Mango Punch! Reviews

31 | Houston, TX

31 Reviews for Mango Punch!

Mango Punch! 1
Mango Punch! 2
  • Adriana

Adriana · Getting married on 02/09/2019

Latin/English band

Wonderful! Super sweet! Soulful fun latin music

Cindy · Married on 01/06/2018

Walter Suhr and Mango Punch are the most entertaining band you’ll find anywhere. Walter goes over and beyond to make sure your event is the best it can be. I highly recommend them for any social event!

Mango Punch! 3
    Mango Punch! 4
  • I

Ivonne · Married on 08/04/2017

Very professional had the guests on the dance floor all night long. Mango Punch is Awsome!!!

Cindy · Married on 05/27/2017

Mango Punch! was a huge hit at our wedding! The entire night, and even weeks after the wedding people still tell us about how much fun they had because of the band. From the initial visit Walter was very accommodating with all of our requests, offering helpful suggestions and answering all of our questions. The night of the wedding the band was great! I don't know of many bands that would have been able to accomdate a mixture (and variety) of Spanish , top 40, and even Greek music! Mango Punch! kept everyone dancing the whole night. We would highly recommend Mango Punch! for your wedding or next event.

Dianna · Married on 01/16/2016

Mango Punch was amazing and possibly the best part of the wedding reception! I had seen them perform 5 years ago at another wedding and I always kept them in mind for my future wedding. So I was incredibly excited to find out that they were available for our wedding and couldn't wait to see them again!

People danced all night and the band kept everyone's energy up till the end! We received so many comments from our guests both that night as well as in the week's following the wedding because everyone was very impressed with Mango Punch. They made our night super special and so fun! We highly recommend them!

Mayte · Married on 10/23/2015

Mango Punch is the best in town, they are the life of the party, the music is always right on, fun, amazing and very reliable and professional.
    I would recommend Mango Punch for a Wedding, Corporate event, any event he bring his talent, his contagious smile and his genuine self. Good business person and incredible musician, We have been his fans for over 20 years.

Mango Punch provided fabulous music at our daughter's wedding. They had everyone dancing from beginning to end. Our family and guests all loved the music! Additionally, dealing with Walter, the band leader was such a pleasant experience. He is professional, personable, well mannered, respectful and very receptive to your music requests. We loved Mango Punch!!!! They are the best. We recommend them without reservations!!!!

Lorena · Married on 02/14/2015

Brides/Grooms
    Look no further! If you want your party to have the absolute best entertainment then Mango Punch is sure to deliver. Walter Suhr (band leader) went above and beyond to meet our expectations. We met with him to discuss our music preferences and he made us feel very comfortable and was able to play the exact songs we wanted to hear. I cannot express with words how happy we are to have had such great and talented musicians on stage on our big day. I really loved the variety of music!! Not a single dull moment! Everyone was on that dance floor! Walter even makes the perfect MC! More importantly they are PROFESSIONALS!! So if you want your wedding to be the talk of the town you need to have MANGO PUNCH!

Jonathan · Married on 01/24/2015

Wonderful entertainment! All of our guests raved about Walter Suhr and the rest of Mango Punch and about what fun they had dancing to Mango Punch's music. Highly recommend!

Liz · Married on 01/10/2015

Walter was amazing! His band made my wedding a night I will always remember.

Dalia · Married on 05/25/2014

5+ star experience all around - music, service, energy, friendliness, ambiance, professionalism..

Service: Incredible treatment, responsiveness and friendliness when working with Susana to figure out event logistics. She was flexible and did everything in her power to accommodate our request for a latin style wedding in Austin.

Band: Words cannot describe the energy, vibrance and rhythm that Walter and his band brought to our wedding. The reception went on from about 10:30PM - 7AM. There was not a dull moment on this dance floor and this is greatly a tribute to Walter and his band's ability to connect with the guests, feel what type of music should be played to keep a full dance floor and upbeat environment. Mango Punch's talent is obvious with their incredible music that gets even the guest who thought they would be the party pooper up on the dance floor enjoying themselves. I can't speak highly enough of their thoughtful approach to giving every guest a memorable experience. Almost two years later, we still have people recall how great Mango Punch was and how much they danced at out wedding. As the bride and groom, we didn't sit down for a single moment. Mango Punch made our wedding everything we imagined and more. I would highly recommend them (and already have) to anyone looking for a talented band that knows how to get people out of their chairs onto the dance floor! I'm still searching for ways I can redo my wedding night just for the opportunity of having Mango Punch with us on the dance floor :) Hopefully we can do that for an upcoming event that we're planning. In all honesty, there is no way words can capture the positive experience we all had with Mango Punch... I do have a wedding clip that translates this feeling a bit more!

For latins - Mango Punch has the vibe, style and energy of Carlos Vives. What more can you ask for? Mango Punch also has great songs of their own, a CD that we listen to often :)

Charlie · Married on 01/11/2014

Mango Punch made my son's wedding a spectacular event. They kept our guests dancing from the time they started until they played their last song. Walter Suhr is awesome is engaging the guests in some of his dance music. Mango Punch's performance is par excellence.

Denise · Married on 11/30/2013

Our family just loves Mango Punch! Walter's music is fun and engaging. He and his crew know how to engage a crowd and get everyone moving and dancing. They work with you in picking out the music you want for your party and they even learned new songs at our request! Mango Punch is number one in town for good tunes and good times! Very professional. We highly recommend Mango Punch!

Carmen · Married on 11/23/2013

Mango Punch was fantastic! Would recommend them to anyone who wants a great and memorable night!

Danielle · Married on 08/24/2013

We knew the moment we started planning our wedding that we wanted Mango Punch to perform at our reception. We have been fans of the band for a long time and they provide such a great variety of music; we had so many guests and people were dancing all night long!

Walter was great to work with and had all of our music prepared and played some special requests. The band was all set up by the time we arrived and helped keep the flow going all night long even through the breaks. Our wedding was a year and a half ago and people still tell how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed the band! We would highly recommend Mango Punch for any wedding, company event, fundraising event, etc... they definitely keep the party going!

Mango Punch is the most awesome band ever! They totally made our reception a super fun party that people will talk about for years to come. They had the entire dance floor packed out for the entire length of the reception. People who NEVER dance were out on the dance floor. Walter is amazing and engaging and very personal. He mixed up various genres of fun dance music and kept people enthused. I can't say enough of how great Walter and his band are. They made our night spectacular!

Mango Punch is absolutely the best band! Walter is a professional; he keep the party going all night. Very elegant and fun!

• Angela

Angela · Married on 05/19/2012

If I could give them 10 stars I would! Walter was so nice and made the reception very memorable. Everyone keeps commenting to me how much they loved the music and how much fun they had dancing. Walter knows how to keep the party going and reads the crowd VERY well so that there is never an empty dance floor. Non stop fun until the very end! Thank you so much!

Nicole · Married on 02/18/2012

Walter and Mango Punch made our wedding day so fun and memorable. Almost 7 months later, people are still talking about how much fun our wedding was and what a great party it was. I will never never forget what a good time it was, and so much of that credit goes to Walter and the band. First off, let me say that Walter was very flexible in meeting with us and discussing what music we wanted at our wedding. My family is South American and my husband's family is from Louisiana and Georgia so we knew we needed a good mix of everything. Mango Punch really did it all for us! Definitely was worth the money to have a fantastic band at our reception. I can't think about the band without a big smile on my face and we are fans for life! Our day would not have been the same without them. Thank you guys so much!!

Marissa · Married on 11/05/2011

Mango Punch really made my wedding night fun and really engaged all my guests. I would recommed this band to anyone who is looking for a professional band who knows how to make any occasion fun!

• User4798835 · event on: 09/05/2014

we had Mango punch for our 10 year unniversary at work and they did an amazing job! I will recommend them to any one.

• User4805351 · event on: 03/01/2014

We had Mango Punch for a black tie gala in March of 2014. As always, they were FABULOUS to work with. Walter and his team met us before to talk about our playlist, expectations and other details. They did a wonderful job of engaging the audience, and their music and vibe is just spectacular! Mango Punch played at my wedding and both of my siblings' weddings. Can't wait for another party so we can dance to fun music of Mango Punch!

Christina · event on: 11/29/2014

This was The most fun and entertaining band I've seen. I was so lucky to have them at my engagement party. We never stopped dancing and Walter was so engaging and wonderful at getting the crowd involved. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Mango Punch!! 10 stars!

• User4912348 · event on: 03/22/2015

Mango Punch gets 5/5 stars from me--they were easy to work with and followed my requirements perfectly! I was planning a 25th anniversary reception for my company in Houston, but because we're based in California I had no idea who to book for our band. The venue recommended the band to me and I'm so glad they did! Walter was responsive and respectful. I had asked the band to play more classic/oldies type songs because of our crowd...but then once the party got started (and people started drinking), the dance floor got more and more popular. Mango Punch adapted perfectly and adjusted the music accordingly. They played songs they knew I would be ok with but started doing the more fun, playful type of song since people were dancing. I was really impressed by their show. Everyone had a blast!

I would recommend Walter and Mango Punch because their music is good, they were a fun band to have at our party, and they listened to what I needed and followed accordingly. They were also punctual, and were flexible when I had to interrupt them so our president could give a speech. If I'm ever back in Houston and need a band, they will definitely be my go-to!