Makeup by Raven Reviews

Makeup by Raven 6
Makeup by Raven 7

Ada · Married on 02/16/2019

Exactly what I wanted

It was a wonderful day made extra special by Raven’s makeup and hair. Without a doubt I will book her again.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Megan · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing hair and makeup!

My makeup and hair came out so beautiful! Everyone has nothing but great things to say about my hair and makeup. I looked and felt like a mermaid bride! Just how I wanted to feel but more!

Sent on 02/13/2019
    Makeup by Raven 8
    Makeup by Raven 9

April · Married on 12/01/2018

Outstanding!

We literally never looked better. Could not have asked for a better artist. Make up was perfect. We were so lucky to have used her. She made us all look so beautiful. Highly reccommend.

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 12/01/2018

Raven made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world

Raven made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the entire universe on my wedding day!!!! She transformed my entire bridal party into princesses. I can't wait for another even so I can ask for her services again!!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Itzie

Itzie Alarcon · Married on 11/16/2018

Picture perfect

Raven was amazing! She made sure I looked picture perfect for my special day. I would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Makeup by Raven 10

Danielle Ruggieri · Married on 10/20/2018

Most Amazing Makeup Artist!!

I used Raven for my wedding and was soooo incredibly happy with how it turned out. She is amazing, so flexible, and the absolute sweetest. My entire wedding party was amazed by her work. I will definitely use her in the future. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Chrystle · Married on 09/09/2018

I am so glad that I found Raven for my wedding day makeup! I wanted a glam look for my outdoor beach wedding and she made me look flawless! My makeup held the whole day, even after my many tears of joy. I had a trial a few months before my wedding date and loved the look, but then changed my mind on the wedding day itself and she nailed my new look perfectly with just a picture and her creativity! Also, I wear my own individual lash extensions and she was still able to work with them to create my look!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Makeup by Raven 11
    Makeup by Raven 12
  • Krisrin

Krisrin Vargas Adams · Married on 09/08/2018

Raven was amazing and helpful. She made all my bridesmaids look their best and handle their diversity with sensitivity and care. I’d recommend her.

Raven and her crew or more that I could ever asked for. She was sweet, responsive, and ultimately the best make up artist I’ve ever been to. I thought I looked absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day and it’s a attributed to her and her team. Thank you so much for memorable day it wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t for you.

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • MARISSA

MARISSA · Married on 08/31/2018

Couldn’t have asked for a better makeup artist

I don’t even know where to start with this amazing talented women. I am so beyond happy that I found her. I have gotten my makeup done by other artist before but it was never really what I wanted. When I found Raven and had my trial I didn’t need to look any further. Not only is she the sweetest person you have ever met she did exactly what I wanted and more. On my wedding day she did my makeup, my bridesmaids and my mother in-laws, we all looked amazing and my pictures turned out perfect thanks to Raven. My makeup lasted all night and even through some tears. I would highly and only recommend Raven for your wedding makeup artist or for any event you need your makeup done for. Thank you again to Raven for marking me look my best on the most important day of my life!!

• F

Frankie Hendrix · Married on 08/08/2018

Better than I could have wished for!

Raven is the most talented, professional, sweet make up artist ever. I had high hopes when I hired her for my wedding day but never could have imagined how great she would make me look and feel. I’m not the best with describing what I want or am picturing but she never got frustrated and totally did it perfect! She did my hair and make up for a beach wedding in the middle of summer. It was so hot that day I was afraid my make up would melt off but it stayed in tact. After my wedding I went to Disneyland and rode a rollercoaster where every other girls eye lashes flew off but mine stayed on. The last thing I did that day was go on splash mountain where I basically got fully submerged in water. I thought for sure I looked like a drowned rat, but sure enough when I got back to my hotel I still felt pretty because my makeup stayed on. I was beyond sad to take it off eventually. If I ever become extremely rich I would keep Raven on a retainer of 2 million a year just to do my make up when I needed. Can NOT say enough good things. She’s a magician with make up.

Desiree · Married on 07/28/2018

Phenomenal

There are so many wonderful things to say about Raven. When I first started looking for a makeup artist for my wedding I was looking for someone within my budget, someone who responded to my emails/texts, great reviews, and photos that reflected the look I was going for. I was so happy when I came across Raven on weddingwire and began to know her over text. She was phenomenal at responding to my many texts and scheduling me for my trial. After feeling like I already knew her from our many conversations, I finally met her and she was sweet, kind, and made me feel and look beautiful. The day of my wedding, Raven made me and my bridesmaid look amazing! I am so happy I found her and have already recommended her to my friends who recently got engaged! Thank you Raven for your talent and skills! I was so happy about how I looked on my wedding day thanks to you!

Sent on 11/05/2018
    Makeup by Raven 13

Cassandra · Married on 05/12/2018

The makeup was stunning. Raven is a true artist. She helped me from doing my makeup trial to finding me the perfect lip color and skin tone for my wedding day. Her makeup lasted all day and I was given so many compliments for my make up. She knew how to choose the perfect makeup for my skin. My skin looked so natural. She treated me so nice and I would trust Raven to help me look stunning again. Thank you, Raven!

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Makeup by Raven 21
    Makeup by Raven 22
    Makeup by Raven 23

Sonia · Married on 05/11/2018

I was lucky enough to find Raven to do my makeup for my engagement shoot . She lives close to my home and even came to me to do my makeup. I was completely blown away by her skills and immediately wanted her to do my makeup for my wedding as well. My wedding was close to three hours away and I'm so happy that it worked out for Raven to come to the venue to do my makeup and also the makeup of almost all my bridesmaids and my mother. Everyone raved about Raven's work, including my mother who is difficult to impress.

She's an incredibly kind and caring person both inside and out and I will sing her praises to anyone that will listen! I felt gorgeous on my wedding day and this is in large part due to her work. I will definitely use Raven for makeup services in the future, and you should too, you will love both her and her work!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    Makeup by Raven 24
    Makeup by Raven 25
    Makeup by Raven 26

Caroline · Married on 04/07/2018

Raven is wonderful! I don’t wear a lot of makeup in my every day life, but Raven made me feel comfortable with the process of choosing a look and implementing it. She is wildly talented, professional, and is the sweetest human. I had a bit of a melt down while she was doing my makeup on the day of and she was the best person to have around. Hayley is on Ravens team and worked on my hair and she was also awesome. Hayley is quick, knowledgable and super talented. I wholeheartedly recommend both artists to any bride.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Caitlin · Married on 03/23/2018

Raven truly knows how to enhance and woman’s natural beauty and make her “photo ready”! I was blown away at how beautiful I felt - and I think my man about fell over when he saw me for our engagement shoot. On top of it, she was sweet as pie and so fun to be around. I’d recommend her over and over! The. Best.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Adrienne · Married on 02/24/2018

When it came time to choose a make-up artist for my special day Raven came highly recommended to me by two of my closest girlfriends. Simply put, she exceeded all of my expectations. Raven is, not only a beautiful person inside and out, but a true artist who took the time to identify my needs and accentuate my best features. She was able to incorporate signature looks which have become mainstays in my regular makeup application (the classic cat eye) while adding that professional touch and gorgeous long lashes!

As a result of her make up, my hubby was in awe, our photos came out spectacular, and it lasted all day and all night without the need for any touch up.

Raven was very flexible and accommodating with my schedule and her rate for services delivered were worth every single penny. I also adored Samantha Walters, the hairstylist that she brought on to style my hair. Which also made me feel and look amazing.

If you are looking for someone to make you look and feel like the goddess you wish to be on your wedding day, look no further. I promise you Raven will deliver and you’ll love every moment of having her part of your special day.

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Makeup by Raven 27
    Makeup by Raven 28
    Makeup by Raven 29
    Makeup by Raven 30

Sarah · Married on 12/16/2017

It is so hard trusting someone with one of the most important days of your life. I am so grateful that I found Raven, not only are her skills impeccable but she has such a warm and beautiful personality. My bridal party was very diverse in skin tones, blemishes and age. She really captured everyone’s needs and made them look stunning. I have used her for two wedding, one of them my own and I will continue to work with her. Truely a great artist for a very reasonable price.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Cassie · Married on 10/13/2017

Raven was an amazing makeup artist! She made me feel truly beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Jen · Married on 10/07/2017

Raven is amazing! From communicating throughout the process, explaining everything and going over options with me during my trial, and doing such a beautiful and professional job on myself and my bridal party. Everyone was so thrilled with their make-up, and it was all because of her. Bonus: she is as sweet is she is professional! Thank you, Raven!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Makeup by Raven 31
    Makeup by Raven 32

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

I was extremely lucky to find Raven. I saw photos of her work and instantly wanted to set up a trial for my Camarillo wedding at the end of August 2017. She was able to accommodate my schedule and set up a trial that weekend, given that I live in Riverside, CA (~2.5 hours away).

As you can see from her portfolio, she does all kinds of styles from natural to glam. I NEVER wear makeup so I definitely wanted a more natural look. She made my skin glow and look flawless, yet it was not heavy. I naturally have red spots due to allergies and on top of that ended up breaking out the day of. This had to be because of the stress from the wedding (I am already 30 years old) and yet can't see them! She also works with all skin types; my wedding party of eight women had Hispanic, Asian, African-American, and Caucasian skin tones.

It took me awhile to post this review because I was waiting for my wedding photos. Here are some photos at different times of the day, both indoor and outdoor:
    • First picture was taking when Raven was applying my makeup at 8:30am.
    • Second picture of bridal party around 2pm. All the girls in the photo had their makeup done with me.
    • Third photo was taken at reception in the barn around 5pm.
    • Last two pictures were part of the sunset photos, taken around 7pm-ish.

I was astonished how the makeup stayed on all day, with no touch ups, even on a warm summer day! I highly recommend Raven to any bride that wants to feel beautiful all day long.

-Steph

Sent on 12/28/2017
    Makeup by Raven 33
    Makeup by Raven 34
    Makeup by Raven 35
    Makeup by Raven 36
    Makeup by Raven 37

kristina · Married on 08/19/2017

I greatly Enjoyed working with raven for my wedding. She worked hard to make sure I was happy by adjusting to my concerns. My makeup lasted all night and was very comfortable. My bridesmaids and moms also loved their makeup and the experience they had with raven.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Candace · Married on 07/14/2017

Raven is an exceptionally talented make up artist! I would recommend her to anyone who wants to feel pretty and beautiful! She has the eye for making you feel you’re best! She was my make up artist for my wedding and I got so many compliments on my make up. And I never felt more beautiful on my special day!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Beatrice · Married on 07/03/2017

Raven was great with giving me a natural look for my wedding. Even when I went against her suggestions, she was very accommodating and made sure to create the look I wanted. Makeup stayed flawless under the LA sun during an outdoor ranch wedding in July :)

Sent on 11/06/2017

Diana · Married on 06/03/2017

Hello. My name is Diana. I was searching for good make up artist for my special event 2 days before New Year and let me tell you, I called lots of places but some were sayuing it was a very short notice and some were booked in advance. And when, I was about to give up, I saw Raven website and decided to take a last chance to see if I get lucky. I called and left my phone number with my name on her answering machine and got a phone call back almost immidiately. She sounded like very sweet woman and scheduled appointment with me in a short notice. I was extremely happy and excited ,because it was my first time ,getting professional make up done. I met Raven in person, on day of my make up appointment and she was soo nice and professional. I explained and showed her some pictures what i like and she did her magic. I was sitting on chair and waited to see final results. When she showed me myself in the mirror, I was speechless, thinking who is this girl? Raven is very detail oriented and perfectionist of her work. I truly amazed ,how good she is, in what she did to me. I would recommend her to my friends and everyone up there, who want to look gorgeous!!! Thank you so much!!! Will be back soon again. Diana T

Sent on 01/05/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/10/2017

Raven did an amazing job! My makeup, as well as my mother-in-laws, was flawless and it didn't streak when I cried or when I was eating. The trial was super helpful so I could see what my makeup would be like on the actual day. She was super professional, giving tips and tricks for skin care and making sure that my skin was as perfect as it could be for the actual day. On the actual day, makeup was flawless and looked even better than it did when we did the trial. We changed up a few things, but all in all, the look was exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend Raven to anyone who is looking for someone who knows what she's doing and being in the business for awhile.

Sent on 04/05/2017