Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

164 | Longwood, FL

164 Reviews for Magic Occasions Catering

• James

James McCurry · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Stellar selection, food and service!

Where to start? After our original vendor cancelled on us, we had weeks to secure catering if we wanted to keep our date. We pursued Magic Occasions based on reviews and proceeded based on the wonderful service and communication with Angie at Magic Occasions. We were stressed to the max, but Angie was there to answer our questions and ease our concerns whenever we needed her.

The menu is impressive. Very impressive. Like, really really impressive. What's more impressive is the food itself. We chose a latin inspired mix including the Pernil, Ropa Vieja, rice, beans, plantains and "carne" guisado, a vegetarian dish for our vegetarian friends. Our hors d'oeuvres were the Brie and Raspberry pinwheels, bruschettea, smoked salmon on cucumbers, vegan sweet potato baguettes, chicken wellington and phyllo triangles with spinach and feta cheese.

Our guests are still talking about the food and as I write this, I'm trying to think of another event that I can plan so that I can have Magic Occasions again. EVERYTHING was delicious. I can not stress that enough. The chicken wellington was a massive hit with my step-father. He followed the staff around during cocktail hour in pursuit of those extraordinary bites.

It's important to note that our event was during the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only was the staff kind, professional and prompt, I never once saw a member of the catering team without a mask gloves, or in any way acting carelessly in regards to the safety of us, our guests, or themselves.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day that much more special!

Sent on 01/05/2021

Bettina Hildebrand · Married on 11/14/2020

Excellent professional team

I couldn’t have imagined better service, assistance or food. The cake was beautiful and tasted great as did the food.

Sent on 12/29/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Jacob · Married on 11/03/2020

10/10! Would definitely recommend!

I would definitely recommend Magical Occasions for anyone wanting fabulous food and service. Angie made it such an easy process when planning for my wedding. The food was delicious and Angie did a great job at answering any question I had in a timely manner. 10/10 for sure!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Lonnie

Lonnie George · Married on 10/04/2020

So far so good!

So far my fiancé and I’s experience with magic occasions has been wonderful! Angie and Joann have been very accommodating, very flexible and always willing to explain things to us. Angie is so easy to get a hold of when we have questions and she always responds so quickly! We are so excited to continue to work with them throughout our wedding planning and looking forward to having a beautiful, fun wedding day with great tasting food!! They have made choosing a caterer a very easy process for us first timers😃 and we are so grateful.

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 04/25/2020

Best Food Ever

Magic Occasions is officially our caterer for life. They did an amazing job. The food was so delicious and we had enough left overs to last us 3 more days. We highly suggest the brisket. My husband and I hate brisket and we were all fighting over it at the end of the night. Angie was also very good to us during these Covid times and always responded to our emails quickly.

Sent on 01/14/2021
  • Emily

Emily Camacho · Married on 02/20/2020

Great service!

We used magic occasions for our 150 guest wedding in February 2020 and were thrilled. The service was exceptional, and the food was great. We were so pleased and definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Shayna

Shayna · Married on 01/25/2020

Magic Occasions DELIVERS! Experience is the frosting on top.

Angie and her staff were excellent and the food was superb! Her experience in the industry shows just how many events she's catered. She asked necessary questions to help us guide our own blueprint for the evening and made sure to always be on the same page as the planner, and especially with the venue. Once again, the food was EXCELLENT! You would not be disappointed in selecting Magic Occasion for any reason. Beyond expectations especially for the price and services!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Carla Poindexter · Married on 01/04/2020

Delicious food and superb service!!!

The food was delicious and the service was superb. Angie is an experienced host for Magic Occasions - she made us feel confident that everything was in her hands and she was right. They arrived on time and were very efficient throughout the evening. They were flexible with the timing when guests were not quite ready to leave so one service member and the bartender stayed until everyone was taken care of. I would absolutely recommend them to all my friends not just for a wedding but for any important event. Our party was a post nuptial event for 50 people at our house and it was perfect and I hear from the my friends who recommended Magic Occasions to us in the first place, that their party for 200 was equally perfect..

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • MIRISASHA

MIRISASHA VELEZ · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing food and so yummy!

We hired Magic Occasions and Angie to cater our wedding on 11/09/2019 and I cannot express how happy we are that we chose them! The food was delicious and it would be an understatement to say that it was "alot of food" because honestly, WOW! So much food (and yummy!) that you and your guests will definitely not walk away hungry! The staff was attentive and personable at the event, and Angie herself was such a pleasure to work with. The prices were so incredibly reasonable for the amount of food (and great taste!) you get that you will not be disappointed. I already wish I had another huge party to host so I could hire them for the food!! Thank you, Angie, for making my wedding day so special!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • W

Whitney Soto Vazquez · Married on 08/19/2019

Love love love!

Magic Occasions was so easy to work with. So responsive. The best deal I could find in a pinch to include food, a staff person, linens, silverware and beverages. The food was delicious the staff was the sweetest. I didn’t catch her name but she was awesome. Angie was so responsive to emails and phone calls and I couldn’t be happier with the service we received. They kept the food stocked and the plates cleared off tables. Would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Eastham · Married on 08/15/2019

Delicious!

The food was delicious and the service was wonderful! Would definitely use again.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Lizzy

Lizzy · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing Wedding Food!!!

We have received so many compliments on our wedding food, bartending services and overall catering experience, everyone said that our food was AMAZING!! That it was the BOMB!!! I worked with Angie and Joann during the planning and they both are super easy to talk to and always answer any questions you may have. I wanted to stick with my wedding design for the linens and Angie was able to find me the specific linen I wanted for my sweetheart table and recommended the matching linens and napkins to match my whole design. Joann was the only one onsite on my wedding day and I can say that she went above and beyond for my wedding! Despite the last min change of plans with the timeline, Joann delivered beyond expectations!! Thank you so much Joann! My husband and I totally lucked out with this company so if you’re looking to serve the best food in town for your wedding, go with Magic Occasions! Best experience ever!!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Lindsey · Married on 04/07/2019

Amazing food and service!

Magic Occasions catering catered our wedding. They provided the appetizers for cocktail hour, our plated dinner, the bar services, and made our wedding cake and grooms cake. They also provided the linens for our wedding. They exceeded our expectations! They were amazing to work with! Angie was so sweet and so kind. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with. She allowed my mom and I to pick up the linens a day early so my mom could set up the reception tables early the day of our wedding so she could have time to get ready with me. Their food is incredible! It does not taste like standard wedding catered food. We got so many complements on our food for our wedding and everyone enjoyed it! They even have kids meals for the kids that is chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese. We loved our meal and we were so excited for it after our tasting. All of the food was great quality and tasted delicious. Our dinner was plated and the servers were very polite and provided great service to our guests. Our cakes were also amazing! They were decorated beautifully and tasted amazing! My husband’s grooms cake was a Tardis and it looked exactly like the Dr. Who Tardis. The people at Magic Occasions Catering are so kind and great to work with and their food and service is incredible. I definitely recommend Magic Occasions for any event and/or wedding!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Saabira

Saabira · Married on 03/29/2019

Flavorful and Filling!

Angie's menu was perfection for our wedding! From the passed and stationed appetizers, to the buffet line of tasty entrees and sides.....everything was perfect and guests were not left hungry! The servers were so attentive - perhaps one of my favorite memories was taking photos with guests outside and having appetizers served to my now husband and I in between shots! The lemon pepper chicken and rosemary garlic haddock fed us for days after the wedding and still just as amazing as the night of! Angie was also so accommodating of our need for halal chicken and was sure to answer every single one of my many questions along the way! Thank you for an unforgettable wedding menu Angie!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Debra · Married on 01/13/2019

January Wedding

We contacted the caterer only two weeks before the event, they helped us put together the perfect package in those two weeks. While my daughter (the bride) was waiting outside for the wedding to start they were so sweet bringing her some water, making sure she had a chair and anything else she needed. The food was delicious. They even offered to package a little bit up and take some home knowing that I had a lot of company I would definitely recommend them to anyone so super friendly I felt like they were nicer than family.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Christian Cusiter · Married on 12/10/2018

Magic Occasions Truly Does Work Magic

From start to finish, the caterers of Magic Occasions were honest, professional, and flexible in most everything we asked them about. Being unfamiliar with the breadth of presentation and colors that were available to work into the settings, Angie and her crew gave us the tools and options to turn a standard wedding into a hugely aesthetic, emotive, and vibrant affair.

On the menu front, this group definitely knocks it out of the park. The sheer amount of options available (and personalized ideas of what dishes pair well with which sides, et cetera) are a huge boon to the customization and theming that can be worked into a wedding, which also is in our opinion, a massive part in making a gathering like this more of an experience as opposed to a simple in-and-out, punch-card event. The plating and presentation of the food during the reception was also phenomenal, lending to the overall air of professionalism and care put out by the caterer.

Even the process of designing the wedding cake was made simple as could be, and we were provided ample feedback as to what could and couldn't be done in regards to design, while retaining a unique, distinguishable silhouette and the vibrant colors of the flowers used for decoration. What must be stated again is that throughout the entire process of table settings, menu planning, and cake designing, is that they take the time to work with you in order to truly bring your wedding vision to life.

The wait staff, bartender included, were all very polite, extremely helpful and passionate about their roles. From the buffet table to the bar, all of them had a smile on their face and were genuinely happy to help make our event as positive and friendly as possible.

Far from just a catering service, the entirety of Magic Occasions made our wedding. Everything about them, and I mean everything, was absolutely top notch. From the advice we were given in the very beginning by Angie in regards to the table settings and the aesthetics thereof, to the flavor and presentation of the dinner and dessert, all the way through to the end of event cleanup, the service and the love shown by the staff was a sight to behold.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Nancy Evans · Married on 12/08/2018

Winter Park, Fl

WOW, this caterer just blew us away! You name it and they did it right. When we went for the food tasting and sampled their cooking and cake and filling selections, we knew right away that we had found our caterer. The owner and staff were so accommodating and easy to work with. Their food is out of this world delicious - we had brisket, chick parmesan, different pasta dishes and couscous and they were all wonderful. The appetizers were all delicious as well. Guests commented on how good the food was. Everything was fresh and it was not generic wedding food at all. The cake was delicious. We had vanilla cake with raspberry filling and they decorated it exactly like we wanted. The cake was flavorful of vanilla and not too sweet. Perfect. We requested gingerbread men cookies for the end of the evening. They were adorable and it was the best gingerbread I ever had. We had two bartenders who did a terrific job and all the servers were gracious and attentive. Thank you so very much for making my daughter's wedding such a success and so memorable!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Norma · Married on 11/17/2018

We are 100% satisfied!

Joann and Angie were responsive and accommodating from the very beginning. The set-up, food, beverages and service were excellent and on time. Their price and quality are reasonable yet competitive. Will use them again and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/23/2018

Jordan · Married on 08/02/2018

We used Magic Occassions for our wedding on 8/2 and it was the best decision we made! Angie is so patient and sweet. She answered all of my dumb questions and put together the floorplan and dinner timeline. The staff working the wedding were friendly, professional, fast, and thorough. The linens and chair covers were beautiful. The food was delicious. The service was fast. They even boxed up the leftovers for us to take home. The bartender was great and so sweet. We looked at the other big caterers in the area and none of them have food as good as Magic Occasions. And we all know how expensive weddings are. The value you get is unbeatable. If i had to do it all over again, I would choose Magic Occasions.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2018

Angie at Magic Occasions was a wonderful person to work with. The groom did most of the planning for the catering because its all about food. The first meeting went very smoothly with all the options and everything included up front. They have many options I have not seen many places. My favorite dish was the olive tapenade and the teriyaki chicken was a big hit. They also make may cake and oh man it was delicious and the decorations were perfect. I will definitely be visiting their restaurant if I am in the area.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Michael · Married on 04/21/2018

First let me preface this by saying that I am a groom that researches everything in depth..whether its a big investment or a small one time purchase. Many say I go overboard, but I digress.. As a result I get a good general idea on where the "bar" is with whatever I'm looking at.

I cannot say enough positive things about Angie and Magic Occasions Catering. The company is family owned and operated and it shows. The quality, attention to detail, and overall experience with Angie and her team was flawless and exceeded expectations.

We had our wedding on April 21 but did our due diligence and began researching catering companies well over a year in advance. There are larger and more "established" companies out there for sure, however they lack the individual attention and concern. When we first met Angie, we felt that she took interest and personal responsibility in the company. She was very much involved throughout the whole process from planning, tasting, and the actual delivery of the finished product. In fact she herself worked with her catering staff for the entire duration of our wedding.

The food was amazing. We opted for the premium buffet package. Everything was clearly explained and there were no suprises later. Other companies we had checked out tried to hide add-ons with extra surchages or fees, not so with Magic Occassions. We had the shephard's pie, baked chicken thighs, and roast beef as our main entrees. Each item tasted and was prepared as a home cooked meal. All our guests raved about the food! I have been at other weddings with $75+per person plated meals. They do not compare. Luckily we had a bit of extra food and almost a week later, the chicken is still fall-off-the-bone delicious.

If you are looking for courteous staff to cook and deliver delicious food, all at a great value, than look no further. This is the caterer you want.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/08/2018

Joanne and Angie from Magic Occasions were great to work with and very easy going. During the planning process, there was a big variety to choose from their menu, which also included delicious vegan options. At the wedding, their staff did a great job and was attentive to the details, especially when and how much food to bring my husband and I. My guests loved the food and there was plenty for everyone, even for those "un-expected" extras.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Kortney · Married on 03/24/2018

Magic Occasions was a great pick for my wedding reception. Angie and Joanne responded to any questions and concerns that I had very promptly. The food was amazing and I received several compliments. They even packed up the leftovers for us to take home!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Michelle · Married on 03/17/2018

Magic Occasions Catering was absolutely amazing! Angie was wonderful & easy to work with from start to finish. Their staff is top notch & the food was delicious. I highly recommend them & would use them again in a heartbeat! Thank you for making my daughter's sweet 16 a day to remember!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Chelsey · Married on 03/03/2018

Angie was great to work with before the wedding. Much more responsive than other caterers when I was researching. Great value! We got more extras added in with the buffet package than other caterers offered for a similar price. Food tasted great.

Sent on 03/17/2018