Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine Reviews

Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 6
Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 7
  • meredith

meredith · Married on 03/22/2019

Hire Marina! She is creative, empathic, listens, and is passionate about her work

I live in Seattle. Marina did my makeup and hair for my destination wedding in Miami. She was a lifesaver! Here's why:

What I loved about Marina is her empathy. She understands brides and what we are going through. An example, on my wedding day, when I was feeling really stressed out while getting my makeup done she used a cooling stone on my face and focused on relaxation points. She went above and beyond what I would expect from a hair and make up artist to do on my big day. It felt like she was part of the wedding!

I had gotten some sunburn in random spots on my back from a beach day before. My dress was backless so this was devastating for me to have sunburn. Marina knew just what to do. She applied special makeup that would not rub off on my dress and covered up the sunburn. It was so natural that you couldn't even tell there was makeup on my back.

She was really thoughtful and listened to my needs. I don't wear a lot of makeup. When we did our trial she talked me through the how and why she applied makeup to my face. It helped me to understand the vision. Because she also works on fashion runways and in films, she knows the right amount of makeup to apply so that you look good on camera and in-person. She was really open to feedback and it was easy to figure out the right look with her. I would describe myself as difficult because I am not used to seeing myself with makeup. Marina made me feel really comfortable asking for changes.

Overall, I was extremely please with my hair style and my makeup. I highly recommend her and would hire her again in a second. It's rare to find someone who can do hair and makeup and will travel to a destination wedding! Thank you so much, Marina! You are so talented!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 8
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 9
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 10
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 11
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 12
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 13

Dylan · Married on 09/29/2018

Marina is THE BEST! She is super friendly and incredibly talented. She uses quality makeup products that didn't make my skin want to scream the next day....and I even slept with my makeup on. If you're considering hiring Marina, go for it! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Sam · Married on 08/11/2018

Marina was much fun to hang with!

Sent on 09/22/2018
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 14

Krishna · Married on 05/26/2018

Marina worked with me to find the best hairstyle for my comfort, confidence, and to support my Indian headpiece and epic veil. I didn't want to feel overdone or have a ton of hair spray and she just listened and worked with me and made it happen. She made my mom feel beautiful and gave my very discerning sister in law the braided up do of her dreams. She and Fawn traveled to our remote camp wedding for a fraction of what salons charge without all the crazy add on charges people quoted me like "holiday weekend." They were a huge part of what made my wedding so perfect. And they are just lovely lovely humans. Snag them now!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Asaf · Married on 04/26/2018

Marina and her team was amazing! She took each of my 10, very specific best friends with specific vissions and made each of their hairstyles look AMAZING. I had a few bridesmaids who even had a change of heart and Marina quickly changed their hair style in minutes until they were completely happy with it. She was so calm and relaxing to have with us on a really stressful day. I chose to have Marina and her team for hair and Fawn (another vendor nearby) do makeup. It worked perfectly because they are good friends and work together often. Marina, I loved my hair, my friends all felt like models and we loved having you with us on the big day! Thank you!

Sent on 09/25/2017
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 15

Rose · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot say enough things about my whole experience with Marina. She was responsible for my hair and makeup on my wedding day. What I loved about her is that she really takes the time to listen to what I am looking for. I do not wear makeup regularly so having it done on my wedding day was a little nerve wrecking for me. She made me feel so comfortable in my skin, I still looked and felt like myself, without layers of make up caked on my face. I felt like it was the perfect experience. She was efficient, kept me laughing the entire time and always made sure everything she did was something I absolutely loved. I highly recommend her services to anyone looking for flawless hair and makeup on their special day!

Sent on 01/31/2018
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 16
    Makeup & Hair by Marina Christine 17

Sabrina · Married on 09/16/2017

Marina did my hair and makeup to absolute perfection on my big day. I didn’t have to work hard to describe the look I was going for, she is the bridal makeup expert and understood exactly what I meant by wanting to look glamorous but still like myself. She even made sure my décolletage looked even and smooth in my strapless dress! She flawlessly covered a small tattoo that I asked her to conceal. I was truly impressed by her attention to detail. I didn’t have to ask for a thing, she had a game plan and it allowed me to have no worries or anxiety about the outcome. Marina is an artist with a vision for each face, she made me feel like a work of art!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Leah · Married on 07/22/2017

Makeup was flawless! Felt great on my wedding day!
    Communication was wonderful-any questions I had leading up to my wedding were always answered in detail.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Cari · Married on 06/17/2017

Marina is incredibly awesome!!! She made us all look beautiful!! I've given her number to a few people already since she did such an incredible job!! She's super chill and calm and I am really impressed with her professionalism. I can't imagine it's easy dealing with an entire bridal party for a whole day.
    I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Amber · Married on 06/10/2017

Marine did an absolutely fabulous job! She was very professional and fun-loving with my 6 year old niece. She really listened to my wants and concerns. In the end, I don't think I have ever felt prettier in my whole life.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Marisa · Married on 04/29/2017

I never felt better than I did on my wedding day thanks to Marina! She is extremely easy to work with and made it more than fun for myself and my bridal party. Everyone felt beautiful and we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Marina and her team did an AMAZING job with my wedding hair last week. She was tasked with doing my hair, several of my bridesmaids, and my mom and aunt. With so many people and so many different hair types, she really did a beautiful job and in such good timing! Not only is Marina extremely talented, she's also a very pleasant and kind person to work with. We all had such an enjoyable morning with this team and came out of it each with a unique hairstyle. All my girls were so happy with the way their hair came out, which really made me such a happy bride :) Thanks so much to Marina and her team!! (Elizabeth)

Sent on 06/21/2016

Carissa · Married on 05/14/2016

Marina did an amazing job taking care of my bridesmaids and myself the day of my wedding. Not only is she truly talented at what she does, she is flexible and easy going. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Marina was awesome! She was able to take just a few photos I showed her at my trial run and create the perfect wedding day hair. The make up was stunning and natural looking. Marina was fantastic to work with - friendly, calm, professional. I'd recommend her to anyone looking for wedding day hair and make up!

Sent on 06/29/2016