Main & Market Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Julie H. Married on 05/15/2022

Great Caterer

We really loved having Main & Market as our caterer. Julie was really easy to work with and super responsive to all of our questions. We got so many compliments on the food! And we did chocolate chip cookies and shots of milk as part of our dessert.
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 09/23/2021

Main & Market + Federal House = Perfection

We had our small reception at Federal House, which uses Main & Market as a caterer/coordinator. Working with April was a breeze and the food was outstanding!
    [Just in case I can’t find Federal House as a venue on this site - I also want to say that the staff that worked with us the day of was phenomenal!]
  • Housetyrrell2020
    Jacqueline Married on 06/07/2021

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Scott
    Scott R. Married on 09/26/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mother of the bride planning a wedding during covid

After Covid-19 led to canceling the venue and in-house caterer for my daughter’s wedding, we switched to an intimate, family-only wedding in my backyard. We immediately turned to Main & Market; they’ve catered a couple of parties for us, and we’ve always loved their food. Our wedding guests did too. From the hors d'oeuvres to the entrées and the gorgeous cake, we all thought the food was absolutely delicious. And Jennifer and Judy, who staffed our event, did a superb job. Jennifer smoothly and unobtrusively served the courses and kept our glasses filled and even offered helpful ideas during setup. Judy, who cooked on site, thoughtfully packed up two additional meals for the bride and groom to take home and slices of cake for each of the guests. After they left, the kitchen was so clean that we couldn't even tell they had been there.

A big thank you to Evie, who made it all come together, and to Jennifer and Judy for making the evening extra special.

Main & Market's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share, it means so much to us!
    You all were a pleasure to work with, congratulations, Evie
  • Tanya
    Tanya P. Married on 09/25/2020

Super Professional

My husband and I worked with both Evie and Julie and they were both absolutely wonderful to work with. We loved how friendly and accommodating all of the Main & Market staff were. Before the big day, both ladies talked me through ideas, engaged with me, and really tried to make our perfect day happen. On the wedding day, everything was seamless. The staff was so friendly and genuine, therefore we had one less thing to stress about. Thank you Main & Market!

Main & Market's reply:

Thank you, Tanya! It was a beautiful reception and the gardens were stunning even with raindrops. You were a pleasure to work with and our best to you and Brian! Evie
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 09/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We decided to use 8 of their incredibly delicious specialty cakes instead of a traditional wedding cake. They looked fabulous and our guests were so excited to try them! People were actually getting in line for cake! When does that ever happen! They did a great job! We can't wait until we go back and visit Annapolis so we can head back in for a slice! They were also very helpful when we were picking out cakes. They let us take home a couple of huge slices from their daily showcase to try out! Their cake is fabulous!
  • JACKIE
    Jacqueline Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing catering company

Big should out to Diane Fantone! Covid was tough for planning but Diane was so amazing and responsive and really ensured it was an amazing day. Diane was my point person there and was so flexible with adjustments and questions I had. The people that were appointed for the day to work our wedding were absolutely awesome! Big shout out to the bartenders they were just absolutely amazing in every way! The food and presentation was delicious and my guests so enjoyed it. Main & Market was attentive, kept the drinks flowing and served amazing food! I highly recommend them! Thanks Diane for being amazing!

Main & Market's reply:

Thank you for sharing! Diane takes great pride in executing the client's vision. Congratulations! Our best to your and yours from all of us at Main & Market.
  • Lisa
    Lisa T. Married on 10/26/2019

Fall In Love with Main & Market

From the moment we met Diane, my daughter and I knew she was the right person to hire for her big day. Diane executed our vision from start to finish. The food was amazing! Our guests loved the special twist Main & Market did for our brunch reception. Our theme was “ Fall in Love”, and the pumpkin pancakes were a hit! Our guests also enjoyed the hot caramel apple cider. The set up and clean up was worry free for us. Diane abs her team took care of it all! Main & Market is well worth the price. They took care of the cake, linens, and china, tables, and chair rentals. You can’t beat going with this all inclusive wedding vendor.
  • Veronica
    Veronica Married on 10/19/2019

Incredible!!!!

I do not even know where to start! From the initial inquiry to my wedding day Nanette was my go to girl who took care of everything. Our initial consultation was on time, she answered all of my questions and then we decided to schedule a tasting. She answered every one of my emails in a timely fashion and became my rock through the whole process. The tasting was amazing, and their food was absolutely incredible. I booked them over a year away from the wedding and when it came time to have our linen appointment, she was there walking us through every single step and was personally there! I could not have been more blessed with how her and the company took care of every detail the day of the wedding. All of my guests raved about the food and presentation of the workers from the caterers. Each one of them went above and beyond to give my guests a night they will never forget. I can not thank them enough for making my wedding seamless, on time and best of all without flaw. I would not only recommend them to cater weddings, but any event that you may want to have. Thank you to Nanette and her team for making it the best day of my life.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 09/24/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Main and Market was amazing. In our first meeting, they had prepared an incredible tasting for us. Debra was fantastic to work with from start to finish. All of our guests loved the food. Our venue was a couple hours away from Annapolis and the entire experience was flawless from their team. Would highly recommend.
  • Jessie
    Jessie Married on 09/21/2019

Highly recommend!

I'm so glad we chose Main & Market!
    I've had several people from the wedding say it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. We didn't want to do typically chicken or fish and potatoes, we wanted pasta and chicken parmesan. Julie was our contact and she was flexible and responsive to our ideas, and she was always looking for ways to be more efficient and cost effective (save us money!!)

We had a tent wedding so we had to build the event from the ground up and she helped make it all happen.

And... I found out 3 weeks after the wedding, there was an issue with cooking at the venue so they drove back across the bay bridge to their kitchen in Annapolis and I had no idea! That's the kind of service they deliver.
    Lastly - it was all the excellent quality and service and it was a great price. Like, wayy less expensive than most of the places I had looked.
  • Kelcey
    Kelcey C. Married on 09/15/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Terrific Food and Customer Service!!

One of the most repeated compliments we received after our wedding was how amazing all the food was and I absolutely agree!! It was tough at first trying to decide which vendor to go with for something this important, but once we started talking with Julie who was our extremely nice and responsive point of contact for the caterer and saw the wide range of options and flexibility they provided, we knew we had found our place. For the day of they were right on time and delivered everything they had promised, including a very helpful and friendly staff who seemed to go above and beyond for us. Having talked about it afterwards, both my wife and I would absolutely go with them again if we had to do it all over!
  • Katie
    Katie B. Married on 09/14/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly recommend for any event.

We would definitely recommend Main and Market as we had a wonderful experience working with them.

Debra was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning of our cocktail hour and reception. She was well organized, knowledgeable, and personable. She made us feel comfortable and at ease as we narrowed down our choices for the menu. There was no rush during our tasting and Debra was open to our ideas for modifications of certain items.

Debra was very responsive in the months, weeks, and days leading up to our wedding. She did a great job when we did our on-site walkthrough of the property (and she brought desserts!), considering logistics we hadn’t thought of that would have made the day of the wedding more stressful if it wasn’t brought up.

The food was absolutely delicious and the service was outstanding throughout the wedding. We received many compliments about the appetizers, buffet, and bourbon ice cream. The biggest hit may have been the warm buttermilk biscuits with honey butter (so good!). The catering staff were professional, friendly, and attentive to guest requests. Debra was also on-site to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Main and Market contributed in a big way to making sure our wedding night exceeded our expectations.
  • Ar Gahan
    Ar Gahan Married on 08/29/2019

Fabulous Caterer

Main and Market catered our daughter's wedding on our waterfront farm on the Maryland Eastern Shore this past weekend. Debra and her staff are seasoned professionals and effortlessly took care of every detail. First, they helped make our farm look like a dreamy wedding venue -- the tables were beautifully staged, and they even set up the chairs in a semicircle pattern for the waterfront ceremony. Second, the service was impeccable, including cocktails and butler served appetizers in the barn, sit-down dinner service in the tent, and four fully-stocked bars in two separate venues on the farm. Debra went out of her way to make sure that all our needs were fully met throughout the evening. Finally, EVERYONE RAVED about the food -- from the scallops, shrimp and honey chicken appetizers to the tenderloin and crab cake dinner to the mini cupcakes. The bottom line is do not hesitate to hire Main and Market -- you will not regret it, the are A++++. I am attaching pictures of the venues that Main and Market set up. Have no pictures of the food yet.
    Kelsey Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding Caterer

Everything tasted wonderful and I recieved several complements on the food. The entire staff the day of the wedding entire were great. They answered questions, helped with a couple of special unexpected needs and were gracious to everyone. I would highly recommend Main & Market to anyone. Also everyone loved the wedding cake!!! We barely had any leftovers to enjoy!
  • Jessica
    Jessica B. Married on 06/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great food and great staff!

The women who worked our wedding were so wonderful! They created beautiful displays for the buffet and dessert table and even used decor we forgot we had to make everything look gorgeous! If any questions arose they asked my Maid of Honor very discreetly and ran everything perfectly. The food was amazing and the cupcakes were a complete hit!
  • Kara
    Kara Married on 06/02/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Outstanding wedding caterer! Nanette with main & market!

From the very beginning I absolutely loved Nanette. I tried calling many different caterers for my wedding, but none of them compared to her friendliness and professionalism. She immediately was engaged and wanted to work with me on getting it within our budget. She was personable, kind, and easy to work with from the very beginning.
    During the tasting, she was knowledgable and extremely hospitable. She listened to all our ideas and concerns. She was extremely helpful and offered us many different food options. I felt as if our caterer was also our friendly host and greatly enjoyed our time at Main and Market. The atmosphere was clean, warm, and inviting. Nanette had many great ideas both to save money and what to expect the day of. We had two more tastings before the wedding. One for my husband, who came from Minnesota and the other to clarify what we wanted to add. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely! We went home with full bellies, even though it was just supposed to be samples.
    The day of the wedding, the staff couldn’t have been better! They were all extremely hospitable, hard working, well dressed, and well mannered. My husband asked for ginger ale at least two times at the sweetheart table and it was there in a snap. We still get compliments on how good the food was. We also added an ice cream bar and mini pecan pies a month before the wedding, and they had it there with no problem! My husband, mother, father and I highly recommend this caterer and Main & Market to anyone! They did such a fantastic job and hope to use them again in the future! Meanwhile, we are thoroughly enjoying their restaurant and all there delicious food and hospitality there.

Thank you for sharing!
    We appreciate you taking the time to let us know.
    Best Wishes, The Main & Market Team
  • Emily
    Emily S. Married on 05/17/2019

Fantastic!

Diane was wonderful! She was very flexible with appointment times for our tasting, and accommodating several special requests for our dinner options. She also helped with our rentals and was very responsive, professional, and definitely went the extra mile to make our day great! So many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was, and Diane definitely helped us pick a stellar menu. In addition, Main & Market's bakery baked our wedding cake, which was AMAZING! Best cake I've ever had. My husband's parents also hired M&M for the rehearsal dinner, and mine for the farewell brunch- both were great. Overall we couldn't be happier with Main & Market, and we'll definitely be hiring them again in the future!

Main & Market's reply:

Thank you Emily , we appreciate you taking the time to share! We are so happy we helped make your weekend special. Be sure to visit us on your 1st anniversary so we can bake you a cake to celebrate. Best wishes on your nuptials!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie C. Married on 05/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thank you Nanette (we're your biggest fans)

Where do I begin!? Thank you Nanette!!! We had a Main & Market weekend! Seriously, M&M catered our rehearsal dinner, wedding, wedding afterparty, and send-off brunch. We could not have been happier! Everyone LOVED everything, and we were never once worried about any of it. Nanette is a PRO! The team is kind, generous, and professional! Our guests were blown away and continue to talk about the food and cake :) Thank you so much M&M we are- and continue to be- in awe!
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most complimented vendor at our wedding!

I could not be more thrilled with the wonderful food, professional service and constant support that Main & Market provides for us. From the first tasting, Julie was incredible to work with. We had a clear vision of delicious food, family style was very important to us, and we wanted both rentals and open bar to be provided by our caterer. Main and market and Julie were able to give us absolutely everything we were looking for. All of our guests could not stop raving about how delicious the food was, the professional service, and the family style meal. We even had some major dietary restrictions for a few guests, and Julie was able to accommodate those guests seamlessly. I am so incredibly happy we went through main and market for our food, rentals and open bar. They were able to provide absolutely everything we needed, and we could not be happier with the service we received from start to finish. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so seamless and wonderful, we will never forget it!!!
    Katelyn Married on 04/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Choosing Main & Market to cater our wedding reception was the best decision that we made! About 4 months before our wedding we decided to hire a full-service caterer which was when we contacted M&M. Julie responded almost immediately and drafted a menu based on our vision incorporating hints of Texas and Annapolis to create an ‘Annapolitan style BBQ’. Julie was there for me every step of the way to keep me calm and reassure me that she had everything under control. M&M provided our food, alcohol, cake, service, and rentals (which made my life SO much easier). The food and drinks were incredible and the service was amazing. Do yourself a favor from the beginning and hire M&M to take care of everything. Thank you, Julie! We would not have had our dream wedding without your help and experience!
    Amanda Married on 04/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I struggled to find a bakery that would provide sugar free cupcakes for our wedding. We had 6-10 guests that were diabetic and we wanted them to enjoy themselves and have dessert options. Main & Market saved the day. Nanette invited us in for a personal tasting, provided us with all of the options and was very helpful in the decision making process. In the end we chose six types of mini cupcakes including two sugar free options, four types of mini finger desserts including one sugar free option and a two tier cake for cutting. Everything was delivered correct and on time. Our guests couldn’t wait to start sampling the selection at our wedding. They are still raving about the variety, how delicious everything was and how wonderful our cake looked! I plan to continue to go to Main and Market for all of our dessert needs in the future. I would recommend Main and Market to anyone looking for friendly service, gorgeous desserts but most importantly scrumptious desserts.
    Michael Married on 11/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We worked with Debra Darrow at Main & Market and we had a fabulous experience. She worked out a fantastic menu based on our budget. The tasting session was out of this world. She listened, she was quick to respond, and made sure all of the arrangements were in place. Debra took care of the linens, the seating, chairs, ice, mixers, and everything we did not think of with all of the fine touches throughout. This could have been stressful for us trying to ensure we had everything covered. Debra has been through this so many times she took all of our concerns and walked every detail with us. The best part is all her planning made our dream wedding come true. Food and staff were perfect and Debra was there every step of the way, including our reception where she made sure it was perfect Debra is family now and we are grateful to call her so. We will always highly recommend Debra Darrow and Main & Market as this is a top notch team in a highly competitive market here in Annapolis, Maryland.
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 07/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had Main & Market cater our rehearsal dinner and it was fantastic. They had us in for a tasting of the menu a few months prior so we knew what we would be getting. The food the day of was better than we had remembered. Nanette and her team were so great to work with. Casey, Ellie, and crew made the service even better. Main & Market is the best caterer in Annapolis-hands down.
illustration stars