Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

Magic Occasions Catering 7
  • Saabira

Saabira · Married on 03/29/2019

Flavorful and Filling!

Angie's menu was perfection for our wedding! From the passed and stationed appetizers, to the buffet line of tasty entrees and sides.....everything was perfect and guests were not left hungry! The servers were so attentive - perhaps one of my favorite memories was taking photos with guests outside and having appetizers served to my now husband and I in between shots! The lemon pepper chicken and rosemary garlic haddock fed us for days after the wedding and still just as amazing as the night of! Angie was also so accommodating of our need for halal chicken and was sure to answer every single one of my many questions along the way! Thank you for an unforgettable wedding menu Angie!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Christian Cusiter · Married on 12/10/2018

Magic Occasions Truly Does Work Magic

From start to finish, the caterers of Magic Occasions were honest, professional, and flexible in most everything we asked them about. Being unfamiliar with the breadth of presentation and colors that were available to work into the settings, Angie and her crew gave us the tools and options to turn a standard wedding into a hugely aesthetic, emotive, and vibrant affair.

On the menu front, this group definitely knocks it out of the park. The sheer amount of options available (and personalized ideas of what dishes pair well with which sides, et cetera) are a huge boon to the customization and theming that can be worked into a wedding, which also is in our opinion, a massive part in making a gathering like this more of an experience as opposed to a simple in-and-out, punch-card event. The plating and presentation of the food during the reception was also phenomenal, lending to the overall air of professionalism and care put out by the caterer.

Even the process of designing the wedding cake was made simple as could be, and we were provided ample feedback as to what could and couldn't be done in regards to design, while retaining a unique, distinguishable silhouette and the vibrant colors of the flowers used for decoration. What must be stated again is that throughout the entire process of table settings, menu planning, and cake designing, is that they take the time to work with you in order to truly bring your wedding vision to life.

The wait staff, bartender included, were all very polite, extremely helpful and passionate about their roles. From the buffet table to the bar, all of them had a smile on their face and were genuinely happy to help make our event as positive and friendly as possible.

Far from just a catering service, the entirety of Magic Occasions made our wedding. Everything about them, and I mean everything, was absolutely top notch. From the advice we were given in the very beginning by Angie in regards to the table settings and the aesthetics thereof, to the flavor and presentation of the dinner and dessert, all the way through to the end of event cleanup, the service and the love shown by the staff was a sight to behold.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Nancy Evans · Married on 12/08/2018

Winter Park, Fl

WOW, this caterer just blew us away! You name it and they did it right. When we went for the food tasting and sampled their cooking and cake and filling selections, we knew right away that we had found our caterer. The owner and staff were so accommodating and easy to work with. Their food is out of this world delicious - we had brisket, chick parmesan, different pasta dishes and couscous and they were all wonderful. The appetizers were all delicious as well. Guests commented on how good the food was. Everything was fresh and it was not generic wedding food at all. The cake was delicious. We had vanilla cake with raspberry filling and they decorated it exactly like we wanted. The cake was flavorful of vanilla and not too sweet. Perfect. We requested gingerbread men cookies for the end of the evening. They were adorable and it was the best gingerbread I ever had. We had two bartenders who did a terrific job and all the servers were gracious and attentive. Thank you so very much for making my daughter's wedding such a success and so memorable!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Norma · Married on 11/17/2018

We are 100% satisfied!

Joann and Angie were responsive and accommodating from the very beginning. The set-up, food, beverages and service were excellent and on time. Their price and quality are reasonable yet competitive. Will use them again and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/23/2018
    Magic Occasions Catering 8
    Magic Occasions Catering 9
    Magic Occasions Catering 10

Jordan · Married on 08/02/2018

We used Magic Occassions for our wedding on 8/2 and it was the best decision we made! Angie is so patient and sweet. She answered all of my dumb questions and put together the floorplan and dinner timeline. The staff working the wedding were friendly, professional, fast, and thorough. The linens and chair covers were beautiful. The food was delicious. The service was fast. They even boxed up the leftovers for us to take home. The bartender was great and so sweet. We looked at the other big caterers in the area and none of them have food as good as Magic Occasions. And we all know how expensive weddings are. The value you get is unbeatable. If i had to do it all over again, I would choose Magic Occasions.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2018

Angie at Magic Occasions was a wonderful person to work with. The groom did most of the planning for the catering because its all about food. The first meeting went very smoothly with all the options and everything included up front. They have many options I have not seen many places. My favorite dish was the olive tapenade and the teriyaki chicken was a big hit. They also make may cake and oh man it was delicious and the decorations were perfect. I will definitely be visiting their restaurant if I am in the area.

Sent on 07/31/2018
    Magic Occasions Catering 11

Michael · Married on 04/21/2018

First let me preface this by saying that I am a groom that researches everything in depth..whether its a big investment or a small one time purchase. Many say I go overboard, but I digress.. As a result I get a good general idea on where the "bar" is with whatever I'm looking at.

I cannot say enough positive things about Angie and Magic Occasions Catering. The company is family owned and operated and it shows. The quality, attention to detail, and overall experience with Angie and her team was flawless and exceeded expectations.

We had our wedding on April 21 but did our due diligence and began researching catering companies well over a year in advance. There are larger and more "established" companies out there for sure, however they lack the individual attention and concern. When we first met Angie, we felt that she took interest and personal responsibility in the company. She was very much involved throughout the whole process from planning, tasting, and the actual delivery of the finished product. In fact she herself worked with her catering staff for the entire duration of our wedding.

The food was amazing. We opted for the premium buffet package. Everything was clearly explained and there were no suprises later. Other companies we had checked out tried to hide add-ons with extra surchages or fees, not so with Magic Occassions. We had the shephard's pie, baked chicken thighs, and roast beef as our main entrees. Each item tasted and was prepared as a home cooked meal. All our guests raved about the food! I have been at other weddings with $75+per person plated meals. They do not compare. Luckily we had a bit of extra food and almost a week later, the chicken is still fall-off-the-bone delicious.

If you are looking for courteous staff to cook and deliver delicious food, all at a great value, than look no further. This is the caterer you want.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/08/2018

Joanne and Angie from Magic Occasions were great to work with and very easy going. During the planning process, there was a big variety to choose from their menu, which also included delicious vegan options. At the wedding, their staff did a great job and was attentive to the details, especially when and how much food to bring my husband and I. My guests loved the food and there was plenty for everyone, even for those "un-expected" extras.

Kortney · Married on 03/24/2018

Magic Occasions was a great pick for my wedding reception. Angie and Joanne responded to any questions and concerns that I had very promptly. The food was amazing and I received several compliments. They even packed up the leftovers for us to take home!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Michelle · Married on 03/17/2018

Magic Occasions Catering was absolutely amazing! Angie was wonderful & easy to work with from start to finish. Their staff is top notch & the food was delicious. I highly recommend them & would use them again in a heartbeat! Thank you for making my daughter's sweet 16 a day to remember!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Magic Occasions Catering 12
    Magic Occasions Catering 13

Chelsey · Married on 03/03/2018

Angie was great to work with before the wedding. Much more responsive than other caterers when I was researching. Great value! We got more extras added in with the buffet package than other caterers offered for a similar price. Food tasted great.

Sent on 03/17/2018

Tracy · Married on 02/11/2018

Choosing Magic Occasions for our wedding was a great decision! We were very delighted with the food at our tasting and knew immediately they would cater our event. Angie & Joanne are very friendly, warm, welcoming, and supportive. I’m am very grateful and was very impressed with how helpful they were all around. A very nice gesture was, being congratulated by the help staff. They were all very attentive and I would recommend them to anyone! Awesome staff and amazing food :)

Steph · Married on 01/26/2018

So helpful, flexible, professional, food was great and did not break our budget! Great service all around!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Sandra · Married on 01/15/2018

We used Angie at Magic Occasions for our daughters wedding in January 2018. Angie was extremely responsive and very pleasant to work with! The food at the reception was nothing short of amazing! Angie also made my daughters wedding cake which was delicious. I would highly recommend Magic Occasions for any reason you may need a caterer!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Karen · Married on 12/17/2017

The owner is easy to work with, very communicative, and specific with details. The taste testing was a fun and easy process, and their input was helpful in deciding on the right package for our wedding.

CompuTech · Married on 12/16/2017

Hi, Last year our holiday party was hosted by Magic Occasions. They were AMAZING! Everything went perfect and they even went out of their way to help us with our event. Food, service and all was 5 starts. They were so good, one of our employees hired them for his wedding, after seeing how great they did. ;) From you CompuTech City friends!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Norma · Married on 12/14/2017

Joann and her daughter were so wonderful and prompt. We had our wedding on Dec 14 2017. We couldnt have been happier with their service, friendliness, how at home they make you feel while looking for the meal at your wedding. They have a wide variety to choose from and their pricing is the most reasonable we found. Their food is absolutely amazing, we had 2 choices of entrees for our guests: they were sangria marinated flank steaks as well as veggies and alfredo pasta. Our guests raved about the food and Magic Occasions we deff recommend at your wedding! Thank you Joann and Angie, you guys are awesome and made our wedding more enjoyable too!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Elle · Married on 11/18/2017

We used Magic Occasion's Catering for both our wedding rehearsal dinner and our wedding at the Winter Park Country Club. To say their professionalism, taste and cost were the best around is an understatement. We had the pleasure of working with JoAnn and Angie to not only choose the menu options but the linens for the whole wedding. The wait staff, bartender and staff that attended the event were such as joy to have this special day. The appetizers, entrees and desserts were absolutely wonderful and many, many quests raved over how good they were. I mean who seriously LOVED their wedding food. *points to self*

I really cannot thank Magic Occasions enough for making my wedding so stress free, delicious and affordable. I would highly recommend them for any catering you may need.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Tricia · Married on 10/22/2017

Angie with Magic Occasions Catering was excellent to work with! She was very responsive via email and was patient and helpful (especially when I had a bunch of questions closer to our wddding date) throughout the entire process. Additionally, my niece has severe but allergies and Angie was able to accommodate this special dietary need without issue. An added bonus was that floor length linens were included for the buffet and guest tables! We met with Angie approximately 3 1/2 months before our wedding for the tasting and everything was delicious. Angie also had recommendations about which options would travel best, since we were just using drop-off service. All the guests seemed to enjoy the food as well. We decided to also use Magic Occasions Catering for our wedding cake and although we did not have a tasting for the cake, it was so yummy. We chose the Pina Colada cake with Coconut filling and had several guests comment on how tasty it was. Overall we were extremely happy with the service and professionalism and would highly recommend Magic Occasions Catering for your wedding!

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Magic Occasions Catering 14

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2017

Magic Occasions Catering was absolutely amazing!! Angie, Joann and staff are great and really work with you. The food and desserts were wonderfully delicious, the price was very reasonable and service, set up and clean up was very professional. We had many compliments from our guests. We would definitely use them again and would very much recommend them to others.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2017

Angie was such an angel to work with! We contacted dozens of caterers, taste-tested at 3 different caterers, and walked away knowing - without a doubt - that Magic Occasions was the perfect caterer for us! I loved that Angie and her mother are the ones doing the cooking & baking, so when you arrive for a taste-test with her, it will actually be her cooking for you! Angie also personally responded to me when I originally requested a quote...no third-party sales rep here! She never once said a bad word about any of our other vendors (which couldn't be said about some of the other caterers we talked to) and was a pleasure to work with both for us and all our other vendors. Throughout the planning process she took all the changes with a smile, offered vegetarian/vegan meals for no extra charge, always remembered my husband's aversion to cheese...the list goes on! Her meals taste homemade, which is so refreshing in the world of catering! I loved that her plated meal selection included so many appetizers (six!) and her amazing servers did a great job getting all the meals out quickly as well as managing passed hors d'oeuvres. Angie also made us a beautiful cake with some amazing, unique flavors (banana nut, cookie dough, and cookies & cream. She made the design based off several cake photos we sent her and even made a last-minute change when I realized our cake topper was too heavy (which she magically made work!)

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Magic Occasions Catering 15
    Magic Occasions Catering 16

Rose · Married on 10/07/2017

Angie was amazing and very professional love them

Sent on 12/01/2017

Gigi · Married on 10/01/2017

Magic Occasions Catering was great! The did my daughters Weddinf. The food was wonderful! The cake looked so elegant and tasted great. The entire team was so nice sweet! Would use them again and recommend to anyone. Everything was perfect !!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Magic Occasions Catering 17
    Magic Occasions Catering 18

Michael · Married on 09/28/2017

Angie at Magic Occasions was amazing. She was responsive to requests and helped us choose the best setup for our budget and needs. The staff at the event were super nice and helpful. The food was good and the cake was perfect! Thank you Angie!!

Sent on 10/31/2017