Main & Market Reviews

Main & Market 6
Main & Market 7
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 08/29/2015

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and very delicious! Easy to work with and good price! I will definitely order a cake from here again!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Carlos · Married on 07/25/2015

The food was outstanding!! Everyone was talking about the crab cakes, the service, the professionalism, and the taste of all the food that was available. If you need catering service in the Anne Arundel County area of Maryland.....look no further!!!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Shawn · Married on 06/16/2012

The Main Ingredient was awesome! In fact, I just got a query about the cake(s) we had at our reception. Everyone loved the food, my only wish as the bride is that I took the time to eat! Seriously, everyone who attended only had great things to say about the food AND the wedding cake. The staff was extremely helpful and responsive to our needs. Rachel did an excellent job of steering us in the right direction when selecting the menu. I would recommend them wholeheartedly. Thanks for a memorable wedding! Shawn

Sent on 08/20/2012

AMAZING bakery -- and the cake looks like art work!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Sara · Married on 05/28/2011

I would recommend Main Ingredient to any soon-to-be-brides! They were unbelievably understanding and helpful. They assured us of a fantastic wedding and that is exactly what we got. The staff put our minds at ease and really delivered. The food was excellent and the service was great. The head-of-staff made sure to check-in with my husband and I throughout the night to see if we needed anything or simply to ask how my night was going. I couldn't believe how kind they were. Our event planner constantly sent us emails checking-in with us, asking how the plans were going, what else she could do to see-through our wedding plans. Like I said unbelievable service!! Wouldn't have done anything differently!

Sent on 06/29/2011

Verna · Married on 12/10/2016

Julie handled everything perfectly!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Catering and wedding cake review: Pick up for a dinner catering event was flawless, everything was perfectly wrapped, labeled, and ready to go. Brunch delivery was right on time and the staff was super nice and helpful in prepping everything. Wedding cake was beautiful and just as we envisioned. All this goes by saying the food was right on point. They provide healthy portions which has left us with plenty of leftovers. Will be coming back for future catering needs.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Main Ingredient was fantastic! They worked with me and my parents and were able to put together a menu that reflected what each of us wanted. The food was as great at the event as it was at the tasting and the event staff was personable and efficient.

easy to work with and tons of compliments since the wedding- I would definitely work with them again!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2013

The Main Ingredient did a great job with our cupcake and 6 inch cake tower! Jessica was very friendly from the initial meeting and they also provided gluten free cupcakes which was a must for some of our guests! The flavoring options were abundant and everything turned out extremely well. They were very responsive but the only complaint I would have is that they did not provide a cupcake tower for us. That was something I had to purchase on my own. Other than that, I would highly recommend them for your wedding cake and/or cupcakes!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Main Ingredient was a great choice! The food and drinks were amazing and the staff very attentive. They made the reception worry-free. I highly recommend them (and Rachel Cloud)!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Anne · Married on 01/07/2012

Everyone we dealt with at Main Ingredient was professional, friendly, and accomodating. The best part was having an on-site coordinator (the lead server), who made sure that everything was just as I wanted it. I felt comfortable enough after meeting with them that I didn't even see the room before I was walking down the aisle. Shout-out to Rachel and Aileen!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Jenna · Married on 07/17/2010

My husband and I chose The Main Ingredient to cater our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! The food, the service and overall experience working with The Main Ingredient was absolutely wonderful. Our catering sales consultant was Rachel. From the initial meeting with Rachel up until the very end, she was so responsive and always available to answer any questions or make quick changes to the menu, schedule of events, etc. We hired Rachel as our wedding coordinator also, which was the best money spent. Our wedding was the only one that I've been to that started exactly on time! She promised it would-and it did because of her. Our wedding went smoothly, nothing went wrong and I wasn't worried about anything happening, because Rachel had everything under control-it just felt reassuring knowing that we had her there to depend on to keep the wedding running smoothly!
    The food is to die for, especially the cake! I'm so happy we had Main Ingredient do our cake, everyone loved it! My husband and I will definitely dine at The Main Ingredient restaurant whenever we are in town.
    I 100% recommend The Main Ingredient to any bride or person planning an event. Just schedule a tasting and see for yourself! - Ask for Rachel!!

Sent on 08/15/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/30/2010

Both my husband and I do not like cake, so when we tried the amazing butter pound cake with buttercream frosting and absolutely loved it, we knew we found our cake baker. Main Ingredient not only had incredibly delicious cake, but really beautiful designs. We met with Main Ingredient staff a few times, and they even had us meet with our baker who sketched out a design of our cake, which helped us refine our vision.

We wanted a very simple, elegant cake and that is what they delivered. Our cake turned out exactly as we envisioned and planned with Main Ingredient. It was amazing, and our guests also said that it was the best cake they have ever tasted. In addition, some of our guests thought it was fondant until they tried it because it was so well frosted. We cannot wait to try it again for our 1 year anniversary!

We were highly impressed with Main Ingredient's customer service and their cake design and taste. It was a perfect cake for our wedding day!

Sent on 07/31/2010
  • O

Lisa · Married on 10/02/2009

Debra Darrow was a joy to work with, and our cupcakes were fantastic. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Megan · Married on 06/10/2009

The Main Ingredient did a fantastic job with the brunch style reception for my wedding. I had several special requests that were handled without any fuss or additional charges. Debra was quick to answer questions (and I called a lot!) and kept everything on schedule. The food was great and the cake was outstanding! The waiters were very attentive and professional.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Lisa · Married on 06/27/2008

They were extremely professional and let us know when they had any concerns about making our cakes. Our guests raved about the wedding cake. There wasn't any left after the wedding!

Sent on 07/01/2008

Haven · Married on 06/21/2008

The cake turned out beautifully!! They decorated exactly like I asked and it was quite tasty too!

Sent on 08/29/2008

Kristina · Married on 04/26/2008

There is no reason that mass produced food can't be delicious. The Main Ingredient is a testament to this notion. From our tasting to the actual meal, we were constantly impressed with the quality and flexibility of the menu. Our guests raved. The service was above and beyond, all staff were friendly and attentive. Evie Loftus personally made planning a breeze and ran the event to perfection. Can't recommend enough.

Sent on 06/25/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 01/20/2007

All my guests loved my meal! It was a little difficult because I was working with someone and then they were no longer working for the company. No one ever got back to me so when I finally contacted them I did get in touch with Jenny who is wonderful to work with. She was the best part of the experience for me. She is the main reason they are getting so many stars for professionalism.

I have many vegetarian friends so Jenny worked with me on creating a menu that would accommodate them as well as a very lethal Mushroom allergy. One of my disappointments though was to find out the salad had bacon ( even though we had put all the planning in place specifically for the vegetarians and kosher guests) in it which ruined that for a lot of the guests.

I was also a little disappointed in the actual catering staff who my groom and several guests overheard talking about other guests. They didn't even know who the groom was (THE ONLY ONE IN A TUX!) and they were rude to him and my mother when we inquired about the tables we had rented and had not been delivered.

They did work really well under pressure though in that the ceremony ended about 1/2hr sooner than expected but they also made me feel rushed and I now regret a little telling everyone we could end the evening an hour earlier than planned because of her suggestion.

We had cupcakes but we purchased a cake specifically to be cut and also to save for our Anniversary and they did not save it for us- we're not sure what happened but they didn't serve it to the guests either.

Overall though I really would use this company again, I would just also hire a party planner to co-ordinate with the catering staff- and definitely work with Jenny again- SHE WAS WONDERFUL!!!!

** Now that it has been a year since the event I contacted Jenny again to make reservations so we could have an anniversary dinner. She contacted me back right away and even told me she was going to order me a cake! I said it before and I will say it again- WORK WITH JENNY!!! She REALLY is a great help! I've RAISED my stars BECAUSE OF HER and their Yummy food.

Sent on 03/20/2007

Everything we planned and hoped for surpassed our dreams for our beautiful wedding. Even thought the Wedding Day was rainy, Main Ingredient set up buffets and tables with such taste and finesse that our guests were delighted with the loveliness of it all.
    It was a pleasure to work with Main Ingredient and would definitely recommend them highly!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Tina · Married on 11/11/2017

They were one of the vendors on the "approved list" we had to use at our venue. I also asked for input from friends and someone had just been to a wedding they catered and raved about how great the catering was. We talked to a few places before we settled on Main & Market and they stood out in terms of pricing, menu options and flexibility, and responsiveness. I worked with Julie to do all the planning and she was fantastic--put up with me changing my mind a couple of times, gave advice and recommendations when I needed them, and was overall very pleasant and professional. The catering team on the day of the wedding was great! They were a bit surprised when I popped into the kitchen before the ceremony to hide from everyone before it started then they took it in stride and didn't mind me chatting with them a bit as they went through the preparations. They treated me so well--going out to find my special champagne flute and opening a bottle so I could have a glass of bubbly (or two) when I asked for it. Guests enjoyed the food.

The downsides: There was a bit of confusion in the setup because the tables had to be arranged differently than planned on account of very cold weather and the ceremony moving indoors. Our parents ended up a a table toward the back of the room (which our mothers immediately corrected by switching table numbers with one in front!) and a guest in a wheelchair had to maneuver between tables rather than being at a table more easily accessible. I think those confusions were more a result of my family not thinking about who was at which table rather than a result of something the catering staff did. We had also requested that coffee and hot tea be available as guests would be arriving, which happened, but when my husband went to get coffee before the ceremony he said it was all cold. Seems like the urn wasn't being kept warm at all. These things are pretty minor, though.

We definitely recommend Main and Market!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/25/2017

The cupcakes and mini pies provided to us by Main & Market were such a delicious highlight of our reception! The team at Main & Market were a pleasure to work with. We had a free, private tasting where we were able to sample and customize the perfect menu, and I had great communication throughout the whole process with Julie. Everything was delivered promptly and looked beautiful.

Sent on 06/29/2017

We worked with Debra at The Main Ingredient for our catering and wedding cake. Debra met with us about 6 months before our wedding to discuss our initial plan and what we were looking for on our menu. We did a brunch buffet with passed hor dourves before the buffet. About a month before our wedding, we did a menu and cake tasting. She had SO MUCH food for us to taste; literally everything from the menu (and not in small quantities!). It was a good thing too, because the day of our wedding, we did not eat a whole lot so I' m glad we were able to eat a lot for the tasting. She was very flexible with our cake desires. We had a two tiered cake with one flavor to cut and then two flavors of sheet cake to serve for the guests. The cake was amazing (the almond pound cake with the pastry cream with fresh strawberries was definitely the best!). Everyone loved the food. We provided our own alcohol and The Main Ingredient provided the non-alcoholic beverages and bloody mary mix. Unfortunately, they did not realize that there was a box with large champagne bottles for the mimosas and only were aware of the box with the smaller champagne bottles for the toasts, which they ended up using for mimosas. They informed us that we were running out of champagne and we cut off mimosas, so that there would be some champagne left for the toast. Only some of the guests got actual champagne for the toast and the others got sparkling grape juice. At the end of the reception, the box with the large bottles of champagne was found. If you use your own alcohol, make sure that the bartender is aware of the location and all of the alcohol you want them to use! (I am sure this goes for any situation where you provide your own alcohol) During the reception, the servers brought my husband and me our own plates, so that we did not have to go through the buffet line. They got the guests through the buffet line in a very orderly manner so that the line did not get out of hand. Overall, they were awesome!

Sent on 09/08/2012

Leslie · Married on 10/08/2011

3.5

We were excited to work with Main Ingredient because we have enjoyed the restaurant and found, upon further research, that they had catering menus with a lot more personality than you might expect from a company serving large events. Our guests seemed happy with the combination of classic (grilled veggies and chicken, simple salads) and truly unqiue (crab chimichangas!!!) items we selected. We enjoyed working with Rachel Cloud, head server Patti Underwood and the entire crew!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Moea · Married on 07/02/2010

The Main Ingredient did a great job of catering our wedding aboard the Catherine Marie. They are very professional, the service was great and the food was good, the hors d'oeuvres even better! They made our wedding cake and it was awesome, we did not have a traditional wedding cake, rather a replica of the family castle in France and they did an awesome job with that, might I add, the cake was delicious! the flavors and fillings are sublime. Try the chocolate cabernet with the rasberry mouse filling, you can't go wrong!
    The mains were good, not amazing though, for the price, I would expect better. We chose the seafood wrapped in filo and it still came out soggy, not crunchy as filo should. So that was dissapointing, I'm sure most guests ate all the lovely seafood inside the filo though. The table settings looked gorgeous. The staff was excellent.

Sent on 07/27/2010