Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

Magic Occasions Catering 4
Magic Occasions Catering 5
Magic Occasions Catering 6
Magic Occasions Catering 7

My husband and I met with several vendors before deciding on Magic Occasions. We first met with JoAnn who patiently answered all our questions. The samples we tried were delicious and did not taste like the typical bland wedding dishes. They were also willing to modify ingredients and presentation without any hesitation or up-charge. Later when we met with Angie, we discovered that she was also a gem. Our wedding went smoothly. We had two different cakes and the cakes and designs were absolutely wonderful.

They did such a good job that my husband has made me promise to use them for future celebrations. True to my promise, I recently used them for a July 4th barbecue. They made the most delicious carrot cupcakes :)

I would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 07/29/2014

WOW!!!! that is all I need to say. Angela and her team were great. From our tasting session we knew this was who we needed to book for our wedding. The food is delicious! They also provided the linens and other rentals for the reception. Our cake was amazing and beyond tasty. All our guests kept saying how tasty everything was.

THank you for all the hard work you put into making our night unforgetable. You and your staff were truly amazing and I cant thank you all enought.

ALex and Chris Mayer

Sent on 04/10/2014

Barb · Married on 02/15/2014

JoAnn and Angela are the best! They take the time to listen to everything that you want and do not try to impose any preset packages on you. They are very flexible and everything is as promised. The food was delicious and the staff was incredibly professional. Their prices were better than any other caterer we contacted. We have used Magic Occasions for two other major family events since the wedding and will use them in the future.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Bibiana · Married on 11/16/2013

The food was delicious, their service was excellent, and the cake looked and tasted amazing! One of the reasons why I loved Magic Occasions is because they were flexible when it came to putting together a menu that would fit our guest. They were on time and. Wry professional. I would hire magic occasions again for any important event.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Lucia · Married on 07/13/2013

The decision I'm proudest of (besides the marriage itself) in my wedding is hiring Angie and her AMAZING staff. I had tasted their dishes at my sister's wedding in 2010 and again tried their appetizers at her baby shower in 2012. Still, being the picky perfectionist that I am, when it came to my turn at walking down the aisle I didn't go straight for Magic Occasions despite the over-the-top family referrals. Well, after doing my research and talking to various caterers, I quickly learned my lesson and gained great confidence in my sister's choice for caterer. Magic Occasions Angie's reputation is so tried and true in this town that anyone who's worked in Winter Park events know her name and sings her praises... WITH GOOD REASON. Angie became more than my caterer, the woman basically served as my wedding planner. Thanks to Angie I found a venue, a remarkable rental vendor and she even recommended photographers and dj's. She is a one-stop-shop. Food, linens, bar, and cake -- all by Angie. She was so flexible. I changed my package over three times! I started with appetizers and wound up with a full buffet. Angie basically allowed me to design my own package to fit my exact reception needs. The food was delicious. Guests were delighted at the appetizers and the two main course choices on the buffet. Still, for me, The most remarkable part was my cake. I designed my own cake topper. It was a tree made of three colors of metallic wire with pearl beads as fruit. I showed it to Angie only once. This woman is so talented she managed to convert one of her cake designs to match my design. People oooh'd and ahhh'd at the cake all night... silenced only when finally eating it and they're still raving about the taste. three layers, three different flavors. Just an amazing value considering it was included in the price of the buffet package!!!! To top it all off, one thing I didn't even think of or come to appreciate until the reception, was the service of her staff. Holy cow, the

Sent on 08/11/2013

Bethany · Married on 06/29/2013

We couldn't have picked a better caterer for our wedding. The food was delicious, the cake was gorgeous and incredibly tasty, the staff was fast, courteous, and went out of their way for all guests. The bartender was one of the best I've ever dealt with! This was one stop shopping! The provided everything ad would have provided center pieces if needed! All of our guests commented on how delicious the food tasted!!! I would use them again in the future in a heartbeat!!!!!

Sent on 07/04/2013

AnnMarie · Married on 06/23/2013

Angie and the whole staff at Magic Occasions Catering were wonderful! They served my husband and my food right at our table and we felt so taken care of. The food was good and it was a great price. They had been to the reception site before (Winter Park Civic Center) so they knew where everything was and set up everything promptly. They put linens on all our tables and set up the chair covers, which were absolutely beautiful. If you're looking for a caterer in the Orlando area, please consider Magic Occasions Catering!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Brianna · Married on 06/01/2013

I love these guys! They did my sisters wedding cake 2 years ago. So when it was my turn I knew who to go with. Our cake was delicious, and so beautiful. I showed her a pic off Pinterest and she recreated it; and even made it more beautiful than the original. Not only was the cake pretty, it was delicious too. So moist and flavorful. I can't wait till our 1 year anniversary to break out the topper.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jack · Married on 05/19/2013

We had Magic Occasions Catering make our wedding cake and we're very pleased with their service and final product. Our meeting to design and taste their options was very helpful and our questions were answered and explained in detail. The cake itself was delicious and beautiful. Our guests made many comments on how good it was! Prompt delivery and quick response added to our worry-free wedding day. Please give Magic Occasions Catering your consideration for your wedding cake! -Kat & Jack

Sent on 06/08/2013

Katie · Married on 03/30/2013

The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. We chose a package that had a cake included and it was not only delicious but beautiful. The bartenders and waitstaff were fantastic and went above and beyond for our guests. I loved working with Angie and always got a quick response. They also do rentals which made one-stop-shopping awesome. My only regret was that I didn't ask for a to-go plate for my husband and I!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Nicolett · Married on 03/01/2013

Everything was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better job

Sent on 03/17/2013

Angie and Joann were so friendly and helpful. The food was great and the service was excellent! The wedding cake was a big hit too!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Amy · Married on 06/09/2012

We researched several caterers and they were BY FAR the most reasonably priced. We used them for catering, cake and bartending service. Everything went smoothly at our reception and the food and cake tasted great. The staff was very friendly and everyone loved the bartender. My only complaint would be that we didn't have an option of dropping off our alcohol to them early, we had to drop it off at the venue on the day of, but overall we are very happy and got a great value.

Sent on 06/10/2012

J and R · Married on 03/27/2012

Angie and her staff were great to work with. The food was amazing, better than alot of other events I've been to at a price that could not be beat. The cake was included, delicious and beautiful. Also since we had a small group of 30 we used their private restaurant as the reception venue which she also included in the price of the package. They even decorated the venue with the flowers and center pieces I wanted while we were at the wedding venue. The bar tab even came in under budget. I can't say enough about this caterer. I'm so glad I found them.

Sent on 09/24/2014
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 03/17/2012

Food was yummy and staff was great! They are budget friendly and extremley polite. They also did my wedding cake which was not only good, but beautiful. All night I kept hearing how good the food was! I did a ton of research when selecting my catering and it paid off because I ended up with the best!

Sent on 03/28/2012
  • Brittaney

Brittaney · Married on 11/05/2011

My fiance and I came to do our cake testing with just a 'dream cake' picture from a bridal magazine. We had no idea what to expect. Magic Occasions was the BEST decision we could have ever made for our wedding cake. Our cake came out exactly like the picture with our own personal touch to it. It was so gorgeous, and the compliments didn't stop at the wedding! It tasted just as good as it looked, too! The mother and daughter team were so laid back and easy to work with. We could not have asked for a better wedding cake at a better price. Very budget friendly and beautiful work. :)

Sent on 11/12/2011

Kirsten · Married on 09/11/2011

Angie did a wonderful job on the cake. It tasted wonderful and looked amazing! It was exactly what I ordered and delivered on time!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Leanna · Married on 07/16/2011

OMG!!! My wedding cake was amazingly beautiful!!! the price was perfect for my budget but the cake was well worth more than that. Thank you Magic Occasions :)

Sent on 07/18/2011
  • JD

JD · Married on 03/26/2011

Angie Chapman was our central contact. She was so sweet and flexible. She made us feel so absolutely taken care of. She met with us several times to ensure our vision would happen. Her cakes are also AMAZING. She seriously was an absolute peaceful person to work with. She accommodated so many things we wanted and she did a wonderful job!

Sent on 04/06/2011
  • nirva28

Nirva · Married on 07/11/2010

Magic Occasion Catering did a great job. The food was wonderful and I loved my cake. Thanks Joann for everything especially when I had issues with the location of the wedding. Joann and her team were efficient and professional. Thanks for everything:) I would positively recommend Magic Occasion Catering.
    Elysee & Nirva

Sent on 09/07/2010

Jessica · Married on 03/13/2010

We used Magic Occasions Catering for our wedding and couldn't be more happy with them. The food was amazing and our cake was not only beautiful but tasted great too! We also got the mini cupcakes to use as our favors and for the price you really cant beat them! I plan on using them again for my friends upcoming bridal shower.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Katie · Married on 06/13/2009

We used Magic Occassions for our rehearsal dinner and receptions. They also made the cake for my bridal shower. They were wonderful to work with. JoAnn is so helpful with all of her experience. She really made our day wonderful. The staff for both the rehearsal and reception were amazing. They were very professional and made everything flow beautifully. I would recommend Magic Occassions to anyone needing a cake, caterer, or a place for a rehearsal dinner. We had such a great time with them and would use them again for anything. I have girls getting married soon and I will be placing orders for cakes soon!! Their cakes are not only beautiful but the taste amazing too!!

Sent on 09/11/2009

Jane · Married on 08/09/2008

Top Notch! We're still eating it today and enjoying every morsel!!

Sent on 08/26/2008

debra · Married on 07/14/2007

our wedding cake was really good!

Sent on 01/01/2010

Georgina · Married on 07/01/2007

I hired them for my wedding back in 2006 when they were still on Kirkman Road. I had misplaced the business card which I just found. Now it's in my contact list so I won't lose it again. Angie was wonderful and the service was exceptional. We had a cake that we're still speaking about today. The top part was coconut and the bottom was pineapple. The pineapple was delicious but the coconut.. OMG! That was phenomenal! I would definitely highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/23/2017