Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning Reviews

79 | Jacksonville, FL

79 Reviews for Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing from start to finish

We were unable to do a tasting prior to the wedding and we were crossing our fingers that everything would go smoothly and be delicious. Our expectations were exceeded and the food was seriously AMAZING! The attentiveness of the servers made us feel so special. Ericka went above and beyond and we can’t say thank you enough for such a successful night from appetizers all the way through dessert.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for allowing Mai Oui! to be a part of your wedding. Ericka and her team loved working with you. Our best wishes in this next chapter of your lives. Karen Bassahm
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 09/29/2018

Wonderful food & service

Mai Oui did such a fantastic job during our wedding at the Jacksonville Main Library! From the beginning, the communication with Karen was open and clear and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. There is a charge for the tasting, but it is waived upon booking with them. The food both at the tasting and the actual wedding was wonderful! Staff who passed out appetizers recognized the need to ensure they were offered to guests far away from where they were coming from. During dinner, the staff was very attentive to our needs and the needs of our families. Karen and her staff were also excited to be able to accommodate a custom dessert bar (halo-halo bar, traditional Filipino dessert-- my husband and I provided all the ingredients and Karen even made a mock setup for us to ensure it was exactly how we wanted it. They were able to set it up and execute and it was a huge hit! Overall, we would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Laura Hughes · Married on 09/15/2018

Best Experience Ever! Every second of it! Beyond Thankful to have them for our big day!

The best experience EVER! Karen and the staff at Man Oui! are beyond exceptional! They are so friendly, kind and professional. They go above and beyond in every detail. They accommodate your every need and then some! I haven't even mentioned the food yet!!! THE FOOD is the best and most delicious food I have ever had in my life! I'm not exaggerating when I say this either. All my wedding guests raved about everything! it was the highlight of a lot of my guests evening! Im still hearing about the amazing food months later! I wish I could have another wedding and have it catered again by them! You can not go wrong with Mai Oui! I love everything about this company. I could go on and on, but I really just want to thank them a million times for everything !! XOXO

Sent on 10/24/2018

Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning's reply:

You are so sweet and kind!!! It was such a pleasure working with you and Sean. We wish you much happiness. Thank you again for allowing us to be there. Karen

Hannah · Married on 07/07/2018

My experience with Mai Oui was amazing from start to finish. Having to plan my wedding remotely, in Sydney, Australia, seemed daunting at first but Karen accommodated my calls at times that worked with the time zone difference and put me at ease. She’s incredibly knowledgeable about the menus and what works well for weddings. She also had extensive knowledge of the reception venue, which I hadn’t seen, so I relied heavily on her for set up ideas and table placement. I would highly recommend Mai Oui For any kind of event you need catering for.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you...You made my job easy...Our best wishes to you and William

Mary · Married on 05/26/2018

Karen and her team were INCREDIBLE! As a catering service, they definitely go above and beyond. Every single thing about their service was top notch and I felt like they had us in mind every step of the way. Also the food was so delicious. My guests told me it was the most unique, but also most tasty wedding food they have ever had. Usually wedding food is bland, maybe dry, regular food that anyone can eat. This felt like a gourmet dinner by the seaside, filled with flavor and distinctive taste. I also loved the bamboo cutlery and plating they provided, eco friendly and really good looking. Thank you so much Mai Oui!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Mary...It was our pleasure to work with you. Our best wishes

Taylor · Married on 12/16/2016

We were married at The Treasury on the Plaza 12/16/16. Karen was beyond amazing working with our budget to create a menu and finding experience that reflected us as a couple and our favorite foods. Freda was a beyond amazing Day of coordinator- she worked with us consecutively for the first few weeks prior, helping us with every step and making sure all of our vendors were communicated with and accounted for! Freda was a calming and supportive presence for everything, she has such knowledges and understanding and Karen and Freda have such a great rapport with our venue and all vendors! -needless to say it was an amazing creative experience and you are working with talented, knowledgeable, gracious and bride focused people, that truly get pleasure from having your day go perfectly this is not just a job for them it's a lifestyle.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you...You and Jon made it easy for us...You are an amazing couple and we wish you much happiness in this next chapter of your lives.

Mai Oui not only provides delicious meals but helps you make it totally personal and they are so flexible and accommodating. The most helpful of all my vendors!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you...it was such a joy to work with you...Best Wishes

Barbara · Married on 11/05/2016

Working with Karen and Mai Oui! was a terrific experience from beginning to end. Karen was so helpful and the menu choices were outstanding - hard to pick (but she helped guide me into some delicious choices). Her attention to detail is amazing, not only was the food delicious, but displayed so beautifully. I got so many comments from my guests on the food and how much they loved it. If you get to choose your own caterer, Mai Oui! is worth it - I couldn't have been happier. She also helped with other details like chairs being set up on the beach and the bartender. We had a take away box at the end and some leftovers to come home and eat after the honeymoon. Thank you Karen and all of your staff!!!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Louisa · Married on 11/04/2016

Very attentive to detail. Easy and enjoyable to work with!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

Mai Oui! had great food, especially the appetizers which my guests loved. The fried mac and cheese poppers went so fast and they would not stop talking about them! I also thought the service was great, even though as the bride I was so busy I hardly noticed the servers and somehow everything managed to be where it needed to be and at the right time.

Perfect pour managed our bar and Alicia was incredible with helping us (being patient with us) and delivered an exceptional night of bar service and our signature drink.

In addition to the food, perhaps the most rave worthy part of my night was the superb wedding day coordinating of Karen Bassham and her partner Freda. Karen was so thorough in following up with me, my family, and my vendors. She truly made the wedding come together as I dreamed. She was always so prompt in responding and gave great advice. She was also incredibly organized and thought of and paid attention to details I was oblivious to. But the best part was on the day of the wedding, I did not have to worry about a single thing because I completely trusted Karen and Freda to keep the day and night on track. They truly went above and beyond everything I was expecting from a day of coordinator and I don't have a single negative comment to make. I will refer and praise these ladies to everyone!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Lydia · Married on 07/02/2016

I absolutely recommend Mai Oui! Gourmet for all of your catering needs. Karen and team catered my wedding reception at River House and their food and service blew me away. From the beginning the staff at Mai Oui! was very responsive and accommodating. Their menu options were fabulous and tasted amazing! We had some "surprise" last minute options added to the menu and the team was very flexible and happy to meet all of our needs. Karen made sure that my husband and I got a plate of all of our favorite foods and looked after us along with our "day of" event coordinator. The Mac and Cheese food station was something all of our guests kept talking about as well as the ice sculpture that served cocktail shrimp. From the crab cakes, to the coconut shrimp, prime rib, mahi, and everything else....it was all PHENOMENAL and I am SO happy we went with Mai Oui for our catering needs. Karen also ensured that her decor and layout for the food went with what our florist was providing so that everything looked amazing together- it really did. I hope in the near future I have some other exciting event that occurs where I can have Mai Oui! cater. Thanks so much Karen and Mai Oui! Gourmet, you left my husband and I -and all of our guests- very impressed with your service and very full and satisfied with your gourmet food!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Alexandra · Married on 05/01/2016

Very sweet and professional staff who really go above and beyond to make sure your day is as special as possible and are great working with even a tight budget. Definitely recommend this catering company

Sent on 12/29/2015

Lindsey · Married on 04/09/2016

Mai Oui! Gourmet was so delicious! We had them cater our wedding and we received so many comments about how great the food was. Karen was a delight to work with and organized a wonderful tasting for us. All of the food was so good! They were very flexible with changes we had leading up to the wedding and the service was amazing! I would recommend checking out Mai Oui! for your wedding!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Chauntel · Married on 11/28/2015

Delicious!! Ruth and Karen blew it out of the water. This company is topnotch, Ruth was super responsive and helped me every single step of the way. The food and presentation was impeccable. My only regret is not hiring them as day of coordinators as well. Thank you Mai Oui, thank you Ruth, and thank you Karen.

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • F

Fatima · Married on 05/24/2015

Mai Oui! Gourmet went above and beyond expectations for our wedding. Not only was Karen an absolute joy to work with, but on the big day, her staff were so friendly and helpful and we got nothing but compliments from the guests about the food and service. My husband and I came into her office without a clue in the world of what kind of food we wanted but she helped us craft a unique menu that infused the Indian, Japanese, and American cultures of our families and the food was nothing short of amazing. Karen was so attentive to our needs and she even helped me with some day-of coordination! She made sure the bride and groom had their food first, their glasses were never empty, and she stuck to the timeline of the night while keeping a smile on her face the entire time. Her staff did a great job with set up and clean up...and even took a photo in our photobooth and signed our photo-guest book which I LOVED! 5 stars all around for this catering company!!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Julie · Married on 05/09/2015

Mai Oui Catering was a wonderful experience. Their food was delicious and I have been told a number of times that the food was the best ever!! What I loved was working with Karen! She is creative, responsive and paid attention to every detail . For the mother of the bride, this was invaluable. Her price was very competitive, but she enhanced the delivery of her services with the number of servers, the delicious quality of her menu, the smooth operation of the entire evening. It can only be described as priceless!! Thank you Karen and Mai Oui Catering for being such a wonderful partner on what was one of the biggest event in my life.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Kristy · Married on 04/25/2015

Mai Oui and Karen did an amazing job for our April wedding. We really wanted our passed appetizers to be inspired by a place my husband and I lived, and Karen could not have been more accommodating!! The food was INCREDIBLE! We could not be happier with the final product or how organize Karen and her team was. I would highly recommend Mai Oui to any bride!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Ron · Married on 04/18/2015

Karen is the best!! Thank you Mai Oui!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Mai Oui! Catering and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Ron...You and Ann are a beautiful couple and we were so happy to be a part of your wedding day. Our best wishes for this next chapter of your lives.

Jenna · Married on 02/27/2015

The quality of food and service exceeded our expectations and all of our wedding guests raved about the food! Karen provided excellent planning services and her attention to detail made everything turn out better than we could have asked for! I highly recommend Mai Oui to any bride!

Sent on 03/29/2015

We used Mai Oui! for our wedding in November on Amelia Island and we could not have been happier! From the first phone call with Karen, I knew we were going to be in good hands. She immediately asked about our favorite foods and created a wedding reception menu that was exactly what we were hoping for. Throughout the planning process, Karen was extremely responsive and a genuine pleasure to work with. Our guests could not stop raving about the food - we went with shrimp and grits, grilled cheese bar, antipasto and late night sliders. I highly recommend Karen and her team for any event and wedding you're planning in the area. She will work hard and take personal pride in your event and you won't be disappointed. Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Laura · Married on 09/21/2014

Karen was very professional yet caring and great with suggestions. We found her services were spot on and I have no complaints as a matter of fact I would not only use her again but recommend her to anyone who is in need of a caterer. All of her staff were very nice and accommodating. She has been in business for years and trust me in this day and age if she were not good at what she does then she would not have a good reputation. My daughter was undecided on a lot of things but Karen eased her stress and everything was lovely and exactly what we wanted. Thank you, Karen, for a job well done.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Karen · Married on 08/16/2014

Great experience working with Karen and her staff.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Hanna · Married on 08/16/2014

Karen and her team made our wedding day perfect! Just what I had dreamed of and more! Thanks for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/02/2014

Karen and her staff were amazing beyond words!!!!! Karen has this warm demeanor that makes her so easy to work with and that sets your nerves at ease! The service was impeccable but the food was EVEN BETTER! All of our friends and family are still talking about how wonderful our wedding was and how incredible the food was! I have already had several guest inquire about Mai Oui's contact information for events they are hosting. We would highly recommend Mai Oui Gourmet to anyone for any event! Our wedding was magical and we are so grateful!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/28/2014

We had so many wonderful comments about our food from friends and family! The service was excellent!! Ms. Julie made sure our drinks were full at all times and even followed us while taking pictures to help hold up my dress- she was amazing. Brad and I loved Karen and her awesome team!! Karen was a huge help from start to finish while creating our menu and organizing our special day. We couldn't recommend this catering company enough to anyone planning an event!! Thanks Mai Oui :)

Sent on 07/05/2014