Main & Market Reviews

152 | Annapolis, MD

152 Reviews for Main & Market

Elyse · Married on 05/24/2008

Main Ingredient (we worked with Evie Loftus) was fantastic in helping us - very responsive to our budget and fantastic with their food. We received a lot of compliments for the buffet at our reception, and had no leftovers!

Sent on 08/08/2008

Maria · Married on 09/22/2007

We used Main Ingredient for our Rehearsal Dinner food. We ordered the food and picked it up to take to the house. Samantha with Main Ingredient was wonderful. She was extremely patient throughout the process. The thing that impressed me most was the amount of food that we got. We ordered food for 25 people and had enough for lunch the next day. I also found out after I placed the initial order that I have a food allergy to wheat. Main Ingredient offered to change the menu to accommodate my food allergy. I would highly recommend Main Ingredient!

Sent on 10/25/2007

Kris · Married on 06/02/2007

For our wedding cake we had almond pound cake with raspberry filling and sweet white icing...this was possibly the best cake I have ever had and all of our guests raved about it as well! On our wedding day, the cake looked exactly how I wanted it to be and tasted exactly as it did at our tasting.

Evie at the Main Ingedient was a pleasure to work with. She was professional, timely in responses and offered helpful suggestions. I would reccommend usuing the Main Ingredient 100%!

Sent on 10/30/2008

Patricia · Married on 07/09/2006

They did an excellent job and the food was delicious. We had them make our cake also and it was great.

Sent on 05/24/2007

Emily · Married on 06/03/2006

The Main Ingredient did an amazing job at our wedding, providing great food, great service, and professional servers. I would recommend them to everyone. They even fixed the bride and groom a plate of food and drinks while we were having our pictures taken before we entered our reception! They are great!

Sent on 04/21/2008

Michele · event on: 05/25/2017

Main and Market catered my daughter's graduation party and the food, service, and planning was beyond spectacular. Nanette assisted in all facets of the event and provided wonderful recommendations. My guests raved about food and the overall event. I wish I could give more than five stars!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Stefanie · Married on 09/26/2015

The Main Ingredient provided appetizers, dinner, and finger desserts for our wedding reception at the USNA Alumni House. First off, Main Ingredient works flawlessly with the Alumni House team- you can tell MI and the Alumni House have a long established professional relationship. Debra answered all of my questions and was quick to make changes to our order.
    Main Ingredient provided a great tasting- even accommodating my bridesmaid at the last minute so I could have a second opinion- and was willing to work with us for minor changes to their menu items- no starch, more seasoning for the veggies, replacing the cheese on the salad. The lamb lollipops were divine, and our crab cakes & filet dinner was perfect. For sides, the asparagus with balsamic reduction were so good and the roasted veggies were so flavorful. My family likes to eat so I can attest there was plenty of food for all! I also recommend the pear salad and for finger desserts, the lemon bars & mini pecan pies were a big hit!
    My mom & I made the wedding cake, and the Main Ingredient crew was still willing to help cut & serve the cake- even though it wasn't theirs! Main Ingredient is an Annapolis institution- I highly recommend their food and services.

Sent on 03/21/2016
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 08/29/2015

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and very delicious! Easy to work with and good price! I will definitely order a cake from here again!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Carlos · Married on 07/25/2015

The food was outstanding!! Everyone was talking about the crab cakes, the service, the professionalism, and the taste of all the food that was available. If you need catering service in the Anne Arundel County area of Maryland.....look no further!!!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Shawn · Married on 06/16/2012

The Main Ingredient was awesome! In fact, I just got a query about the cake(s) we had at our reception. Everyone loved the food, my only wish as the bride is that I took the time to eat! Seriously, everyone who attended only had great things to say about the food AND the wedding cake. The staff was extremely helpful and responsive to our needs. Rachel did an excellent job of steering us in the right direction when selecting the menu. I would recommend them wholeheartedly. Thanks for a memorable wedding! Shawn

Sent on 08/20/2012

AMAZING bakery -- and the cake looks like art work!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Sara · Married on 05/28/2011

I would recommend Main Ingredient to any soon-to-be-brides! They were unbelievably understanding and helpful. They assured us of a fantastic wedding and that is exactly what we got. The staff put our minds at ease and really delivered. The food was excellent and the service was great. The head-of-staff made sure to check-in with my husband and I throughout the night to see if we needed anything or simply to ask how my night was going. I couldn't believe how kind they were. Our event planner constantly sent us emails checking-in with us, asking how the plans were going, what else she could do to see-through our wedding plans. Like I said unbelievable service!! Wouldn't have done anything differently!

Sent on 06/29/2011

Verna · Married on 12/10/2016

Julie handled everything perfectly!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Catering and wedding cake review: Pick up for a dinner catering event was flawless, everything was perfectly wrapped, labeled, and ready to go. Brunch delivery was right on time and the staff was super nice and helpful in prepping everything. Wedding cake was beautiful and just as we envisioned. All this goes by saying the food was right on point. They provide healthy portions which has left us with plenty of leftovers. Will be coming back for future catering needs.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Main Ingredient was fantastic! They worked with me and my parents and were able to put together a menu that reflected what each of us wanted. The food was as great at the event as it was at the tasting and the event staff was personable and efficient.

easy to work with and tons of compliments since the wedding- I would definitely work with them again!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2013

The Main Ingredient did a great job with our cupcake and 6 inch cake tower! Jessica was very friendly from the initial meeting and they also provided gluten free cupcakes which was a must for some of our guests! The flavoring options were abundant and everything turned out extremely well. They were very responsive but the only complaint I would have is that they did not provide a cupcake tower for us. That was something I had to purchase on my own. Other than that, I would highly recommend them for your wedding cake and/or cupcakes!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Main Ingredient was a great choice! The food and drinks were amazing and the staff very attentive. They made the reception worry-free. I highly recommend them (and Rachel Cloud)!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Anne · Married on 01/07/2012

Everyone we dealt with at Main Ingredient was professional, friendly, and accomodating. The best part was having an on-site coordinator (the lead server), who made sure that everything was just as I wanted it. I felt comfortable enough after meeting with them that I didn't even see the room before I was walking down the aisle. Shout-out to Rachel and Aileen!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Jenna · Married on 07/17/2010

My husband and I chose The Main Ingredient to cater our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! The food, the service and overall experience working with The Main Ingredient was absolutely wonderful. Our catering sales consultant was Rachel. From the initial meeting with Rachel up until the very end, she was so responsive and always available to answer any questions or make quick changes to the menu, schedule of events, etc. We hired Rachel as our wedding coordinator also, which was the best money spent. Our wedding was the only one that I've been to that started exactly on time! She promised it would-and it did because of her. Our wedding went smoothly, nothing went wrong and I wasn't worried about anything happening, because Rachel had everything under control-it just felt reassuring knowing that we had her there to depend on to keep the wedding running smoothly!
    The food is to die for, especially the cake! I'm so happy we had Main Ingredient do our cake, everyone loved it! My husband and I will definitely dine at The Main Ingredient restaurant whenever we are in town.
    I 100% recommend The Main Ingredient to any bride or person planning an event. Just schedule a tasting and see for yourself! - Ask for Rachel!!

Sent on 08/15/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/30/2010

Both my husband and I do not like cake, so when we tried the amazing butter pound cake with buttercream frosting and absolutely loved it, we knew we found our cake baker. Main Ingredient not only had incredibly delicious cake, but really beautiful designs. We met with Main Ingredient staff a few times, and they even had us meet with our baker who sketched out a design of our cake, which helped us refine our vision.

We wanted a very simple, elegant cake and that is what they delivered. Our cake turned out exactly as we envisioned and planned with Main Ingredient. It was amazing, and our guests also said that it was the best cake they have ever tasted. In addition, some of our guests thought it was fondant until they tried it because it was so well frosted. We cannot wait to try it again for our 1 year anniversary!

We were highly impressed with Main Ingredient's customer service and their cake design and taste. It was a perfect cake for our wedding day!

Sent on 07/31/2010
  • O

Lisa · Married on 10/02/2009

Debra Darrow was a joy to work with, and our cupcakes were fantastic. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Megan · Married on 06/10/2009

The Main Ingredient did a fantastic job with the brunch style reception for my wedding. I had several special requests that were handled without any fuss or additional charges. Debra was quick to answer questions (and I called a lot!) and kept everything on schedule. The food was great and the cake was outstanding! The waiters were very attentive and professional.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Lisa · Married on 06/27/2008

They were extremely professional and let us know when they had any concerns about making our cakes. Our guests raved about the wedding cake. There wasn't any left after the wedding!

Sent on 07/01/2008

Haven · Married on 06/21/2008

The cake turned out beautifully!! They decorated exactly like I asked and it was quite tasty too!

Sent on 08/29/2008

Kristina · Married on 04/26/2008

There is no reason that mass produced food can't be delicious. The Main Ingredient is a testament to this notion. From our tasting to the actual meal, we were constantly impressed with the quality and flexibility of the menu. Our guests raved. The service was above and beyond, all staff were friendly and attentive. Evie Loftus personally made planning a breeze and ran the event to perfection. Can't recommend enough.

Sent on 06/25/2008