Main & Market Reviews

Main & Market 7
  • housetyrrell2020

Jacqueline · Getting married on 05/21/2020

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Getting married on 09/24/2019

Main and Market was amazing. In our first meeting, they had prepared an incredible tasting for us. Debra was fantastic to work with from start to finish. All of our guests loved the food. Our venue was a couple hours away from Annapolis and the entire experience was flawless from their team. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Kelsey · Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding Caterer

Everything tasted wonderful and I recieved several complements on the food. The entire staff the day of the wedding entire were great. They answered questions, helped with a couple of special unexpected needs and were gracious to everyone. I would highly recommend Main & Market to anyone. Also everyone loved the wedding cake!!! We barely had any leftovers to enjoy!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Brannock · Married on 06/21/2019

Great food and great staff!

The women who worked our wedding were so wonderful! They created beautiful displays for the buffet and dessert table and even used decor we forgot we had to make everything look gorgeous! If any questions arose they asked my Maid of Honor very discreetly and ran everything perfectly. The food was amazing and the cupcakes were a complete hit!

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Main & Market 8
    Main & Market 9
    Main & Market 10
    Main & Market 11
    Main & Market 12
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 06/02/2019

Outstanding wedding caterer! Nanette with main & market!

From the very beginning I absolutely loved Nanette. I tried calling many different caterers for my wedding, but none of them compared to her friendliness and professionalism. She immediately was engaged and wanted to work with me on getting it within our budget. She was personable, kind, and easy to work with from the very beginning.
    During the tasting, she was knowledgable and extremely hospitable. She listened to all our ideas and concerns. She was extremely helpful and offered us many different food options. I felt as if our caterer was also our friendly host and greatly enjoyed our time at Main and Market. The atmosphere was clean, warm, and inviting. Nanette had many great ideas both to save money and what to expect the day of. We had two more tastings before the wedding. One for my husband, who came from Minnesota and the other to clarify what we wanted to add. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely! We went home with full bellies, even though it was just supposed to be samples.
    The day of the wedding, the staff couldn’t have been better! They were all extremely hospitable, hard working, well dressed, and well mannered. My husband asked for ginger ale at least two times at the sweetheart table and it was there in a snap. We still get compliments on how good the food was. We also added an ice cream bar and mini pecan pies a month before the wedding, and they had it there with no problem! My husband, mother, father and I highly recommend this caterer and Main & Market to anyone! They did such a fantastic job and hope to use them again in the future! Meanwhile, we are thoroughly enjoying their restaurant and all there delicious food and hospitality there.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Main & Market's reply:

Thank you for sharing!
    We appreciate you taking the time to let us know.
    Best Wishes, The Main & Market Team
  • Emily

Emily Schloff · Married on 05/17/2019

Fantastic!

Diane was wonderful! She was very flexible with appointment times for our tasting, and accommodating several special requests for our dinner options. She also helped with our rentals and was very responsive, professional, and definitely went the extra mile to make our day great! So many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was, and Diane definitely helped us pick a stellar menu. In addition, Main & Market's bakery baked our wedding cake, which was AMAZING! Best cake I've ever had. My husband's parents also hired M&M for the rehearsal dinner, and mine for the farewell brunch- both were great. Overall we couldn't be happier with Main & Market, and we'll definitely be hiring them again in the future!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Main & Market's reply:

Thank you Emily , we appreciate you taking the time to share! We are so happy we helped make your weekend special. Be sure to visit us on your 1st anniversary so we can bake you a cake to celebrate. Best wishes on your nuptials!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Chou · Married on 05/10/2019

Thank you Nanette (we're your biggest fans)

Where do I begin!? Thank you Nanette!!! We had a Main & Market weekend! Seriously, M&M catered our rehearsal dinner, wedding, wedding afterparty, and send-off brunch. We could not have been happier! Everyone LOVED everything, and we were never once worried about any of it. Nanette is a PRO! The team is kind, generous, and professional! Our guests were blown away and continue to talk about the food and cake :) Thank you so much M&M we are- and continue to be- in awe!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Main & Market 17
    Main & Market 18
    Main & Market 19

Katelyn · Married on 04/28/2018

Choosing Main & Market to cater our wedding reception was the best decision that we made! About 4 months before our wedding we decided to hire a full-service caterer which was when we contacted M&M. Julie responded almost immediately and drafted a menu based on our vision incorporating hints of Texas and Annapolis to create an ‘Annapolitan style BBQ’. Julie was there for me every step of the way to keep me calm and reassure me that she had everything under control. M&M provided our food, alcohol, cake, service, and rentals (which made my life SO much easier). The food and drinks were incredible and the service was amazing. Do yourself a favor from the beginning and hire M&M to take care of everything. Thank you, Julie! We would not have had our dream wedding without your help and experience!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Main & Market 20
    Main & Market 21
    Main & Market 22

Amanda · Married on 04/20/2018

My husband and I struggled to find a bakery that would provide sugar free cupcakes for our wedding. We had 6-10 guests that were diabetic and we wanted them to enjoy themselves and have dessert options. Main & Market saved the day. Nanette invited us in for a personal tasting, provided us with all of the options and was very helpful in the decision making process. In the end we chose six types of mini cupcakes including two sugar free options, four types of mini finger desserts including one sugar free option and a two tier cake for cutting. Everything was delivered correct and on time. Our guests couldn’t wait to start sampling the selection at our wedding. They are still raving about the variety, how delicious everything was and how wonderful our cake looked! I plan to continue to go to Main and Market for all of our dessert needs in the future. I would recommend Main and Market to anyone looking for friendly service, gorgeous desserts but most importantly scrumptious desserts.

Sent on 05/09/2018
    Main & Market 23
    Main & Market 24
    Main & Market 25
    Main & Market 26
    Main & Market 27

Michael · Married on 11/18/2017

We worked with Debra Darrow at Main & Market and we had a fabulous experience. She worked out a fantastic menu based on our budget. The tasting session was out of this world. She listened, she was quick to respond, and made sure all of the arrangements were in place. Debra took care of the linens, the seating, chairs, ice, mixers, and everything we did not think of with all of the fine touches throughout. This could have been stressful for us trying to ensure we had everything covered. Debra has been through this so many times she took all of our concerns and walked every detail with us. The best part is all her planning made our dream wedding come true. Food and staff were perfect and Debra was there every step of the way, including our reception where she made sure it was perfect Debra is family now and we are grateful to call her so. We will always highly recommend Debra Darrow and Main & Market as this is a top notch team in a highly competitive market here in Annapolis, Maryland.

Sent on 04/02/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 07/08/2017

We had Main & Market cater our rehearsal dinner and it was fantastic. They had us in for a tasting of the menu a few months prior so we knew what we would be getting. The food the day of was better than we had remembered. Nanette and her team were so great to work with. Casey, Ellie, and crew made the service even better. Main & Market is the best caterer in Annapolis-hands down.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Marissa · Married on 06/17/2017

We hired Main & Market for our June 2017 Annapolis waterfront rehearsal dinner and wedding. We worked closely with Debra to plan a menu that fit the casual vibe we were going for. She was fantastic at every step of the way. Her knowledge, organization, and advice during the planning process was fantastic, and made the whole thing feel easy! M & M was very flexible and we felt like we could customize things exactly how we wanted them to be. We even added sheet cakes and a small cutting cake to our order at the last minute after changing our minds about dessert. We did an open bar using their bartenders, and provided our own alcohol, which was not a problem at all. We never felt as though we were being "nickel and dimed" for every last expense, which was refreshing. On the day of the event, the catering staff and bartenders did an awesome job. They were willing to do basically whatever we wanted them to, including setting up and breaking down tables, chairs, etc. The service charge is a significant portion of the bill, but it was worth EVERY PENNY! The food was outstanding, and I received so many compliments afterwards. They really just nailed it on every level and we couldn't be happier with our choice of caterer! Thanks Main & Market!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Rebekah · Married on 05/28/2017

Main & Market (formerly Main Ingredient) was a joy to work with. My husband and I picked them because, in addition to amazing food, the process of renting chairs and everything else was made very easy since we did it all through this company. It probably ended up a little more expensive, but we continue to feel that it was very worth it. Our contact, Nanette Williams, was also a huge factor in how happy we are with Main & Market. She was a coordinator, advocate, problem solver, and just an amazing human being. I am very grateful that she was so instrumental in making our reception wonderful. And not to forget! But frankly, we didn't have a single unhappy encounter with any of the Main & Market staff. They were all professional and took the time to be sure everything was going well. You will be in good hands here.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Taylor · Married on 05/27/2017

Main & Market were wonderful to work with! Debra was so great from start to finish - helping us with our budget, providing recommendations, and answering questions easily. Our first tasting sealed the deal... their food is delicious. They allowed us several tastings to nail down our menu, and our guests ended up loving the food. I have been to a lot of weddings where the servers and bartenders look bored and unhappy - that was not the case here! Our bartenders were dancing to the music and laughing with our guests. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Michele · Married on 05/25/2017

Main and Market catered my daughter's graduation party and the food, service, and planning was beyond spectacular. Nanette assisted in all facets of the event and provided wonderful recommendations. My guests raved about food and the overall event. I wish I could give more than five stars!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Joshua · Married on 12/18/2016

Our coordinator did most of the work with main ingredient but we purchased 100 cupcakes and a small cake topper for our wedding. It was so good!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Allison · Married on 09/25/2016

I cannot praise the Main Ingredient enough. We had the best experience working with them for our wedding. The coordinator we worked with, Nanette, was absolutely phenomenal. She was professional, courteous, and flexible. Nanette had great suggestions for the menu and timing of events and she helped make sure everything was organized on the day of our wedding.

The staff who worked on the day of were also great. Everyone was professional and friendly but also unobtrusive. The lead waiter, Martha, was so thoughtful! She brought a bottle of wine to me and my girls while we were getting ready. She also brought us food while we waited for pictures. And best of all, she made sure we ate dinner. That was key because if she hadn't taken us aside and given us plates we might never have eaten haha. The staff took care of everything and we didn't have to stress about anything. They were awesome.

The food was absolutely delicious, all of our guests raved about the food. And it was still good the next day when we had leftovers. We did cupcakes instead of cake and they were SO GOOD. Everyone enjoyed them. Overall, I would say that the Main Ingredient was worth every penny.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Patricia · Married on 09/25/2016

The Main Ingredient catered my daughter's wedding on September 25, 2016. Our event planner through Main Ingredient, Nanette, was totally amazing. From the first time we met with Nanette to putting the finishing touches on the decorations at the venue, Nanette was a completely supportive professional. The food which Nanette helped us select was excellent . There was a delightful variety of vegetarian, gluten free and slider stations which our guests greatly enjoyed. The service staff and bartenders on Martha's Crew moved around gracefully and were non- intrusive while providing excellent service. The set-up and breakdown was quick and efficient.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Alison · Married on 08/20/2016

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! The whole process was easy, simple, and yummy! :) You couldn't tell the sheet cakes from the real wedding cake either, and it turned out great.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Mary Ann · Married on 04/30/2016

Quality of food was the best. Flexible with our wishes. Would make anything that we requested. Staff at event was professional and responsive to guests desires.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Allie · Married on 09/12/2015

AMAZING food and great service staff!! Jessica King is simply the best person to work with and she is extremely accommodating and flexible. Everyone raved about how great the food was! It was perfect.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Martha · Married on 08/08/2015

Let me begin by saying our daughter's wedding day was perfect from start to finish. Main Ingredient Catering was wonderful to plan and work with. Our initial visit and tasting was done very nicely. The staff was very helpful in planning our menu and linen choices. During the planning months the staff was always very quick to reply to our questions and requests. On the day of the wedding, the staff was very organized and efficient in setting up and serving guests. And, most importantly, the food was presented very beautifully, was delicious, and plentiful. I would highly recommend Main Ingredient Caterers to provide the menu at any event.

Sent on 08/13/2015

Patti · Married on 07/24/2015

The Main Ingredient was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! After choosing a dress & a venue the next most pressing decision is who is going to cater our big day! All of our guests absolutely raved about the food. We were married out on the Chesapeake Bay on a 100 ft chartered yacht...We had butler passed hors d'oeuvres & 2 serving stations. Everything was hot and delicious. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and easy to work with too. I would absolutely recommend The Main Ingredient to anyone who has a catering need!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/20/2015

Main Ingredient provided the wedding cake for our daughter's wedding. From the first introduction, to cake tasting and cake design, Main Ingredient focused on our requirements and wishes and added the background knowledge to guide us through a very important part of the wedding process. The final product was a very beautiful and delicious cake that was enjoyed by all.

Sent on 06/24/2015