Magpies Bakery Reviews

Magpies Bakery 6
Magpies Bakery 7
  • Courtney

Courtney Leitgeb · Married on 10/20/2018

Guests Raved About the Dessert!

For our wedding, we decided to do a dessert table rather than just the traditional wedding cake. Magpies was so great to work with! They were very responsive and eager to help us achieve the vision of what we were wanting. After a delicious cake tasting (seriously the cake was so good, we had the hardest time deciding which flavors we wanted), we decided to do 3 different flavors for our cake. We also had mini pies which they were sweet enough to make little heart decorations on. Every detail was so well thought out, and the guests raved about how good the dessert was!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to hear you loved everything. Congratulations!!

Emma · Married on 07/07/2018

Magpies was great! Elizabeth was easy to work with even though I didn't live in the area. The cake tasted amazing and looked even better than I was hoping. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Magpies Bakery 8

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Emma! Congratulations!

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2018

Delicious and beautiful are an understatement when it comes to Magpie's creations. From our cake-tasting and consultation to our cake-cutting, they were a delight to work with. The final product surpassed our wildest expectations. Highly recommend!

Magpies Bakery 9
    Magpies Bakery 10
    Magpies Bakery 11
    Magpies Bakery 12
    Magpies Bakery 13
  • F

Fallon · Married on 04/07/2018

LOOOVEEEE Magpies! They've done 3 cakes for us now including a wedding cake (lemon) and a grooms cake (carrot cake)! Both were delicious and we got tons of compliments on the cakes about how pretty and delicious they were. We also got variety pack cupcakes from them for the wedding reception and they were very popular and delicious! Love to stop into their cool store in Downtown Knoxville on Central Ave. and get cookies, cupcakes, and samples!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you for letting us be apart of your day!! We appreciate your kind words!

andrea · Married on 03/17/2018

Magpies made us a dessert bar for our wedding that included a large wedding cake, pies, cheesecakes, cupcakes and cookies. They were beautiful and I got so many compliments on all of the desserts.

Carol · Married on 12/16/2017

I absolutely LOVED my wedding cake!!! It was exactly what I wanted!! Elizabeth was great!!

Magpies Bakery 14
    Magpies Bakery 15

Jenna · Married on 10/28/2017

My cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! We received so many compliments. Thanks so much!

• FutureMrsBrock

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2017

We loved working with Peggy at Magpies! She gave us a taste test to help us choose the flavors. The cake was designed by Sarah who is magpies artist and was super delicious and customized to fit our theme.

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

Absolutely beautiful and so yummy! Ordered our cake, cupcakes and pies for our special day! Everything was perfect!!!

Magpies Bakery 16
    Magpies Bakery 17
    Magpies Bakery 18

Madeline · Married on 05/06/2017

Don't get your cake anywhere else. They worked with us to have multiple flavors and icing colors. We went with lemon raspberry and Italian cream cake on alternating gold and white layers, and it was the most delicious cake we've ever had. When we changed our minds multiple times on how many servings we would need, they were totally easy going and got us exactly what we wanted.

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2016

Amazing delicious was the most amazing cake ever!!!!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer and Congratulations!

Samantha · Married on 09/04/2016

Magpies Bakery did a fantastic job with our wedding cake. We planned our wedding from out of town and found Magpies Bakery easy to work with. I provided them with some pictures and a vision for the cake over a consultation over the phone and it came out perfectly. The cake was absolutely delicious. They also worked with my florist to execute it beautifully. We were so pleased and could not recommend them enough.

Sent on 01/22/2017

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review!

Laura · Married on 08/20/2016

If you are planning your wedding and want the absolutely most delicious and beautiful wedding cake in town, look not further than Magpie's Bakery!! Magpies came highly recommended to me and I could not be happier with our wedding cake!! First of all, Peggy and her staff provided over-the-top customer service!! Everyone at Magpie's was absolutely delightful to work with from start to finish. They helped me design my wedding cake by providing samples and showing me photos of Magpie's wedding cakes. Peggy met with me and my Mom and designed my dream wedding cake on the spot. Every detail was customized to my liking. Peggy baked a three tiered lemon cake with delicate pink buttercream and fondant lace design (to match my wedding gown!!). Our wedding cake was stunning and was literally the icing on the cake for our beautiful wedding and reception!! I cannot recommend Magpie's Bakery highly enough!! They are above and beyond the best bakery in town!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Laura! We're so glad you were pleased with everything! Best in 2017!

Magpies has the best cakes in Knoxville hands down! The cakes were beautiful and absolutely delicious while also being reasonably priced.

I ordered one 11 inch cake and a few dozen mini cupcakes - perfect for my small wedding, delicious (as usual) and affordable!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Erica · Married on 06/20/2015

Our wedding cake was flawless thanks to Magpies Bakery!! Not only did it look absolutely stunning, it tasted amazing!!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Erica!

We used magpies for our cake table. We ordered 5 round cakes instead of a tiered wedding cake and it worked out perfectly. They were easy to contact and made sure to confirm our order. Most importantly: the cakes were delicious!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We're thrilled you liked your cakes, and hope you had a fabulous day! congratulations!!!

Cupcakes were amazing and staff was very friendly!!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Thank you!

we had a large wedding with about 200 people. i had a 4 tier cake and a grooms cake. they were delicious and beautiful and unique. the thing i want people to know is how amazing their team is. i designed my cake and then had second thoughts. i contacted them and told them my worries. they let me redesign the cake, they never made me feel bad or gave me and drama. i cant say how much i appreciate that. a wedding cake is a big deal, especially in my family. people still talk about how cute and clever the grooms cake was, a 3d crown. just amazing and DELICIOUS!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy you were pleased with your cakes, and the service you received. Wedding planning is stressful, and we do our best to make it as easy as possible. Thanks again, and congratulations!!
  • User5201897 · 2+ years ago

We can’t even begin to express our appreciation for the hard work, talent, and time Magpies Bakery spent creating such a beautiful wedding cake. It was everything we imagined and more; a perfect balance of simple elegance with a little farm flair! We received so many compliments from guests— the Italian Cream and Blackberry combination was delicious!!! The whole process was enjoyable (especially the cake tasting), stress free, fun, and your staff is incredibly responsive. You can expect a call from us on our one-year anniversary☺

Sent on 06/23/2015

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy you were pleased with your cake! Congrats, looking forward to hearing from you again!

Taylor · Married on 03/14/2015

Magpies has always been a favorite of mine so when it came to finding a bakery to make our wedding cake I knew I wanted to use them and I am so glad we did! We had a Great Gatsby themed wedding at the Capitol Theatre and I had shown Peggy a picture of a cake I liked on pinterest to use for inspiration. They were able to use that idea and surpass our expectations with how beautiful this cake turned out. I requested they use as little fondant as possible and they hardly used any and the cake looked and tasted incredible. We went with a classic chocolate grooms cake and every bite of it was gone by the end of the night. So I would say both were a huge hit at the wedding!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you for your sweet review Taylor. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and making this cake. The room looked gorgeous, and it was so fun to get to see you on your wedding day! That never happens! Best, peg

The wedding cake was decorated just as we requested and was delicious. It was delivered on time. When I had to add a large number of servings because we had more guests reply that they were coming than we anticipated, they had no trouble making a larger cake with the same design with just a week or two notice.

Sent on 07/04/2014

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thanks so much for your review and kind words!!

Magpies provides so many tasty options - and very classy designs we had a hard time choosing one. Many of our guests commented on how delicious the cakes were, both the wedding cake and the custom groom's cake. Mapgies staff is very responsive, easy to work with, and realiable - they do a great job!

Robbie · Married on 09/22/2013

The best cakes in town!!! Magpies was extremely professional and easy to work with. They designed both our wedding and grooms cakes exactly as we had requested!! I can not stress enough how delicious their cakes are and well priced!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Magpies Bakery's reply:

Thank you for your sweet review, and we are so happy you liked your cakes. We really enjoyed making the sketchbook :)) Congratulations to you both, and thanks again. It was a pleasure.