Makeup by Nikolette Reviews

58 | Garwood, NJ

58 Reviews for Makeup by Nikolette

58 Makeup by Nikolette Reviews

Amanda · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Nikolette is nothing short of amazing when it comes to both hair and makeup! She recently did a trial for me and I was beyond impressed with how flawless she made my skin look and feel with her airbrushing method. She immediately made me feel comfortable and asked me my preferences with hair styles and make up looks, executing my vision perfectly. For a person with medium length hair Nikolette was able to give me the perfect curls for a part up part down hairdo that lasted all day! Until now I never used any type of eyelashes, and she put on individual pieces that gave a great natural look. I was so happy with how I looked and I know that I will be using her again! She is very gifted in all aspects of the beauty process and has the sweetest personality. I would recommend her to anyone looking to get their hair or makeup done for special events!

Donna Nicinski · Married on 10/20/2018

An Amazing Experience!

The last time I thought about getting my hair and make up done was 35 years ago, for my wedding. Sure, there were special occasions since, but I myself look good. After having my hair and make up done by Nikolette for my son's wedding I have a much different outlook. Nikolette showed me I can look so much better than just 'good'... I can be beautiful. Nikolette revamped both my self image and confidence. Her kindness, knowledge and professionalism made for an amazing experience. One I never had before and can't wait to have again!

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/19/2018

Better than I ever imagined!

I was incredibly happy with Nikolette as my wedding day makeup artist and hair dresser. She brought out my best self and created a look for me that was gorgeous and natural. I would highly recommend having the hair/makeup trial also! We were able to nail down the look there, and tweek anything I needed for the wedding day. She took her time on the trial to make sure I loved everything being done. On the day of, Nikolette and her team were on time and very efficient, there were 10 of us! Myself, my bridesmaids, and moms loved our looks and received countless compliments and I never felt more beautiful. Did I mention I even have skin prone to Acne, and I got a large pimple on the day of the wedding and she hid it perfectly and made my face look flawless! I could not be happier that I went with Nikolette, and you will have NO regrets if you do too!

Hanan · Married on 08/24/2018

Nikolette is an amazing artist. I trust her for makeup and hair wholeheartedly. She is patient, pays attention to detail, and very accommodating. A beautiful person inside and out. She is a true professional!

Alissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Nikolette was our hair artist for our wedding on August 18th, 2018 and I am SO happy to have had her be a part of our day! When I met with Nikolette for the first time it felt like I was catching up with an old friend and she immediately make me feel welcome and in good hands. Our trial was great and she was able to bring to light the vision I had for my hair and was very easy to talk to and bound ideas off of. It was always easy to get in touch with her before the trail and before the wedding and took the initiative to help set up a day of schedule for hair for the bridal party any myself and coordinated with my makeup artist beautifully. She made the morning of our wedding relaxed and fun and enjoyable for everyone and worked hard for everyone to make each of us feel beautiful and special. One of the mostly highly complimented aspects of my wedding was my hair and I can honestly say that I LOVED her work and would book her again in the future for any event without a hesitation. Not only does she do great work but she is a true pleasure to work with, is a lovely personable person, and will help make your day go smoothly from start to finish!!! I highly recommend Nikolette to anyone and confidently know that you will not be disappointed by having her as a part of your special day!!!

Makeup by Nikolette 4

Danielle · Married on 06/16/2018

Nikolette was incredible! She was so friendly and made me feel incredibly comfortable. I went to Nikolette for a work party, and my hair and makeup came out exactly how I wanted. I showed her pictures of ideas that I wanted and she executed them perfectly. She continuously checked in with me if it was coming out how I liked and if I were comfortable with the colors. Truly would recommend her to anyone and I will definitely be going back to her for future events! Thanks Nikolette!

DARA · Married on 06/09/2018

I cannot speak more highly about Nikolette. She was a godsend for my wedding. She absolutely listens to you and does not impose her vision - but helps you make choices to execute your own vision as a bride. I wanted my freckles to show and generally look like myself, but better. She totally nailed it, and is so incredibly sweet / easy to work with. She even came to my house for my makeup trial, which was incredible. My hair and make up was absolutely perfect. Her services are also reasonably priced. Every bride needs Nikolette!!!

Makeup by Nikolette 5
    Makeup by Nikolette 6
    Makeup by Nikolette 7
    Makeup by Nikolette 8

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

Nikolette is truly amazing and talented! She did my makeup for both my engagement photos and wedding. She is extremely professional and friendly and she really listens to what you want. My makeup looked absolutely beautiful and I received many compliments on how nice it looked. Even at the very end of the night my makeup still looked perfect! My mom and all of my bridesmaids also had their makeup done by Nikolette and everyone was extremely happy! I will 100% book her again for any other events I go to as I know she will make me look beautiful! Thanks again Nikolette!

Makeup by Nikolette 9

Brittany · Married on 03/02/2018

Nikolette did my hair and makeup for a trail and my engagement pictures. We did a dramatic look for my trial and hair up and soft look with my hair half up half down for my engagement pictures and I truly loved them both! She made it hard for me to choose which one I want for my big day! I loved howshe'd give me her professional opinion when it came to what I should do for my hair. For someone who has naturally pin straight hair I have had my hair curled by many salons and many freelancers, but no one has gotten my hair to stay in curls like she does. I love the way my curls look too! They don't look crunchy or like I have a bunch of moose in my hair. She made it look like it was an effortless curl. Nikolette is amazing at what she does and I will forever go to her when I need/ want my makeup done!

Brittany · Married on 03/02/2018

I don't know where to even begin to thank Nikolette for doing my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I am naturally a very insecure person and I know on your wedding day you're suppose to feel special. I was worried that I wasn't going to feel that way, but then I met Nikolette. She really listened to what I wanted and did several trials with me until I found what I was looking for. She did my hair and makeup for my engagement photoshoot and everyone was complimenting me on how I looked. When my big day rolled around I wasn't nervous about being insecure. When Nikolette held the mirror up once she was done I couldn't help but cry. I have never felt more beautiful in that moment and I didn't even have my dress on yet. Nikolette is the most professional and patient makeup artist I have ever worked with. I would recommend her to anyone and if I ever need her again I would book her in a heart beat! Thank you so much Nikolette for making me feel beautiful on my big day and for taking the time to do all those trails and giving me ideas as well! You are so talented and I can't wait to book you in the future again!!

Makeup by Nikolette 10
    Makeup by Nikolette 11
    Makeup by Nikolette 12
    Makeup by Nikolette 13

Louise · Married on 12/17/2017

The thought of having my make-up "done" by someone other than myself has always given me nightmares. I envision some young chick mirroring her OWN taste and me coming out dripping with glittered eye lids and lip gloss.

Fortunately, I was able to get an appointment with Nikolette! This young professional listened to everything I said and the results were marvelous. I still looked like ME...only better. I received numerous compliments and have decided to use the salon photo as my new look for my business card.

Got a prom or wedding to attend: book with Nikolette while you still can!

Joan · Married on 10/08/2017

Nikolette was recommended to me by a coworker for my wedding and she is a gem! She is professional- all of her makeup and tools are extremely clean, accommodations- she did about 7 services for me and my bridesmaids who are all different in style and ethnicity. She was set up before I even arrived. She does hair and makeup! Plus she is very sweet and kind making conversation easy. I highly and enthusiastically recommend her!

Lynn · Married on 08/12/2017

Nikolette is nothing short of amazing! Her makeup made everyone look flawless and lasted all day long. She is super friendly and took her time with each and every person. She is truly a truly talented artist. I am so glad we used her for our special day! Thank you so much for making everyone look so beautiful!!

Corinne · Married on 08/11/2017

I went to have my makeup done with my friend by Nikolette. My sister is a cosmetologist. My sister has been the only one to ever to my hair and makeup growing up. Coming into the salon having my makeup done I was nervous of how I would look. I was amazed and completely in love with the look Nikolette gave me! I am a very conservative person. At times I can be a picky person. The look was just exactly what I wanted. She asked what I was comfortable with. She was very professional and sweet! Nikolette put a lot of effort and time into our makeup which demonstrates her enormous dedication to what she does. I would love to have her do my makeup again and recommended my friends to go to her.

Krista · Married on 07/13/2017

Nikolette was amazing.. she made my make up look flawless. She made my eyes look extremely light with all the beautiful eyeshadows she used. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking to get their make up done!

Eva · Married on 06/29/2017

Nikolette was amazing! She catered to my needs! My makeup never looked as good as it did! I have had other makeup artists and was never fully satisfied! I was definitely more than satisfied with her! She not only made me look amazing but she was super professional, sweet,and thorough! I definitely recommend her to everyone I know! I have never had so many compliments in my life!

Meg · Married on 06/17/2017

Nikolette was absolutely amazing!! She was willing to work with my crazy schedule. She was extremely professional and organized. I highly recommend her for anytging. It was just her and she was able to complete 4 bridesmaid, me, and my mom! Just wonderful ??

Alannah · Married on 06/16/2017

Nikolette was amazing! She is so professional and did a fabulous job on my makeup for prom! She is super nice and was great to talk to. She continually checked to make sure I liked what she was doing and gave me the perfect look. Thank you so much Nikolette!!!

jody · Married on 06/16/2017

My make up looked absolutely stunning !! The compliments I recieved said it all. Perfection !!

Christine · Married on 06/10/2017

Amazing work ! Super professional! Can't wait to use her next time ??

Alicia · Married on 04/17/2017

This was the first time that i've ever gotten my makeup done professionally and I absolutely loved it! Nikolette made me feel so confident and beautiful, the makeup lasted a very long time without fading. Also I have very pale skin and it's very difficult to find foundation or concealer that matches my skin tone but Nikolette had no problem matching my skin color. I'd definitely get my makeup done by her again.

Ashley · Married on 04/15/2017

Nikolette did my hair and make up for a night out with friends. She was extremely professional and accommodating. She listened to what I wanted and also gave me some recommendations. My hair and makeup looked amazing and lasted all night! I would highly recommend her for any event. I can't wait to use her services again.

Elizabeth · Married on 03/25/2017

Nikolette is a true professional. She did a makeup trial for my wedding and was incredibly open to listening to what I liked and didn't like and took her time showing me what she had done every so often. The end result was absolutely beautiful! She is very knowledgeable about products and styles as well. I got many compliments on my makeup that evening. Very pleased overall and can't wait for her to do my wedding makeup!

Alicia · Married on 10/14/2016

Nikolette is the ABSOLUTE best! She made me feel perfect on my wedding day and I highly recommend her to any bride looking for a top-notch, knowledgeable, personable and incredibly kind make-up artist.