Maija Karin Photography Reviews

Maija Karin Photography 6
Maija Karin Photography 7

Sabrina 路 Married on 06/23/2019

Great experience

Maija Karin Photography was our photographer for our engagement photos and wedding on 6/23/19. Aside from the quality of our photographs, our experience with Maija was amazing. During the engagement session, it was a blast to pose for her. She kept the day light and fun. Did I mention the photos turned out amazing!!!! She also sent us cute personalized gift which was above and beyond.
    At the wedding, she was also great with helping plan out the day-of schedule and fitting in the photo sessions without interruption. She was amazing at finding the best locations for backdrops of various photos such as our first look. She and her husband made a great team. They battled wind, rain, and freezing cold for us. We received our photos in a timely manner afterwards. As we flipped through them, we couldn鈥檛 have asked for better photos. They will be something we cherish forever. Thank you Maija for capturing our day. If you are looking for a photograph seriously go with Maija.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Malika Boltaeva 路 Married on 04/28/2019

Couldn't be happier! Thank you:)

The easiest decision of our wedding was made when we decided to hire Maija to capture our day! Her passion, enthusiasm and absolutely stunning photos made the decision a simple one. Knowing that we had Maija taking so much care documenting our wedding day in the amazing way she does really took the pressure off. With her wealth of knowledge, incredible eye for detail and friendly and approachable disposition we had rave reviews both on the day and afterwards from our guests and bridal party. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile. It really felt like we had another friend there with us throughout all of the crazy wedding planning and on the big day. We can't recommend Maija highly enough; going above and beyond, she is the girl you NEED behind the lens.
    Malika and Emanuel

Sent on 06/25/2019

Maija Karin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Malika & Emanuel!! You two were literally a dream to work with! Not only do you have absolute hearts of gold, but you are fun, creative, and beautiful :) I loved every moment I got to work with you two. I wish you both endless happiness, joy, and tons of adventure (which I know you both strive for every day!) Much love, Maija

Courtney Woolston 路 Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing!

Maija was the BEST! She made you feel at ease, was super attentive, gave great direction, and her work was AMAZING. She was so easy to work with and went above and beyond to make your day go smoothly! Her lovely husband even tended to a baby of the wedding party during some of the photos, what a guy!!!!! I would recommend Maija and her amazing skill without hesitation to any looking for a top-notch photographer for to capture their special day. Xoxo

Sent on 03/16/2019

Meredith Bennion 路 Married on 11/17/2018

She Made me Realize what my Groom saw

I will admit it first and foremost - I'm a lousy bride. Not in the Bridezilla sense but in the "I'm really uncomfortable being the center of attention" sense. So imagine my relief when I spoke with Maija the first time. Her compassion, enthusiasm and complete confidence in my ability to rock it was 100% what I needed. Of course I wasn't without hesitations - planning a wedding seems built to expose you to every possible insecurity you have and then add a few on top of it just for kicks. But the day of my wedding came and Maija was there - confident, calm, totally prepared and even more importantly, PATIENT with me. She helped me see what my groom saw. She helped me feel like myself and remember what the heck was going on anyway. She pushed out the noise, from outside (and inside) my head. She also put people in order! I didn't have to worry about coordinating, organizing, playing politics, nothing! All I had to worry about was frostbite... but that's my fault for getting married in tiny heels in mid-November in the mountains :) Maija was also perfect with my husband - he was extremely nervous about being expected to "Act" or be a "Bro" in cheesy pre-posed photos, but Maija was completely on top of it. Even when he couldn't express himself or his concerns clearly she knew what he was worried about and put him at ease. She was able to do this by truly getting to know us ahead of time - she's part photographer and part psychologist. The end result was fantastic pictures - and SO MANY OF THEM. We're STILL going through photos and trying to choose our favorites. My family is stunned at how amazing they all look and I am stunned that she was able to be everywhere at once... I mean seriously, how do you do that? She was invisible but everywhere and she took the most gorgeous, candid, touching photos we could ask for. Maija was the absolute best decision we made once we knew we were getting married. I couldn't ask for more and I will always treasure her work. We will actually be a couple that LOOKS at their wedding photos years from now!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Maija Karin Photography's reply:

Your title alone has me overwhelmed and so thankful in my heart! My goal is ALWAYS to help my couple's see what their loved ones see and I see!! I instantly saw your love for one another and want nothing more than for that to come across in your images! Thank you for your thoughtful and kind words - they mean the world to me!! Blessings, Maija

MacKenzie 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing, perfect, excellent

Maija was such an amazing photographer I could have ever asked to capture our special day. She made everything so easy and fun but also personable. We had so many laughs the entire time taking photos, everything was so comfortable. The photos came out beyond what I could have ever imagined, I look at them almost every week. I have known I've wanted her to be our photographer for years, and she captured every incredible moment from our day. We love Maija, and anyone would be blessed to have her as their photographer.

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Maija Karin Photography 14

Maija Karin Photography's reply:

Aww, Mackenzie and Connor, it was such an honor and a joy to be a part of your special day !! After knowing you Mack for so many years, I was over the moon when you contacting me about shooting your wedding!! It was stunning in every way. You guys are a delight to be in the presence of - you radiate joy. Thank you thank you for inviting me to celebrate with you! xoxo, Maija

Samantha 路 Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Since my first interaction with Maija it was so clear that she really loves what she does and the couples she works with! She took the time to ask all about us, how we met, and our lives together. This was so important to me, because how can you trust someone to capture one of the most important days of your life without knowing who you are and why you鈥檙e there?! We never actually met Maija before our wedding day but felt like we knew her and felt completely comfortable immediately upon meeting her! Neither one of us have ever been particularly comfortable in front of the camera but Maija made it SO easy, and honestly,聽even fun! I would do it again in a heartbeat! Her photos very clearly speak for themselves. Spend just a few minutes looking and you will understand! I was immediately drawn in by the beautiful, natural, candid, and artistic shots she took, so聽I wasn鈥檛 even surprised by the perfection of our photos. Going through them we were immediately brought back to the magic of that day; she captured all the moments that had passed us by too quickly. The smiles and laughs are so real and she captures every emotion so聽beautifully!! I planned my wedding from out of state and was so nervous not being there in person. Maija鈥檚 communication and organization skills made me feel so at ease, and while I stressed about some other vendors,聽I had not a single worry with Maija. I could go on forever about how amazing she is! If you鈥檙e still looking for a photographer,聽stop here!! You will NOT be disappointed. 聽

Sent on 10/22/2018

Maija Karin Photography's reply:

Samantha and Nick, from the top, middle, and bottom of my heart (so all of it!) THANK YOU! First for trusting me, even when you didn't know me, to capture one of the most special and important moments in your lives. I'm so stinking glad I got to be a part of it!! From the sunshine, to the amazing views, to your super fun tribe, to your spectacular love for each other - I loved it all. Your words made me cry happy tears. Always humbled and wish we lived closer, Maija :)

Stacey 路 Married on 08/31/2018

This women is AMAZING!!! As mother of the bride, my day was hectic, but when it came to Maija and the photos there was absolutely no stress from start to finish. She helped my daughter line out the day before hand which helped us stay on schedule with out any confusion. She had a list of photos that the bride wanted typed out and she got them all and then checked with me to make sure nothing was missed. Maija was prepared, professional, so sweet, and available to answer any questions. Maija was impressive through out the day and many of our quests couldn鈥檛 believe how she was able to blend in while catching everything. My goodness have you seen this women鈥檚 photos!!? She is top notch, and such a joy to work with. We are beginning the process of planning our next daughters wedding, and she was the first request. After all she is the best!!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Lauren 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Maija is an amazing photographer and human being! Her confidence and ability to direct people was reassuring and made us feel like we were in good hands. Not only is Maija extremely professional but she is also warm, friendly and easy to work with. She made us feel so comfortable. Of course our photos turned out beautifully and truly captured the magic of our wedding day. She really has that unique eye that can capture a couples relationship on film. We loved having Maija as our wedding photographer and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Maija Karin Photography 15
    Maija Karin Photography 16

Cami 路 Married on 06/09/2018

Worth every single penny鈥

I get it. When planning a wedding, budgeting is a real thing. There are places to cut corners; photography is not one of them. My dear friend was married last year, and I was a bridesmaid. Let me be clear; I HATE having my picture taken. I don鈥檛 like to pose, and I feel awkward in front of the camera. I never feel particularly pretty. Maija was the photographer for my girlfriend鈥檚 wedding. What I remembered was how Maija was approachable, professional, and not intrusive whatsoever (very ninja-like). She made the event fun. Now, here comes the crucial part. When I saw my girlfriend鈥檚 wedding pictures, I was blown away. Maija is a true artist. She captures moments that you don鈥檛 realize are taking place. She captures intimacies, emotions, and the environment in a way that makes you want to hang each picture because it has meaning in a moment that resonates with you on a profound level. Plus, she captures beauty in a humble and genuine way. I LOVED THESE PICTURES! All these reasons are why we chose Maija as our photographer for our wedding day. I don't even know where to begin... What Maija managed to capture in our wedding photos - the moments, the expressions, the emotions, the multi-generations of our families, and the prideful and protective Bruneau-house llama, became the most precious mementos to not only me and my husband, but to our entire family. We were moved, impressed, and in awe of her work. Maija made the experience fun and comfortable. I have opened and reopened the link to our wedding photos a hundred times and am delighted every time. My husband and I are both impressed with her attention to detail from beginning to end: from the wedding gift, to the engraved UBS stick, to her thoughtful cards. We are grateful that we hired Maija to capture our special day and provide us with many moments to come of opportunities to reminisce, laugh, cry, and celebrate our family, friends, and most importantly, our love for each other.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Maija Karin Photography's reply:

Cami and Vic, oh my heart, you are pulling on all the strings! I'm in tears and can't thank you enough for your honoring words. It was truly truly an honor to be a part of your union and celebration. To receive words like yours is overwhelming! Thank you again and again and again!! Blessings, Maija

Savannah 路 Married on 06/02/2018

Maija was simply exceptional! Planning a wedding out of state is always a hard task for anyone to do. Luckily, Maija was there every step of the way with thoughtful input about the wedding process. From her bubbly personality through email to her beyond gorgeous photographs and fast turn-around time, she was everything desired in a photographer. We already have plans to have Maija travel with us to India to shoot vow renewals. Could not be happy with her or her service! Feel confident in knowing you are getting quality images at a great price.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Caitlin 路 Married on 06/02/2018

Maija was amazing and worth every penny. She was so easy to work with throughout the entire process and then blew me away on our wedding day. She was so organized! And out pictures turned out absolutely stunning! She took photos of things I would have missed otherwise! Our wedding photos show us smiling and laughing and none of it is staged, it was just that easy with her! We will be using Maija again for any family photo shoots, even though she does live in a different state!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Taylor 路 Married on 05/12/2018

Maija was just the best. My husband and I weren't super keen on posing and taking photos, but she made everything feel so relaxed that it was easy and enjoyable! She made us laugh and put up with our families, and even got tons of photos of our dogs that we love! At one point it was so warm out that she actually fanned my dress out to cool me down! can't do much better than that! Realistically speaking, I also found her pricing incredibly reasonable for what we got out of the service. And although she gave herself 3 months to finish our photos, they were actually done even quicker! Couldn't be happier to recommend Maija to anyone who wants beautiful photos taken in a fun and relaxing environment.

Her wedding blog from our wedding

Sent on 07/24/2018

Jennilyn 路 Married on 04/08/2018

Choosing a photographer for your daughter鈥檚 wedding is no small task. I was a wedding photographer myself for about 10 years, so I know all too well how important this job is! As a photographer you can imagine that I wanted to hand pick the perfect photographer for her big day. I follow several photographers in the Treasure Valley and Maija was my first pick. From the very first emails and phone conversations Maija did not disappoint. She is extremely sweet, personable, and passionate about capturing the wedding day just as you imagined it. She was easy to work with and the entire experience from the beginning to end was a delight. She cares about the smallest details from the get-go and delivers a stunning product in the end. Her style is simply beautiful and creative. She captured all the emotions of the day perfectly and we were so blessed to have her spend the day with us. I respect her as a fellow photographer and would hire her again, no doubt! Thanks, Maija for the outstanding job you did!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Maija Karin Photography 24
    Maija Karin Photography 25
    Maija Karin Photography 26

Chris 路 Married on 02/03/2018

Maija is outstanding and it is no mistake that all of the reviews here are 5 stars.

We worked with Maija for our engagement photos and our wedding and my wife and I are blown away by her work. Maija was very creative with our sessions and she was great at getting real and candid looking shots even though we are far from experienced in front of the camera. Maija really took the time to get to know us and she was great at listening and filing away small things that we would say. My wife and I put a lot of effort into doing a lot of the decorations in our wedding ourselves and Maija made sure to get really cool shots of the work that we did and she just picked that up from our conversations.

Maija was very prepared with ideas of where and what to shoot, but she was outstanding at going with the flow and getting truly natural photos. We had high winds during our pre-wedding photos and she was fantastic at making it fun and getting photos that look outstanding even if we were about to blow away.

We had a lot of fun working with Maija and we could not be happier with her and we cannot recommend her enough to anyone looking for a great photographer.

Sent on 03/22/2018
    Maija Karin Photography 27
    Maija Karin Photography 28

Amanda 路 Married on 10/07/2017

Maija and her second photographer did such an amazing job on our wedding photos. They felt like there were supposed to be a guest at our wedding and not someone we paid to be there. Since, we had a destination wedding we talked through Skype and phone conversations. From the beginning, Maija was caring and made me feel at ease as a bride. Throughout the planning months she checked in with us to make sure we were following our timeline and also sent us a sweet gift. The minute we met, we felt like we had known her forever. Her great professionalism and humor made it easy to have her be a part of our special day. Maija was very flexible and knew what to say when wedding festivities were stressful. I would recommend Maija to any of my friends.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Emily 路 Married on 09/16/2017

Maija is amazing! There are not adequate words to justly describe her talent. Choosing our wedding photographer was probably the biggest decision we made through the whole process (even more than finding the right dress). You spend almost as much time with your photographer as you do with your beloved, and these are the memories that will hang in your house for a lifetime.

Maija is wonderful to work with! She鈥檚 incredibly organized, and available whenever you need, leading up to the day, and the day of she was able to blend in seamlessly like part of the family. But those traits are just a bonus to the incredible quality of photos she takes. She has that 鈥渋t鈥 factor! She sees things in a way others don鈥檛, and manages to capture light in a way that can鈥檛 be taught.

She is truly marvelous!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Katie 路 Married on 08/26/2017

Maija was amazing to work with. We didn't meet until our wedding day, but having seen her beautiful portfolio and talking with her regularly prior to our big day made me feel at ease. She was great with supplying needed timelines for the day and making sure that we were all on the same page with essential photos for the day.
    Photography of our wedding was one of big importance to us. I see it as being the main memorabilia of our wedding. Maija's work is incredible.聽
    I am BEYOND ECSTATIC to have the photographs that we do of our day. They are so perfect. Maija was made to be a photographer, she has such an eye for it!
    On a side note, Maija captured beautiful photographs of my husband's grandmother with all of us, and just him dancing with her that are priceless now, as shortly after she was diagnosed with advanced cancer and is no longer with us.
    In summary, I would ABSOLUTELY 100000000% recommend Maija to photograph your wedding. Paying slightly less is not worth it. You want to have quality and reliable work, trust me. You've got one shot at having photographs taken of your big day. Maija's photos make you feel like a movie star and put you back to the moment they were being captured. They enable you to relive your day every time you flip through your wedding album.
    Katie and Darcy Murphy

Sent on 03/30/2018

Kelli 路 Married on 08/19/2017

Maija Karen Photography 鈥 No words can express how perfect she made our wedding!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahha I scream with honest excitement every time I think about it. Pictures are EVERYTHING to me! What she doesn鈥檛 know is that we had a photographer and I came across some of her pictures online. I decided why not call. Instant LOVE! She had to be ours! The next time chatting, with of course wine, I was even more excited. Words cannot begin to describe the personal and emotional connection we made. Just look at our wedding photos! Everyone talks about how magical our wedding was and how our photographer truly was able to capture it. My Mom told me it was like we were best friends for years! She can up with photos and captured details that I have seen no other photographer do (I work for a wedding planner as a side job).
    Her added touches are so special. She truly puts her heart and soul into what she does. She is beyond the total package. I don鈥檛 just say these things, I truly mean them. We all fell in love with her and her work. When you get married it is a blur and to be able to look back at pictures and truly relieve it all because of the photos, is more than I thought would ever happen. She captured our love, our emotion, my craziness and my baby girl Bella (My dog) perfectly. She took the things and people we love and made a breathtaking story for us. Ryan and I have already told her she is not leaving our lives and cannot wait to have her capture more events in our lives. She came in as our wedding photographer, but has become so much more to us, our families and our hearts! Without a doubt, Maiji will be the ONLY photographer that I recommend. She will exceed and keep exceeding your expectations. AHHHHHHHHHHHH she is remarkable inside and out!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Donavan 路 Married on 07/29/2017

My wife and I recently used Maija for our wedding day and were extremely happy with the whole process!! We didn't have a wedding planner and to be honest we were probably a little unorganized until we started working with her. She did such a wonderful job with keeping everything moving and keeping it light and fun for our whole bridal party. Did I mention that our party was 22 people!! Yes 22, and Maija took some fantastic pictures with all of us and used her creativity to shoot some really amazing shots of the whole party. The wedding itself had over 350 guests and she was able to capture a photo on the church steps of the whole congregation on the way out. It was a really unique shot that I haven't seen done at to many weddings. Another thing that we really loved about the pictures is that she did a great job of getting photos of almost all of the guests at the reception. A lot of our guests traveled from all over and are people we don't get to see all of the time, so this was really special to us. Overall we were extremely happy with the final product and had a great time working with her. Thanks for making our day so special Maija!!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Thuy & Eric 路 Married on 07/08/2017

Great experience: from meeting her, to planning, to day of, Maija made the process very easy and fun! Photos came out awesome! We made a special request for a photobooth, which she was able to accommodate. You won't be disappointed with her service!

Sent on 10/23/2017

HILLARY 路 Married on 06/17/2017

We loved having Maija shoot our wedding! I'm pretty awkward in front of a camera and she did a good job making me feel comfortable. Every time we look back at our pictures we can't help but smile - it was such a special day for us and she captured all the emotion and beauty so well. Also, our photos were almost entirely under tree cover and in dappled shade. While a less skilled photographer might have a hard time handling that weird quality of light, she ended up making everything look as magical as it was. Just look at our photos!

She's also super organized! Her planning documents really helped us start thinking about timelines, etc, and what was doable. We ended up getting a wedding coordinator about two months before the wedding and she did a wonderful job working with the wedding planner and weaving in our prior plans to make sure everything went smoothly. During the wedding she was super professional.

If we were to do it all over again, we'd pick Maija again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Maija Karin Photography 29
    Maija Karin Photography 30
    Maija Karin Photography 31
    Maija Karin Photography 32

Heather 路 Married on 06/03/2017

I can鈥檛 rave about Maija enough. She is a delight to work with and a phenomenal photographer. Maija鈥檚 photography beautifully highlights the love, fun, and uniqueness of our wedding day and our family and friends. She felt like one of the gang as she spent the day with us, and I love that her photos capture the fun and personalities of everyone involved. Every time we look at the photos we are transported back to the sheer joy of our wedding day. Maija鈥檚 photos capture the sheer happiness, love, and companionship between my new husband and me and the support and friendship of our friends and family, and I recommend her unhesitatingly.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Athena 路 Married on 12/30/2016

Maija did such an amazing job! We couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out! I highly recommend her for your future wedding!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Lindsay 路 Married on 12/15/2016

Maija was an absolute joy to work with! Going into the session, my husband had just fractured his collar bone and I had a broken zipper on my dress, and we wanted to take pictures in the freezing snow. Maija handled it all like a true professional. She made us relax and laugh and positioned us in all sorts of angles. When we received the pictures, they took our breath away! You would never know that we had had any issues. And the snowy backgrounds that she chose and drove us to were gorgeous! I am so grateful that we were able to have someone so flexible, professional and talented take our wedding photos.

Sent on 01/12/2017