Make-Up For You Reviews

47 | Montville, NJ

47 Reviews for Make-Up For You

Cecilia · Married on 08/30/2014

Kim did my make-up for my wedding. She was soooo great! The make-up looked great, felt very comfortable. The air brush was not heavy at all, however it was long lasting. From my photo taking til the end of the reception, it was almost 10 hours. I did not have to reapply any make-up other than lipstick. Kim is also very nice. She works around your schedule and shows up on time. I would recommend to do a trial with her first just so you know what you want for the actual day of the event. Thank you, Kim!

Sent on 09/01/2014

kristin · Married on 08/08/2014

I cannot say enough about the amazing experience my bridesmaids, mother and I had working with Kim for makeup for my wedding. Thank you for the excellent experience and I would recommend Make-up For You to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Donna · Married on 07/05/2014

Easy to work with and get in touch with. Very friendly and personable.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Emily · Married on 06/28/2014

Kim did a beautiful job with my and my mom's make-up for my wedding day! She was very easy to work with and very accommodating!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Kim was wonderful! Her makeup was so perfect and looked great all night! I would highly recommend Kim!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Kim is fantastic! I had procrastinated till about a month before the big day to book someone - mainly because I have problem skin (Psoriasis) and I don't wear makeup. During the trial, I shared my concerns with Kim and in talking with her, I felt less apprehensive. I had never heard of airbrushing and was amazed by how light the application was! She put me in front of the mirror and for a second I was stunned - I was surprised that while I looked extra hot, I still looked like me, natural. We also talked about the possibility of having to cover up some of the psoriasis spots, she said that if I needed it the day of my wedding that it would be no problem. She made me feel comfortable and even a little excited about makeup. On the big day, she did a great job on the girls and again did an amazing job on me. Thankfully I didn't need to cover up any spots - but I felt completely confident in her abilities, that if the worst case scenario happened, I would still have looked beautiful.

Sent on 01/31/2014

Jennifer · Married on 12/07/2013

I can't say enough about Kim! My makeup on my wedding day was perfect! I am not one that wears a lot of makeup and my husband would prefer if I wore none. When I told her that at my trial she did just enough so that it would stand out in pictures, but that I looked like myself and not overly done up. On my actual wedding day I felt that my makeup looked even better than in the trial. I loved that Kim took detailed notes on the colors and such that she used and I felt so comfortable with her doing my makeup on my special day. She did exactly what I asked for and made me look beautiful.

Kim also did my mother's makeup as well as my sister and sister in law. My mother had a trial, but asked Kim to change a little bit the day of and her makeup on my wedding day rocked! The other two ladies hadn't been through a trial but Kim did an awesome job on their makeup just going off of their requests. She is such a professional and not to mention a real sweetheart. I truly enjoyed working with her for my wedding!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Kacey · Married on 10/26/2013

Everything I wanted for makeup, Kim was more than happy to provide. She was friendly and professional every step of the way and even when I decided to change my makeup look a bit between our trial and day of service, she was more than happy to help. Everything looked absolutely beautiful on the day of the wedding and I got many compliments on the look of my makeup. I wanted to look very natural but radiant, like "me on my very best day." I didn't want to look overly made up. Kim delivered what I was asking for. Thank you!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Kim did a great job on myself and my two bridesmaids. I had a bad experience with getting my eyebrows waxed the day before and I had red marks all around my eyebrows the morning of my wedding. Kim was able to cover them up perfectly and still made me look great! She truly saved my day and I would recommend her to anyone who wants their make-up done for a big event!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Alejandra · Married on 01/19/2013

Kim McGillan is the best make-up artist. She is extremely professional, dedicated to her craft, and great personality. She really took the time to put my make up and make sure that I was satisfied. My photographer also liked her work and even approved it for taking professional pictures for my wedding. If I ever need a make up artist for an event, I know that I can count on Kim to make sure I look completely flawless.

Sent on 01/23/2013

Dawn · Married on 09/22/2012

Make-Up For You did an amazing job for myself and my bridal party. Kim is an absolute sweetheart, and not only made me look, but feel beautiful on my big day! She had a wide variety of make-up choices which was great for the different skin tones and color preferences between me and my girls. Definitely will (and have!) recommended to friends and family. =)

Sent on 10/17/2012

Alexis · Married on 09/08/2012

Kim was fantastic. Professional, accomodating, and very flexible. She did dramatic evening smokey eyes for me with airbrush foundation, classic clean and fresh for my girls who wanted that and every style inbetween. From a girl who could open her own little MAC store and was very picky about the make-up I HIGHLY recommend Kim. Her range is spectacular and she could not have been more pleasant!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Beti · Married on 08/12/2012

Kim was great to work with. I told her I didn’t wear a lot of makeup and wanted something natural looking. She did an amazing job. I received compliments all day and not only that but I felt beautiful. The day of she was on time. I was not done getting my hair done but they worked well together. She was very easy to work with. She even touched up my mom’s eye makeup without charging her. I would definitely recommend Kim. In fact, I plan on taking one of her makeup classes.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Moira · Married on 08/07/2012

Kim is great. Had a trial and she explained air brushing vs regular makeup. I was happy with my trial. I was getting married on the beach so I went with the air brushing makeup. Kim worked with me at the trial to make sure everthing she did I liked. She wrote everything down that she used. The day of my wedding she showed up 20 minutes before the time she was scheduled. She came on site to the hotel I was getting ready at down the shore. Her time frame was spot on for doing my make up, my maid of honor and my mother. Kim was very easy to work with and made you feel beautiful. I got so many complements on my makeup.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2012

Kim was absolutely fantastic! My makeup, along with all of my bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law, looked perfect and was just what everyone was looking for. She was on time, kept right on schedule, and was flexible when need be. Kim is a wonderful artist and was a wonderful attribute to my wedding day!!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Brianne · Married on 05/13/2012

Kim is an amazing make up artist!   My make-up was flawless for my wedding day. She did exactly what I asked for, a classy and natural look, with  an airbrush foundation. On my wedding day I felt amazing and received tons of compliments on my make up. Kim was extremely easy to work with and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process. She is so nice and really cares about each one of her brides. Her time management skills are also great. She was able to set a schedule according to needs and times of various peoples hair appointments. She is extremely clean and thorough while cleaning her brushes (so important), before using them on a new face. My family and bridesmaids also looked so beautiful and I was thrilled that they all loved their look.  My pictures looked amazing! I would highly recommend Kim to do your make up! She is the best!!

Sent on 08/11/2012

Kristine · Married on 01/07/2012

My makeup looked amazing for my wedding! It was not over the top and definitey not understated. She listene to each of my girls and they all looked so beautiful. My mom was so nervous to get her makeup done but, as soon as Kim was done she was so grateful! I can not thank Kim enough. She is talented and helped make my wedding beautiful!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Deidre · Married on 11/11/2011

As a girl who rarely ever wears makeup it was a change to look in the mirror and know I had a full face of makeup on. Yet, Kim made it feel as if I had put nothing on. I'm very fair skinned and easily turn red but Kim applied my make up flawlessly. I couldn't believe at the end of the day that my makeup stayed in place.
    My 95 year old grandma also loved the lipstick shade and I can't thank you enough for putting a smile on her face by helping her to apply to it.

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • soontobemrs

Marlene · Married on 09/10/2011

Kim was great on my wedding day! She made sure everyone was ready on time and everyone's makeup looked stunning!! All of our makeup lasted the whole night! Kim was also sweet enough to help me with tan lines since my dress was strapless. I would recommend her to everyone!!!!!

Sent on 11/24/2011

Eloise · Married on 04/09/2011

Kim was just wonderful. She listened to what I wanted, and after the make up trial, I knew she was the one for me.

She did make up fro me and my two matrons of honor and did a fabulous job on all. Hours later fter the wedding and reception, we still looked great.

On your special day, you will be pleased to have Kim make you look fabulous too!

Sent on 05/30/2011

Lindsey · Married on 03/18/2011

Kim was wonderful to work with and did an amazing job with wedding day makeup. My makeup lasted all day and looked perfect even at the end of the night.

Sent on 04/03/2011

Pamela · Married on 03/12/2011

Awesome Awesome Awesome! Had a fantastic experience!

Sent on 03/13/2011

Audra · Married on 11/20/2010

Kim was wonderful and a pleasure to work with. My make up looked awesome and stayed on until the next morning!

Sent on 12/07/2010
  • F

Carly · Married on 10/02/2010

Kim was extremely professional and personable as well. I did not even have to remind her of my concerns and my makeup turn out exactly how it did at my trial. I did appreciate that the trial was a full run through...some places don't do the entire thing till the day of. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I receive many compliments on my makeup.

Sent on 10/07/2010

Alana · Married on 09/26/2010

Kim did my makeup for my wedding and was fantastic. I would definitely recommend her. She was very professional and did a fabulous job.

Sent on 01/03/2011