Mahaffey Event & Tent Rentals Reviews

33 | Memphis, TN

33 Reviews for Mahaffey Event & Tent Rentals

Sheril · Married on 03/05/2018

Mahaffey is always there to help me and my clients with everything we need! Are events are spectacular because of the beautiful rentals that add to every party or wedding! Joanna and Carl are always available! The staff who deliver the products are professional and work hard to get the job done in a timely manner. Shindig by Sheril has Mahaffey on speed dial for all my event needs!

Liz · Married on 01/27/2018

Working with Chelsea and Jacklyn was a dream. Even though we just needed chairs for our wedding service and reception, I knew that the Mahaffey team was ready and willing to help us with whatever we needed. The value was great, and having a great team to call on made the experience even better.

The team who did setup and pickup was courteous and responsive, and the white padded chairs added a much needed finishing touch to our wedding!

Jesica · Married on 10/21/2017

Joanna and everyone at Mahaffey were incredible to work with! They had such an amazing selection and worked with us to ensure we stayed within our budget. We had an outdoor wedding ceremony and reception at a family property rather than a true wedding venue, and Mahaffey was able to turn it into THE MOST beautiful setting. So many out of town guests were asking how we found the venue because everything was so professionally done! Joanna even did a site visit a few months before the wedding to make sure the set-up we were planning was appropriate. I would highly recommend using Mahaffey for any event!

Mary · Married on 06/10/2017

They provided a great service. With their suggestion and quality of items, our wedding looked as great as we had envisioned.

Shane · Married on 12/31/2016

I have worked with Julie numerous times this year, and each experience has been great. I think even more important than getting everything 100% all of the time, is finding an agreeable solution to any problem that might arise. Julie and her coworkers (Chelsea, Kristy, et al.) have consistently gone out of their way to accommodate, even when it's not their mistake to cover.

Brittany · Married on 11/12/2016

I loved working with Julie Phillips throughout my wedding planning experience. She made the selection process easy and gave me several options of different items to choose from. The price was great & I'd recommend this company to my friends & family!

I used this company through my venue and they were awesome. I went on a Saturday morning with my venue wedding planner to pick out my linens and chairs and we had the best time. Never once did I feel like I was being rushed to make a selection (even though it was a Saturday and they close early) and Haley was extra helpful in making suggestions that we had not even thought about. My mom and I both left feeling like we were the only customer she had that day. Once I got to my reception and saw all of the beautiful rentals, I knew that my wedding planner had picked the right vendor for all of my rental needs. I will be using Mahaffey for my personal rentals now!

Katherine · Married on 06/14/2014

We LOVE working with Mahaffey! We have used them on many different occasions for our wedding clients and Mahaffey has always delivered quality service and product. Their rentals are fantastic and their customer service is very responsive and helpful! Bella Baxter Events highly recommends Mahaffey Tents and Party Rentals!

Jaime · Married on 06/07/2014

I have worked with Mahaffey for the past five years and I have been very please with their level of service at all of our events. Their staff is friendly, their products are great, our representative Angela Watson, goes above and beyond for us all the time and I wouldn't want to do an event without them! They are one of the best in rentals and tents in the Mid-South! Thank you Mahaffey for being part of TEAM! Jaime Newsom, Social Butterflies, LLC

jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

We loved using Mahaffey Rentals for a recent high school graduation party that we coordinated. When arriving at the venue, all table and chairs were in excellent working condition and everything was great! All table linens were exactly what we had wanted and expected for this party. After the party was over, the tables were picked up on time and the staff was very easy to work with! We really couldn't ask for a better event rental company to work with. Very respectful and professional. Thanks so much Mahaffey!
    Ashlye McCormick Design

Lisa · Married on 05/17/2014

I would like to thank Mahaffey Tent and Party Rentals for their expertise, precision, and customer service. As a wedding planner I cannot tell you how many times they have saved the day with their over the top customer service. They make my job a ton easier by being available even down to the last minute of the event. I was over a wedding at a Memphis location when the bride decided she wanted more bistro tables, that the facility already had, but they didn't have linens. Mahaffey was setting up and offered to drive back to the warehouse, pick up tablecloths and bring them back to the facility. It is things like this that make them my number one rental company, by making every bride's dream come true. Thank you Mahaffey Employees!!!!

Anna Katherine · Married on 03/29/2014

Planning a wedding is a much larger undertaking than most can really understand before they sit down and begin the planning process. As someone is the Hotel, Restaurant, Tourism industry not only did I have an understanding of EXACTLY how much work goes into pulling off these kinds of events and how CRUCIAL an AMAZING rentals/events team is for making the magic of a wedding day come together without the fuss, but I have EXTREMELY high expectations as well.

Angela and Mahaffey Tent were the perfect wedding soldiers! Angela and her sweet team not only listened intently to craft the look that I wanted without busting our budget, but every single person you speak to in the office or warehouse is always professional with that personal touch!

Thanks to Mahaffey Tent our special day was PERFECT, from start to finish!

Natalie · Married on 10/12/2013

Mahaffey provided rentals for my big day and did an absolutely incredible job! Not only was my order correct and perfect but the team at Mahaffey allowed me to feel comfortable & at ease throughout the entire process. If you are needing any type of rentals for your big day or upcoming event you can trust Mahaffey and know that you are in good hands.

• Karlescia & Wesley

Karlescia & Wesley · Married on 06/29/2013

Mahaffey Tent & Party Rentals is the best! No matter the time of day, someone is always available. Taylor was extremely friendly, helpful, and made sure we got a great deal on the items we rented from them. The items we rented from Mahaffey helped make our day special.

Toni Williams · Married on 06/01/2013

As a wedding venue, I have been using Mahaffey for my rental needs for over two years. They never fail to exceed my expectations! I have had event several event "crises" and had to call at the last minute and Carol, Angela and Taylor are always accommodating and helpful. It definitely puts my planner mind to ease to know that they are all in my corner and willing to go the extra mile for me!

Madeline · Married on 05/25/2013

Mark & his crew with Mahaffey Tent Company are great to work with - professional, friendly, efficient. Our venue is for outdoor weddings, so we frequently have tents brought in. The bride's wedding coordinator brought in Mahaffey for their tent, flooring and stairs. The quality was top-notch. They did everything - didn't require anything from us except welcome input on where to put the catering tent/how to make it work for us - and made it so beautiful and natural that it blended perfectly with the setting. Would definitely work with them again and recommend them to anyone.

Helen · Married on 05/25/2013

Mahaffey Tent--and Mark Huels and Taylor (don't know Taylor's last name), in particular--were the epitome of professional.

Robin · Married on 03/23/2013

It was a pleasure working with Mark Hules and Mahaffey Tent and Party Rentals. Mark and his staff were very accommodating and flexible when changes were suggested, and believe me, there were a lot of changes. The on site crew was one of the most polite, courteous and considerate bunch of guys I have worked with in a long time. Thanks Mark for making my job and my life easier in this month long production.

Robin Legendre
    Wedding and Event Planner
    New Orleans, LA

Raleah · Married on 09/10/2016

Event rentals are expensive anywhere. We could not be happier with choosing mahaffey. We chose a large white framed tent with string lighting, chairs and tables. Jackie was always extremely personal, was easily in contact through text and constantly worked with us when we wanted to change a few things (reception seating arrangements)
    She also assisted with the planning process/ceremony and reception layout. It was as if I had a close friend helping me.
    Thank you Jackie for all of your help over the past few months!!

Great party rentals. I ordered the 20 by 60 tent with bandstand dance floor and tables/chairs for my wedding.
    Everything arrived when promised. The installation was great and the tent quality was excellent.
    My only grip was with the bandstand. They charge extra for a step to get on the bandstand and for carpeting for the top of the bandstand. If the wood had been in better shape, the carpeting wouldn't have been necessary. I think they charge too much for the bandstand overall. My suggestion is to build your own bandstand, or use a deck for your musicians. Otherwise very satisfied.

• User3317607 · event on: 04/06/2013

From start to finish the company was easy to work with, responded quickly to all emails, and was responsive and service oriented.

Allison · Married on 06/17/2017

3.5

Mahaffey had great prices and tons of options to make our reception venue pop! They were very accommodating and allowed us to make changes up to the last minute. I would recommend using them for any wedding of event.

Eleanor · Married on 04/26/2008

3.5

Sales agent discussed the several different types of tents w/me & emailed me pictures. We also changed our order a couple of times. Very accommodating and courteous.

Mahaffey and their team are great! They have a very nice showroom, plenty of helpful salespeople on hand, and they have a wide selection of rentals available (tents, tables and chairs, linens, dishes, furniture, etc.). They had reasonable pricing and they were pretty flexible with my venue's time frame for set-up and pick-up. Their rentals were in good condition--wear-and-tear was not very noticeable (other companies in the city didn't seem to take care of their products as well and it showed)--and they got everything set up the way we wanted. Responses to my calls and emails were always quick and friendly. It's important to make sure you know up front how fees work for set up (e.g. there's a fee to have them set up chairs) and after-hours pick ups (e.g. Saturday night vs. Monday daytime), but these are are reasonable and understandable. Overall, they're professional, friendly, and have great products and I would certainly work with them again in the future.