Making the Moment Reviews

Making the Moment 7
  • Jenna

Jenna Finnerty · Getting married on 04/03/2020

Amazing photography team

Amber was our lead photographer for our engagement session and wedding day. She is truly amazing at what she does. She was so great to work with, so caring, so fun and truly loves what she does! Our favorite wedding vendor BY FAR. Amazing photos, and a quick turn around time! Truly in awe of what this amazing photography team did for our wedding day.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Jessica Ina · Married on 07/28/2018

Making the Moment is bomb!

We had such a great experience with Making the Moment! Pictures were amazing and everyone involved was so easy to work with. Definitely 5 stars!

Sent on 10/25/2018

shelby · Married on 09/16/2017

Making the Moment was an amazing team to work with! Our photographer was Marcus and he instantly got our vision from the first time we met. He made the wedding planning process easy for us with his organization, quick responses, and creative ideas. Our whole wedding timeline depended on when pictures were going taking place throughout the day - Marcus instantly provided us a very accurate timeline when we requested it, which was 4 months out from the wedding (a lot of things can change within 4 months, but the timeline was spot on!).

On the wedding day Marcus was a blast to work with. He was there from the beginning of the day until the very end which was impressive! He still had the same energy from when he first met us in the morning as he did when he was packing up at the end of the night. The whole day was filled with smiles and laughter ... mostly because of his cheesy jokes between shots :) We can't wait to see the finished product!

We also had Jeanna for the Live Photobooth - I'll be honest, I second guessed having the photobooth pretty much up until the day of the wedding. However, it ended up being a huge hit! All the guests made sure to get some fun shots in and it was the talk amongst our different groups of guests when they were uploaded to the website to view. A handful of people even made the pictures their profile pictures or uploaded them to facebook to share which was fun to see!

Making the Moment was awesome to work with and I would recommend them 100 times over to anyone in need for photography!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Making the Moment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Shelby! We loved planning and capturing your wedding day with you and Jordan =) It went so well! We had so much fun with your guests in our LiveBooth - it was hilarious :D We can't wait to show you more!

jessica · Married on 09/01/2017

We decided before anything, that our photographer was going to be our biggest expense- it is the only thing we would have when our wedding day was all said and done. A coworker of mine had used making the moment for their wedding and I was amazed at their pictures! We got assigned Amber and the fit could not have been more perfect. She is sincere, enthusiastic, witty and just the sweetest person you will ever meet. By the day of our wedding, she didn’t seem like someone we hired, but like one of our beloved guests. Oh yea, and she is an uh-MAZING photographer. My husband and I kept saying “one picture. We just need one picture we both love.” I love every single one. She captured every moment perfectly! Making The Moment does exactly what their name says. Simply- THE BEST.

Sent on 12/12/2017
    Making the Moment 14
    Making the Moment 15
    Making the Moment 16

Making the Moment's reply:

Jess, thank you so so much for your kind words! They mean so much to us! We love how supported and comfortable you felt with Amber. She killed it on your wedding day and we’re so happy you love every image. Thank you for trusting us with your wedding day!
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 08/26/2017

Marcus was our photographer and he was absolutely amazing! Right from the beginning he made us feel like we would be working with our best friend. My husband walked out of our first meeting with him and asked me if he can be in the wedding and I had to tell him no because he had to be our photographer! He adds a personal touch to everything he does and made us feel like we were the only people he was working with. He is organized, great attention to detail, and overall has such amazing passion for what he does, which makes him so amazing! When we got our photos we were simply in awe of how great they turned out. Making the Moment will be doing all our future photography needs from here on out. Not only is Marcus amazing... so is their team! Everyone we worked with or just talked to was awesome! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Making the Moment's reply:

Grace, thank you so much for your kind words! We love that not only did you love your images, but Marcus as well! He’s incredibly talented and always fun to be around. Obviously you all were an amazing fit for each other =) Thank you for trusting us with your wedding photography!

Taylor · Married on 04/01/2017

Making the Moment and our photographer, Marcus, were amazing! First and foremost, the photos were absolutely gorgeous and creative - not at all your typical cheesy wedding photos. They work really hard to make sure they get every shot (jumping on the dance floor and crouching around corners), while still managing to be very discrete and not distracting from the events. We could also tell how much care and detail went into each of the hundreds of photos in our final set.
    Marcus and MTM were also great to work with. They were extremely organized and helped us stay on track of what info they needed from us when. There were never any hidden costs, and never felt like they were just trying to sell us on more stuff. They also hosted a viewing party for us to see the photos for the first time at their offices. We thought it might be corny but it was actually a really special way to experience the photos for the first time, and a great way to see them on a much larger screen than we have at home.
    Could not recommend them more highly - one of the best wedding decisions we made!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Making the Moment's reply:

Taylor, both you and Firas are amazing people. We really do believe that great imagery comes with a great relationship. Thank you, so much, for allowing us to be a part of your day. I honestly felt like one of the fold, and it really did seem like we were hanging out more than capturing photographs :) I will never forget your wedding day, mainly because we spanned the spectrum from Playhouse Square elegance to Jordanian dancing, haha! That doesn’t happen all the time! I truly wish you two the very best. You deserve it. You’re an amazing couple together! #FirGood - Marcus

Christina · Married on 03/04/2017

WOW - words don't express how happy my husband and I are with Making the Moment! From booking them to engagement photo shoot, to wedding day and seeing our wedding day pictures, we couldn't be happier and more impressed by this bunch of MTM people. Vince was our photographer and captured every moment, was easy to work with, and made us feel at ease. Renee was great about keeping the communication constant with reminders, emails, and phone calls - I never felt out of the loop or like I was missing anything. The level at which they photograph, work with their clients, and truly make a connection with you is what sets them apart. Yes, you will pay more than the average photographer, but what you get is unmatched. Even with our wedding reception at The Arcade (where they've shot many weddings before), Vince created new photos that he hadn't done before so we had unique images. Hands down, the best decision we made for our wedding! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/04/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Sara and Making the Moment. She was super easy to work with, organized, and enthusiastic about our big day. We had a relatively tight timeline for pictures, and she was completely accommodating of all of our preferences. She was also super fun to hang out with all day! It was very obvious that she cares about and loves what she does, and that was reflected in our pictures. They turned out amazing and we truly couldn't be happier with them! Thank you again, Sara!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Making the Moment's reply:

Sarah thank you so much for your positive review! We're so glad you and Jared had such a great experience with us! Sara is awesome and we know she loved working with you two just as much as you loved working with her. Thank you for trusting our passionate team to serve you in this way!

Taylor · Married on 11/05/2016

Making the Moment & Marcus were the first vendors we booked before anything. From the second you walk into their office until the day you get to view your image premier, you feel like you are their only client. You laugh (a lot ), you cry (happy tears, ALOT) and you just enjoy your time spent with them. And I can't even begin to comment on the talent...I mean, I don't know if it's possible for anyone to be THAT skilled at their profession. But Marcus and the entire team are just that- super talented. Every time we look at our images, we re-live the best day of our lives all over again. That feeling in it of itself is priceless. Thank you to Marcus and the entire Making the Moment team for being hands-down the best, most first-class, innovative and talented group of people we hired for our wedding. Can't wait to work with you again!!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Kate · Married on 10/15/2016

Hiring Making the Moment was the best decision we made.

Planning a wedding from out of state can be a challenge so it was very important to have trustworthy and reliable vendors. Making the Moment goes above and beyond with their incredible ability to transcend that typical “vendor relationship”. From accommodating our facetime “interview” request to developing deep, personal connections and delivering the most STUNNING images – beyond anything I could have dreamed – they provided five-star service throughout. When you see the sign in their office that says “Come as Clients, Leave as Friends”, it’s no joke. They absolutely mean it.

Sara, you are such a talented photographer and beautiful human being. Getting to know you and establishing a friendship over the 15 months leading up to our wedding made your presence during our weekend so seamless and wonderful. Jack and I, as well as our families and friends, felt so comfortable around you and the camera – an ease that really showed in every image. You have a gift, sister! Thank you for capturing so many amazing, heartfelt, once-in-a-lifetime moments. (I’m not crying, you are!)

A photographer is an investment not only in your day but in the memories you will cherish forever. Being able to re-live our day – with all the feels!! – every single time we look at our images is priceless.

It’s all in the details and they are pros. We obviously cannot say enough about Sara and the creative team at MTM – simply the best!

Kate + Jack Reynolds
    #growingreynoldstogether

Sent on 03/10/2017

Making the Moment's reply:

Kate, you’re the freaking best. Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I had so much fun that day with you, Jack, and your hilarious bridal party. It was such an honor to spend the day capturing the love you and Jack have for each other, while watching you two live your day to the fullest. I can’t wait to see you the next time you’re in Cleveland! #wutangforever #handsinyourpocketsjack #otterlove

- Sara

Heather · Married on 09/24/2016

Vince was great. Very responsive to any questions we had. Stage so brilliant pre-wedding shots. Can't wait to see the finishing product.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jiselle · Married on 09/10/2016

They are so much fun! Making the Moment made every step of the wedding planning very easy for us. We were impressed with the staff's talent and creativity. They made sure we felt comfortable with voicing any concerns or questions. I would suggest this to a couple who loves photography and wants a unique approach to wedding photography. You can expect them to make the wedding details seem like a breeze.

Sent on 12/16/2016

could not have asked for a better photographer. Making the Moment made us feel so very special from our first consultation up to our wedding day. Marcus was our photographer and he is incredible. He did our engagement photos which were amazing and we received a ton ofcompliments on them. He was able to capture every vision we had from photos with our dogs, rollerblading to tandem bike riding. Marcus was very organized and helped a immensely when it came to the flow of our big day. Marcus made sure that everyone was where they needed to be and made sure our wedding day ran smoothly. I truly believe the deciding to have MTM do the photography for our wedding was one of the best decisions we have made and we highly recommend them! We cannot wait to see the beautiful images Marcus has captured from our wedding day. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Making the Moment's reply:

Thank you both, so much, for being extraordinary. Hands down, your wedding was one of my favorites of the year. I know I’ve told you like eighteen bajillion times, but your first dance was the best I’ve ever seen. Like ever. I’ve seen like 200. Ever. Ever. EVAAAAARRRRRR…..

Charlene · Married on 09/03/2016

MTM was wonderful from the moment we contacted them. We were planning on a short timeline and they called the same day info was submitted online to check dates and set up an initial meeting. We LOVED working with Amber (she even break dances!) They were helpful with planning our day of schedule and suggesting locations for photos. Because we had already talked through the schedule and photo priorities - the day of was relaxed and enjoyable. Our photos came out amazing! So many friends have commented on how these are some of the best wedding photos they have seen. They exactly capture the feel of the day! We also loved the private viewing (premier) once all the photos are ready!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Making the Moment's reply:

"Aww :) Thank you so much for you kind words and acknowledging what a kick-butt break dancer I am. Because I am totally a kick-butt break dancer and I totally know one move. Totally. I really appreciate you commenting on our attention to detail and the schedules we help build out for you. Our belief is that a solid planning process is key in allowing us to create freely and be goofy and have fun during your wedding!" - Amber

Roxanne · Married on 08/20/2016

PERFECT! From our engagement session through our wedding day, everything was amazing! Sara was our photographer and she is just so cute and so sweet and so perfect for us! She really helped us to open up and be ourselves in front of the camera and it showed in how great ourphotos turned out! The whole company in general is great at communication and doing whatever possible to make sure that their clients are happy. Absolutely wonderful to work with!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

I can\'t even begin to describe how happy my husband and I are that we chose to work with MTM for our wedding day. Photography was our #1 priority from the beginning, which is why we chose the best of the best for wedding day photography. From day one they have been nothing short of amazing. No other wedding vendor cared as much about us or made us feel like family like MTM did. Vince photographed our wedding and was so great to work with. It felt like one of our friends hanging out with us all day and he definitely helped move the day along smoothly so we were not pressed for time. Also, he made me feel so much better the week of our wedding. We knew we were getting rain, and even though I had been dreading and worrying about it all week, after I got off the phone with Vince, I actually WANTED it to rain because of the vision he had for pictures in rainy weather. We recently received our pictures and they are INCREDIBLE. The most beautiful wedding pictures I\'ve ever seen. We have gotten so many compliments from people and a lot of them say they are the most creative/unique/gorgeous photos they\'ve ever seen. Also, I was sick during the entire reception and didn\'t get to enjoy the night as I had planned, but Vince somehow managed to capture moments that I was trying to get on the dance floor and if you look at pictures it doesn\'t look like I was missing at all - I am included in so many which makes me feel so much better about the night. It is hard to be creative and \"artsy\" without being super cheesy and MTM accomplishes that perfectly. They show the day as it happened in a candid and real style. Their photographs are one of a kind and I can\'t imagine trusting anyone else with photography on such an important day in life! I would recommend them to any and everyone! Thank you MTM!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

I can't even begin to describe how happy my husband and I are that we chose to work with MTM for our wedding day. Photography was our #1 priority from the beginning, which is why we chose the best of the best for wedding day photography. From day one they have been nothing short of amazing. No other wedding vendor cared as much about us or made us feel like family like MTM did. Vince photographed our wedding and was so great to work with. It felt like one of our friends hanging out with us all day and he definitely helped move the day along smoothly so we were not pressed for time. Also, he made me feel so much better the week of our wedding. We knew we were getting rain, and even though I had been dreading and worrying about it all week, after I got off the phone with Vince, I actually WANTED it to rain because of the vision he had for pictures in rainy weather. We recently received our pictures and they are INCREDIBLE. The most beautiful wedding pictures I've ever seen. We have gotten so many compliments from people and a lot of them say they are the most creative/unique/gorgeous photos they've ever seen. Also, I was sick during the entire reception and didn't get to enjoy the night as I had planned, but Vince somehow managed to capture moments that I was trying to get on the dance floor and if you look at pictures it doesn't look like I was missing at all - I am included in so many which makes me feel so much better about the night. It is hard to be creative and "artsy" without being super cheesy and MTM accomplishes that perfectly. They show the day as it happened in a candid and real style. Their photographs are one of a kind and I can't imagine trusting anyone else with photography on such an important day in life! I would recommend them to any and everyone! Thank you MTM!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Having a great wedding photographer was a top priority on our list. We found Making the Moment just from browsing reviews and their gallery online. During our engagement, my now husband and I were living in 2 different states, and since we couldn't go in and meet with Marcus and the rest of the team to talk about what we wanted, Marcus organized a video conference with us, outside of normal work hours. These little details show how this team goes above and beyond to make sure you're comfortable with them and all your questions and concerns are addressed.

On the day of our wedding, Marcus and his assistant Jordan were very amazing. They made us laugh, kept us on schedule, and helped the day flow perfectly. We felt like we were hanging out with friends instead of photographers.

Since we moved out of state after the wedding and were unable to attend the normal viewing party at the office, Marcus created a video slideshow of all of our pictures so that we could have our own viewing party. The pictures were better than we could have ever dreamed. We are so happy we chose Making the Moment to do our wedding photography and would recommend them to anyone looking for wedding photos they will be proud of, and cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Britni & Jared -

Wow. I can’t thank you two enough for allowing me to tell your story. You are both so natural together and free. It honestly felt more like hanging out with friends. Both Jordan and I were honored to be there and I can’t thank you enough for all of these kind words :) -- Marcus

Making the Moment has truly exceeded our expectations. My husband and I love photography and we were looking for a photographer to capture our personality in a fun and artistic way. Making the Moment made that happen. We were fortunate enough to have Marcus to capture our wedding and engagement pictures. He is extremely talented and knows what he is doing. Not only that, he is very energetic and doesn't make you feel awkward. Everyone at making the moment is very friendly and we always look forward to seeing them. Thank you guys for everything and we look forward to seeing the finished product!!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Angela · Married on 06/13/2015

Making the Moment completely exceeded my expectations. From first meeting to our engagement session to our wedding, we've become friends with our photographer Brett and his team. Brett is the perfect combination of professional and personable. He made everyone feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Even my bridesmaids were commenting that they didn't feel like we were at a photo session, but rather just hanging out. I would recommend them time and time again to any bride. They are an investment, but they are WELL WORTH IT!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Heck yeah.

We totally are friends. I'm SO happy you said that. I adore you and Bryan. I did from day one, and I loved hanging with you guys every time since. I'm so happy that you two feel cared for and close to us here - you deserve nothing but the best.

I LOVED hanging out with your bridal party throughout the day - although it was a super hot day - we all had so much fun. Your ladies were freaking hilarious - please thank them for being so fun and friendly to me!

Thank you soooooooo much for writing this Angela - it's awesome people like you who have trusted and believed in us over the years that allow us to create artwork and tell story this way. Thank you times a billion!

PS - remember that motorcyclist that photobombed us??? I totally saw him driving the other day - no joke!!

Bryce · Married on 05/16/2015

Making the Moment was the second best choice I made on my wedding day. The first choice was undoubtedly my wife. However, this review is for MtM, not my lovely wife. Not only did Making the Moment capture our wedding in a remarkable way but their staff and photographer made our day fun and even more memorable.
    When it comes to choosing a photographer for your wedding let's face it, everyone and their brother has a camera and will shoot your wedding for less money. Being the last of 4 children in my family to get married, I have had my share of weddings. I have been in them, seen the family reactions when the photos arrive, and forever will be enshrined on my parents mantle. When it comes to choosing your wedding photographer, it is an important decision.
    Two reasons why my wife and I choose Making the Moment. First, Making the Moment has some of the industry-leading equipment and professionals. The way their business is set up allows for their photographers to focus on photography not taxes, marketing, equipment maintenance, payroll and sales. This creates a highly motivated photography team that gives your product the best service available. Look at their work, set up a meeting, their is a reason this company is a leap above the standard.
    The second reason why we choose Making the Moment was their exceptional service. The very first time we walked in the door we were treated like friends and family. Our names were written on chalkboard and made to order coffee with big fancy mugs all while sitting on a nice comfy couch. This seems to be trivial and have nothing to do with choosing your wedding photographer, but all these little details give evidence the level of service this team gives you. Not just the service of amazing photographs but support every step of the way. My wife and I didn't really know all the details that would coincide with planning our wedding and the photographer. We had a few meetings with our team at Making the Moment. Each meeting we came

Sent on 10/26/2015

Making the Moment's reply:

Wow, Bryce. Thank you for the kind words and the endorsement. It was such a pleasure to serve you both!

We captured so many fun and interesting images that day, but my favorite image from the day by far is when I was taking a photo of you and your brother during our creative time. One of your other groomsmen tossed a stick in front of you to distract you right when I took the photo. I laugh every time I see you guys smiling away, laughing about something and this stick suspended in the air inches from your face. Haha!

I’ll never forget that moment or that image as well as many others. Thanks for trusting us to capture them for you.

- Marcus

Amber · Married on 05/08/2015

I wish that I could give more than 5 stars to Making the Moment Photography (MTM). From start to finish, Brett and the rest of the team was by far the best team that I have EVER worked with. Each of them are so genuine and kind, you will want to work with them for many, many years to come.

We worked with Brett and the rest of the MTM team for our engagement photos, wedding photos, and storybook. The decision to work with them was easy, even after just our initial phone call with Brett. Initially, we weren’t sure about getting engagement photos, but are SO glad that we did. Not only did we get to “practice”, but we had SO much fun and got to know Brett (and Sara!) which made our wedding day so much easier. Our photos came out incredible; we did not look like we were posing or awkward.

Prior to our wedding, we worked closely with Brett to set up our wedding timeline. He almost acted as a wedding planner, and our wedding day was seemingly effortless. Brett was able to keep us on track with our schedule, without seeming the least bit pushy or controlling. He also came as early/stayed as late as we wanted them to. By the end of the night, we wanted Brett and Sara to put down their cameras and dance with us! Everyone always comments on how incredible our photos are and how they have never seen anything like them before. My husband and I felt SO comfortable, and it shows in our photos.

Lastly, MTM’s print studio is incomparable. Ordering is easy, using MTM’s online portal, and the prints are reasonably priced considering the quality of the prints. We also purchased a custom made StoryBook and I am SO glad that it did. Being able to relive the day in such a special and unique way was so precious to us. It will be something that we can share with our family and friends forever.

Overall, there are really no words to describe how thankful we are to have met everyone at MTM and can’t wait to work with them again!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Vince and Renee helped make our wedding day everything we had ever dreamed of. We had a blast with them and truly got to know them through this process. Making the Moment values making their customers their friends, and we truly felt this way with them. We will definitely come back to Making the Moments for all of our photography needs. Our wedding pictures were amazing and they captured the day and us perfectly. When we viewed our pictures, there were many instances when we said "that picture truly captures us" which is exactly what we wanted. Cannot say enough good things about Making the Moment and our experience with them! Would definitely choose them again, the whole team is so so nice!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 11/01/2014

We LOVED our wedding photos from Making The Moment. In our opinion, there isn't anyone else to go with if you're looking for a photographer for your wedding day - totally worth the investment!

Sent on 02/02/2017