Makeup by Nikolette Reviews

69 | Garwood, NJ

69 Reviews for Makeup by Nikolette

Valerie · Married on 02/29/2020

Amazing experience

I can't express how great it was to work with Nikolette for my wedding hair and makeup. I did a trial a few months before my wedding where she was able to create a look that went beyond my vision. On my wedding day she was able to recreate the look and it was even more perfect than I had remembered. I'm so happy with the way my hair and makeup turned out. She also did my wedding party's hair and makeup too and they all were so happy with how their looks turned out. We all looked amazingly flawless the whole night! I can't recommend Nikolette enough!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Cat G. · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding makeup

What a wonderful and stress free experience I had with Nikolette.
    She came to my home for my trial when I had a break in my schedule. She worked under pressure as I had to see a client after our appointment.
    She sent me all the makeup she used as well as pictures and a video. I was able to update some of my makeup for my personal use which was helpful.
    She arrived early on my wedding day and was completely set up when I arrived. We chatted for a bit discussing what I wanted to tweak from the trial. She was patient and listened to my concerns.
    The outcome was perfect. I felt amazing and I love the way I look in my pictures. It was a glamorous look without being overdone. I felt like myself.
    My sister and niece also got their makeup done by Nikolette and they both looked gorgeous and loved her. My sister booked her and her bridesmaids for her upcoming wedding.
    I highly recommend Nikolette as she is super talented and professional. I’ll continue to use her services for special occasions.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2019

Nikolette is nothing short of amazing when it comes to both hair and makeup! She recently did a trial for me and I was beyond impressed with how flawless she made my skin look and feel with her airbrushing method. She immediately made me feel comfortable and asked me my preferences with hair styles and make up looks, executing my vision perfectly. For a person with medium length hair Nikolette was able to give me the perfect curls for a part up part down hairdo that lasted all day! Until now I never used any type of eyelashes, and she put on individual pieces that gave a great natural look. I was so happy with how I looked and I know that I will be using her again! She is very gifted in all aspects of the beauty process and has the sweetest personality. I would recommend her to anyone looking to get their hair or makeup done for special events!

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 08/25/2019

She is amazing!!

Nikolette is very talented and her work speaks for itself!! Since the moment he meet for the hair and make up trial we just clicked!! She listen to how I was envisioning my hair and make up to be... and For the Big day her work was flawless and beyond my expectations!! My hair and make up was prefect!! I love working with Nikolette, she is professional and very talented!!
    Thank you Nikolette!!! ❤️ I highly recommended her!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Katie · Married on 08/10/2019

AMAZING Hair and Makeup Services!

Nikolette did an incredible job doing my makeup! She was able to create exactly what I wanted and was very personable during the process. My spray tan was unfortunately peeling off my chest and she did a fantastic job helping me fix it and make it look better than it originally looked. I will definitely be using Nikolette's services in the future! :)

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/21/2019

The most amazing wedding makeup

Working with Nikolette was the easiest experience. She was amazing with keeping in touch, bouncing ideas. She was highly attentive to what I wanted, listened to me ideas and executed the perfect wedding look. My maids of honor and mom also looked amazing. Everyone kept complimenting us the entire night. Might I add, I cried, danced the night away and my makeup was SPOTLESS the entire night. I’ve had my makeup done many times and it’s bever been THIS amazing. She made my entire wedding day perfect. She’s easy and fun to talk to. Very professional, timely, and efficient. She left us little baggies In case our lipsticks wore off. My maids of honor couldn’t stop talking about how perfect their make up look was. I could give my praises Nikolette all day. If you’re not using her for your wedding day or a special occasion you are missing out !!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly B. · Married on 05/10/2019

Nikolette is the BEST! Definitely work with her!

I recently worked with Nikolette (May 10, 2019) for my wedding. I only met Nikolette a few weeks prior and from the moment I reached out to her Nikolette was quick to respond and easy to work with. I met Nikolette for a make up trial and initially went in skeptical. I am the kind of person that NEVER wears make up - so one of my biggest fears for my wedding was to end up with crazy over the top make up. I DIDNT want to NOT look like ME. When I explained this to Nikolette she was confident she knew exactly what to do and during my trial she worked WITH me - asking what I liked and didn’t as she went along. She was super patient and took notes. Once I left the trial I felt confident that she would do my bridal party’s makeup and she would make us all feel beautiful while delivering the “natural” highlights we were all looking for. Nikolette was punctual and came well prepared on my wedding day. My mom and entire bridal party was so happy with their make up- my cousin who was also a bridesmaids told me “I never want to wash this off”. Even my aunt - who begged me to do my own makeup for my wedding due to the same fears I initially had- LOVED our makeup and agreed that I had made the perfect choice in working with Nikolette. I would definitely recommend working with Nikolette and will definitely work with her again in the future.

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Rania

Rania S. · Married on 03/03/2019

Makeup By Nikolette

Nikolette did my hair and makeup for my wedding day and I felt like royalty! She is truly talented and my experience felt spa like and magnificent. Nikolette is professional and personable and I plan to hire her for all of my event hair and makeup needs.

Sent on 11/28/2019

Becky · Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible

Nikolette was absolutely amazing to work with. I had originally hired a different artist for my big day, who unfortunately couldn't make it last minute. Nikolette was there and, knowing that we had not worked together at a trial, walked me through every step of the makeup to make sure it rang true to my vision for my big day.
    On top of the incredible work she did, she is just such an incredibly calming person to have around, especially when nerves could be running high! She is so soft spoken and sweet, and even hung around to help me pin my veil in place just before we went out for pictures.
    Nikolette is incredible all around and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great artist!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Donna N. · Married on 10/20/2018

An Amazing Experience!

The last time I thought about getting my hair and make up done was 35 years ago, for my wedding. Sure, there were special occasions since, but I myself look good. After having my hair and make up done by Nikolette for my son's wedding I have a much different outlook. Nikolette showed me I can look so much better than just 'good'... I can be beautiful. Nikolette revamped both my self image and confidence. Her kindness, knowledge and professionalism made for an amazing experience. One I never had before and can't wait to have again!

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/19/2018

Better than I ever imagined!

I was incredibly happy with Nikolette as my wedding day makeup artist and hair dresser. She brought out my best self and created a look for me that was gorgeous and natural. I would highly recommend having the hair/makeup trial also! We were able to nail down the look there, and tweek anything I needed for the wedding day. She took her time on the trial to make sure I loved everything being done. On the day of, Nikolette and her team were on time and very efficient, there were 10 of us! Myself, my bridesmaids, and moms loved our looks and received countless compliments and I never felt more beautiful. Did I mention I even have skin prone to Acne, and I got a large pimple on the day of the wedding and she hid it perfectly and made my face look flawless! I could not be happier that I went with Nikolette, and you will have NO regrets if you do too!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Luz · Married on 09/26/2018

I stressed over a lot of decisions I had to make for my wedding but hiring Nikolette was certainly not one of them. In addition to doing an exceptional job for my Daughter, best friend, and flower girl, she was so sweet and professional which really made the "prep" part of the day memorable and enjoyable.

Nikolette is truly talented, but maybe more important, she listens to what you want and is able to make it happen. I love the transformative power of makeup, but for my wedding, I didn't want to transform, I wanted to look like myself only better. Thanks to Nikolette, I really felt flawless on my big day. She is a true professional – punctual, organized, experienced – as well as an amazing artist. -

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lauren K. · Married on 09/08/2018

Hair and Makeup Excellent

Turned my vision into a reality

Sent on 12/04/2018

Hanan · Married on 08/24/2018

Nikolette is an amazing artist. I trust her for makeup and hair wholeheartedly. She is patient, pays attention to detail, and very accommodating. A beautiful person inside and out. She is a true professional!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Alissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Nikolette was our hair artist for our wedding on August 18th, 2018 and I am SO happy to have had her be a part of our day! When I met with Nikolette for the first time it felt like I was catching up with an old friend and she immediately make me feel welcome and in good hands. Our trial was great and she was able to bring to light the vision I had for my hair and was very easy to talk to and bound ideas off of. It was always easy to get in touch with her before the trail and before the wedding and took the initiative to help set up a day of schedule for hair for the bridal party any myself and coordinated with my makeup artist beautifully. She made the morning of our wedding relaxed and fun and enjoyable for everyone and worked hard for everyone to make each of us feel beautiful and special. One of the mostly highly complimented aspects of my wedding was my hair and I can honestly say that I LOVED her work and would book her again in the future for any event without a hesitation. Not only does she do great work but she is a true pleasure to work with, is a lovely personable person, and will help make your day go smoothly from start to finish!!! I highly recommend Nikolette to anyone and confidently know that you will not be disappointed by having her as a part of your special day!!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Danielle · Married on 06/16/2018

Nikolette was incredible! She was so friendly and made me feel incredibly comfortable. I went to Nikolette for a work party, and my hair and makeup came out exactly how I wanted. I showed her pictures of ideas that I wanted and she executed them perfectly. She continuously checked in with me if it was coming out how I liked and if I were comfortable with the colors. Truly would recommend her to anyone and I will definitely be going back to her for future events! Thanks Nikolette!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Dara · Married on 06/09/2018

I cannot speak more highly about Nikolette. She was a godsend for my wedding. She absolutely listens to you and does not impose her vision - but helps you make choices to execute your own vision as a bride. I wanted my freckles to show and generally look like myself, but better. She totally nailed it, and is so incredibly sweet / easy to work with. She even came to my house for my makeup trial, which was incredible. My hair and make up was absolutely perfect. Her services are also reasonably priced. Every bride needs Nikolette!!!

Sent on 07/22/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

Nikolette is truly amazing and talented! She did my makeup for both my engagement photos and wedding. She is extremely professional and friendly and she really listens to what you want. My makeup looked absolutely beautiful and I received many compliments on how nice it looked. Even at the very end of the night my makeup still looked perfect! My mom and all of my bridesmaids also had their makeup done by Nikolette and everyone was extremely happy! I will 100% book her again for any other events I go to as I know she will make me look beautiful! Thanks again Nikolette!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Brittany · Married on 03/02/2018

Nikolette did my hair and makeup for a trail and my engagement pictures. We did a dramatic look for my trial and hair up and soft look with my hair half up half down for my engagement pictures and I truly loved them both! She made it hard for me to choose which one I want for my big day! I loved howshe'd give me her professional opinion when it came to what I should do for my hair. For someone who has naturally pin straight hair I have had my hair curled by many salons and many freelancers, but no one has gotten my hair to stay in curls like she does. I love the way my curls look too! They don't look crunchy or like I have a bunch of moose in my hair. She made it look like it was an effortless curl. Nikolette is amazing at what she does and I will forever go to her when I need/ want my makeup done!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Brittany · Married on 03/02/2018

I don't know where to even begin to thank Nikolette for doing my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I am naturally a very insecure person and I know on your wedding day you're suppose to feel special. I was worried that I wasn't going to feel that way, but then I met Nikolette. She really listened to what I wanted and did several trials with me until I found what I was looking for. She did my hair and makeup for my engagement photoshoot and everyone was complimenting me on how I looked. When my big day rolled around I wasn't nervous about being insecure. When Nikolette held the mirror up once she was done I couldn't help but cry. I have never felt more beautiful in that moment and I didn't even have my dress on yet. Nikolette is the most professional and patient makeup artist I have ever worked with. I would recommend her to anyone and if I ever need her again I would book her in a heart beat! Thank you so much Nikolette for making me feel beautiful on my big day and for taking the time to do all those trails and giving me ideas as well! You are so talented and I can't wait to book you in the future again!!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Louise · Married on 12/17/2017

The thought of having my make-up "done" by someone other than myself has always given me nightmares. I envision some young chick mirroring her OWN taste and me coming out dripping with glittered eye lids and lip gloss.

Fortunately, I was able to get an appointment with Nikolette! This young professional listened to everything I said and the results were marvelous. I still looked like ME...only better. I received numerous compliments and have decided to use the salon photo as my new look for my business card.

Got a prom or wedding to attend: book with Nikolette while you still can!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Joan · Married on 10/08/2017

Nikolette was recommended to me by a coworker for my wedding and she is a gem! She is professional- all of her makeup and tools are extremely clean, accommodations- she did about 7 services for me and my bridesmaids who are all different in style and ethnicity. She was set up before I even arrived. She does hair and makeup! Plus she is very sweet and kind making conversation easy. I highly and enthusiastically recommend her!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Lynn · Married on 08/12/2017

Nikolette is nothing short of amazing! Her makeup made everyone look flawless and lasted all day long. She is super friendly and took her time with each and every person. She is truly a truly talented artist. I am so glad we used her for our special day! Thank you so much for making everyone look so beautiful!!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Corinne · Married on 08/11/2017

I went to have my makeup done with my friend by Nikolette. My sister is a cosmetologist. My sister has been the only one to ever to my hair and makeup growing up. Coming into the salon having my makeup done I was nervous of how I would look. I was amazed and completely in love with the look Nikolette gave me! I am a very conservative person. At times I can be a picky person. The look was just exactly what I wanted. She asked what I was comfortable with. She was very professional and sweet! Nikolette put a lot of effort and time into our makeup which demonstrates her enormous dedication to what she does. I would love to have her do my makeup again and recommended my friends to go to her.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Rima · event on: 07/19/2017

She did a great job on my makeup! She did exactly what I wanted and was so dedicated to doing a great job!

Sent on 07/25/2017