Makeup By Evelyn Mauro Reviews

26 | Post Falls, ID

26 Reviews for Makeup By Evelyn Mauro

Erica · Married on 06/17/2017

Evelyn was amazing! She's easy to get a hold of, super flexible, and fun to be around. She really listens to the wants and needs of the bride and bridal party. Two thumbs up, and if I ever need makeup done again I would hire her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Jacklyn · Married on 05/21/2016

Evy was AMAZING. She is a miracle worker. Evy lights up a room with her positive attitude, which is huge on a stressful day such as your wedding. She works quickly, is accommodating, and provides outstanding makeup which photographs beautifully. I did not provide much direction and she really impressed me with her talent. She did my makeup and three of my bridesmaids and everyone was super happy with the results. I will always recommend Evy and wish her the best in all her endeavors to come. Thank you Evy!!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Makeup By Evelyn Mauro's reply:

Thank you SOOOO Much!!!!! XOXO

Alyssa · Married on 10/02/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Evelyn and her makeup abilities! :) Evelyn did my makeup (as well as several bridesmaids and my mom's) for my wedding on October 2nd. I don't usually like when others do my makeup, but I loved my makeup when Evelyn did it for both for the trial (strategically coordinated with my engagement photos) and my wedding day! She made my makeup look natural yet beautiful. Due to time constraints we had a tricky getting ready timeline, and Evelyn was so flexible with coming to the location we were starting our getting ready process and also to our wedding venue to help us finish the getting ready process. We were so thankful for that! Thank you so much Evelyn, you made my wedding day extra special!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Makenzie · Married on 08/22/2015

I first met Evelyn while I was the maid of honor in my cousins wedding. I had never had my makeup done before and I thought it would be fun. I wear hardly any makeup at all and had no idea what I wanted the day of my cousins wedding. She came to the hotel room we were all in and did 3 different styles of makeup right on the spot without having any prior knowledge about what she was doing. We all looked amazing! I decided that day that I would book her for my wedding.
    I talked to her a bit on the phone, and she was always so happy, helpful, and flexible. I went to her house for my trial appointment. While I was there, I never really felt like I was a client, but more like a girlfriend was just doing my makeup. Again, I had no idea what I wanted for my makeup, but with the amount of makeup I usually wear and a few key things I told her, she was able to create exactly the look I wanted, without me knowing that was the look I wanted.
    The day of the wedding, she was right on time and was totally prepared. It didn’t feel like we had some random vendor in the room with us. It felt like she was just another one of the girls.
    I can’t say enough good things about Evelyn. I have known multiple people who have also used Evelyn, and I have never heard a bad thing about her. She is amazing at what she does and she is an amazing person.

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 07/25/2015

Evelyn was amazing! I absolutely loved my wedding make up. She also did my Mom's makeup who does not typically wear make up and she looked so beautiful! Could hardly tell she was wearing any! And she has very sensitive skin and didn't have any reaction to any of Evelyn's products! We loved our experience with Evelyn and would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Krista · Married on 06/13/2015

Evelyn is not only professional and (extremely) talented; she is one of the GREATEST people to be around! She is complimentary and sweet and makes everyone she comes in contact with feel beautiful. I had the pleasure of working with Evelyn from my engagement pictures to my wedding day, and each experience with her was phenomenal. She also did a WONDERFUL job on my mother, mother in law, and bridesmaids on the wedding day. Age appropriate and flattering makeup for every age group. Being a perfectionist when it comes to my makeup, it takes a lot to trust someone else with making you look beautiful on the most important day of your life. Evelyn did just that and so, so much more. Each time I worked with her, she made me feel at ease and listened to any and all feedback I provided. Evelyn is the best, all the way around, and I feel blessed to have had her play a part in our wedding.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Karley · Married on 06/06/2015

Evelyn did SUCH a great job with my wedding makeup and was such a pleasure to work with. She is the sweetest, happy-go-lucky personality, and helped me relax on my big day. I truly felt flawless and never felt like my makeup was caked on. She applied everything just the way I wanted it- I am not a heavy makeup kind of girl, and she gave me the perfect natural look that accentuated my best features. She made me feel like a queen and I love looking back at photos of her work! Thank you Evelyn!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Alyssa · Married on 08/16/2014

I just can't say enough great things about Evelyn.. she was so professional, pleasant, squeezed me in last minute, and made me look FABULOUS on the most important day of my life!! :D I recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Evy Mauro is a fabulous local make up artist! She is great at listening to her client, developing their style, and producing a make up style the client absolutely loves! She is also very flexible and calm which is essential on a wedding day...she get the job done, goes with the flow, and the final product is stellar! I also love that she can stay and do make up for the entire wedding party and moms and can come on site to the bride on a wedding day!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Jan · event on 11/28/2013

Evelyn was very sweet, very helpful, very professional

Makeup By Evelyn Mauro's reply:

Thank you Jan. I sure enjoyed our time together.

Haley · Married on 11/11/2013

I got my makeup done by Evelyn for our engagement photos! Let me tell you she was amazing! Not just in her make up skills, but she makes you feel like a friend and not just a client! I am pretty picky when it comes to makeup, and she did a perfect job! I had never had my makeup done professionally before and I was a little nervous about it! After first meeting Evelyn I knew I had nothing to worry about! I am so truly excited to have her there on my wedding day to make my makeup perfect again! : ) PS~ My wedding date is 3/29/14, but Evelyn did a fantastic job on my Engagement picture make up, and I am sure my wedding makeup will be EVEN better!
    Thanks Evelyn!!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Allison · Married on 10/26/2013

Evy is one of the sweetest, talented gals I know! She does a pre-trial before the big day, which is highly recommended to make sure you know what to expect for the big day. She is highly professional and knows exactly how much makeup is needed, in all the right places to make you flawless both in person and in your photos. She has a huge wealth of information regarding beauty and skin care. An amazing resource! I would highly recommend Evy for any special event and/or makeup for pictures.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Meagan · Married on 08/18/2013

Evy was great! We had a bit of a destination wedding up at Priest lake and she came all the way up there to beautify me. There's not many options in Northern Idaho to get fabulous makeup so I'm really grateful that Evy was willing & able to make the drive! My makeup was perfect- not overdone or cakey, but definitely made me feel glamorous! Thanks Evy!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Jenna · Married on 08/02/2013

Evey did the makeup for my wedding. This included 6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers and me! She did such a great job and we all looked so beautiful! It rained ALL day at my outdoor wedding but our make up still lasted through the night. She also traveled to two different locations to make sure everyone's make up was finished on time. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2013

Evelyn did my makeup for a photo shoot for my wedding floral business. She made me feel so amazingly comfortable, and the results were AMAZING!! I was so so happy with how my makeup turned out, I'd hire her any time! And she's freaking adorable :) Thanks Evy!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/13/2013

Evy is absolutely FABULOUS!! She did my make-up for my wedding, along with my mother and 5 bridesmaids, and did a fantastic job! She is so talented, professional, and pays attention to each and every detail. If you want to look flawless on your wedding day, she is the perfect gal to see! Plus, I got my makeup done in the morning, and it still looked perfect at 10:00pm!

Sent on 01/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/05/2013

Evelyn's work is amazing, I have never felt so beautiful as when she has made me over! I hired her for my engagement session last year and have been back to her several times since. Evelyn has a knack for enhancing a person's natural beauty instead of covering it up, and I love that she makes me feel like a better version of myself instead of someone else. I highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Chelsea · Married on 12/01/2012

Evelyn did the makeup for all the ladies in my best friends wedding. She did an amazing job! She is very sweet and made a point to get to know each one one of the girls while she was working. She is very knowledgable with what she does and you can tell she really enjoys it. I would highly recommend Evelyn to anyone needing makeup for any type of event. She's amazing.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Andrea · Married on 12/01/2012

I have used Evelyn Mauro on multiple occasions for many years now and she always gives me the perfect look for each event! The most special event being when she did mine and all my girls make up for my wedding. That was the most important day of my life and I trusted no one else to make me look/feel more beautiful! She is so sweet and professional, you won't regret hiring this amazing lady!!!!!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Hydi · Married on 07/29/2012

Evelyn Mauro is an amazingly talented makeup artist! You will not be disappointed! Always showed up early, was very flexible with scheduling the practice run time. Very professional.

Renee · Married on 06/18/2011

Evy made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. She did the makeup for all of my bridesmaids and my mother! Without Evelyn the day would not have gone so smoothly!

Nicole · Married on 08/29/2009

Evelyn deserves more than 5 stars more like 10!! She exceeds every category to the max. Not only is she extremely talented at making you look and feel beautuful, but she is caring and thoughtful. By the time your special day is over you have made a life long friend. I highly recommend Makeup by Evelyn Mauro to every woman out there planning their fairytale wedding.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/07/2013

Evelyn met with me two times before my wedding date to do practice runs. I loved my makeup on the practice runs as well as on my wedding day! We listened to music while she applied my makeup and she was VERY easy to talk to. After our initial meeting, I felt like she was a good friend. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone! If you are getting married, she is a must to hire! I have recently moved and I wish I could have brought her with me. She also went above and beyond what I hired her for and gave me make up advise, as well as sent me a lot of information on the products she used on me. She is very good at what she does and I wouldn't use anyone else!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Dominique · Married on 08/09/2013

Evelyn did such a wonderful job! She made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. I was so happy with her work. She is so kind! Overall the best experience ever!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Jami · Married on 07/09/2014

My wedding isn't until august 2015, but Evelyn did my trial makeup wedding July 09, 2014. We found out my fiancé will be deploying and had to move our wedding date, and the new date we selected Evelyn was already booked for, but I wanted to leave a review of her services for other brides!

I wore my trial makeup to my engagment photos, and it was absolutely perfect. Her skills and personality make her not only ideal for your makeup artist, but also a blast to work with. I was having some issues with breaking out, and I was shocked at how perfect my skin looked after she was finished! My eye makeup was exactly what I described wanting, and she showed me along the way how it was looking so I could decide if I wanted to go more smokey eye or stay where it was.

She reccomendation that I start saving pictures of bridal makeup that I liked, which I did, and when we met for the trial we went through them and talked about which ones would look best and why. And the best part, her work looked even better than I'd imagined. To be able to say your face looks even better than you'd dreamt it looking is an awesome thing!! I'm hoping whatever makeup artist I find for the big day is close to as talented as Evelyn!

Sent on 08/27/2014