Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

165 | Longwood, FL

165 Reviews for Magic Occasions Catering

Marguerite · Married on 02/28/2015

I can not say enough wonderful things about Angie and Magic Occasions Catering. They were phenomenal! Angie makes the overwhelming process of catering a wedding of 180+ people very easy and walks with you through the whole process and her food is amazing! They set up all the linens and centerpieces. They made sure they saved the bridal party appetizers for when we arrived to the reception venue. The staff was incredible. They were so attentive to everyone- even the guests were impressed! A few of them even made a special effort to ensure that the groom and I always had a fresh and full beverage. They even walked around passing out our signature shot and had such an amazing attitude the whole time! I was blown away at the level of service provided by Magic Occasions Catering especially because of their fair price! I strongly recommend this company to anyone!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Amber · Married on 02/21/2015

Magic Occasions Catering was a dream to work with. I mainly worked with Angie who is WONDERFUL! She was very accommodating to anything that we needed. They allowed us to use their sister company's location for our small wedding reception (Bianco's Mona Lisa) and went above and beyond making sure that every detail was to our liking. They allowed me to come in and take photos of the space so that I could plan the decorations, they allowed us to come in the night before and spend hours decorating and come in again the next morning to set up our own lighting in the backyard area. We used their bartender and received compliments all night on how wonderful he was. I have eaten there when they were just a restaurant and the office I work at has had them cater lunches before. The food is always outstanding and was even more so on my wedding night! We also had them do our cake - it was beautiful and SO reasonable priced (not to mention...delicious).

The reception they did for me was small (50 people) but they can do larger events and will come to you - I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 03/31/2015
  • User4784509 · event on: 02/04/2015

Our family was very pleased with Magic Occasions catering for our anniversary dinner. Food was hot and delicious. Portions were plentiful so that we had leftovers for the next day. Price was also very reasonable.

Sent on 02/11/2015

A friend of my mother-in-law offered to cater our wedding for us. She then accepted a new full time job about 3 months before the wedding and backed out of her catering commitment. I was freaking out to say the least. My now husband found Magic Occasions Catering online because of their great reviews, so we scheduled a taste test with Angie. She was AWESOME. I had both my father and mother-in-law, my husband and I, and my wedding planner at the tasting, and Angie was exceptionally accommodating. The food was DELICIOUS, her service was wonderful. We booked Magic Occasions that day and it was a blessing in disguise. Everyone loved the food. Her waitstaff was terrific and I highly recommend Angie and her team to anyone.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Savannah · Married on 11/15/2014

Magic Occasions Catering was the best all inclusive caterer. They made my cake which was beautiful and delicious. The food was also delicious. Lemon Pepper Chicken and Roast Beef as the main course. Mini Crab Cakes, Phyllo Triangles with Spinach and Feta Cheese, Mini Quiches, Chive Cream Cheese Ham Rolls, Pinwheel Sanwiches, and Roasted Tenderloin with Tomatoes on a Toasted Baguette were delightful. Twice Baked Potatoes, Glazed Carrots, and Green Bean Almondine was great too. Even the rolls were good. The staff was professional and on top of everything and wrapped up my cake and leftovers and made sure that everything was clean so that we could get our deposit back. So happy with my choice of this caterer.

Sent on 01/10/2015

Edgar · Married on 11/08/2014

The vendor was great from the get go, when we made an appointment to do a food tasting they went out of their way to know what we liked and gave of a variety of dishes to try from. Their pakcages are great but we already had already had a baker of our choice, they worked with us to get us a reasonable price.
    A few days before they went with us to the venue and were able to see the lay out and gave us ideas to better our set up.
    The food was delicious, people had seconds and were so happy about it. They made our wedding day worry-free. I totally recommend this vendor

Sent on 12/01/2014
  • User3920504 · 2+ years ago

Magic Occasions did a great job with our wedding reception! Everyone liked the food (and when does that ever happen) and the staff were all friendly, professional and very helpful. Angie answered all of our questions and reviewed the details with me shortly before the wedding. She is so nice and personable and made it all so easy!
    There is no mention of wedding cake because my mother made our cake & cupcakes; however we did try cupcakes when we did our tasting and loved them!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Melinda · Married on 10/04/2014

They provided excellent food along with superior customer service. I have had several comments on how good the food tasted. The cake was so beautiful, exactly what we wanted, and was unbelievably moist and delicious. They also provided our table linens and had everything set up and ready to go when we arrived. I recommend them for any event, they worked with us to get a great caterer within our budget.

Sent on 10/15/2014
  • User4542982 · event on: 10/04/2014

Bought 500 mini colored cupcakes for our homecoming dance. They were delicious and very colorful. Kids loved them and they matched our theme two years in a row. Great quality and great service. Will use them again.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Lyndria · Married on 09/13/2014

They were nothing short of AMAZING!!! The cake was beautiful and we were thrilled that it was equally delicious as it was beautiful!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Jacob · Married on 08/02/2014

We really loved Magic Occasions. The biggest thing for us was that they include everything. All of the linens, set up, food, bar and cake was done by them. All we had to do was bring the alcohol! The food was DELICIOUS, get the beef skewers! Yum! The cake was amazing, they have a lot of different flavors to choose from and Angie made our cake gorgeous. All we did was give her a little bit of an idea and she took it from there and designed the cake for us. We couldn't have asked for anything more, it was perfect! We had forgotten about making a plan to take the anniversary top layer cake with us at the end of the night, and she said no problem and took it with her to her restaurant and froze it for us. This is only one example of the great job they did for us. She came the day before to help us set up so we didn't have to do anything ourselves, she took care of it. The staff was great, our guests were so pleased we were getting complements all night long about how awesome our catering staff was! In addition to the 5star job they did at the wedding reception, Angie runs a small restaurant for private events as well. So we were able to do our rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception through the same people. It made everything a lot less stressful during the wedding week because we felt like we really knew Angie and trusted her with all the stuff for our big weekend. Thank you so much Angie and the Magic Occasions crew!! We couldn't have done it without you!!

Jacob and Shellee Walsh

Sent on 08/09/2014

Susan · Married on 05/23/2014

I could not have been happier with Magic Occasions. The food was delicious, the cakes were delicious, the service was excellent and the owners were accommodating and very friendly. I am still talking about them and I am going to order another cake for the bride's birthday! We don't have ONE negative thing to say - they were WONDERFUL!!! Thank you, Magic Occasions!

Sent on 07/29/2014

My husband and I met with several vendors before deciding on Magic Occasions. We first met with JoAnn who patiently answered all our questions. The samples we tried were delicious and did not taste like the typical bland wedding dishes. They were also willing to modify ingredients and presentation without any hesitation or up-charge. Later when we met with Angie, we discovered that she was also a gem. Our wedding went smoothly. We had two different cakes and the cakes and designs were absolutely wonderful.

They did such a good job that my husband has made me promise to use them for future celebrations. True to my promise, I recently used them for a July 4th barbecue. They made the most delicious carrot cupcakes :)

I would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 07/29/2014

WOW!!!! that is all I need to say. Angela and her team were great. From our tasting session we knew this was who we needed to book for our wedding. The food is delicious! They also provided the linens and other rentals for the reception. Our cake was amazing and beyond tasty. All our guests kept saying how tasty everything was.

THank you for all the hard work you put into making our night unforgetable. You and your staff were truly amazing and I cant thank you all enought.

ALex and Chris Mayer

Sent on 04/10/2014

Barb · Married on 02/15/2014

JoAnn and Angela are the best! They take the time to listen to everything that you want and do not try to impose any preset packages on you. They are very flexible and everything is as promised. The food was delicious and the staff was incredibly professional. Their prices were better than any other caterer we contacted. We have used Magic Occasions for two other major family events since the wedding and will use them in the future.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Bibiana · Married on 11/16/2013

The food was delicious, their service was excellent, and the cake looked and tasted amazing! One of the reasons why I loved Magic Occasions is because they were flexible when it came to putting together a menu that would fit our guest. They were on time and. Wry professional. I would hire magic occasions again for any important event.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Lucia · Married on 07/13/2013

The decision I'm proudest of (besides the marriage itself) in my wedding is hiring Angie and her AMAZING staff. I had tasted their dishes at my sister's wedding in 2010 and again tried their appetizers at her baby shower in 2012. Still, being the picky perfectionist that I am, when it came to my turn at walking down the aisle I didn't go straight for Magic Occasions despite the over-the-top family referrals. Well, after doing my research and talking to various caterers, I quickly learned my lesson and gained great confidence in my sister's choice for caterer. Magic Occasions Angie's reputation is so tried and true in this town that anyone who's worked in Winter Park events know her name and sings her praises... WITH GOOD REASON. Angie became more than my caterer, the woman basically served as my wedding planner. Thanks to Angie I found a venue, a remarkable rental vendor and she even recommended photographers and dj's. She is a one-stop-shop. Food, linens, bar, and cake -- all by Angie. She was so flexible. I changed my package over three times! I started with appetizers and wound up with a full buffet. Angie basically allowed me to design my own package to fit my exact reception needs. The food was delicious. Guests were delighted at the appetizers and the two main course choices on the buffet. Still, for me, The most remarkable part was my cake. I designed my own cake topper. It was a tree made of three colors of metallic wire with pearl beads as fruit. I showed it to Angie only once. This woman is so talented she managed to convert one of her cake designs to match my design. People oooh'd and ahhh'd at the cake all night... silenced only when finally eating it and they're still raving about the taste. three layers, three different flavors. Just an amazing value considering it was included in the price of the buffet package!!!! To top it all off, one thing I didn't even think of or come to appreciate until the reception, was the service of her staff. Holy cow, the

Sent on 08/11/2013

Bethany · Married on 06/29/2013

We couldn't have picked a better caterer for our wedding. The food was delicious, the cake was gorgeous and incredibly tasty, the staff was fast, courteous, and went out of their way for all guests. The bartender was one of the best I've ever dealt with! This was one stop shopping! The provided everything ad would have provided center pieces if needed! All of our guests commented on how delicious the food tasted!!! I would use them again in the future in a heartbeat!!!!!

Sent on 07/04/2013

AnnMarie · Married on 06/23/2013

Angie and the whole staff at Magic Occasions Catering were wonderful! They served my husband and my food right at our table and we felt so taken care of. The food was good and it was a great price. They had been to the reception site before (Winter Park Civic Center) so they knew where everything was and set up everything promptly. They put linens on all our tables and set up the chair covers, which were absolutely beautiful. If you're looking for a caterer in the Orlando area, please consider Magic Occasions Catering!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Brianna · Married on 06/01/2013

I love these guys! They did my sisters wedding cake 2 years ago. So when it was my turn I knew who to go with. Our cake was delicious, and so beautiful. I showed her a pic off Pinterest and she recreated it; and even made it more beautiful than the original. Not only was the cake pretty, it was delicious too. So moist and flavorful. I can't wait till our 1 year anniversary to break out the topper.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jack · Married on 05/19/2013

We had Magic Occasions Catering make our wedding cake and we're very pleased with their service and final product. Our meeting to design and taste their options was very helpful and our questions were answered and explained in detail. The cake itself was delicious and beautiful. Our guests made many comments on how good it was! Prompt delivery and quick response added to our worry-free wedding day. Please give Magic Occasions Catering your consideration for your wedding cake! -Kat & Jack

Sent on 06/08/2013

Katie · Married on 03/30/2013

The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. We chose a package that had a cake included and it was not only delicious but beautiful. The bartenders and waitstaff were fantastic and went above and beyond for our guests. I loved working with Angie and always got a quick response. They also do rentals which made one-stop-shopping awesome. My only regret was that I didn't ask for a to-go plate for my husband and I!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Nicolett · Married on 03/01/2013

Everything was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better job

Sent on 03/17/2013

Angie and Joann were so friendly and helpful. The food was great and the service was excellent! The wedding cake was a big hit too!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Amy · Married on 06/09/2012

We researched several caterers and they were BY FAR the most reasonably priced. We used them for catering, cake and bartending service. Everything went smoothly at our reception and the food and cake tasted great. The staff was very friendly and everyone loved the bartender. My only complaint would be that we didn't have an option of dropping off our alcohol to them early, we had to drop it off at the venue on the day of, but overall we are very happy and got a great value.

Sent on 06/10/2012