Makeup by Raven Reviews

41 | Thousand Oaks, CA

41 Reviews for Makeup by Raven

41 Makeup by Raven Reviews

Chrystle · Married on 09/09/2018

I am so glad that I found Raven for my wedding day makeup! I wanted a glam look for my outdoor beach wedding and she made me look flawless! My makeup held the whole day, even after my many tears of joy. I had a trial a few months before my wedding date and loved the look, but then changed my mind on the wedding day itself and she nailed my new look perfectly with just a picture and her creativity! Also, I wear my own individual lash extensions and she was still able to work with them to create my look!

Makeup by Raven 1
    Makeup by Raven 2

Cassandra · Married on 05/12/2018

The makeup was stunning. Raven is a true artist. She helped me from doing my makeup trial to finding me the perfect lip color and skin tone for my wedding day. Her makeup lasted all day and I was given so many compliments for my make up. She knew how to choose the perfect makeup for my skin. My skin looked so natural. She treated me so nice and I would trust Raven to help me look stunning again. Thank you, Raven!

Makeup by Raven 3
    Makeup by Raven 10
    Makeup by Raven 11
    Makeup by Raven 12

Sonia · Married on 05/11/2018

I was lucky enough to find Raven to do my makeup for my engagement shoot . She lives close to my home and even came to me to do my makeup. I was completely blown away by her skills and immediately wanted her to do my makeup for my wedding as well. My wedding was close to three hours away and I'm so happy that it worked out for Raven to come to the venue to do my makeup and also the makeup of almost all my bridesmaids and my mother. Everyone raved about Raven's work, including my mother who is difficult to impress.

She's an incredibly kind and caring person both inside and out and I will sing her praises to anyone that will listen! I felt gorgeous on my wedding day and this is in large part due to her work. I will definitely use Raven for makeup services in the future, and you should too, you will love both her and her work!

Makeup by Raven 13
    Makeup by Raven 14
    Makeup by Raven 15

Caroline · Married on 04/07/2018

Raven is wonderful! I don’t wear a lot of makeup in my every day life, but Raven made me feel comfortable with the process of choosing a look and implementing it. She is wildly talented, professional, and is the sweetest human. I had a bit of a melt down while she was doing my makeup on the day of and she was the best person to have around. Hayley is on Ravens team and worked on my hair and she was also awesome. Hayley is quick, knowledgable and super talented. I wholeheartedly recommend both artists to any bride.

Caitlin · Married on 03/23/2018

Raven truly knows how to enhance and woman’s natural beauty and make her “photo ready”! I was blown away at how beautiful I felt - and I think my man about fell over when he saw me for our engagement shoot. On top of it, she was sweet as pie and so fun to be around. I’d recommend her over and over! The. Best.

Adrienne · Married on 02/24/2018

When it came time to choose a make-up artist for my special day Raven came highly recommended to me by two of my closest girlfriends. Simply put, she exceeded all of my expectations. Raven is, not only a beautiful person inside and out, but a true artist who took the time to identify my needs and accentuate my best features. She was able to incorporate signature looks which have become mainstays in my regular makeup application (the classic cat eye) while adding that professional touch and gorgeous long lashes!

As a result of her make up, my hubby was in awe, our photos came out spectacular, and it lasted all day and all night without the need for any touch up.

Raven was very flexible and accommodating with my schedule and her rate for services delivered were worth every single penny. I also adored Samantha Walters, the hairstylist that she brought on to style my hair. Which also made me feel and look amazing.

If you are looking for someone to make you look and feel like the goddess you wish to be on your wedding day, look no further. I promise you Raven will deliver and you’ll love every moment of having her part of your special day.

Makeup by Raven 16
    Makeup by Raven 17
    Makeup by Raven 18
    Makeup by Raven 19

Sarah · Married on 12/16/2017

It is so hard trusting someone with one of the most important days of your life. I am so grateful that I found Raven, not only are her skills impeccable but she has such a warm and beautiful personality. My bridal party was very diverse in skin tones, blemishes and age. She really captured everyone’s needs and made them look stunning. I have used her for two wedding, one of them my own and I will continue to work with her. Truely a great artist for a very reasonable price.

Cassie · Married on 10/13/2017

Raven was an amazing makeup artist! She made me feel truly beautiful on my wedding day!

Jen · Married on 10/07/2017

Raven is amazing! From communicating throughout the process, explaining everything and going over options with me during my trial, and doing such a beautiful and professional job on myself and my bridal party. Everyone was so thrilled with their make-up, and it was all because of her. Bonus: she is as sweet is she is professional! Thank you, Raven!

Makeup by Raven 20
    Makeup by Raven 21

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

I was extremely lucky to find Raven. I saw photos of her work and instantly wanted to set up a trial for my Camarillo wedding at the end of August 2017. She was able to accommodate my schedule and set up a trial that weekend, given that I live in Riverside, CA (~2.5 hours away).

As you can see from her portfolio, she does all kinds of styles from natural to glam. I NEVER wear makeup so I definitely wanted a more natural look. She made my skin glow and look flawless, yet it was not heavy. I naturally have red spots due to allergies and on top of that ended up breaking out the day of. This had to be because of the stress from the wedding (I am already 30 years old) and yet can't see them! She also works with all skin types; my wedding party of eight women had Hispanic, Asian, African-American, and Caucasian skin tones.

It took me awhile to post this review because I was waiting for my wedding photos. Here are some photos at different times of the day, both indoor and outdoor:
    • First picture was taking when Raven was applying my makeup at 8:30am.
    • Second picture of bridal party around 2pm. All the girls in the photo had their makeup done with me.
    • Third photo was taken at reception in the barn around 5pm.
    • Last two pictures were part of the sunset photos, taken around 7pm-ish.

I was astonished how the makeup stayed on all day, with no touch ups, even on a warm summer day! I highly recommend Raven to any bride that wants to feel beautiful all day long.

-Steph

Makeup by Raven 22
    Makeup by Raven 23
    Makeup by Raven 24
    Makeup by Raven 25
    Makeup by Raven 26

kristina · Married on 08/19/2017

I greatly Enjoyed working with raven for my wedding. She worked hard to make sure I was happy by adjusting to my concerns. My makeup lasted all night and was very comfortable. My bridesmaids and moms also loved their makeup and the experience they had with raven.

Candace · Married on 07/14/2017

Raven is an exceptionally talented make up artist! I would recommend her to anyone who wants to feel pretty and beautiful! She has the eye for making you feel you’re best! She was my make up artist for my wedding and I got so many compliments on my make up. And I never felt more beautiful on my special day!

Beatrice · Married on 07/03/2017

Raven was great with giving me a natural look for my wedding. Even when I went against her suggestions, she was very accommodating and made sure to create the look I wanted. Makeup stayed flawless under the LA sun during an outdoor ranch wedding in July :)

Diana · Married on 06/03/2017

Hello. My name is Diana. I was searching for good make up artist for my special event 2 days before New Year and let me tell you, I called lots of places but some were sayuing it was a very short notice and some were booked in advance. And when, I was about to give up, I saw Raven website and decided to take a last chance to see if I get lucky. I called and left my phone number with my name on her answering machine and got a phone call back almost immidiately. She sounded like very sweet woman and scheduled appointment with me in a short notice. I was extremely happy and excited ,because it was my first time ,getting professional make up done. I met Raven in person, on day of my make up appointment and she was soo nice and professional. I explained and showed her some pictures what i like and she did her magic. I was sitting on chair and waited to see final results. When she showed me myself in the mirror, I was speechless, thinking who is this girl? Raven is very detail oriented and perfectionist of her work. I truly amazed ,how good she is, in what she did to me. I would recommend her to my friends and everyone up there, who want to look gorgeous!!! Thank you so much!!! Will be back soon again. Diana T

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/10/2017

Raven did an amazing job! My makeup, as well as my mother-in-laws, was flawless and it didn't streak when I cried or when I was eating. The trial was super helpful so I could see what my makeup would be like on the actual day. She was super professional, giving tips and tricks for skin care and making sure that my skin was as perfect as it could be for the actual day. On the actual day, makeup was flawless and looked even better than it did when we did the trial. We changed up a few things, but all in all, the look was exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend Raven to anyone who is looking for someone who knows what she's doing and being in the business for awhile.

• W

Wendy · Married on 01/27/2017

I highly recommend Raven for any occasion to do makeup. She is professional, knowledge, talented, an artist and a perfectionist. She delivers what she says that she will, and she brings out the best in us ladies. For my big red carpet Oscar night, Raven gave me a polished and elegant look, brought out my best features, and her makeup gave me extra confidence to do my job well on that very important night. Raven is also very pleasant to work with. She is on time, has a large collection of makeup and tools, prices her services fairly, brings her own makeup chair, listens and delivers what her client asks of her, and is willing to travel to you. She's a rare breed in this competitive market, and is pure quality. Thank you, Raven.

Sandra · Married on 11/05/2016

Raven did my daughters birthday make-up and we couldn't have asked for more !! Her talent and skill is unbelievable and she has a wonderful personality to top it off. I would recommend her 10 out of 10 to anyone looking to make their special day wonderful. Thank You Raven !! (:

paula · Married on 11/04/2016

She is very sweet, professional and flexible ;)

Diana · Married on 10/14/2016

I found Raven through putting out a mass request for a makeup artist through wedding wire late at night. I was panicking and my original makeup artist pulled out 7 days before the wedding. Within minutes I received an email and the following day a phone call. She had a commitment later that day and was upfront about the timeframe she would be available. She waived the booking fee and due to lack of time we didn't have a trial session. She sent me her Pinterest page and from those pictures I knew that it would be fine. She was punctual to the appointment and so nice! She made both my bridesmaid and myself look amazing and it lasted all day and night! No reapplication needed and even though I lost my lipstick, chapstick was enough... the makeup didn't budge! She is very talented and would love to take some lessons from her in the future. A true professional!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Makeup by Raven's reply:

Thanks so much Diana! Can't wait to see the photos! xoxo

Jen · Married on 10/09/2016

I can't say enough great things about Raven and her team! They were on time, friendly and made everyone in the bridal party feel extra special. We even had last minute additions for make up and were accommodated with no problems. I highly recommend Makeup by Raven. I am so please with the service we received and will definitely book Raven again for a special occasion!

Stacey · Married on 06/21/2016

I was very nervous hiring someone to do my makeup for my wedding. I don't wear very much makeup on a daily basis. Thankfully I hired Raven! From our first email conversation, to our phone and text conversations she was so sweet and attentive to what I wanted and had envisioned for my big day. She arrived right on time for the trial and I was so amazed at the results! It was everything I wanted and more. I felt so beautiful and it was thanks to her. She is so talented! I of course hired her to do my wedding makeup and it came out wonderful! I never looked or felt more beautiful! I will be contacting her in the future when I need my makeup done.

Stacey V. on June 25, 2016

Raven was amazing! She's very punctual and an amazing makeup artist!

I highly recommend !! She did a fabulous job !! Also very pleasant to be with Worth every penny

Veronica · Married on 03/12/2016

Raven did an awesome job on my make up for my wedding ceremony. I got a lot of complements on my make up, they said I looked stunning. I would highly recommend her for all women out there if you looking for a makeup artist. Raven is really talented and very professional. A+++