Mandaps by Dhoom Reviews

Mandaps by Dhoom 4
Mandaps by Dhoom 5

Raj · Married on 09/04/2016

Simply the BEST

Raj was an absolute pleasure to deal with. The decor for out garba wedding/reception was absolutely amazing, could not have imagined anything better. Raj was so easy to work with, anytime we had a request his response was always "we'll take care of it" and he always did and went way above and beyond. He far exceed our expectations. WE Would highly recommend his services. I used to build mandaps for spare cash back in high school and have worked with a number of other tri state vendors and can wholeheartedly say that no one, I mean no one takes their job as serious as the Dhoom team. They work with you to arrive at the best package and will give you an candid opinion on all aspects and any questions. easy to work with and his execution to our vision for wedding weekend decor was ideal. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Bhumika · Married on 12/06/2015

Raj and his team are great! They work with you to arrive at the best package and will give you an honest opinion if they don't think something will work. Raj was very easy to work with and he executed our vision for wedding decor perfectly. I highly recommend him and his team.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Thank you Raj and the entire Mandap by Dhoom team for providing beautiful decor for our events! Your service and work was incredible and we are still hearing compliments and requests for your contact. Thank you for being professional and adjusting to the simplicity and elegance we requested for our wedding and reception it was phenomenal! Please continue to keep up the good work!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Mireille · Married on 07/11/2015

Raj was an absolute pleasure to deal with. The decor for out wedding/reception was absolutely amazing, could not have imagined anything better. Raj was so easy going, anytime we had a request his response was always "we'll take care of it" and he always did. He far exceed our expectations. Would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Aarti · Married on 05/31/2015

Elegant Decorations at Affordable Prices

Raj is humble, organized, and elegantly decorated for my wedding's ceremony and reception. I visited his showroom in NJ and was really impressed by all the ornate decorations and Raj's soft demeanor and ability to sculpt a spectacular vision. He's not pushy and truly listens to the bride.

Raj made my vision come to life and stroke a perfect balance between traditional red Hindu colors for the ceremony and vibrant jewel-toned magenta and purple for the reception.

The indoor mandap looked spectacular with fresh flowers in full bloom lining the top and silk curtains intricately draped. Raj was very flexible and accommodating with setting up the mandap indoors and outdoors. My ceremony was scheduled to be in the garden at Talamore Country Club, and he patiently let us make the call the day of. As the rain started trickling down, the mandap was promptly set-up inside. The large gold Ganpathi statue and small elephants added a nice touch to the mandap and worth the extra cost.

The centerpieces and flower arrangements during the reception were beautiful and artistically arranged. They were a fraction of the cost compared to the local wedding florists. All the flowers were fresh with warm pink and purple hues that blended well together. The sweet heart table and chairs were quite nice with a stunning bouquet of flowers. Raj also brought extra pedals for the cake topper.

What impressed me the most was Raj's humble attitude and patience. When my mom thought she lost my wedding ring, Raj and his crew did an exhaustive search and looked through all the sheets and decorations. Luckily, I found it the next day, but appreciate Raj's thoughtfulness and diligence to find it.

I received many compliments on the wedding decorations. Everything looked perfect - see for yourself!

Sent on 01/12/2019
    Mandaps by Dhoom 6
    Mandaps by Dhoom 7
    Mandaps by Dhoom 8
    Mandaps by Dhoom 9
    Mandaps by Dhoom 10

Sona · Married on 11/08/2014

Mandaps by Dhoom were great to work with. They were accommodating to our requests and were able to customize our decor based on our ideas and pictures. The provided services both for the wedding ceremony and reception. We had a wooden Mandhap (similar to a Chuppah), with beautifully arranged flower petals and lanterns on the aisle. Our centerpieces were arranged exactly to our wishes. Throughout our working relationship, they were professional and accessible, and we could not be any happier.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Monica · Married on 08/09/2014

Mandaps by Dhoom is the best mandap and flower company out there and I'll tell you why below:
    -The team is EXPERIENCED and will complete flawless work for your special day
    -We met with Raj and his team multiple times prior to our special day to discuss the entrance gate decor, ceremony gate decor, reception stage decor, name card table decor, and Ganesha table decor. He was VERY PATIENT and listened to all of our ideas and requests.
    -Our crowd was STUNNED by the beauty of both the mandap decor (we did green and gold and it rocked) and the aisle runner with flower petals, and then they were stunned by the reception decor (we did pink and peach). Everyone asked us who did the decor!
    -He also provided our garlands and fresh flower centerpieces which were STUNNING as well. Again everyone asked us who did the flowers!
    -Raj is a very sincere and kind professional and devotes everything towards ensuring your wedding weekend goes smoothly and LOOKS like you want it to look.
    -He provides an Entrance Gate and a decorative table with Ganesh on it as part of the package.
    -His service is the BEST deal in regards to cost---believe me, I compared many mandap companies in New Jersey and we got more than what we wanted for the best price possible.

I would recommend Mandaps by Dhoom to anyone and will be sending them pics from my wedding very soon as proof of the beauty they provided for my special weekend!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Lisa · Married on 05/03/2014

Mandaps by Dhoom did the ceremony and reception decor for our wedding. Raj and his team were excellent and always easy to get in touch with!

The day of the wedding, we were very impressed with how they made the room look. It looked gorgeous! They had the room ready earlier than anticipated in the morning, and after the ceremony and lunch, they promptly came to flip the room for the reception.

We were pleased with their quality of service and their professionalism. We highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Asha · Married on 08/30/2013

I have to thank Renuka and Raj for a splendid job done at both the wedding and reception held at NJ. I met Renuka through Mou of Photosmadeez and it was a breeze from there on. Renuka and Raj are thorough professionals and have a variety of designs to choose from...their workshop is right behind their office which makes it easier to visualize what the decor would look like. I have to mention the center pieces at the reception. They were beautiful and I had many guests appreciating them. Raj was very helpful and understood what I wanted which really helps when you are trying to plan a wedding in less than 3 months. He even provided a Ganesha's statue free of cost at the mandap. Overall they make everything seem so relaxed and at ease. I wish them all the best and would recommend them to my friends.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Naqi · Married on 06/10/2012

The ratings speak for themselves. Before you finalize check Dhoom out for both price and quality.

Sent on 06/28/2012

S · Married on 10/15/2011

Mandaps By Dhoom created the floral centerpieces and backdrop for our wedding reception. Our reception was held in autumn, so our color and floral theme was fall colors. We worked with Renuka who was very helpful and accommodating of our vision and our budget. Ultimately, she created beautiful, colorful centerpieces with various types of flowers that really brought the room alive. We received many compliments on them, and our guests were eager to take them home! Also, we received many compliments about the simplicity and elegance of our backdrop. I will recommend Mandaps by Dhoom to all of my friends.

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Priya

Priya · Married on 10/08/2011

amazing to work with! we had them make an baby elephant out of flowers and it was a huge hit at the reception. our mandap stage was beautiful also!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Hemal · Married on 06/30/2011

The garba/Sangeet decor was beautiful. The color of the drapes, table linen and sash went so well together. The hall looked just stunning. Wish you could travel to Virginia to decorate for my wedding. Thank you so much.

Vijay · Married on 05/21/2011

We were recommended to Mandaps by Dhoom by one of our friends who used them for their wedding couple of years ago. Me and my Fiancee had this vision of a unique mandap with elevation that we wanted for our wedding. It was refreshing to talk with a decorator who was willing to do something different something new. We truly appreciate the effort put in by the entire staff at Dhoom to make our wedding an event to remember. Thanks to Tharak & Nilu for their recommendation.

Priya · Married on 03/12/2011

I was looking for a simple yet an elegant mandap that was different. Not the same old pillars. Dhoom created a beautiful mandap with fabric drapings and florals which was just perfect. Would recommend very highly.

Aparna · Married on 04/12/2010

To this date, Sam and Puja have blown us away and words really cannot express our happy and beautiful our wedding was thanks to them. Our guests were speechless and to date even my parents still talk about the gorgeous reception arrangements were as well our sweetheart table décor. Sam not only coordinated numerous site visits to discuss our needs, but his team improvised and took our ideas one step further by adding their own flair proving that they add an eye for detail. It’s that eye which made our wedding so elegant and unique especially since they were able to cover the cross-cultural wedding my husband and I had.
    I really want to highly recommend Mandaps by Dhoom to not only all Indian brides but to anyone who is looking for, not only a cost effective florist but a truly unique and elegant wedding that will blow you as well as your guests away.

Sent on 07/02/2010

Heena · Married on 05/07/2011

We booked the 6 pillar Jaipur palace for our wedding ceremony. The mandap structure had an intricate design and was very unique. Gold colored Backdrops, Burgundy Drapes, Crystal Torans & LED lighting created a great setting. We had a guest count of 500 people who were thrilled. Me and my family are happy that we decided to go with Dhoom. Referrals are on the way.

• Ordia & Jermaine

Ordia · Married on 09/17/2015

3.5

My reception centerpieces, the bouquets, corsages, and boutonniere's we absolutely lovely. I was extremely pleased, and everyone loved them. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/11/2015

We hired Mandaps by Dhoom for our two day wedding in October 2016 in Somerset, NJ. We were earlier working with another vendor, who was becoming a real pain to work with on account of lack of responsiveness, lack of flexibility and crazy high quotes. We switched to Mandaps by Dhoom at the very last minute (with perhaps 3 weeks left) and Raj was an absolute joy to work with by comparison. He was attentive, detail-oriented and quick with responses. We also hired them to do centerpieces (gorgeous fresh flowers) which were handled by his wife Renuka. We were really pleased with the results and the decorations turned out to be a major highlight of the wedding and brought a giant smile to our faces :) We would highly recommend hiring Raj for your event, especially if you’re looking for a higher-end look but at cost-effective pricing. Definitely one of best vendors we worked with for our wedding!

Sent on 01/22/2017
  • R. Xavier

R. Xavier · Married on 10/28/2012

3.0

Aside from an unassuming storefront, Mandaps By Dhoom absolutely delivered the most beautiful stage and setup for both our ceremony and reception! The professionalism and dedication to get everything completed in the tight time frames that we got squeezed into, was second to none. The entire team came through for us, from planning to actualization. It was such a revelation to walk through the venue doors and see the final work, as if stepping into a dreamscape. Any issues we may have had in communications were readily resolved by the owner, and we absolutely appreciated the work and final delivery of one of the most magical days of our lives.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Nidhi · Married on 05/06/2012

Good experience overall..very nicely done

Sent on 05/17/2012

Divyana · Married on 11/27/2009

Sam and his wife did a fabulous job with our wedding Mandap, and reception. We appreciated their prompt &, professional service. Their flower arrangements were better than what I had envisioned. Their Mandap choices were also amazing. We selected the most elegant one - it was just breath taking. I had tears in my eyes as I walked down the isle, just absolutely beautiful. We had a lot of compliments. Today one of my friend's friend is planning her wedding & they wanted the phone number for Dhoom's Mandap. So here I am writing a review 3 years later with my baby in my lap.
    Divyana

Sent on 05/29/2013

Pooja · Married on 07/16/2016

Raj and his team were great! I can't say enough good things about how accommodating Raj was. He was friendly and approachable and made any vision I had a reality. I would highly recommend him to any couple that is looking for a professional, affordable, and overall great decorator.

Sent on 09/09/2016

2.8
      0.5
      3.0

Renuka has a good eye for flower arrangement but was not willing to respond to any of my phone calls, messages, or emails. She also lacks attention to details.

Sent on 05/09/2014
  • F

Faiza · Married on 06/27/2010

0.0

I hired mandaps by dhoom for my wedding reception. Everything was going smoothly until the day of the reception. I entered the hall to find that the chairs I had requested were not the ones provided. Sam had assured me multiple times that everything was under control and on the day I find that he sent me the chairs that I did not ask for. When I called him up, he refused to send in the right chairs. There was no carpet on the stage as promised either. He was also to provide decor for the gifts table which wasn't done either. The job was done without any care and without any attention to detail. Mandaps by Dhoom requires full payment prior to the event date and then screws the customer over. I would not recommend Mandaps by Dhoom to any bride unless she wants to be disappointed on the day of her wedding. I was promised one thing and delivered another. I paid in full under the impression that Mandaps by Dhoom would uphold their end but I was let down. It was a total nightmare and I would never let any other bride go through that.

Sent on 07/14/2010