Mane and Mascara Reviews

Mane and Mascara 5
Mane and Mascara 6
Mane and Mascara 7

Jillian · Getting married on 12/31/2020

Mandy is so creative!! You’ll always get that Pinterest worthy updo or style with her. Can’t recommend her enough<3

Sent on 07/17/2018

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Thank you so much Jillian! Pinterest worthy updos and styles are amazing to hear:) Happy to hear she did a great job!

Tori · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Mandy O. Was/is the bomb diggity. She’s so sweet and so skilled. She’s amazing at keeping her clients calm and happy and stress free because of how amazingly talented and personable she is. She’s awesome at styling your hair custom to the way you envision it. definitely recommend this sweet and talented soul.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Keeping everyone calm is definitely something we try our hardest to do, so we appreciate the acknowledgement ;) Glad you loved your hair!
  • Laura

Laura Horbal · Married on 05/03/2019

Professional and Caring

Mane and mascara provided professional service with care and transformed me into a beautiful bride.
    I highly recommend them for above and beyond service with attention to detail and perfection!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Mane and Mascara 8
    Mane and Mascara 9

Chloe Goble · Married on 05/01/2019

Mane and Mascara Experience

I am always so pleased with how Jen does my hair. She is a very talented human. The blow out styles she’s capable of are so exquisitely professional. Its a very nice experience.

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Love you Chloe! Thank you so much for taking the time to review me:) See you again soon for more blow outs!

Kayla Milroy · Married on 04/20/2019

Super talented and great personality!

Jen is an amazing hair stylist and business woman! She's dedicated to her clients, offers an excellent experience with a great personality and incredible talent! She is so fun to work with, and you will not regret choosing her to take care of all your hair needs!

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Thank you Kayla!! So great to work with you and travel with you! I hope there is more of that in the future:)

Keili Syperek · Married on 04/12/2019

So sweet..absolute best my hair has ever looked

I loved getting my hair done by her.she is so sweet nd easy to talk to bit to mention my hair looked AMAZING

Mane and Mascara 10
    Mane and Mascara 11
    Mane and Mascara 12

Mane and Mascara's reply:

You looked amazing that night!! So happy to be a part of it all and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review:)

Jen · Married on 03/16/2019

Incredible

Jen was absolutely amazing!! She was attentive to what style I wanted and nailed it!! I've never received so many compliments on my hair! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Mane and Mascara 13
    Mane and Mascara 14
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 02/17/2019

Amazing Hair & Makeup Team

Jen is the simply the best! Her entire team did an incredible job, and made me feel like a queen on my wedding day. My wedding party loved their hair and makeup, and my makeup lasted all night. Thank Mane & Mascara!

Sent on 04/27/2019
    Mane and Mascara 15
    Mane and Mascara 16
    Mane and Mascara 17
    Mane and Mascara 18

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Thank you Brittany!! Your photos are stunning and so are you:) Thank you for taking the time to write this and I hope you are enjoying life as a newlywed!

Nichole Mckinney · Married on 02/06/2019

Talented Ray of Sunshine !

Jen is a absolute delight. Not only is she extremely talented in what she does, but she has amazing energy & is a joy to be around. Reliable & down for anything. One of my favorite hairstylists to have on set 🖤

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Mane and Mascara 19
    Mane and Mascara 20
    Mane and Mascara 21
  • Emilie

Emilie Vita · Married on 11/30/2018

Incredibly warm and talented stylists

I have had the pleasure of being Kristen's client and coworker for over a year now and can say with absolute confidence that you will not find a more versatile, more talented stylist. More important than her admittedly, impressive resume is the mood she creates when a client is in her chair. Simply put, she is the big sister every girl wants.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Jenna Abbot · Married on 11/11/2018

Great experience!

Morganne, Jackie, and Kristen were awesome to work with for our wedding! We had a very early start as our wedding was at 11 AM, but the girls were ready to go bright and early! They really took their time to make sure everyone liked their hair and makeup, and the outcome was gorgeous! Kristen even came back to do a few touch ups for the wedding party in between our ceremony and reception. Communication with Jennifer was super easy- the whole experience was wonderful! I'd definitely recommend Mane and Mascara to any bride in the Jacksonville area!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2018

Lisa V. did a bridal trial for me this past weekend and I honestly could not have been happier with the results. I left our session feeling beautiful and confident and everything that a woman hopes to feel on her wedding day. She asked questions and listened intently to ensure that she was able to provide me the exact look I envisioned, as well as utilizing her creative freedom and vast knowledge of makeup artistry to add her own special flare to my face! If I’m being completely honest, I didn’t even want to take my makeup off at the end of the day because she just made me feel so radiant. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a professional makeover for any event. If I could give her ten stars, I would. She’s the best ❤️

Sent on 07/03/2018
    Mane and Mascara 22
    Mane and Mascara 23

Mane and Mascara's reply:

This is the sweetest review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it!! We love Lisa and are so happy to hear she had that same affect on you as well:)

Alexandra · Married on 10/06/2018

Jen is a TEN!

Jennifer Buetow is a seriously talented artist! I wanted an up-do but I was having trouble finding a style that I felt comfortable with and complemented with my overall look (classic, timeless glam). Before finding Mane + Mascara, I had a few unsuccessful trials with other stylists where my up-do looked too big for my head or too messy. Jennifer was able to create the most elegant look that made me feel my best. I received so many compliments on my hair! Not only did she do a great job for me, she knocked it out of the park with my Bridesmaids and my mother. Jen was on time, her pricing was reasonable and she kept us on schedule. More importantly, she was easy to work with and made the overall (often stressful) process enjoyable. I would highly recommend Jennifer Buetow and Mane + Mascara.

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Mane and Mascara 24
    Mane and Mascara 25
    Mane and Mascara 26
    Mane and Mascara 27
  • McKenzie

McKenzie · Married on 09/03/2018

Mane + Mascara

I have never had my hair or makeup professionally done so I was really nervous but Mane + Mascara definitely exceeded my expectations. The owner Jen was so sweet & so fast at responding to all my questions/concerns even during a holiday or while she was traveling.
    Valerie did my hair & makeup & she was AMAZING. She is so extremely talented & so fast & it really took so much of my stress away. She’s so kind & professional but she’s also a lot of fun & made me feel like I was just hanging out with a friend!

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Mane and Mascara 28
    Mane and Mascara 29
    Mane and Mascara 30

Kristy Alexander · Married on 06/30/2018

Very versatile

I was nervous to have my kinky curly, African-American hair done professionally. Jen put me right at ease, was gentle and did an amazing job with my curls. She is truly versatile.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Erin · Married on 06/16/2018

Jessica Register does a great job styling my hair! She is talented, kind and very professional. Jessica takes the time to listen and style my hair exactly as requested. I always leave happy and excited about how good my hair looks.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Thank you Erin! We love Jess too:)

Natalia · Married on 06/09/2018

Great hair service!!! I met Jen for my hair trial and immediately booked her for my wedding! She is very sweet, does amazing hair, and always had great communication with me (even weeks before my wedding when I kept changing my mind about my hair!) Overall, very professional and accommodating to a bride and bridesmaids needs. I would book again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Ahhh Natalia!! You are the sweetest! Thank you for letting us be a part of your gorgeous day! xo

erin · event on 04/29/2018

so sweet, so funny, willing to work with whatever look you want.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Rachel Willey · Married on 04/28/2018

Kristen is the Best Stylist Ever

Kristen is amazing! She is the best hair stylist I have ever been to, and she knows how to make you feel beautiful!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • O

Olivia · event on 04/04/2018

I highly recommend Jennifer Buetow for hair. She did an incredible job when she styled my hair in several ways for a beauty photoshoot. Jennifer was so friendly while she was doing my hair and was a pleasure to work with and to have on set! She was able to do the most complex, gorgeous styles and was extremely gentle with my hair. I was beyond impressed to see what she did with my hair in a short amount of time! After each look, I would look in the mirror in awe because she made my hair look like it belonged in a Pantene commercial! It was really the best my hair has ever looked. I went to dinner after the shoot and even strangers noticed and complimented how amazing my hair looked! Also, in between shots, she would fix any little piece of hair/ flyaway to perfect the photo. Jennifer is extremely talented and the beautiful product of the photos is largely contributed to her!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Sophie · event on 03/27/2018

I really enjoyed working with Mane and Mascara, Jen was very professional and really great to be around. The way she did my hair exceeded all expectations and I would definitely use Jen again. I also really liked all the products she used in my hair, afterwards my hair felt very soft and healthy. Would definitely recommend Jen!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Anna · Married on 03/22/2018

This stylist was friendly and helpful. She did everything according to the bride's preferences and also made sure I liked how my hair looked.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Yay! So great to hear!

Rebekah · Married on 03/22/2018

Absolutely loved the end product. Alexis was easy to talk to and made great suggestions that really accentuated my natural beauty. I was dead against fake eyelashes, and she suggested I try them gently. By the end of it, I was so glad I did try them on because they were gorgeous and very natural looking. Couldn't stop peeking at myself in the mirror ;]

Sent on 04/17/2018
    Mane and Mascara 31
    Mane and Mascara 32

Mane and Mascara's reply:

Thank you Rebekah!! Eyelashes are always a win;)

Shelby · Married on 03/11/2018

Jen does amazing work and has a really sweet personality! Anytime I need a hair stylist, she is the first person I call.

Sent on 11/27/2017