Mangoes Restaurant Reviews

4.7

• Christina
    Christina E. Married on 01/10/2022

Wonderful Welcome Party

We had our wedding welcome party at mangoes restaurant on the outside patio area under the giant mango tree. Great venue and location. Definitely recommend. Prices were very reasonable compared to other restaurants. We had our area sectioned off from the rest of the restaurant which was nice. I originally was working with a Brit via email on the event and then switched to a Carrie. Carrie greeted me in person the night of the event and was very pleasant and professional and was available the entire night in case we needed anything. We had our own 2 bartenders assigned to us with a cash bar. Food was great and tons of options from stationary platters to passed appetizers by the wait staff. The area was well decorated and lighting was great. Guest did not want to leave.
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 06/15/2019

Destination Wedding Made Easy

Desiree with Mangoes has made my destination planning seamless! Quick responses, options, pictures and helpful recommendations galore. I do not doubt we will be pleasantly pleased when we show up.
    Ashley Married on 06/02/2016
    If Mangoes is on your list of wedding caterers or reception locations, choose them! We had our wedding reception upstairs on the restaurant property, which is beautiful. The location was perfect for us, right on Duval! We could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. They were incredibly accommodating and professional. We had freedom to do just about whatever we wanted to do. The food was delicious and very fairly priced. Heather, Maria, Shawn, and Mecayah were all wonderful to us and our guests thoroughly enjoyed the service as well.

We couldn't be more appreciative to the Mangoes staff for helping us make our special night so memorable.
    Christine Married on 06/05/2015
    Mangoes catered our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception. The food was excellent and the service was too. Heather helped us choose the menu and design our signature drink for our rehearsal and wedding reception. Many of our guests commented that our wedding was top shelf all the way. We couldn't be happier.
  • User1981111 2+ years ago
    After renewing our vows on the beach we enjoyed an amazing lunch at Mango's. The food and service was excellent.
    Bianca Event on: 11/15/2014
    I used Mangoes for the reherasal dinner for my destination wedding in Key West. They did an amazing job! Heather and her team were amazing. We used the outdoor patio with an amzaing old tree and lights. Perfect place for a laid back Key West style dinner for family and friends. Food was amazing, staff was friendly & professional.
    Maria J. Married on 07/26/2014
    I can't express how happy I am with mangoes; the staff was fa nominal , friendly, happy and pleasant. The food was delicious and the upstairs room where we had cocktail hour was beautiful. The management team was easy to work with, specially Heather. Thank you mangoes for being part of our special day.
    Courtney Married on 06/21/2014
    What an amazing laid back venue for our reception! Heather was great to work with, even with my last minute menu change. She really went above and beyond helping with everything. The food was amazing. Everyone raved about the mahi mahi. Great servers/bartenders as well. So, so happy we chose Mangoes!
    Emily Married on 06/16/2014
    We cannot say enough about the professionalism, quality and service of Mangoes. We had our reception dinner scheduled for the garden. When we arrived at the restaurant most of our guests were already there along with a big storm moving in. Heather (who helped plan our dinner from the start), met us at the entrance with a plan to move us that would get us out of the incoming rain and without it being a big deal for our guests. Our dinner was relocated to a different section of the restaurant and tables along with decor moved within 10 minutes. Kim our server for the evening ran non stop while being short handed and we didn't even know until after the dinner. The food all our guests talked about even days after our wedding. We had the filet, snapper, chicken and pork as options. All were great. The mango ice cream for dessert was a hit as well. Thank you Heather and Kim for all your help and outstanding service to make our day so special!!!
  • jackie
    Jackie Married on 04/05/2014
    wonderful experience. we had been planning our wedding with them for a whole year. The staff was friendly and Heather was very helpful. The bartenders for the wedding where amazing and Heather made it look amazing in the top floor! If you guys want great food, and a great experience do not hesitate to do business with Mango's.
    Julie Married on 06/16/2012
    We can't rave enough about Mangoes! We had our wedding reception in the upstairs part of the restaurant. There was a separate entrance, a large bar, separate restrooms, a balcony, and 2 large, open rooms. Heather and Jackie worked hard to make sure everything was perfect and even allowed us to come in the day before and the morning of the wedding to get things squared away. Having never been to the restaurant before, we were a little nervous about not having tasted the food, but we were VERY pleased. Everything was delicious and our guests were talking about how good it was all night. We highly recommend Mangoes!
    Angelina Married on 01/08/2015
    We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Mangoes in Jan 2015. Our wedding was small, about 25 people, and Mangoes was the perfect size for our party. The food and venue were wonderful, and they were very accomodating to our vegetarian guests! All of guests were complimenting us on how nice the dinner was. I would definitely reccomend them for small party weddings/rehearsal dinners!
  • User1562033 2+ years ago
    Food was EXCELLENT.
    We did passed apps and a few stations for guests to pick at during our wedding reception. So many compliments!!!!

Area of improvement: communication and customer service. IE: we traveled 4 1/2 hours for what we thought was our tasting meeting and they had nothing prepared for us. Clear communication is key!

• Kaelyn
    Kaelyn A. Married on 11/14/2020

Great venue, horrible coordinator

Ok let me start with the positive...this place was GORGEOUS and the food and drinks were great. Carlos was outstanding and did all the setup and took care of everything the day of our wedding because our coordinator (Brittany Morrell) was nowhere in site. We LOVED our bartender as well. Her and Carlos were so sweet and treated us like family. Now back to my coordinator, Brittany...She was god awful throughout the entire process. I’d go weeks without responses and had to contact all the vendors and rental places myself. She consistently forgot our selections and was very unorganized. When I spoke with the manager he insisted that Brittany was the best coordinator they had and to continue with her so against my better judgement, that’s what I did. I found out a month before our wedding that all the pictures she had sent me had rented gold chairs and that ours were going to be black. (I found that out by watching a video on Mangoes Instagram) so when I asked her about this she told me I could rent chairs elsewhere and didn’t offer to help with anything or apologize for not telling me these BASIC details. The day before our wedding we did a walkthrough at the venue and that’s when she introduces us to the WONDERFUL Carlos and told us she wouldn’t be at our wedding. A complete and total surprise to us but honestly, for the better. The day of our wedding I received multiple calls from Carlos asking about what I wanted for the setup and trying to make it perfect for me because Brittany failed to give him all the details I discussed with her on multiple occasions. All in all I would say this venue is a MUST have at a decent price but DONT accept Brittany as your coordinator.
    Jackie Married on 04/14/2012
    Fantastic food. The day of the wedding they pulled it together and everyone raved. They took care of the Bride and Groom so we actually ate a full meal and also served my grandparents, too. We were happy.