51 Reviews for Manhattan City Music

Sample Music (1)
Lighting (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
47 Manhattan City Music Reviews

THEY ARE FABULOUS!! My only daughter’s wedding so I wanted a band that kept people on the dance floor all night long, and MCM deliver! Victor is the best, a real pro! and very sincere and accommodating. All night I had people asking me “who are these guys....where did you find them....I can’t stop dancing.....best wedding ever” Most important thing was they put everyone in such a great mood that my daughter couldn’t stop smiling all night !

Profile Picture Rob, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

MCM was absolutely amazing! The entire wedding was up and dancing from the start and didn't stop until they kicked us out of the venue! Victor, the band manager (also sax and vocals) was a pleasure to work with...thumbs up all around..HIGHLY recommend.

Profile Picture April, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

AMAZING! Victor and the band did a phenomenal job. My husband and I wanted our wedding to be one for the books. Our wedding was so much fun! The range of musical variety MCM covers is great. They started the day with an instrumental duo for our ceremony. Followed by the Great American song book for our Cocktail Hour. Our reception included an 8 piece band which was a huge hit with our guests! Our guests kept telling us how amazing the band was and how much fun and different our wedding was. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night. People are still telling us they have never had that much fun at a wedding before. We had a wide range of ages and they did a great job combining different genres and time periods of music. The band brings an amazing energy to your event. They get into the dance floor and dance with guests, play instruments in the middle of the dance floor, and have guests sing with them. Each member of the band brings a different vocal range which makes every song seem like a new act. With MCM you don't just get a band or DJ you get a whole experience and endless entertainment for your guests. They are also so easy to work with. Wedding planning is hard but MCM are professionals and know what they are doing. Your search is over !

They are also amazing for events as my father has worked with MCM for several events and always speaks highly of them. As soon as we started wedding planning my father knew exactly who would be handling the music and we are so glad we took his advice!

Profile Picture Nathalie, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I couldn't have chosen a better band for our wedding than Manhattan City Music, who kept our guests on the dance floor ALL night! I should note that we had an interesting challenge. Many of our guests were from Texas, and so we had a few regional requests. The band nailed it, and our guests continue to talk about how great they were. If anyone reading this is considering Manhattan City Music, I would encourage you to sign them right away! Thank you, Victor and crew! ~ Catie and Jason

Profile Picture Catie, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Victor and his team were amazing! Victor was a pleasure to deal with from the first meeting through the wedding! They learned a completely new song for us for our first dance and did an incredible job! The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had an amazing time! Thank you so much Manhattan City Music!

Profile Picture Tamar, 5/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

We got married in May and hired Manhattan City Music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Victor and the band were great and our guests told us they were one of the best wedding bands they have experienced. They also provided our pinspotting and did coordinated customizeable uplighting. It was a very great deal and Victor was very pleasant to work with from start to finish. Oh and the photobooth option was a nice touch and we got to see electronic copies of them all. I would definitely recommend Manhattan City Music.

Profile Picture Philip, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Victor was absolutely AMAZING from start to finish. He was so professional, and such a pleasure to work with. He was available to answer any and every question we had for him, and did so in a timely, courteous manner. We had a 50 person wedding at The Ritz-Carlton Battery Park on 9/4/2016. It was a family only wedding, and Victor knew exactly how to cater to the crowed. He has a beautiful voice, and is an excellent musician as well. I can honestly say, without a doubt, that Victor made our wedding. Aside from being the perfect DJ for our wedding, Victor is also just a good person. You can see he is genuinely happy, and loves what he does. I highly recommend hiring Victor Lesser from Manhattan City Music for your next event-- you will be so glad you did!!! -Brittany L.

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Manhattan City Music for our NYC wedding in July and they were nothing short of magnificent. Victor was extremely easy to work with throughout the planning process and helped create a truly unique and tailored wedding experience. The entertainment was one of our top priorities and Manhattan City Music absolutely delivered. From the ceremony music to cocktail hour through the reception Victor and his team didn’t miss a beat. They played with amazing energy throughout the night and kept our guests dancing all night long. They played a great mix of new hits and classics that all of our guests enjoyed. Their energy, sound and ability to control and play to the room were perfect. The various sounds and distinct voices (Victor does a great Sinatra!) were truly unique and sounded amazing throughout the night. In fact, many of our guests stated that it was the “best wedding band they had ever seen”, and we agree! We would highly recommend Manhattan City Music to anyone. Also the price is very fair and I believe MCM provided much greater value than most of their competitors. Thanks again Victor for an amazing experience.

Profile Picture Erica, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Absolutely fabulous group of musicians. We had 15 pieces. It was an Orchestra. Friends/Family/Relatives continue to compliment us on the Band. Victor Lesser has done about a half dozen events for me over the past 20 years. He never disappoints. A class act !!

Profile Picture James, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Manhattan City Music was absolutlely fantastic. It made my wedding so special and personal. The team at MCM helped us with all our planning for the evening. Everyone showed up early as promised and made for a stressfree fabulous party. The vocalists in the band were all amazing. We had an eclectic request list that included alot of recent dance tunes for our friends and some older classics for our parents friends. And they sounded great on all of it. I would recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture User5566239, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Victor and his team were above and beyond amazing. I had the impossible dream to have one company for a string trio for ceremony, dj with live music for the reception, a photo boooth,photography, and videography. Manhattan city music was my dream come true. Everything was done at the highest level and I couldn't be happier. My experience was stress free and my guests were beyond happy. Thank you victor, bryan, and bryan.

Profile Picture Domenica, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Photography, Videography

We used Manhattan City Music for our wedding--during the cocktail hour and reception. I can't say enough great things about them! Their price was very reasonable, they were professional and responsive throughout the whole process, and they sounded amazing! Our guests are still talking about how great the band was! They took our suggestions for what music to play and we ended up loving every single song. They sound incredible and they really made our wedding a night to remember!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Manhattan City Music did a great job. Excellent selection of music kept the dance floor packed all night. Will be using them again in the near future.

Profile Picture Wayne, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Manhattan City Music provided pre-ceremony musicians, music for the ceremony and the DJ for the reception.

They were affordable, professional, prompt and provided more than we paid for.

Victor, the DJ, is also an accomplished saxophone player and he played live during the reception.

This is not something we contracted, or paid extra for. He just did it. And we still hear from guest, months later, how impressive it was.

We would highly recommend Manhattan City Music and use them again ourselves if the right situation presented itself.

Profile Picture Tim, 12/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

This group was great! My husband and I truly enjoyed every moment of our wedding at the Thayer Hotel this past September 2014 and Manhattan City Music was a big part of that success!

There were two things on my "Must Haves" list when beginning plans for our wedding: 1. Open Bar and 2. Live Music. The Thayer Hotel (which was outstanding with stunning views of the Hudson River!) recommended Manhattan City Music and I'm THRILLED that they did! Victor Lesser, the band director, was responsive and timely--which is always so helpful when planning large events--he met with us in person and multiple times over the phone, he was very professional, and his band talent was exceptional! We had the time of our lives, and our guests and families did, too!

I felt that, even though they seem to be a very busy and scheduled group, we had a very personal experience with Victor. He went over every detail of the reception with us in the days before the wedding, offering advice and asking lots of great questions, and I knew we were in good hands!

The value of Victor and his band's experience was made very clear in how seamless the whole evening seemed to go!

I could have danced ALL night!

Profile Picture User4459757, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

We can't say enough about Victor Lesser. He is accomodating and flawless. Victor goes the distance to make sure your vision is as beautiful to listen too as to see.

Profile Picture susan, 6/28/14, 1 Review

In a word: amazing!

Victor gave us so much more than we could ever have anticipated.

Not only did he painstakingly review every detail of the reception to ensure a perfect flow, but he also made sure he understood our impossibly eclectic music tastes and DJ'd accordingly.

In the middle of the reception, we suddenly heard phenomenal saxophone playing along with one of the songs. It was Victor serenading our guests. Later, during another song, we heard someone singing live....Yup. Victor again. Everyone was stunned at his incredible musical talent.

We paid for him to DJ (and provide an excellent wedding photographer). But what we got was a party planner and entertainer extraordinaire.

We truly appreciate all Victor did to contribute to our magical wedding day. Our guests could not stop talking and raving about him the day after and were awe-struck by his performance.

We highly and heartily recommend him without reservation. Run do not walk. Best DJ in Manhattan!

Profile Picture Jodi, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Photography

Victor Lesser and Manhattan City Music was a great choice as DJ for my wedding. He played music that we requested, including some from our varied backgrounds. Most importantly, he gave the evening shape, paying close attention to what was going on and bringing energy up or down as needed. He is a real pro.

Profile Picture User3941801, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The band was excellent. All the guest enjoyed them as well. Couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture User4457102, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Manhattan City Music is amazing! I used them for my wedding in April and people are still talking about the amazing performance they put on for us because that it was it truly was! No one sat the ENTIRE night! We rock and we rolled, we had SO MUCH FUN!!! I wish I could do it all over again JUST BECAUSE of MCM! It was truly a night to remember, everyone was amazing and so friendly! Thank you SO much for an incredible night that we will never forget!!

Profile Picture Mallory, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

We're so happy we picked Manhattan City Music. Every person at our wedding commented on how great the band was. They literally signed up two more weddings (friends of ours) afterwards. They KILLED it!! Thank you Victor and MCM!!! -Friar DM

Profile Picture User4099605, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Victor Lesser lived up to everything he said he would and more! Manhattan City Music made my party great. I was concerned that I'd have a quiet/short wedding considering we only had 57 guests (about 10 of whom are under the age of 13 and another 10 are over the age of 55) but somehow Manhattan City Music kept everyone up and dancing all night! They made my party lively and fun!! They were simply fabulous and I cannot recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 12/29/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Victor Lesser and Manhattan City Music were beyond what we could have hoped for the day of our wedding. We enlisted their services to play as a band (guitar and keyboard/piano) for our ceremony and during the reception rotating with our DJ. From the start Manhattan City Music was professional, accommodating and an overall pleasure to work with. They took the vibe and song list that we wanted and ran with it, making it their own. Our guests still can't stop talking about the music from our wedding day. It was perfect I couldn't have asked for better music. I would 100% recommend Manhattan City Music to anyone looking for music for an event.

Profile Picture Gina, 11/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Victor and all of the musicians of Manhattan City Music were incredibly talented, attentive to our requests, and professional in all of our interactions! They set the tone for an outstanding wedding celebration where tables were empty and the dance floor was packed for the entire evening! So many people offered overwhelming compliments--we couldn't have been more pleased!

Profile Picture User3526226, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews