Makeup by Raven Reviews

Makeup by Raven 3
Makeup by Raven 4
Makeup by Raven 5

Beatrice · Married on 07/03/2017

Raven was great with giving me a natural look for my wedding. Even when I went against her suggestions, she was very accommodating and made sure to create the look I wanted. Makeup stayed flawless under the LA sun during an outdoor ranch wedding in July :)

Sent on 11/06/2017

Diana · Married on 06/03/2017

Hello. My name is Diana. I was searching for good make up artist for my special event 2 days before New Year and let me tell you, I called lots of places but some were sayuing it was a very short notice and some were booked in advance. And when, I was about to give up, I saw Raven website and decided to take a last chance to see if I get lucky. I called and left my phone number with my name on her answering machine and got a phone call back almost immidiately. She sounded like very sweet woman and scheduled appointment with me in a short notice. I was extremely happy and excited ,because it was my first time ,getting professional make up done. I met Raven in person, on day of my make up appointment and she was soo nice and professional. I explained and showed her some pictures what i like and she did her magic. I was sitting on chair and waited to see final results. When she showed me myself in the mirror, I was speechless, thinking who is this girl? Raven is very detail oriented and perfectionist of her work. I truly amazed ,how good she is, in what she did to me. I would recommend her to my friends and everyone up there, who want to look gorgeous!!! Thank you so much!!! Will be back soon again. Diana T

Sent on 01/05/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/10/2017

Raven did an amazing job! My makeup, as well as my mother-in-laws, was flawless and it didn't streak when I cried or when I was eating. The trial was super helpful so I could see what my makeup would be like on the actual day. She was super professional, giving tips and tricks for skin care and making sure that my skin was as perfect as it could be for the actual day. On the actual day, makeup was flawless and looked even better than it did when we did the trial. We changed up a few things, but all in all, the look was exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend Raven to anyone who is looking for someone who knows what she's doing and being in the business for awhile.

Sent on 04/05/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 01/27/2017

I highly recommend Raven for any occasion to do makeup. She is professional, knowledge, talented, an artist and a perfectionist. She delivers what she says that she will, and she brings out the best in us ladies. For my big red carpet Oscar night, Raven gave me a polished and elegant look, brought out my best features, and her makeup gave me extra confidence to do my job well on that very important night. Raven is also very pleasant to work with. She is on time, has a large collection of makeup and tools, prices her services fairly, brings her own makeup chair, listens and delivers what her client asks of her, and is willing to travel to you. She's a rare breed in this competitive market, and is pure quality. Thank you, Raven.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Sandra · Married on 11/05/2016

Raven did my daughters birthday make-up and we couldn't have asked for more !! Her talent and skill is unbelievable and she has a wonderful personality to top it off. I would recommend her 10 out of 10 to anyone looking to make their special day wonderful. Thank You Raven !! (:

Sent on 11/20/2016

paula · Married on 11/04/2016

She is very sweet, professional and flexible ;)

Sent on 11/23/2016

Diana · Married on 10/14/2016

I found Raven through putting out a mass request for a makeup artist through wedding wire late at night. I was panicking and my original makeup artist pulled out 7 days before the wedding. Within minutes I received an email and the following day a phone call. She had a commitment later that day and was upfront about the timeframe she would be available. She waived the booking fee and due to lack of time we didn't have a trial session. She sent me her Pinterest page and from those pictures I knew that it would be fine. She was punctual to the appointment and so nice! She made both my bridesmaid and myself look amazing and it lasted all day and night! No reapplication needed and even though I lost my lipstick, chapstick was enough... the makeup didn't budge! She is very talented and would love to take some lessons from her in the future. A true professional!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Makeup by Raven's reply:

Thanks so much Diana! Can't wait to see the photos! xoxo

Jen · Married on 10/09/2016

I can't say enough great things about Raven and her team! They were on time, friendly and made everyone in the bridal party feel extra special. We even had last minute additions for make up and were accommodated with no problems. I highly recommend Makeup by Raven. I am so please with the service we received and will definitely book Raven again for a special occasion!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Christina · Married on 08/06/2016

First off She made us all look so Beautiful!!! I was skeptical about hiring a make up artist for my self, mom's and bridesmaids for my wedding. I did some research and called a few people but after viewing Ravens website and speaking to her on the phone I knew she was a perfect fit! Hiring Raven to do our make up was one one the best decision I could ever make in the whole planning process. She is the sweetest person, punctual and helped transform my girls and I into goddesses!! she new exactly how much time to plan for each person and all was smooth and on schedule. Raven is so talented and a perfectionist. Thank you for making me look so beautiful on my special day!!!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Makeup by Raven's reply:

Thank you so much, Christina! I'm so touched by your review. Thank you for having me as your makeup artist, it was a joy!

Stacey · Married on 06/21/2016

I was very nervous hiring someone to do my makeup for my wedding. I don't wear very much makeup on a daily basis. Thankfully I hired Raven! From our first email conversation, to our phone and text conversations she was so sweet and attentive to what I wanted and had envisioned for my big day. She arrived right on time for the trial and I was so amazed at the results! It was everything I wanted and more. I felt so beautiful and it was thanks to her. She is so talented! I of course hired her to do my wedding makeup and it came out wonderful! I never looked or felt more beautiful! I will be contacting her in the future when I need my makeup done.

Stacey V. on June 25, 2016

Sent on 06/25/2016

Raven was amazing! She's very punctual and an amazing makeup artist!

Sent on 07/16/2016

I highly recommend !! She did a fabulous job !! Also very pleasant to be with Worth every penny

Sent on 06/15/2016

Veronica · Married on 03/12/2016

Raven did an awesome job on my make up for my wedding ceremony. I got a lot of complements on my make up, they said I looked stunning. I would highly recommend her for all women out there if you looking for a makeup artist. Raven is really talented and very professional. A+++

Meghan · Married on 10/17/2015

I've always been apprehensive with getting my makeup done for events because I've had some negative experiences in the past, and because I feel like I can do my own makeup pretty well, so I rarely trust someone else with my face. Raven exceeded every expectation I had. She listened to exactly what I wanted, asked for feedback to ensure I was getting what I wanted, and was so approachable that I actually felt comfortable telling her if I wanted something different. I met her for a trial and she was so easy to talk to and made the experience so relaxing that I knew she was perfect for my wedding day. On the day of my wedding she arrived on-time with another makeup artist who was helping her get through the 11 faces they had to get done, and they were on schedule with every single girl. She made sure at every moment that I was having the best wedding day, and made my bridesmaids feel so comfortable.

As for the makeup--- it was flawless. We were going for a natural look and every single girl looked amazing. We left my wedding at 11pm and our makeup was still perfect. As a matter of fact, I was so tired that night that I didn't wash my face, and woke up the next day with PERFECT makeup. I'm not even kidding. Thank you Raven for making my day so amazing, and for being such a wonderful, lovely woman to work with. I couldn't recommend you more!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Raven is an incredibly talented makeup artist, clearly. However, I have to gush about her hair talents as well! On the day of our engagement photo shoot, I asked completely last-minute if she could "please do something with this mop" and she whipped out a beautiful look in no time. It's so convenient to have a "go-to" gal who can do it all in one stop. What's more is that this woman is one of the kindest, gentlest souls you will ever meet and it shines in her craft. She made me feel so comfortable and genuinely shared my excitement! I wish I could convince her to move in with me and get me ready for each and every day. Thank you again, Miss Raven, for sprinkling your pixie dust on that fun day. Will be back for more!

Sent on 06/10/2016

I hired Raven for my wedding this past weekend and she did an Amazing job! I kept getting compliments on my makeup all night long! Thanks to Raven i felt beautiful on my special day! :) if you're looking for a professional who not does an amazing job but also treats her clients with the utmost respect, i would highly reccomend Raven!
    -Mrs. Barragan

Sent on 06/14/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/15/2015

Raven did an awesome job for my wedding in Malibu! She is very responsive over email, easy to communicate with, VERY accommodating (brought on other artists/hair people to do the entire wedding party & family who were both excellent as well!!), and overall great at what she does AND at a great price! My make-up was gorgeous for the trial and for the wedding -- she's also very flexible and works with you to make certain that you're comfortable & love your look. She did an awesome job and is highly recommended! Thanks again Raven for the amazing job!

Amy · Married on 07/18/2015

Raven was wonderful! Loved her! She did an amazing job on my makeup for my wedding!! It lasted all day for my outdoor California wedding in July! Everyone complimented me all day and I loved it! She was very professional as well and great with communicating through texts and emails! We did a trial session as well which was also great. Great prices, sweet person and wonderful makeup artist I would definitely recommend her to anyone!! She did my mom, my sister and my friend's makeup as well for the wedding and everyone looked beautiful! A friend of mine wanted to book her for her wedding, but she was already booked (darn!) for that date. Definitely get her while you can!! Thanks again Raven, we loved you!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Sara · Married on 07/04/2015

Raven did my makeup along with my moms for my wedding and did an amazing job. She showed up on time, stayed on schedule, and has a very calming demeanor. I loved the way she did my eyes and my mom looked absolutely beautiful! I would definitely recommend Raven for your big day!

jackie · Married on 07/01/2015

Raven is by far one of the most talented makeup artists I have ever worked with! Not only is her work outstanding but she is extremely professional and truly relates to her client's needs. A true artist, her work speaks for itself! I highly recommend Raven for all of your special events, she is such a pleasure to work with. You will not be disappointed!

Cortney · Married on 06/27/2015

Raven was amazing I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND anyone looking for a make up artist she is so talented, so so very nice and very accommodating! She did my wedding make up and made me feel so comfortable and beautiful! So all you brides out there stop looking and go with Raven, you will be more then happy with your choice! Thank you again Raven I truly appreciate all you did for me my mom and sister!

Tory · Married on 06/20/2015

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Raven! She did a phenomenal job on my make-up for my wedding reception. I received so many compliments on the day of on how beautiful I looked & how amazing my make-up looked. Even the next day everyone was saying how great my make-up looked. I don't know what she does, but your make-up will not budge, even if you cry. It's unbelievable. My mother had her make-up done as well by Raven. The next morning I saw my mother & I complimented her on her make-up that morning. Well, it was the same make-up from the night before that Raven did on her, she was too exhausted to wash her face before bed & her make-up still looked amazing the next day! Aside from that, Raven has such a calm & lovely personality, which is refreshing if you are stressed out before your event. She is extremely talented & a true artist. Thank you so much Raven for making me feel & look so beautiful! I look forward to hiring you again in the future!

Lisa · Married on 12/27/2014

Gorgeous makeup + angelic presence = Raven doing my bridal makeup! Raven is so talented, so lovely, and such the perfect person to make a special occasion feel magical. She was an amazing communicator before and during my bridal session, and her presence was so calming for everyone getting ready on the day. She is so talented and did exactly what I wanted, educating me along the way about all my options. It was seriously so relaxing and comforting to be in her chair! I felt super gorgeous and everyone complimented me on the beautiful makeup. Thank you, Raven! You were the angel of beauty on my big day!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Raven's work was perfection! She provided my wedding day makeup, including my mother and bridesmaids. Her skill level is one to be recognized. Raven came with a great supply of product and took care in picking and applying colors. I was impressed with her professionalism in setting up her products, bringing clean brushes and pallets to work with for blending, and finding the right light to work in so she could ensure our makeup would look and photograph flawless. I spent time talking to her before the date, sending pictures and reviewing ideas and she was interested in understanding what I wanted before the date. Absolutely recommended ??

Sent on 06/25/2016

Raven was so nice and she did a fantastic job on my makeup and my bridesmaid's makeup for my wedding! I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 06/14/2016