Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero Reviews

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 6
Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 7
  • Karina

Karina · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional, skilled and sweet!

Jackie is amazing! I contacted her after loving her work on Instagram... I had two failed bridal trials and when I found Jackie’s page, I knew she was the one for me. We set up a bridal hair/make-up trial and she was so skilled, creative, patient and kind. I didn’t need to think about booking her for me and my (9) ladies/girls.
    Jackie promised I would love my hair and make up even more at the wedding... I couldn’t imagine but, boy did she deliver! She made me feel so beautiful. My look at my wedding was similar but elevated from the trial... I could tell she really thought about ways she would perfect it. I received compliments from everyone and my photos look awesome. It was the most beautiful I’ve ever felt.
    Jackie is so talented and beyond that, she’s sweet and soft-spoken. Jackie’s demeanor set the mood in the room we were getting ready in. I feel so lucky to have had her and her team as a part of my special day. Thank you, Jackie!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 11
  • Marielle

Marielle Ang · Married on 04/28/2019

Looked & felt like a QUEEN on my wedding day

I asked my wedding coordinator, Monique Provance for a hair and makeup artist and she recommended me to Jackie Romero. Definitely one of the best decisions I've made!

She replied very promptly, and is super easy to talk to. I only had something specific in my mind for my hair, and practically nothing for makeup. I simply showed her stuff I like, and what I do for my daily makeup (which was pretty minimal), and she thankfully took it in her hands to create a makeup look for me. Even for the engagement photos, I looked and felt gorgeous. She was also very patient with me, since I have trouble when other people are applying makeup around my waterline.

She's also pretty quick to work (not rushing, just very efficient). I blocked out a lot of time for the engagement makeup, as well as wedding day makeup and she finished ahead of schedule both times!

If you are not quite sure what you want exactly, just gather some ideas and Jackie can give you feedback. I trusted her judgement and trusted her to make the right call on my makeup, and it ended up looking so gorgeous. So did my mom, and my 2 girls. My mom especially, since she's not usually big on makeup. The most important thing is that I still looked like myself, even with heavy makeup. She didn't try to make any of us look like a different person, simply a more glammed up (and sparklier) version of ourselves.

She definitely loves to go big on the glam, but then again I don't mind that and I'm only getting married once, so I was definitely in the mindset of go big or go home! Her assistants were also really patient and amazing! My hair and makeup for the engagement photos, especially, really lasted even though we shot engagement photos on the beach.

I highly recommend Jackie, since if you show her what you want (or even just ideas of what you want), she can deliver it exactly the way you want or even better!

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 12
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 13
  • Mya

Mya · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing to work with!

Jackie was such a pleasure to work with! When I met her for the trial, I knew she was the one I wanted to do my makeup!

I had her do my spray tan a few days before the wedding as well and she made me look like a bronzed goddess!(I’m always nervous about spray tans being orangey but the product she uses looks so natural). She even followed up with me to make sure it was to my liking.

On the wedding day she applied 2 bridesmaids makeup and mine as well. The bridesmaids makeup was beautiful and my makeup was amazing! I knew I wanted red lip and she worked her magic and created the perfect red lip for the night. My makeup lasted throughout the night and I didn’t even need any touch ups!

Thank you Jackie for everything!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 14
  • Andrea

Andrea Garin · Married on 11/09/2018

Made the day!

I have not one negative thing to say about our experience. Through the entire thing, Jackie was amazing, kind, and flexible. Even at the last minute when the mother of the groom wanted to have her mother's hair and makeup done, they accommodated and charged a minimal price. The hair and makeup was AHH.. MAZING! We all felt like the best versions of ourselves. You guys freaking rock.

Sent on 03/07/2019
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 15
  • Isis

Isis · Married on 11/02/2018

Awesome hair / make-up for the big day!

Jackie is awesome and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a hair / makeup stylist. I am so happy I found Jackie to do my wedding hair and makeup. From the beginning she was super nice and helpful with what I wanted for my big day. Jackie NAILED IT with my natural look makeup. I don't wear makeup on the regular so she took that into account for my look and she did an amazing job. Also goes with my hair. I showed her the picture and she made it happen. She made me feel and look like a princess on my big day. Thank you, Jackie!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Elana · Married on 10/20/2018

Jackie is a Queen

I could not stop calling Jackie and her team "queens" on my wedding day! My bridesmaids, moms, and I all looked amazing. Jackie is very professional and sweet. She listens to exactly what you want and is willing to make any changes you want, in the moment. I found Jackie on Instagram and am so glad she was a part of my wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 16
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 17
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 18
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Plank · Married on 09/14/2018

Wedding Makeup was stunning!

Jackie was so wonderful & honestly one of the best there is. She is so Sweet and made me look and feel so beautiful. My wedding make up was perfect! If you can book her, do it! Sooo glad I did!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Kyle&Desirey

Kyle&Desirey · Married on 08/26/2018

I’m glad I found Jackie! She was really nice, helpful and very patient. She listened to me, answered all my questions and made sure I was happy, I got the make up and hair style I wanted! I also got my mom her make Up for my wedding, my
    Mom is really picky about that and she was so happy and loved it! She will be also doing my sisters hair and make up for her wedding! I strongly recommend Jackie, she is the best!

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 19
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 20
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 21
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 22

Lluvia · Married on 08/04/2018

I am so happy I found Jackie. I was sat up with Emma and did a trial loved it but after viewing her pictures I found a hairstyle I loved even more. I love how polite and nice she was. I loved that she was able to do someone else’s hair even though I had only booked her for two. If I ever have any kind of even i will definitely contact them again. My hair lasted until 3 am when I took out all 27072 bobby pins !

Sent on 08/18/2018

Kate · Married on 07/08/2018

Jackie was amazing! She came to us and was super accommodating throughout the process. Her work is incredible and she is really friendly and easy to work with. I will definitely be calling her to do my hair and makeup for events in the future!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 23
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 24

lindsey · Married on 06/22/2018

I can be very particular with how I do my hair and makeup. I found Jackie through social media instagram and weddingwire and let me tell you her reviews and pictures only begin to touch the surface of just how amazing she is. She is friendly, professional, listens to what people want but most importantly, KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING!!!! She has experience in what she does. Its no wonder her pictures always show happy clients. If you show her pics of what you want done to your hair and makeup, she will fulfill your expectation. If you have no idea what you want and leave it up to her to glam you up, I know you wont be disapointed. Her prices are affordable and customer service is phenomenal. She made me feel so pretty on both my engagement shoot as well as my wedding day. I have nothing but great things to say about her, would highly reccomend, and hire her again. If I have another special event, she will be my go to person for hair and makeup, no questions asked :)

She is also great with communication: email, text, phone calls etc :)

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 31
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 32
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 33

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2018

We absolutely loved Jackie!! We are from the opposite side of the country! Came to California to get married and she was so helpful the whole way!!! Loved her!!! Hoping to get to use her services again!!!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Sandra · Married on 06/01/2018

Words can Not explain the time, effort, perfection, and kindness. That Jackie had put into making me look amazing and camera ready for my wedding. She was so helpful, and listens to your ideas. The hair was amazing, and the makeup was even better!! To top it off, she was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 34

Erin · Married on 05/27/2018

Jackie is extremely professional. When I first started looking for hair and make up I put her through the ringer saying I needed her go r hair and then I didn’t need her for hair and then I needed her for hair. She was amazing she said OK no problem every time I change my mind. Myself, my mother, my mother-in-law, and my bridesmaids are still talking about how much they loved their hair and make up 2 1/2 months after her wedding. I hope that I get to use Jackie’s amazing make up and hair skills in the future. She was pleasure to work with from the first phone call to the day of my wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/10/2018

Jackie is hands down the best make up artist I have ever used. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is so personable. Everyone who was at our getting ready location was amazed by her work and thought she was so sweet. We originally agreed upon a look at our bridal trial and 4 days before the wedding I decided that's not the look I wanted and gave her a vague description of my new desired look. She took my notes and ran with it. I felt like such a princess! Jackie also does amazing hair. I had mine in a low bun and let me tell you, after all the running around and dancing I did that night I'm surprised it did not move at all. I would recommend Jackie to every bride. Thank you so much Jackie for making me feel so so so beautiful on my special day.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Meghan · Married on 04/28/2018

Jackie and her team did hair and makeup for my wedding in Malibu in April and I can't recommend her highly enough! Most importantly I looked and felt amazing on the big day, but beyond that Jackie was great through the entire process. I ended up doing two trials since I was indecisive on how I wanted my hair, and not only was she patient and helpful, she gave me a discount on the second trial. She listened to what I wanted (even though I was poorly articulating it) and created a look that was perfect for the day - natural yet sophisticated. She and her team were professional and pleasant (and even early to the venue!) and made for a relaxing and fun getting-ready process. I had such a great experience and would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Hanan · Married on 04/18/2018

There are not enough words to describe what a pleasure it was to work with Jackie! Not only was she the sweetest person, she is also beyond talented. I felt the most beautiful on my wedding day and it was all thanks to her hair and makeup skills.
    She is very responsive and always got back to me quickly addressing any questions or concerns I had. She also worked with me to accommodate my mom and sisters' needs to get someone to go do their hair and makeup at the hotel they were staying at. I couldn't have hired a better hair and makeup vendor. I am an out of town bride and I seriously hope I have to get my hair and makeup done again in the LA area just so I can work with her again :) Thank you Jackie!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Skyler Hurwitz · Married on 04/14/2018

The absolute best!

To say Jackie is amazing would be an understatement. Our first appointment she styled my hair for my engagement shoot, and it was perfect! From then on she did both my hair and make up for not only all my bridal events but also any soirée I had to attend. She killed it every time! I’m really picky about my face make up and she made me feel flawless every time. I wanted to wear extensions (for fullness) on my wedding day. I was hesitant because I had never worn them before. Not only did she walk me through the pros and cons of extensions, she actually went with me to the store to make sure we got the best ones for my hair. I couldn’t have asked for a better glam experience on my wedding day. And all the other events I attended as well. She makes you feel like you’ve been friends forever and she’s incredible at what she does!! I would highly recommend Jackie for hair and make up, and to be honest I can’t wait until my next event so she can do my glam!! ❤️

Sent on 11/16/2018

Shonda · Married on 04/06/2018

Jackie Romero made my wedding day absolute PERFECTION!! I live in NYC and was getting married in LA, so I was FREAKING out about finding a hair/makeup person. I spent 2 weeks in LA over Christmas frantically meeting with (5) different stylists and doing trials. Some of them were horrible!! When I found Jackie I was in love: her sweet, calm demeanor, responsiveness, willingness to listen and take my feedback were all so helpful. She was only interested in making me look like the best version of myself and also ensuring I was 10000% happy with the results. I ended up booking her that day and can honestly say she was one of the best vendors I worked with. She and her team made the day absolutely flawless, and I felt like I could trust her completely (not so easy for a neurotic new yorker) which helped me to be much more relaxed and enjoy my day. Her prices are also SO reasonable, it was a complete no-brainer, she is beyond worth it so don't even hesitate to book her!! I am beyond grateful that I found Jackie!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 35
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 36
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 37
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 38

Deanna · Married on 03/23/2018

Jackie and her helper Becky did an amazing job on my wedding hair and makeup. My 4 bridesmaids and my mom's hair and makeup also was just beautiful. We had so much fun during the morning getting ready and were so happy to have Jackie and Becky be apart of our day. My now husband cried at first sight because I looked so beautiful. All the girls felt so comfortable with their beauty looks and loved it. I would whole heartedly recommend Jackie and will keep in touch for future events.
    Thank you!!!

Sent on 04/04/2018
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 39
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 40
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 41
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 42
  • Miaaa

Maria · Married on 01/21/2018

I hired Jackie and her team to do my hair and makeup + 10 other women's for my wedding. They (especially Jackie) did an amazing job! I hired Jackie not knowing anyone else that she's done and just trusting online reviews and I was SO HAPPY. I'm now recommending her to all my friends who're getting married or have events! From the first email she was very sweet and courteous, not to mention always prompt in getting back to me! Scheduling the makeup trial was a breeze, and I did mine about three weeks before the wedding. She's very patient and even spent about 15-20 minutes helping me decide on the lip color I wanted (we ended up mixing two colors). She was very responsive to my feedback and ended up making the tweaks I wanted quickly and easily. I didn't really give her much direction and she still did an amazing job. On the wedding day, she and her team showed up at 6 AM (!) and they worked non-stop until everyone was done (about 5-6 hours). My hair and makeup lasted ALL DAY from 9 am until I wiped it off at midnight. Everyone was asking me where I got my makeup done and all women they did ( both bridesmaids and our moms) looked amazing well after midnight. Overall, Jackie turned out to be one of my very favorite wedding vendors and I look forward to having my makeup done by her again in the future!
    As a plus, she's VERY competitively priced! The value you get is phenomenal.

Sent on 02/21/2018

Taylor · Married on 12/01/2017

Jackie was amazing! She listened to my vision and was so meticulous in her work. Being a working model I get my makeup done constantly for photoshoots and Jackie is hands down THE BEST makeup artist I have ever worked with! My makeup lasted all night long, was not cakey, and barely creased even with all the dancing!

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 43
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 44
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 45
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 46
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 47

lydia · Married on 11/18/2017

It was a pleasure to have Jackie do my hair and makeup for my big day she did an amazing job on all of us and the look lasted all day

Sent on 12/23/2017

Mia · Married on 10/22/2017

Jackie and her assistant Becky are awesome. Jackie did my make up for the wedding and I was getting compliments all night of how gorgeous I looked. Jackie made me look just like a princess right out of a fairy tale and her assistant Becky did a great job as well keeping everything to schedule assisting with my hair while Jackie did my make up. I didn't have time for a trial planning my own wedding was hectic, but Jackie is so talented that you only really needed just to tell her what you want and she will do everything she can to make sure that you are happy with the end product. I showed her some pictures I got from the internet of the style of make up and hair that I wanted and she was able to execute it perfectly. She even did my mom' s make up and hair and she love it, all my friends kept telling me how beautiful and young my mom looked. Thanks to Jackie and her assistant Becky, they made us look amazing on this special day for us. My Fiancée now husband told me that I looked like a cold stone stunner! My family and friends all told me that I looked stunning! Thank you Jackie for making me look and feel gorgeous on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2017