Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero Reviews

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 6
Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 7
  • Isis

Isis · Married on 11/02/2018

Awesome hair / make-up for the big day!

Jackie is awesome and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a hair / makeup stylist. I am so happy I found Jackie to do my wedding hair and makeup. From the beginning she was super nice and helpful with what I wanted for my big day. Jackie NAILED IT with my natural look makeup. I don't wear makeup on the regular so she took that into account for my look and she did an amazing job. Also goes with my hair. I showed her the picture and she made it happen. She made me feel and look like a princess on my big day. Thank you, Jackie!

Elana · Married on 10/20/2018

Jackie is a Queen

I could not stop calling Jackie and her team "queens" on my wedding day! My bridesmaids, moms, and I all looked amazing. Jackie is very professional and sweet. She listens to exactly what you want and is willing to make any changes you want, in the moment. I found Jackie on Instagram and am so glad she was a part of my wedding!

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 11
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 12
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 13
  • Kyle&Desirey

Kyle&Desirey · Married on 08/26/2018

I’m glad I found Jackie! She was really nice, helpful and very patient. She listened to me, answered all my questions and made sure I was happy, I got the make up and hair style I wanted! I also got my mom her make Up for my wedding, my
    Mom is really picky about that and she was so happy and loved it! She will be also doing my sisters hair and make up for her wedding! I strongly recommend Jackie, she is the best!

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 14
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 15
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 16
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 17

Lluvia · Married on 08/04/2018

I am so happy I found Jackie. I was sat up with Emma and did a trial loved it but after viewing her pictures I found a hairstyle I loved even more. I love how polite and nice she was. I loved that she was able to do someone else’s hair even though I had only booked her for two. If I ever have any kind of even i will definitely contact them again. My hair lasted until 3 am when I took out all 27072 bobby pins !

Kate · Married on 07/08/2018

Jackie was amazing! She came to us and was super accommodating throughout the process. Her work is incredible and she is really friendly and easy to work with. I will definitely be calling her to do my hair and makeup for events in the future!

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 18
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 19

lindsey · Married on 06/22/2018

I can be very particular with how I do my hair and makeup. I found Jackie through social media instagram and weddingwire and let me tell you her reviews and pictures only begin to touch the surface of just how amazing she is. She is friendly, professional, listens to what people want but most importantly, KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING!!!! She has experience in what she does. Its no wonder her pictures always show happy clients. If you show her pics of what you want done to your hair and makeup, she will fulfill your expectation. If you have no idea what you want and leave it up to her to glam you up, I know you wont be disapointed. Her prices are affordable and customer service is phenomenal. She made me feel so pretty on both my engagement shoot as well as my wedding day. I have nothing but great things to say about her, would highly reccomend, and hire her again. If I have another special event, she will be my go to person for hair and makeup, no questions asked :)

She is also great with communication: email, text, phone calls etc :)

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 20
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 26
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 27
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 28

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2018

We absolutely loved Jackie!! We are from the opposite side of the country! Came to California to get married and she was so helpful the whole way!!! Loved her!!! Hoping to get to use her services again!!!

Sandra · Married on 06/01/2018

Words can Not explain the time, effort, perfection, and kindness. That Jackie had put into making me look amazing and camera ready for my wedding. She was so helpful, and listens to your ideas. The hair was amazing, and the makeup was even better!! To top it off, she was a pleasure to work with!

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 29

Erin · Married on 05/27/2018

Jackie is extremely professional. When I first started looking for hair and make up I put her through the ringer saying I needed her go r hair and then I didn’t need her for hair and then I needed her for hair. She was amazing she said OK no problem every time I change my mind. Myself, my mother, my mother-in-law, and my bridesmaids are still talking about how much they loved their hair and make up 2 1/2 months after her wedding. I hope that I get to use Jackie’s amazing make up and hair skills in the future. She was pleasure to work with from the first phone call to the day of my wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 05/10/2018

Jackie is hands down the best make up artist I have ever used. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is so personable. Everyone who was at our getting ready location was amazed by her work and thought she was so sweet. We originally agreed upon a look at our bridal trial and 4 days before the wedding I decided that's not the look I wanted and gave her a vague description of my new desired look. She took my notes and ran with it. I felt like such a princess! Jackie also does amazing hair. I had mine in a low bun and let me tell you, after all the running around and dancing I did that night I'm surprised it did not move at all. I would recommend Jackie to every bride. Thank you so much Jackie for making me feel so so so beautiful on my special day.

Meghan · Married on 04/28/2018

Jackie and her team did hair and makeup for my wedding in Malibu in April and I can't recommend her highly enough! Most importantly I looked and felt amazing on the big day, but beyond that Jackie was great through the entire process. I ended up doing two trials since I was indecisive on how I wanted my hair, and not only was she patient and helpful, she gave me a discount on the second trial. She listened to what I wanted (even though I was poorly articulating it) and created a look that was perfect for the day - natural yet sophisticated. She and her team were professional and pleasant (and even early to the venue!) and made for a relaxing and fun getting-ready process. I had such a great experience and would absolutely recommend her!

Hanan · Married on 04/18/2018

There are not enough words to describe what a pleasure it was to work with Jackie! Not only was she the sweetest person, she is also beyond talented. I felt the most beautiful on my wedding day and it was all thanks to her hair and makeup skills.
    She is very responsive and always got back to me quickly addressing any questions or concerns I had. She also worked with me to accommodate my mom and sisters' needs to get someone to go do their hair and makeup at the hotel they were staying at. I couldn't have hired a better hair and makeup vendor. I am an out of town bride and I seriously hope I have to get my hair and makeup done again in the LA area just so I can work with her again :) Thank you Jackie!!

Skyler Hurwitz · Married on 04/14/2018

The absolute best!

To say Jackie is amazing would be an understatement. Our first appointment she styled my hair for my engagement shoot, and it was perfect! From then on she did both my hair and make up for not only all my bridal events but also any soirée I had to attend. She killed it every time! I’m really picky about my face make up and she made me feel flawless every time. I wanted to wear extensions (for fullness) on my wedding day. I was hesitant because I had never worn them before. Not only did she walk me through the pros and cons of extensions, she actually went with me to the store to make sure we got the best ones for my hair. I couldn’t have asked for a better glam experience on my wedding day. And all the other events I attended as well. She makes you feel like you’ve been friends forever and she’s incredible at what she does!! I would highly recommend Jackie for hair and make up, and to be honest I can’t wait until my next event so she can do my glam!! ❤️

Shonda · Married on 04/06/2018

Jackie Romero made my wedding day absolute PERFECTION!! I live in NYC and was getting married in LA, so I was FREAKING out about finding a hair/makeup person. I spent 2 weeks in LA over Christmas frantically meeting with (5) different stylists and doing trials. Some of them were horrible!! When I found Jackie I was in love: her sweet, calm demeanor, responsiveness, willingness to listen and take my feedback were all so helpful. She was only interested in making me look like the best version of myself and also ensuring I was 10000% happy with the results. I ended up booking her that day and can honestly say she was one of the best vendors I worked with. She and her team made the day absolutely flawless, and I felt like I could trust her completely (not so easy for a neurotic new yorker) which helped me to be much more relaxed and enjoy my day. Her prices are also SO reasonable, it was a complete no-brainer, she is beyond worth it so don't even hesitate to book her!! I am beyond grateful that I found Jackie!

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 30
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 31
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 32
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 33

Deanna · Married on 03/23/2018

Jackie and her helper Becky did an amazing job on my wedding hair and makeup. My 4 bridesmaids and my mom's hair and makeup also was just beautiful. We had so much fun during the morning getting ready and were so happy to have Jackie and Becky be apart of our day. My now husband cried at first sight because I looked so beautiful. All the girls felt so comfortable with their beauty looks and loved it. I would whole heartedly recommend Jackie and will keep in touch for future events.
    Thank you!!!

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 34
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 35
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 36
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 37
  • Miaaa

Maria · Married on 01/21/2018

I hired Jackie and her team to do my hair and makeup + 10 other women's for my wedding. They (especially Jackie) did an amazing job! I hired Jackie not knowing anyone else that she's done and just trusting online reviews and I was SO HAPPY. I'm now recommending her to all my friends who're getting married or have events! From the first email she was very sweet and courteous, not to mention always prompt in getting back to me! Scheduling the makeup trial was a breeze, and I did mine about three weeks before the wedding. She's very patient and even spent about 15-20 minutes helping me decide on the lip color I wanted (we ended up mixing two colors). She was very responsive to my feedback and ended up making the tweaks I wanted quickly and easily. I didn't really give her much direction and she still did an amazing job. On the wedding day, she and her team showed up at 6 AM (!) and they worked non-stop until everyone was done (about 5-6 hours). My hair and makeup lasted ALL DAY from 9 am until I wiped it off at midnight. Everyone was asking me where I got my makeup done and all women they did ( both bridesmaids and our moms) looked amazing well after midnight. Overall, Jackie turned out to be one of my very favorite wedding vendors and I look forward to having my makeup done by her again in the future!
    As a plus, she's VERY competitively priced! The value you get is phenomenal.

Taylor · Married on 12/01/2017

Jackie was amazing! She listened to my vision and was so meticulous in her work. Being a working model I get my makeup done constantly for photoshoots and Jackie is hands down THE BEST makeup artist I have ever worked with! My makeup lasted all night long, was not cakey, and barely creased even with all the dancing!

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 38
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 39
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 40
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 41
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 42

lydia · Married on 11/18/2017

It was a pleasure to have Jackie do my hair and makeup for my big day she did an amazing job on all of us and the look lasted all day

Mia · Married on 10/22/2017

Jackie and her assistant Becky are awesome. Jackie did my make up for the wedding and I was getting compliments all night of how gorgeous I looked. Jackie made me look just like a princess right out of a fairy tale and her assistant Becky did a great job as well keeping everything to schedule assisting with my hair while Jackie did my make up. I didn't have time for a trial planning my own wedding was hectic, but Jackie is so talented that you only really needed just to tell her what you want and she will do everything she can to make sure that you are happy with the end product. I showed her some pictures I got from the internet of the style of make up and hair that I wanted and she was able to execute it perfectly. She even did my mom' s make up and hair and she love it, all my friends kept telling me how beautiful and young my mom looked. Thanks to Jackie and her assistant Becky, they made us look amazing on this special day for us. My Fiancée now husband told me that I looked like a cold stone stunner! My family and friends all told me that I looked stunning! Thank you Jackie for making me look and feel gorgeous on my wedding day!

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Jackie is a wonderful makeup artist and hair stylist. She makes you feel at ease and is so responsive to changes or your feedback, if you want to change your hair or makeup a different way while in the process or after her work, she is so willing to accommodate you. she comes with tons of makeup options. I used her services several times for various trials and a wedding shoot before the wedding. She is so sweet, and transformed me. On my wedding day, I decided not to do an up-do and instead a beach-y wavy look with a flower and decided less eye makeup for an outdoor wedding. She really treats you face like a canvas, making anyone's skin look flawless, but not caked since I am all about au natural. My hair was so good it lasted for 3 days after the wedding!! OMG I normally don't last a day with a good blowout. Jackie and her assistants worked on my aunt, my mom, and my mother in law at the day of the wedding, and made them all look stylish and glam, and not overdone for older women. I found her pricing to be the best around, so you are getting top notch service for a price that is not overly ridiculous. $200 for her to come to you for hair and makeup for wedding, a trial is a different price, and different price for the moms.

Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 43
    Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero 44

Deanne · Married on 09/08/2017

I hired Jackie for my engagement photoshoot, wedding hair and makeup trial and for my wedding. I did not have bridesmaids but hired her to do myself, my mom, mom in law and sis in law. From the first day I met her she was so professional and is just truly an expert at what she does. I really was nervous since I am Asian and have had issues with people doing my makeup in the past- especially my eyelids! She was very understanding but there was no need for my nervousness as she executed my vision perfectly - both for my engagement and for my wedding! She is a great listener and is very open to criticism but also is not afraid to put in her 2 cents. For example, I usually only ever wear a darker hue for a lipstick and never a nude or a lighter color, for my wedding she suggested I go lighter and she was perfectly right. I ended up looking very classy and soft and elegant rather than the darker lip I had thought I wanted which made me look older and more serious! She is really the sweetest too and we had the best conversations when she was doing my makeup. She is so easygoing and really put me at ease especially the morning of my wedding. I highly recommend her she is the best! Also, the makeup did not budge- my mother in law fell asleep with her makeup on and she said it was still on the next day lol.

Kerry · Married on 09/04/2017

Jackie was absolutely amazing. We did a trial run a few days before the wedding and she made me look beautiful and it was exactly what I asked for. She is very professional aND would recommend her to anyone looking for someone that takes pride in their work. Thank you Jackie for taking care of all of us. She had 10 people to do and everyone was completely happy. That's hard to do.

Kristen · Married on 09/01/2017

I can't say enough good things about Jackie and her team! They arrived at my home on time, ready to take on the 8 of us for my wedding. I looked exactly how I envisioned and better than the pictures I sent her. I wanted natural and romantic, but with enough coverage to take great pictures - and that is what she gave me. Everyone in my party was so happy with their hair and make-up, which isn't an easy feat! Not to mention, our make-up and hair withstood 100+ degree heat and still looked great when the wedding ended at 11 that night. A guest commented our hair/makeup artists were top notch!

Katharine · Married on 08/19/2017

When I first contacted Jackie to inquire about hair and makeup services for my upcoming wedding, I immediately felt Jackie's warm and friendly personality come through via the emails we exchanged.

My decision to book with Jackie was based on the value of her services and the quality of her work - based on her Instagram and website photos of previous clients. I don't live in the area, and I knew that a trail session would not be possible. I wanted to make sure that the hair and makeup artist that I chose, would be able to deliver on the day of my wedding, and Jackie truly did.

We had a party of 7 who were getting hair and makeup services and Jackie brought a whole team with her, to ensure that we'd be done on time. For anyone planning a wedding, knowing that your vendors value your wedding day timeline, is extremely important.

I didn't have a clear idea of how I wanted my bridal hair and makeup done, but brought some example photos to show Jackie. She put me at ease and always communicated with me during the process to ensure that we both were on the same page. If I had a preference, she made sure to adjust to accommodate that preference. She would also provide guidance, if I couldn't make a decision. In the end, I absolutely loved how my hair and makeup turned out for my wedding. I felt in control and pampered!

My only advice to other brides is to communicate to Jackie if you have a preference on who in your bridal party, you want her to work on. I didn't do this, so it was somewhat random, who got Jackie and who got her assistants. Jackie won't be able to work on everyone, especially if you have a larger party, so you definitely want her to work on the VIPs in your group.

Thank you for making me feel great on my wedding day, Jackie! You are a truly gifted artist and your charming personality is just icing on the cake!