5 stars all the way. My guests couldn't believe how awesome the music was, I even attended a wedding 2 weeks after mine, and was extremely overjoyed with just how lucky I truly was to have Phil as my DJ and not someone else. You'd be sorry not to have his as your DJ!

Heather · Married on 06/09/2018

We could not have had a better DJ. Phil is the best in the business!

Dolly · Married on 05/26/2018

Phil was one of the reasons our reception was over-the-top so incredibly fun! We had a wide range of ages from 16 to 80+ and everyone loved the music. From the cocktail hour to the lively dancing, Phil attributed tremendously to the mood of each portion of the evening. His experience and knowledge of music was truly evident! All our guests raved about the music. (And he's very particular and spends quality time planning with you prior to the event to ensure he creates the atmosphere you are seeking.). His timing, expertise, and attention to detail make him the best dj! He even took pictures when he had a moment at the reception to share with us knowing we didn't hire a photographer. He's a class act and looks like it when he's dj-ing, dressed in a tux. He's extremely professional and courteous with guests, trying to play their requests when possible. Thanks, Phil, for making our reception the best!

Marisa · Married on 02/17/2018

Phil with Manna Music is an incredible DJ! He is friendly, professional, experienced, and has the newlywed's best interests at heart. He took so much stress off my shoulders as a bride and made everything run smoothly from the moment the guests arrived at the reception to the very last song. Make sure you find a DJ that doesn't just shuffle songs but is actually invested in you! We highly recommend that you book with Phil. He is amazing!

Amos · Married on 11/12/2017

Phil from Manna Music was a great DJ. From working with us to see what music choices would work to taking our unique music choices and integrating them so that multiple audiences could enjoy made a big difference. I highly recommend Phil as your DJ.

Andrew · Married on 11/11/2017

Phil was a true professional and outstanding DJ. Everyone commented that it was one of the most fun weddings they had ever been too, and Manna Music was a huge part of it!!

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

Phil is seemingly a local legend. He is such a nice guy and wants nothing more than to please the bride and groom. He knows how to read a crowd and keeps the floor packed. We loved working with Phil!

Elise · Married on 10/07/2017

Phil is just awesome!! Music is a really big part of our lives, so my husband and I wanted someone who would understand our taste in music and would work with us to play some non-standard tunes. Putting together our playlist of songs for the reception was super easy and Phil made sure we had all of the right versions of the songs we wanted played during our ceremony. He did a great job keeping everything moving through the reception and then kept everyone on the dance floor for the rest of the night - we didn't want the night to end! Phil is a really great guy, really great DJ, and I will be recommending him to all of my engaged friends in the future!

Allison · Married on 09/03/2017

Phil did an amazing job! We were left without a DJ two weeks before our wedding. Phil was able to meet with us to help start planning our event right away. He was very professional and made sure he had every detail worked out before the event. He communicated with the event coordinator to keep things running smoothly throughout the day, and he kept people dancing all night long. We received many compliments about him at the end of the night. We would definitely recommend his service!

Ghislaine · Married on 08/20/2017

Phil is very professional. He is very communicative and involved with our planning by calling us and being particular with details he needed to make the program for the reception a success. He also threw in a bonus by setting up the ceremony audio system. My husband and I loved working with him. Very approachable. He truly helped make our wedding party a blast. I highly recommend this guy for your party!!!!! I wish I could give Phil extra stars. Thanks Phil.

Breanna · Married on 08/19/2017

Manna Music just did my wedding and I am so happy with everything they did. Even weeks leading up to the wedding day, the DJ would be in contact with me making sure everything was perfect for our special day. My dad sang our first song and Phil, the DJ, was in constant contact with him making sure everything went smoothly. The genres of music he chose was perfect for all ages. He knew how to keep the party going and I don't think half the people ever left the dance floor that was because of him. I cannot recommend Manna Music more. They truly helped with making my special day perfect!!

Kirk · Married on 07/14/2017

The dj was very professional and he was very focused on making sure the dance floor was full all night

Mike · Married on 07/01/2017

Phil did a great job with us to prepare the evening and the dance floor was full the entire night!!