Makeup by Karen Lee Reviews

Makeup by Karen Lee 6
Makeup by Karen Lee 7

Shirley · Married on 10/06/2018

Fabulous artistry!

Karen is easy to work with, and attentive to what you want to look like. She, and her team/associates are professional, and on time to the appointment. I absolutely loved both my hair, and make up for my wedding! I truly felt like a bride :D. Her make up application felt very light, but her artistry really brought out my features in photos. I have really long hair (down to my waist), and she made it work. Best of all, the hair and make up lasted all night!! I would definitely keep her in my contacts for future hair and make up needs!

Anita · Married on 08/25/2018

Talented and professional

My makeup stayed on perfectly through all the happy tears and wedding events! I got so many compliments on how the makeup looked. Karen is great and I’ve been recommending her to all of my friends getting married soon.

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

I adore Karen! She is so good at what she does and was a pleasure to work with. Karen did an amazing job with hair and makeup and made me feel and look beautiful. She was so accommodating and flexible with my makeup trial, engagement photos, and with my entire bridal party on my wedding day. From the beginning was great to work with - professional and truly the best. Thank you Karen!

Makeup by Karen Lee 8
    Makeup by Karen Lee 9

Tuyet Tran · Married on 07/21/2018

Outstanding service

Karen was recommended by my friend. She made me look and feel so gorgeous, as well as all of my bridesmaids and my mothe in law. Even before I met her, through all my email exchanges with her, she was so professional and so nice! I highly recommend using Karen, you will be so happy that you did! Thank you again for wonderful service.

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2018

Karen was great. She was professional, understanding, reliable, and punctual. Thank you Karen!

Makeup by Karen Lee 10
    Makeup by Karen Lee 11
    Makeup by Karen Lee 12
    Makeup by Karen Lee 13

Cara · Married on 06/23/2018

Karen and her team did my hair & makeup for my wedding and my bridal party/parents! They were on-time, prepared and ready to work with whatever style and photos we showed them. They were so nice, accommodating, and easy to work with. Karen is also very quick & responsive over email, which is something I really appreciated since wedding planning is stressful as it already! Would definitely recommend her :)

• O

Owen · Married on 05/12/2018

Karen and her team were a pleasure to work with. They were very prompt and professional. Couldn’t have asked for any other team to help on such an exciting day.

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2017

I was referred to Karen by a friend and I am SO glad I chose her to do my hair and makeup for my engagement pictures and wedding. First, I loved how easy it was to get in touch with her and how fast she responded. As a bride-to-be, you’re filled with questions and super anxious about everything so it was nice having a vendor respond ASAP. Second, I loved how she was so on top of it with timing. My bridesmaids and I talked about how we have never been in a wedding where we finished before the time the makeup & hair artist said we would finish at. I also really appreciated her and her team showing up 15 minutes before to set up so we can start exactly on time. Lastly, I loved how she just wants you to look amazing. She’ll give her honest opinions about the makeup and hairstyle you pick and she’ll also ask if we’re 100% satisfied and loving the styles when she is done. I love that she is willing to change anything if we are not instead of saying something like ‘it looks fine!’ Overall, I loved Karen and will definitely refer her, and I will definitely ask her to doll me up again if needed in the future.

Pamela · Married on 10/28/2017

Karen did my hair and makeup for both two different occasions- my Chinese wedding in May and my American wedding in October 2017.

For the Chinese, I was looking for an up-do with no veil look and for the American I was looking for a more whimsical braided look with veil and flowers. She was spot on with both of the looks that I presented her through a picture and replicated it exactly as I imagined. The makeup was consistent for both occasions-not overly smokey and very natural each of the times, as I requested. I received so many compliments about both my hair and makeup. I was glowing throughout the entire day and didn't need to do much or any touching up at all by the end of the night.

She, also, did some of my bridemaid's hair and makeup, whom all were happy with everything they got done. We were all glowing all day.

She is very attentive and responsive to emails/text. She is patient and shows up on time. She gets straight into it, which is very important where no time should be wasted. From beginning until end, everything went as planned and couldn't have gone any more smoothly.

Makeup by Karen Lee 14
    Makeup by Karen Lee 15
    Makeup by Karen Lee 16
    Makeup by Karen Lee 17

Robin · Married on 10/14/2017

Karen is amazing. She and her assistants did a fabulous job on hair and makeup for me, my bridal party of seven ladies, and MOB and MOG. I do not wear makeup on a regular basis, so wanted to find someone who could make me look wedding fabulous while still looking like myself. Karen struck the perfect balance with my makeup and hair. I could not have been happier. I was also blown away by how uniformly great my bridesmaids' makeup and hair were (particularly since I had an ethnically diverse group) and how well the makeup held throughout the day. We finished hair and makeup around 2 pm and everyone still looking amazing at the end of the night. Even the MOG and MOB (both of whom were a bit apprehensive about having their makeup done) were extremely pleased.

Terri · Married on 09/30/2017

Loved working with Karen, she was amazing.

Ellen · Married on 08/20/2017

Karen was great-- she was really understanding of the fact that I wasn't familiar with makeup. She was great with my mom and my sisters make up as well and everything turned out great.

Gabrielle · Married on 08/18/2017

I had a fantastic experience with Karen! I first had her do my hair/makeup for my engagement shoot, which was the first time I had ever had my hair or makeup professionally done. I had brought some example photos of what I was looking for, and Karen made the end result better than I had hoped for. As someone who doesn't know much about hair/makeup, I appreciated how helpful Karen was in guiding me through the whole process. I then went back to her for the wedding trial; we tried one hairstyle up and one down. I had always thought I would do my hair down, because that's what I tend to be most comfortable with, but I was so delightfully surprised with the loose updo that Karen did for me, that I ended up choosing that for the actual wedding day. On that day, Karen and Pennie arrived at my apartment right on time to do my hair/makeup as well as that for six other ladies. They were friendly yet focused, and they finished right on time. My hair and makeup stayed in place for the entire day, and I got so many compliments on the hairstyle in particular. Karen's prices were so much better than many of the vendors I had initially read about, and yet her quality is top-notch. I would absolutely recommend her to others!

Michael · Married on 06/10/2017

Karen was great! She was on time, ready, and did beautiful work. As a bride, she kept me calm and made me (and my family) look beautiful!

Mike · Married on 06/08/2017

Great person to work with, extremely professional, and delivers excellent flower arrangements on the wedding day. I highly recommend them!!

Jeanne · Married on 05/28/2017

Working with Karen was such a wonderful experience. She was so accommodating and flexible even with last minute date changes. She also did amazing work. Highly recommend!

Sheena · Married on 05/06/2017

Karen and her team were awesome. If you are looking for an artist who can make you look beautiful and natural, you don’t have to look any further.. My hair and makeup on my wedding day was perfect.

Makeup by Karen Lee 18

Poy · Married on 04/15/2017

Karen is so flexible with our 10 AM wedding. Karen and her team arrived at 4:50 AM and ready to roll. My hair and makeup lasted the whole day. Karen is also great with Mother of the bride (my mom is so picky). All 5 of us looked absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much Karen!

Tom · Married on 09/04/2016

Karen is an amazing makeup artist who did a fantastic job on my wife's hair and makeup. Of course I was not there to witness my wife getting her hair and makeup done, but I heard only great things from both my wife and her bridesmaids. Karen was punctual, professional, and personable, keeping the jitters at bay. When I saw my wife walking down the aisle, I was speechless. Karen did not make my wife unrecognizable. Instead, she enhanced her natural beauty, while being cognizant of how the make-up will photograph. Karen comes highly recommended and I recommend her to anyone in search of a makeup artist.

Kitty · Married on 08/28/2016

Since I was planning the wedding from out of town, one of the hardest decisions was choosing a makeup artist. I was so glad that I found Karen. She was prompt in responding and flexible with scheduling my trial. On the day of the wedding, Karen and her assistant Lyly did the hair and makeup for myself, two bridesmaids, my mother, the groom and the flower girl. Everyone loved the end results - one of my bridesmaids raved that she had never looked so pretty. My makeup and hair held up beautifully throughout the day. I would highly recommend choosing Karen for your wedding!

Joy · Married on 07/23/2016

Karen is amazing! She really listens and was flexible (especially since I didn't exactly know what I wanted), but was patient and game to experiment a little with hair and make up. I had so many compliments on both hair and make-up and felt really beautiful on the day it mattered.

Anna · Married on 07/17/2016

Karen accommodated all my wedding make up needs. She's very communicative and understanding for my wedding. Shows up on time and professional. Dramatic lashes, contouring, and lushly lips. I felt like a princess on my wedding day.

More importantly, I had a huge concern with my wedding as there were very traditional guests attending, my back tattoo had to be covered up. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Karen, you are the bomb! Highly recommend to anyone else looking for a wedding make up artist.

Lisa · Married on 01/22/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Karen Lee. I was impressed by the quality of her work along with her reasonable prices. She did hair and makeup for myself plus five bridesmaids, and everyone looked amazing. At the trial, we experimented with a couple of different hairstyles and I instantly loved my makeup. She put me at ease and was so fun to talk to. She drove to downtown L.A. bright and early from Azusa and was a total pro. I would hire her again without a second thought. Thank you Karen for helping make my wedding day amazing!

Doris · Married on 07/26/2015

Karen was amazing! Her and her staff did my hair and make-up for me and my 6 bridesmaids. I was very happy with how everything came out. She was professional and very responsive to be e-mails and did everything she could to accommodate my vision for my wedding day. She was helpful in providing feedback and was very patient with me. She is very reasonably priced and I would recommend her to anyone. I received countless compliments on my hair and makeup and I could not have asked for more.