Magnolia Jazz Band Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner
    Angel N. Married on 08/14/2021

Elegance & Warmth

If you are even remotely considering a band for your wedding (or any other celebration), you need to look no further. We booked the Magnolia Jazz Band for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were incredibly talented, always professional, and just lovely human beings. There was great communication before the event as Robbie checked in with us to understand what vibe we were trying to create. He and the band offered a great range (from Jazz and Bossa Nova to Hip Hop) but also were always open to learning new songs if needed. They made our wedding feel even more elevated and warm. And the bonus is that they are very reasonably priced. We are already thinking of what event we could plan for the near future so we can book Magnolia Jazz Band again.

Magnolia Jazz Band's reply:

Hi Angel, Thanks for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure to play for you and Gui at last, especially after health hazards made us reschedule the date twice. Glad everyone enjoyed the mood we created, and I'm eager to work with you again one of these days.
    - Robbie
  • Dan
    Dan Married on 08/02/2021

Grand Opening

We want to thank the Magnolia Jazz band for performing at our Grand Opening! Robbie made it very easy to communicate and professional to work with and all of them were outstanding. We've had this band perform in couple of our events and never disappoint. The music choices they've played set the mood right and gave off a classy/elegant vibe which was perfect for our event. We highly recommend this band for any special occasion and we will definitely book with them for future events!
    Events Married on 06/16/2017
    We are Events by Diana & Tammy, wedding day-of coordinators, and worked with Magnolia Jazz Band for one of our clients' weddings in Woodside. It was such a pleasure working with Robbie and the guys. Robbie was so responsive before the wedding and even worked with the officiant and emcee directly to make sure everyone was on the same page and that they were set with their cues. Robbie was also able to give our bride and groom great suggestions on ceremony music and songs for their first dance. He was a great resource!

On the day of the event, the trio was very easy to work with. They were able to accommodate slight changes to the schedule and locations for their set up. They are very flexible and not to mention, just overall nice guys. It was a true pleasure working with them and we highly recommend them, their music, and their overall services to couples!

Thank you, Magnolia Jazz Band!

- Events by Diana & Tammy
    Gladys Married on 05/06/2017
    Magnolia Jazz is excellent!

We had the trio play for our wedding reception and they received several rounds of applause and even a standing ovation -- yes they were THAT great!

My husband loves jazz and they were able to accommodate all our requested songs, they suggested songs that went well with the remainder of the playlist and were very flexible with the ongoing changes in the schedule.

True professionals, exceptional performance, an incredibly memorable experience.
  • User2054274 2+ years ago
    I am an events coordinator at a wedding venue.
    I have worked with all sorts of bands & DJs for wedding receptions & ceremonies.
    The Magnolia Jazz Band was incredible- both to work with AND to listen to.
    They were courteous, professional, & friendly.
    I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is trying to create an elegant, sophisticated, & warm environment for their wedding.
  • User1811958 2+ years ago
    Robbie and the band are great! We hired them to play live music during our wedding ceremony and our cocktail hour - very talented group. Our guest enjoyed the music and I found working with Robbie enjoyable.
    Sandra Married on 07/04/2014
    Simply one word...WOW!!! That is what we are still hearing from our guests at our wedding reception about the music provided by the Magnolia Jazz Band. They are EXCEPTIONAL and VERY PROFESSIONAL!!! We could not be more happy with the mood they created at our dinner party! It was lively and romantic. We are elated with their services and HIGHLY recommend them for any type of event. They will knock your socks off!!
    Gillian Married on 06/08/2013
    We hired the Magnolia Jazz Trio played during our wedding cocktail hour and reception on June 8. They caught our interest initially because they were reasonably priced, played a wide variety of songs, and the samples on their website sounded great. Robbie was very responsive and really easy to work with (we mostly communicated via email). On the day of our wedding, they played all of our favorite jazz songs (and even waited for me to be nearby before they played my favorite!). They were able to set a lively, playful atmosphere (despite the heat reaching 96 degrees!) that our guests absolutely loved. We heard tons of comments about how great the music was! To summarize: If you're looking for a talented jazz group that is flexible enough to play any kind of jazz in any setting, the Magnolia Jazz Band is the one for you!
  • User1177254 2+ years ago
    Robbie and the Magnolia Jazz Band were simply a pleasure to work with. They were very prompt to communicate over email and phone, were flexible regarding arrival and setup times, and provided a wonderful atmosphere during our wedding reception. They are undoubtedly skilled musicians and seasoned professionals, and I would highly recommend them. Robbie was also an excellent MC and ran things exactly as we asked. We can't thank them enough!!
    Leann Married on 04/14/2013
    Palmdale Estates has been lucky to host the Magnolia Jazz band now for the third time and we have enjoyed every minute of their classic, smooth and upbeat wedding music. The trio is extremely professional, always punctual and certainly a pleasure to work with. Their musicians create a beautiful and lively ambiance that can uplift any mood during the ceremony and cocktail hour. I would highly recommend Magnolia Jazz Band to any bride, groom or event planner planning a classy, elegant affair.

Molly Married on 05/14/2010
    Magnolia Jazz gave our wedding ceremony a perfect vintage, elegant feel and our guests truly enjoyed dancing to them under the stars at Wente Vineyards. They did a great mix of classics and fun music. Robbie was for responsive and helpful. They set up on time and were willing to stay longer if needed. They are a great value and very professional, willing to work within our schedule. They even allowed us to bring our own music for our dances and play them over their PA system and act as MC for the evening.
    Michelle Married on 02/20/2010
    We're so glad we choose the Magnolia Jazz Band to play at our wedding. The music was beautiful and they were an absolute joy to work with. They really make your event feel special and personalized. I appreciate them a lot. It was a wonderful event ! I will highly recommend to all my friends.
    Daisy Married on 08/25/2007
    We absolutely loved having Magnolia Jazz Band play at our wedding! They provided the perfect atmosphere...the music was enjoyed by everyone. I would highly recommend them for any event you are planning!
    Christopher Married on 08/18/2007
    The Magnolia Jazz Band did a fantastic job with the ceremony and reception music for our wedding. We had a special request for a ceremony song, and they were very flexible and receptive to learning and playing the song. And of course, the song was played beautifully. During the reception, they played a good amount of various old classics. They really set the mood for a very pleasant afternoon during our wedding. We received a ton of compliments from our friends and family about how wonderful the band was. The whole band crew were very friendly and very professional. They were arrived early and very prompt before the wedding. In terms of working with the Magnolia Jazz Band during our planning stages, they were very fast and prompt in responding to questions and requests via email or by phone. I would highly recommend the Magnolia Jazz Band for anyone looking for a wedding band for both the ceremony and reception or just great music in general.
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 05/27/2007
    I can't say enough great things about Magnolia Jazz Band! They were responsive, flexible, and absolutely professional. Not only did they accommodate all of my questions and (very!!) last minute requests, but we also received SO many compliments from our guests on their performance before and during the ceremony. The music was beautiful and memorable, and Robbie's suggestions were super helpful. Being in the wedding industry myself, I really am particular, and I was nothing but happy with our wedding music. A huge thank you to Magnolia Jazz Band!
    Anastacia Married on 05/09/2008
    I am the manager of a jewelry store. We had the Magnolia Jazz Band for a client social gathering on May 9th. We have also worked with Magnolia Jazz Band several times in the past. They have always been a pleasure to work with. They are punctual, always dressed appropriately and very accomodating to any special requests. Not to mention that the music is fabulous! I would highly recommend them for any occasion.
    Steve Married on 05/03/2008
    I've worked with Robbie for years as an event planner, and this time asked him to play at a theme birthday party for my mother. Outstanding as always, including backing up some amateur muscians in the family who wanted to sit in with the Trio.
    Heidi Married on 10/26/2007
    I hired the Magnolia Jazz band for my corporate holiday party in San Francisco. They added such a nice ambiance to the party I immediately thought of them when I was planning my wedding reception. They really make your event feel special and personalized. I highly recommend them!!
    Larry Married on 04/01/2015
    The Band did an outstanding job at our son's music. The music added to the ambiance of the event and created a warm and friendly atmosphere. We received a number of compliments about the band, some from music professionals themselves! Robbie was very responsive and did a nice job incorporating requests from the wedding couple.
  • User1965235 2+ years ago
    Robbie and his crew were a blast to work with. We, regrettably didn't have too much experience with the types of songs that we wanted, but the Magnolia Jazz Band delivered and played amazing music. The song selections were just right for each of the different activities including the ceremony and first dance. A few guests have even said that for their own wedding, they will go with a band instead of having a DJ play music. The songs they played set the mood perfectly and they were very accommodating. They did all this without much direction from us, which is excellent since we too busy with other things.

Highly recommended, thanks guys.
  • Y
    Yumi Married on 11/17/2007
    We're so glad we choose the Magnolia Jazz Band to play at our wedding! My husband and I love the type of music they play so it made it very special that they played for us at our wedding. Robbie was our contact and he made it very easy to get everything coordinated. The band was very accommodating and that was great because I was already the crazy bride-to-be. I would definitely recommend it to others. Advise to those interested: Book them early! They have discounts if you book early. Honestly, I wouldn't say they are the cheapest "music" option to go with. But taking into consideration the # of people involved (we got the Trio) and the great music they play, it's definitely worth it.
    Richard Married on 10/20/2007
    We highly recommend using this band, in fact we will be using them again for my wifes' parents anniversary party. The group was very professional and played to everyones delight.
    Kennedy Married on 08/21/2009
    Beautiful music, that made our ceremony so memorable.
    Rick Married on 07/24/2007
    I am a wedding and party planner, and I know that I can always rely on Robbie Schlosser and the Magnolia Jazz Band to provide professional musical entertainment.
    Ali Married on 10/30/2010
    We hired Magnolia Jazz Band to play our short ceremony and luncheon. It was great to have a group of professionals playing. Robbie Schlosser was very helpful when it came to picking ceremony music. He also knows a lot of great vendors.