68 Reviews for Maija Karin Photography

Second Shooter (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)
Prints (1)

Maija was simply exceptional! Planning a wedding out of state is always a hard task for anyone to do. Luckily, Maija was there every step of the way with thoughtful input about the wedding process. From her bubbly personality through email to her beyond gorgeous photographs and fast turn-around time, she was everything desired in a photographer. We already have plans to have Maija travel with us to India to shoot vow renewals. Could not be happy with her or her service! Feel confident in knowing you are getting quality images at a great price.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Savannah, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

Maija was just the best. My husband and I weren't super keen on posing and taking photos, but she made everything feel so relaxed that it was easy and enjoyable! She made us laugh and put up with our families, and even got tons of photos of our dogs that we love! At one point it was so warm out that she actually fanned my dress out to cool me down! can't do much better than that! Realistically speaking, I also found her pricing incredibly reasonable for what we got out of the service. And although she gave herself 3 months to finish our photos, they were actually done even quicker! Couldn't be happier to recommend Maija to anyone who wants beautiful photos taken in a fun and relaxing environment.

Her wedding blog from our wedding

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing a photographer for your daughter’s wedding is no small task. I was a wedding photographer myself for about 10 years, so I know all too well how important this job is! As a photographer you can imagine that I wanted to hand pick the perfect photographer for her big day. I follow several photographers in the Treasure Valley and Maija was my first pick. From the very first emails and phone conversations Maija did not disappoint. She is extremely sweet, personable, and passionate about capturing the wedding day just as you imagined it. She was easy to work with and the entire experience from the beginning to end was a delight. She cares about the smallest details from the get-go and delivers a stunning product in the end. Her style is simply beautiful and creative. She captured all the emotions of the day perfectly and we were so blessed to have her spend the day with us. I respect her as a fellow photographer and would hire her again, no doubt! Thanks, Maija for the outstanding job you did!

Photos
Profile Picture Jennilyn , 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija is outstanding and it is no mistake that all of the reviews here are 5 stars.

We worked with Maija for our engagement photos and our wedding and my wife and I are blown away by her work. Maija was very creative with our sessions and she was great at getting real and candid looking shots even though we are far from experienced in front of the camera. Maija really took the time to get to know us and she was great at listening and filing away small things that we would say. My wife and I put a lot of effort into doing a lot of the decorations in our wedding ourselves and Maija made sure to get really cool shots of the work that we did and she just picked that up from our conversations.

Maija was very prepared with ideas of where and what to shoot, but she was outstanding at going with the flow and getting truly natural photos. We had high winds during our pre-wedding photos and she was fantastic at making it fun and getting photos that look outstanding even if we were about to blow away.

We had a lot of fun working with Maija and we could not be happier with her and we cannot recommend her enough to anyone looking for a great photographer.

Profile Picture Chris, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija and her second photographer did such an amazing job on our wedding photos. They felt like there were supposed to be a guest at our wedding and not someone we paid to be there. Since, we had a destination wedding we talked through Skype and phone conversations. From the beginning, Maija was caring and made me feel at ease as a bride. Throughout the planning months she checked in with us to make sure we were following our timeline and also sent us a sweet gift. The minute we met, we felt like we had known her forever. Her great professionalism and humor made it easy to have her be a part of our special day. Maija was very flexible and knew what to say when wedding festivities were stressful. I would recommend Maija to any of my friends.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija is amazing! There are not adequate words to justly describe her talent. Choosing our wedding photographer was probably the biggest decision we made through the whole process (even more than finding the right dress). You spend almost as much time with your photographer as you do with your beloved, and these are the memories that will hang in your house for a lifetime.

Maija is wonderful to work with! She’s incredibly organized, and available whenever you need, leading up to the day, and the day of she was able to blend in seamlessly like part of the family. But those traits are just a bonus to the incredible quality of photos she takes. She has that “it” factor! She sees things in a way others don’t, and manages to capture light in a way that can’t be taught.

She is truly marvelous!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija was amazing to work with. We didn't meet until our wedding day, but having seen her beautiful portfolio and talking with her regularly prior to our big day made me feel at ease. She was great with supplying needed timelines for the day and making sure that we were all on the same page with essential photos for the day.
Photography of our wedding was one of big importance to us. I see it as being the main memorabilia of our wedding. Maija's work is incredible.
I am BEYOND ECSTATIC to have the photographs that we do of our day. They are so perfect. Maija was made to be a photographer, she has such an eye for it!
On a side note, Maija captured beautiful photographs of my husband's grandmother with all of us, and just him dancing with her that are priceless now, as shortly after she was diagnosed with advanced cancer and is no longer with us.
In summary, I would ABSOLUTELY 100000000% recommend Maija to photograph your wedding. Paying slightly less is not worth it. You want to have quality and reliable work, trust me. You've got one shot at having photographs taken of your big day. Maija's photos make you feel like a movie star and put you back to the moment they were being captured. They enable you to relive your day every time you flip through your wedding album.
Katie and Darcy Murphy

Profile Picture Katie, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija Karen Photography – No words can express how perfect she made our wedding!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahha I scream with honest excitement every time I think about it. Pictures are EVERYTHING to me! What she doesn’t know is that we had a photographer and I came across some of her pictures online. I decided why not call. Instant LOVE! She had to be ours! The next time chatting, with of course wine, I was even more excited. Words cannot begin to describe the personal and emotional connection we made. Just look at our wedding photos! Everyone talks about how magical our wedding was and how our photographer truly was able to capture it. My Mom told me it was like we were best friends for years! She can up with photos and captured details that I have seen no other photographer do (I work for a wedding planner as a side job).
Her added touches are so special. She truly puts her heart and soul into what she does. She is beyond the total package. I don’t just say these things, I truly mean them. We all fell in love with her and her work. When you get married it is a blur and to be able to look back at pictures and truly relieve it all because of the photos, is more than I thought would ever happen. She captured our love, our emotion, my craziness and my baby girl Bella (My dog) perfectly. She took the things and people we love and made a breathtaking story for us. Ryan and I have already told her she is not leaving our lives and cannot wait to have her capture more events in our lives. She came in as our wedding photographer, but has become so much more to us, our families and our hearts! Without a doubt, Maiji will be the ONLY photographer that I recommend. She will exceed and keep exceeding your expectations. AHHHHHHHHHHHH she is remarkable inside and out!

Profile Picture Kelli, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I recently used Maija for our wedding day and were extremely happy with the whole process!! We didn't have a wedding planner and to be honest we were probably a little unorganized until we started working with her. She did such a wonderful job with keeping everything moving and keeping it light and fun for our whole bridal party. Did I mention that our party was 22 people!! Yes 22, and Maija took some fantastic pictures with all of us and used her creativity to shoot some really amazing shots of the whole party. The wedding itself had over 350 guests and she was able to capture a photo on the church steps of the whole congregation on the way out. It was a really unique shot that I haven't seen done at to many weddings. Another thing that we really loved about the pictures is that she did a great job of getting photos of almost all of the guests at the reception. A lot of our guests traveled from all over and are people we don't get to see all of the time, so this was really special to us. Overall we were extremely happy with the final product and had a great time working with her. Thanks for making our day so special Maija!!

Profile Picture Donavan, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great experience: from meeting her, to planning, to day of, Maija made the process very easy and fun! Photos came out awesome! We made a special request for a photobooth, which she was able to accommodate. You won't be disappointed with her service!

Profile Picture Thuy & Eric, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved having Maija shoot our wedding! I'm pretty awkward in front of a camera and she did a good job making me feel comfortable. Every time we look back at our pictures we can't help but smile - it was such a special day for us and she captured all the emotion and beauty so well. Also, our photos were almost entirely under tree cover and in dappled shade. While a less skilled photographer might have a hard time handling that weird quality of light, she ended up making everything look as magical as it was. Just look at our photos!

She's also super organized! Her planning documents really helped us start thinking about timelines, etc, and what was doable. We ended up getting a wedding coordinator about two months before the wedding and she did a wonderful job working with the wedding planner and weaving in our prior plans to make sure everything went smoothly. During the wedding she was super professional.

If we were to do it all over again, we'd pick Maija again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture HILLARY, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can’t rave about Maija enough. She is a delight to work with and a phenomenal photographer. Maija’s photography beautifully highlights the love, fun, and uniqueness of our wedding day and our family and friends. She felt like one of the gang as she spent the day with us, and I love that her photos capture the fun and personalities of everyone involved. Every time we look at the photos we are transported back to the sheer joy of our wedding day. Maija’s photos capture the sheer happiness, love, and companionship between my new husband and me and the support and friendship of our friends and family, and I recommend her unhesitatingly.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Maija did such an amazing job! We couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out! I highly recommend her for your future wedding!

Profile Picture Athena, 12/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija was an absolute joy to work with! Going into the session, my husband had just fractured his collar bone and I had a broken zipper on my dress, and we wanted to take pictures in the freezing snow. Maija handled it all like a true professional. She made us relax and laugh and positioned us in all sorts of angles. When we received the pictures, they took our breath away! You would never know that we had had any issues. And the snowy backgrounds that she chose and drove us to were gorgeous! I am so grateful that we were able to have someone so flexible, professional and talented take our wedding photos.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 12/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Make sure that you have a lot of time to review your photos after the wedding because you will have a hard time narrowing down your favorites as Maija has a true gift and every photo turned out wonderful. She was responsive and flexible, and such a delight to have by our side on our special day.

Profile Picture User5643864, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Maija was extremely friendly and professional throughout the entire process from scheduling, to the day of the wedding, to receiving the final photographs. During the photoshoot, Maija guided us through poses and helped ease our nerves in front of the camera. At the same time, she kept it light and fun, and was a joy to work with. When we received our photos we were blown away by the quality of the beautiful images. Maija was able to capture all the important moments of the evening while also getting wonderful candid photos of our family. Thank you so much Maiji for capturing our perfect day so wonderfully! We’ll be enjoying these photos for years to come.

Profile Picture David, 8/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija was incredible for our wedding. She not only helped us get organized prior to the big day, but also made sure to capture every moment of our special day! She was fun and easy to work with. Her photos were AMAZING, with a great mixture of fun/silly/serious/romantic photos. She was super flexible and artistic with each photograph. Thank you again Maija for your AWESOME work, we are so thankful that we have hundreds of beautiful photos to re-live our big day :)

Profile Picture Rici, 8/6/16, 1 Review

Where do I begin?!

Maija did an amazing job capturing every aspect of our wedding day. I can't stop looking at all of the pictures! She arrived on time and stayed for our whole wedding day. She was so friendly and I am still receiving compliments on how great our wedding photos look. I would definitely recommend Maija if you are looking for a fun, creative and unique photographer!

Thank you so much Maija for the beautiful pictures you have given my family that we will be able to cherish forever!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Maija did such an amazing job! She is fun, and super personable! I couldn't have imagined more beautiful photos for my wedding! She also did my engagement shoot! She scouted the perfect location we had described to her!! Thank you for everything Maija!! -Sam and Dan

Profile Picture samantha, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Maija was an incredible photographer. I was satisfied with the numerous photos she captured, especially the candid photos! She had a great sense of humor and easy going attitude, which made it very easy to work with her. I have already recommended her to a few friends!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maija was amazing my husband and I were really nervous because in our opinions we have never been photogenic but we really wanted professional pictures for the wedding so we hoped we could get at least 1 good picture of us. Maija came and started taking pictures she had us doing things to help us relax and enjoy taking the pictures, if there was something she thought we were doing wrong she gave us good instruction on how to improve, and we loved our pictures. All of them. We were impressed because we had attended a wedding a two weeks before and the photographers were late everyone was trying to get a hold of them and no one knew where they were. Maija showed up early and was ready to have us get in a group to take pictures. The reason we chose Maija was because she has a talent with group shots and we loved how they looked but I found that she does really good shots with just the couple too. I would get Maija for every wedding in my family because she is professional, gives great instruction, takes good photos and is worth every penny.

Profile Picture Dennae, 8/21/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, One Event/Day

Maija was absolutely amazing to work with! We couldn't have chosen a better photograper for our wedding!

Profile Picture User5629364, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day

Maija and her secondary photographer did a phenomenal job with our wedding photos! We knew the day itself would be a blur, so the memories captured in photograph were SO important to us when we booked Maija. Aside from doing a fabulous job at providing us with a variety of photos that captured us and our wedding day, Maija and her colleague dissolved into the background when events were happening and were enormous fun when we were taking individual and family photos. She even got a couple highlights to us early because we took "thank you" shots at the reception. Highly recommended, and well worth the money! My only disappointment is that we don't live in the area to hire her in the future! ;)

Profile Picture Cassie, 6/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Maija was an absolutely wonderful photographer! She was so easy to work with and very responsive when I had any questions leading up to my wedding day. On the morning of my wedding, her assistant photographer was late because she was feeling ill and Maija really stepped up her game. She said it was the very first time she had ever had her assistant not show, but she did such a good job of walking back and forth between the bridal party and grooms party during the prep time. Looking at the final pictures I couldn’t even tell that she was missing her assistant! (Her assistant did eventually show up later in the day.) During the wedding, Maija was so helpful and patient. She reminded me throughout the wedding day of certain photos I wanted to take off my shot list and she pulled my husband and me aside when necessary. She took such beautiful, extensive shots and yet wasn't at all invasive during the ceremony and reception. She was also appropriately assertive on the dance floor, so she could capture every important moment! I absolutely love the final results – my wedding photography is absolutely breathtaking and I can’t wait to get some of them printed out to put on my wall! The hard part now is choosing which ones because they are all so gorgeous! I’m also very much looking forward to receiving the coffee table wedding book Maija is making for us. If her previous work is of any indication, the book will be phenomenal! Thanks Maija for capturing our special day so we can remember it forever!

Profile Picture Elise, 6/6/15, 1 Review