Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

171 | Longwood, FL

171 Reviews for Magic Occasions Catering

Mary L. · Married on 06/30/2021

Exceptional Service for 60th Anniversary Dinner

To celebrate our 60th anniversary, my husband and I engaged Angie and the staff of Magic Occasions Catering, Longwood, Florida to provide a family dinner for 25. The food was superb and plentiful! The service was gracious. Even the family critic was complimentary!

Angie and her staff graciously set up the venue, served the food, and cleaned up afterwards. The administrator of the venue said, "They left everything clean and in proper!"

• Priscilla

Priscilla · Married on 06/21/2021

Stop here and book Magic Occasions

SO, I want to start off by saying that Magic Occasions did a fantastic presentation of all the food! The servers were wonderful Everything from the Hors D's to the main course to the cake. The bar service was on point. Bartender included was awesome. She remembered who was drinking what. Champagne for toast, coffee for cake. I cannot say enough about Angie who responded to emails quickly and was there day of my daughter's wedding. She set up floor plan and all. The food (flank steak and white wined chicken, Spanish rice, plantains and beans were on point!) My guests even complimented the food days after. Listen, don't waste your time looking at other caterers. Magic Occasions does it ALL! No need to look for separate vendors for this and that. Stick with Magic. Prices were very reasonable and selections are varied. Look at their menu! Their pages are very plain and simple and the prices are there for you to see. What are you waiting for? Magic Occasions is the way to go. We had 50 guests with dual entrée, 6types of H'D for cocktail hour. Open bar with liquor beer wine. Cake too. It was SO awesome that I'm ready to throw another party soon with Magic Occasions as the caterer. No joke!!!

Victoria P. · Married on 06/12/2021

Baby shower

Magic Occasions could not have been better. The food was equivalent of a 5 star restaurant. The service was impeccable. They replied in a timely manner. I highly recommend Magic Occasions whether your event us large or small.

• Emily

Emily G. · Married on 06/07/2021

Incredible!

This is the best team I could have possibly had for my wedding day. They went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were well taken care of along with our guests! They followed every detail I wanted perfectly and the food was outstanding! They also made a beautiful cake that had an amazing flavor! They were super kind about the customizations I wanted and were very accommodating to our needs!
    We still have people talking about how amazing the food was even a month later! Such an incredible value for the amount of food you get and quality. I would 100% recommend this company, I can’t say enough good things about them! Thank you for making our wedding perfect! You guys are terrific!

Sent on 07/07/2021

Candice G. · Married on 04/22/2021

Amazing service and food!

From the start of choosing our caterer, Angie was so helpful and attentive. My husband and I had to make a few revisions on numbers and the menu but Angie was always so professional. The food was delicious on our wedding day with so many people complimenting it. To any of my friends getting married I will be recommending magic occasions!

Sent on 07/09/2021

Cassidy M. · Married on 03/03/2021

Catered our wedding

Magic Occasions was so great to work with! She answered all my questions so quickly and helped design a layout for tables for us. All of our guests told us how great the food was! One of the servers kept checking on us (the bride and groom) during pictures and sneaking us some of our appetizers. We are so thankful for everything the company did to make our wedding so perfect!

• James

James M. · Married on 12/19/2020

Stellar selection, food and service!

Where to start? After our original vendor cancelled on us, we had weeks to secure catering if we wanted to keep our date. We pursued Magic Occasions based on reviews and proceeded based on the wonderful service and communication with Angie at Magic Occasions. We were stressed to the max, but Angie was there to answer our questions and ease our concerns whenever we needed her.

The menu is impressive. Very impressive. Like, really really impressive. What's more impressive is the food itself. We chose a latin inspired mix including the Pernil, Ropa Vieja, rice, beans, plantains and "carne" guisado, a vegetarian dish for our vegetarian friends. Our hors d'oeuvres were the Brie and Raspberry pinwheels, bruschettea, smoked salmon on cucumbers, vegan sweet potato baguettes, chicken wellington and phyllo triangles with spinach and feta cheese.

Our guests are still talking about the food and as I write this, I'm trying to think of another event that I can plan so that I can have Magic Occasions again. EVERYTHING was delicious. I can not stress that enough. The chicken wellington was a massive hit with my step-father. He followed the staff around during cocktail hour in pursuit of those extraordinary bites.

It's important to note that our event was during the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only was the staff kind, professional and prompt, I never once saw a member of the catering team without a mask gloves, or in any way acting carelessly in regards to the safety of us, our guests, or themselves.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day that much more special!

Sent on 01/05/2021
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 12/11/2020

Absolutely Amazing

She not only catered my apps plated dinner but as well as my 5 tiered wedding cake. The food is absolutely amazing it taste like home cooking with a professional flare. Also her cake is absolutely amazing and beautiful.

Sent on 01/17/2021

Bettina H. · Married on 11/14/2020

Excellent professional team

I couldn’t have imagined better service, assistance or food. The cake was beautiful and tasted great as did the food.

Sent on 12/29/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca J. · Married on 11/03/2020

10/10! Would definitely recommend!

I would definitely recommend Magical Occasions for anyone wanting fabulous food and service. Angie made it such an easy process when planning for my wedding. The food was delicious and Angie did a great job at answering any question I had in a timely manner. 10/10 for sure!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Lonnie

Lonnie G. · Married on 10/04/2020

So far so good!

So far my fiancé and I’s experience with magic occasions has been wonderful! Angie and Joann have been very accommodating, very flexible and always willing to explain things to us. Angie is so easy to get a hold of when we have questions and she always responds so quickly! We are so excited to continue to work with them throughout our wedding planning and looking forward to having a beautiful, fun wedding day with great tasting food!! They have made choosing a caterer a very easy process for us first timers😃 and we are so grateful.

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 04/25/2020

Best Food Ever

Magic Occasions is officially our caterer for life. They did an amazing job. The food was so delicious and we had enough left overs to last us 3 more days. We highly suggest the brisket. My husband and I hate brisket and we were all fighting over it at the end of the night. Angie was also very good to us during these Covid times and always responded to our emails quickly.

Sent on 01/14/2021
  • Emily

Emily C. · Married on 02/20/2020

Great service!

We used magic occasions for our 150 guest wedding in February 2020 and were thrilled. The service was exceptional, and the food was great. We were so pleased and definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Shayna

Shayna · Married on 01/25/2020

Magic Occasions DELIVERS! Experience is the frosting on top.

Angie and her staff were excellent and the food was superb! Her experience in the industry shows just how many events she's catered. She asked necessary questions to help us guide our own blueprint for the evening and made sure to always be on the same page as the planner, and especially with the venue. Once again, the food was EXCELLENT! You would not be disappointed in selecting Magic Occasion for any reason. Beyond expectations especially for the price and services!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Carla P. · Married on 01/04/2020

Delicious food and superb service!!!

The food was delicious and the service was superb. Angie is an experienced host for Magic Occasions - she made us feel confident that everything was in her hands and she was right. They arrived on time and were very efficient throughout the evening. They were flexible with the timing when guests were not quite ready to leave so one service member and the bartender stayed until everyone was taken care of. I would absolutely recommend them to all my friends not just for a wedding but for any important event. Our party was a post nuptial event for 50 people at our house and it was perfect and I hear from the my friends who recommended Magic Occasions to us in the first place, that their party for 200 was equally perfect..

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • MIRISASHA

Mirisasha V. · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing food and so yummy!

We hired Magic Occasions and Angie to cater our wedding on 11/09/2019 and I cannot express how happy we are that we chose them! The food was delicious and it would be an understatement to say that it was "alot of food" because honestly, WOW! So much food (and yummy!) that you and your guests will definitely not walk away hungry! The staff was attentive and personable at the event, and Angie herself was such a pleasure to work with. The prices were so incredibly reasonable for the amount of food (and great taste!) you get that you will not be disappointed. I already wish I had another huge party to host so I could hire them for the food!! Thank you, Angie, for making my wedding day so special!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • W

Whitney S. · Married on 08/19/2019

Love love love!

Magic Occasions was so easy to work with. So responsive. The best deal I could find in a pinch to include food, a staff person, linens, silverware and beverages. The food was delicious the staff was the sweetest. I didn’t catch her name but she was awesome. Angie was so responsive to emails and phone calls and I couldn’t be happier with the service we received. They kept the food stocked and the plates cleared off tables. Would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole E. · Married on 08/15/2019

Delicious!

The food was delicious and the service was wonderful! Would definitely use again.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Lizzy

Lizzy · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing Wedding Food!!!

We have received so many compliments on our wedding food, bartending services and overall catering experience, everyone said that our food was AMAZING!! That it was the BOMB!!! I worked with Angie and Joann during the planning and they both are super easy to talk to and always answer any questions you may have. I wanted to stick with my wedding design for the linens and Angie was able to find me the specific linen I wanted for my sweetheart table and recommended the matching linens and napkins to match my whole design. Joann was the only one onsite on my wedding day and I can say that she went above and beyond for my wedding! Despite the last min change of plans with the timeline, Joann delivered beyond expectations!! Thank you so much Joann! My husband and I totally lucked out with this company so if you’re looking to serve the best food in town for your wedding, go with Magic Occasions! Best experience ever!!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Lindsey · Married on 04/07/2019

Amazing food and service!

Magic Occasions catering catered our wedding. They provided the appetizers for cocktail hour, our plated dinner, the bar services, and made our wedding cake and grooms cake. They also provided the linens for our wedding. They exceeded our expectations! They were amazing to work with! Angie was so sweet and so kind. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with. She allowed my mom and I to pick up the linens a day early so my mom could set up the reception tables early the day of our wedding so she could have time to get ready with me. Their food is incredible! It does not taste like standard wedding catered food. We got so many complements on our food for our wedding and everyone enjoyed it! They even have kids meals for the kids that is chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese. We loved our meal and we were so excited for it after our tasting. All of the food was great quality and tasted delicious. Our dinner was plated and the servers were very polite and provided great service to our guests. Our cakes were also amazing! They were decorated beautifully and tasted amazing! My husband’s grooms cake was a Tardis and it looked exactly like the Dr. Who Tardis. The people at Magic Occasions Catering are so kind and great to work with and their food and service is incredible. I definitely recommend Magic Occasions for any event and/or wedding!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Saabira

Saabira · Married on 03/29/2019

Flavorful and Filling!

Angie's menu was perfection for our wedding! From the passed and stationed appetizers, to the buffet line of tasty entrees and sides.....everything was perfect and guests were not left hungry! The servers were so attentive - perhaps one of my favorite memories was taking photos with guests outside and having appetizers served to my now husband and I in between shots! The lemon pepper chicken and rosemary garlic haddock fed us for days after the wedding and still just as amazing as the night of! Angie was also so accommodating of our need for halal chicken and was sure to answer every single one of my many questions along the way! Thank you for an unforgettable wedding menu Angie!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Debra · Married on 01/13/2019

January Wedding

We contacted the caterer only two weeks before the event, they helped us put together the perfect package in those two weeks. While my daughter (the bride) was waiting outside for the wedding to start they were so sweet bringing her some water, making sure she had a chair and anything else she needed. The food was delicious. They even offered to package a little bit up and take some home knowing that I had a lot of company I would definitely recommend them to anyone so super friendly I felt like they were nicer than family.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Christian C. · Married on 12/10/2018

Magic Occasions Truly Does Work Magic

From start to finish, the caterers of Magic Occasions were honest, professional, and flexible in most everything we asked them about. Being unfamiliar with the breadth of presentation and colors that were available to work into the settings, Angie and her crew gave us the tools and options to turn a standard wedding into a hugely aesthetic, emotive, and vibrant affair.

On the menu front, this group definitely knocks it out of the park. The sheer amount of options available (and personalized ideas of what dishes pair well with which sides, et cetera) are a huge boon to the customization and theming that can be worked into a wedding, which also is in our opinion, a massive part in making a gathering like this more of an experience as opposed to a simple in-and-out, punch-card event. The plating and presentation of the food during the reception was also phenomenal, lending to the overall air of professionalism and care put out by the caterer.

Even the process of designing the wedding cake was made simple as could be, and we were provided ample feedback as to what could and couldn't be done in regards to design, while retaining a unique, distinguishable silhouette and the vibrant colors of the flowers used for decoration. What must be stated again is that throughout the entire process of table settings, menu planning, and cake designing, is that they take the time to work with you in order to truly bring your wedding vision to life.

The wait staff, bartender included, were all very polite, extremely helpful and passionate about their roles. From the buffet table to the bar, all of them had a smile on their face and were genuinely happy to help make our event as positive and friendly as possible.

Far from just a catering service, the entirety of Magic Occasions made our wedding. Everything about them, and I mean everything, was absolutely top notch. From the advice we were given in the very beginning by Angie in regards to the table settings and the aesthetics thereof, to the flavor and presentation of the dinner and dessert, all the way through to the end of event cleanup, the service and the love shown by the staff was a sight to behold.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Nancy E. · Married on 12/08/2018

Winter Park, Fl

WOW, this caterer just blew us away! You name it and they did it right. When we went for the food tasting and sampled their cooking and cake and filling selections, we knew right away that we had found our caterer. The owner and staff were so accommodating and easy to work with. Their food is out of this world delicious - we had brisket, chick parmesan, different pasta dishes and couscous and they were all wonderful. The appetizers were all delicious as well. Guests commented on how good the food was. Everything was fresh and it was not generic wedding food at all. The cake was delicious. We had vanilla cake with raspberry filling and they decorated it exactly like we wanted. The cake was flavorful of vanilla and not too sweet. Perfect. We requested gingerbread men cookies for the end of the evening. They were adorable and it was the best gingerbread I ever had. We had two bartenders who did a terrific job and all the servers were gracious and attentive. Thank you so very much for making my daughter's wedding such a success and so memorable!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Norma · Married on 11/17/2018

We are 100% satisfied!

Joann and Angie were responsive and accommodating from the very beginning. The set-up, food, beverages and service were excellent and on time. Their price and quality are reasonable yet competitive. Will use them again and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/23/2018