Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

Magic Occasions Catering 6
Magic Occasions Catering 7

Emily · Married on 05/27/2016

3.5

Honestly, they were great! I was planning my wedding from the other side of the world and they had to switch between corresponding with my mum to my sister to myself and they were super helpful. i would have liked to speak with the bartender prior to the event but really the only thing I would have liked different would have been a taste test of some of the appetizers we had. I feel like we kind of went into this a bit blind. It worked out well though.

Sent on 03/30/2017

2.5

After doing alot of research for value catering in the Orlando area, my husband and I felt that Magic Occasions was the best choice for our budget. They have a pretty good variety of items for you to pick for your catering and let you sample a large amount before deciding on which items to serve. We used Magic Occasions for catering, cake, linens, bar service and cocktail table rentals.
    I will admit that I was a little stressed out throughout the planning process as they are not the easiest company to get in touch with. However, if you are a bride that isn't high stress and you can deal with the slow responsiveness - they definitely deliver the day of. The food was pretty good... linens and all rentals were exactly as planned and the cake looked and tasted great!
    Magic Occasions also made my Groom's Cake which turned out great.
    There is no question that they are a very reasonable caterer... for me, it was a good decision as that catering was not my #1 item of importance and I was able to deal with not getting answers as quickly as I'd like to.
    One final item to add is that they are very flexible with final counts/changes/etc... the week leading up to the wedding can be very hectic but they made sure to make any changes I needed without causing my extra stress.
    Overall, other than difficulty to reach, I was pleased with their services!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Rhonda · Married on 12/23/2013

4.2

I hired magic occasion catering for my wedding. They did an amazing job at an affordable price. They provided food, cake, tables linens and napkins that matches with my color theme. I just needed to provide my own centerpieces and they set them up for me. They provided me with with 4 servers all included in the price. They provided everything to match with my color theme. At the end of the reception, they did all the cleaning. And the guests complimented me for the food.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Spensyr · Married on 06/12/2010

2.0

Writing this review after the wedding I can say that Magic Occasions did a wonderful job catering the wedding. However, they weren't exactly responsive by e-mail until the last minute and I did worry that they didn't have their act together. The added stress of the lack of responsiveness leads to my 4 out of 5 stars...otherwise the food was great, they accomodte every special request, the cake was beautiful AND tasted great. Value for the Cost was excellent for standard buffet fare. The bar staff they provided were friendly and helpful and did a great job mixing our signature cocktail!

Sent on 07/30/2010

Sara · Married on 08/17/2007

3.0
      2.0
      3.0
      2.5
      3.5

The food was amazing and the did a good job overall. My only complaint is that it was hard to get a hold of them and I waited a while for replies to e-mails.

Sent on 05/30/2008
  • Fernando

Fernando · Married on 08/14/2019

1.0

All my guest's complaint and they ruined my wedding

Magic occasion food was good when i tasted
    And that very reason we pick it,
    My wife wanted and i wanted alot food so that my guests can enjoy them on the big day.we paid extra to have service at table which is almost as twice of the buffet package with 3 cold, 3 hot appertizers and main dishes. That would not be a problem if they served all guests the same as the groom and the bride table. All the guests complaint a lot about service and the food. Especially, they don't have enough food and got home in hungry.
    My wife and I were very busy with the wedding and we didn't notice about this issue until next morning when we called some friends to thank them. she was very upset and couldn't sleep at night because of embarassment. I'm heartbroken that i failed to give her a wedding she wanted. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just few people and I called and asked more guests with the same questions and there reply were all the same, the appetizers they served were to little for everyone. Can you imagine the situation that you just have 3 or 4 small pieces of appertizer for ten people? So that means if you have one, someone couldn't have it. OMG, I still don't understand how they could serve like that. It was unprofessional and unthoughtfull. My wedding was supposed to be fun, but now we suffer a lot from it now. It was horrible. I wish if I had a chance once more time, I definitely didn't go with Magic Occasions for sure.

Sent on 08/16/2019