137 Reviews for Magic Occasions Catering

Vegan (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Signature Drink (1)
131 Magic Occasions Catering Reviews

First let me preface this by saying that I am a groom that researches everything in depth..whether its a big investment or a small one time purchase. Many say I go overboard, but I digress.. As a result I get a good general idea on where the "bar" is with whatever I'm looking at.

I cannot say enough positive things about Angie and Magic Occasions Catering. The company is family owned and operated and it shows. The quality, attention to detail, and overall experience with Angie and her team was flawless and exceeded expectations.

We had our wedding on April 21 but did our due diligence and began researching catering companies well over a year in advance. There are larger and more "established" companies out there for sure, however they lack the individual attention and concern. When we first met Angie, we felt that she took interest and personal responsibility in the company. She was very much involved throughout the whole process from planning, tasting, and the actual delivery of the finished product. In fact she herself worked with her catering staff for the entire duration of our wedding.

The food was amazing. We opted for the premium buffet package. Everything was clearly explained and there were no suprises later. Other companies we had checked out tried to hide add-ons with extra surchages or fees, not so with Magic Occassions. We had the shephard's pie, baked chicken thighs, and roast beef as our main entrees. Each item tasted and was prepared as a home cooked meal. All our guests raved about the food! I have been at other weddings with $75+per person plated meals. They do not compare. Luckily we had a bit of extra food and almost a week later, the chicken is still fall-off-the-bone delicious.

If you are looking for courteous staff to cook and deliver delicious food, all at a great value, than look no further. This is the caterer you want.

Profile Picture Michael, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Joanne and Angie from Magic Occasions were great to work with and very easy going. During the planning process, there was a big variety to choose from their menu, which also included delicious vegan options. At the wedding, their staff did a great job and was attentive to the details, especially when and how much food to bring my husband and I. My guests loved the food and there was plenty for everyone, even for those "un-expected" extras.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/8/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Magic Occasions was a great pick for my wedding reception. Angie and Joanne responded to any questions and concerns that I had very promptly. The food was amazing and I received several compliments. They even packed up the leftovers for us to take home!

Profile Picture Kortney, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Magic Occasions Catering was absolutely amazing! Angie was wonderful & easy to work with from start to finish. Their staff is top notch & the food was delicious. I highly recommend them & would use them again in a heartbeat! Thank you for making my daughter's sweet 16 a day to remember!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Angie was great to work with before the wedding. Much more responsive than other caterers when I was researching. Great value! We got more extras added in with the buffet package than other caterers offered for a similar price. Food tasted great.

Profile Picture Chelsey, 3/3/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

Choosing Magic Occasions for our wedding was a great decision! We were very delighted with the food at our tasting and knew immediately they would cater our event. Angie & Joanne are very friendly, warm, welcoming, and supportive. I’m am very grateful and was very impressed with how helpful they were all around. A very nice gesture was, being congratulated by the help staff. They were all very attentive and I would recommend them to anyone! Awesome staff and amazing food :)

Profile Picture Tracy, 2/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Caribbean, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Southern, Spanish, Clean Up, Set Up, Cash Bar, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

So helpful, flexible, professional, food was great and did not break our budget! Great service all around!

Profile Picture Steph, 1/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used Angie at Magic Occasions for our daughters wedding in January 2018. Angie was extremely responsive and very pleasant to work with! The food at the reception was nothing short of amazing! Angie also made my daughters wedding cake which was delicious. I would highly recommend Magic Occasions for any reason you may need a caterer!

Profile Picture Sandra, 1/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The owner is easy to work with, very communicative, and specific with details. The taste testing was a fun and easy process, and their input was helpful in deciding on the right package for our wedding.

Profile Picture Karen, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Hi, Last year our holiday party was hosted by Magic Occasions. They were AMAZING! Everything went perfect and they even went out of their way to help us with our event. Food, service and all was 5 starts. They were so good, one of our employees hired them for his wedding, after seeing how great they did. ;) From you CompuTech City friends!

Profile Picture CompuTech, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Joann and her daughter were so wonderful and prompt. We had our wedding on Dec 14 2017. We couldnt have been happier with their service, friendliness, how at home they make you feel while looking for the meal at your wedding. They have a wide variety to choose from and their pricing is the most reasonable we found. Their food is absolutely amazing, we had 2 choices of entrees for our guests: they were sangria marinated flank steaks as well as veggies and alfredo pasta. Our guests raved about the food and Magic Occasions we deff recommend at your wedding! Thank you Joann and Angie, you guys are awesome and made our wedding more enjoyable too!

Profile Picture Norma, 12/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used Magic Occasion's Catering for both our wedding rehearsal dinner and our wedding at the Winter Park Country Club. To say their professionalism, taste and cost were the best around is an understatement. We had the pleasure of working with JoAnn and Angie to not only choose the menu options but the linens for the whole wedding. The wait staff, bartender and staff that attended the event were such as joy to have this special day. The appetizers, entrees and desserts were absolutely wonderful and many, many quests raved over how good they were. I mean who seriously LOVED their wedding food. *points to self*

I really cannot thank Magic Occasions enough for making my wedding so stress free, delicious and affordable. I would highly recommend them for any catering you may need.

Profile Picture Elle, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Angie with Magic Occasions Catering was excellent to work with! She was very responsive via email and was patient and helpful (especially when I had a bunch of questions closer to our wddding date) throughout the entire process. Additionally, my niece has severe but allergies and Angie was able to accommodate this special dietary need without issue. An added bonus was that floor length linens were included for the buffet and guest tables! We met with Angie approximately 3 1/2 months before our wedding for the tasting and everything was delicious. Angie also had recommendations about which options would travel best, since we were just using drop-off service. All the guests seemed to enjoy the food as well. We decided to also use Magic Occasions Catering for our wedding cake and although we did not have a tasting for the cake, it was so yummy. We chose the Pina Colada cake with Coconut filling and had several guests comment on how tasty it was. Overall we were extremely happy with the service and professionalism and would highly recommend Magic Occasions Catering for your wedding!

Profile Picture Tricia, 10/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Delivery, Set Up, Cake, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings

Magic Occasions Catering was absolutely amazing!! Angie, Joann and staff are great and really work with you. The food and desserts were wonderfully delicious, the price was very reasonable and service, set up and clean up was very professional. We had many compliments from our guests. We would definitely use them again and would very much recommend them to others.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Angie was such an angel to work with! We contacted dozens of caterers, taste-tested at 3 different caterers, and walked away knowing - without a doubt - that Magic Occasions was the perfect caterer for us! I loved that Angie and her mother are the ones doing the cooking & baking, so when you arrive for a taste-test with her, it will actually be her cooking for you! Angie also personally responded to me when I originally requested a quote...no third-party sales rep here! She never once said a bad word about any of our other vendors (which couldn't be said about some of the other caterers we talked to) and was a pleasure to work with both for us and all our other vendors. Throughout the planning process she took all the changes with a smile, offered vegetarian/vegan meals for no extra charge, always remembered my husband's aversion to cheese...the list goes on! Her meals taste homemade, which is so refreshing in the world of catering! I loved that her plated meal selection included so many appetizers (six!) and her amazing servers did a great job getting all the meals out quickly as well as managing passed hors d'oeuvres. Angie also made us a beautiful cake with some amazing, unique flavors (banana nut, cookie dough, and cookies & cream. She made the design based off several cake photos we sent her and even made a last-minute change when I realized our cake topper was too heavy (which she magically made work!)

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/14/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Breakfast/Brunch, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Angie was amazing and very professional love them

Profile Picture Rose, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Magic Occasions Catering was great! The did my daughters Weddinf. The food was wonderful! The cake looked so elegant and tasted great. The entire team was so nice sweet! Would use them again and recommend to anyone. Everything was perfect !!

Profile Picture Gigi , 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Angie at Magic Occasions was amazing. She was responsive to requests and helped us choose the best setup for our budget and needs. The staff at the event were super nice and helpful. The food was good and the cake was perfect! Thank you Angie!!

Profile Picture Michael, 9/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Wonderful staff. Was very patient with us for our wedding. Would DEFINITELY recommend to anyone looking for a good caterer.

Profile Picture Tyrone, 9/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

This catering company was absolutely amazing !!! Family run and having a mother/daughter team at my wedding made it even more wonderful. We had a hurricane hit the week of the wedding, we all were without power but Magic Occasions didn’t let it stop them from catering our wedding !! We received power one day before the wedding and they magically pulled it off and it was just outstanding! The food was fantastic and the service was just through the roof!!
No matter what, from here out I will ONLY use Magic Occasions for all my events!!
Thank you again, you seriously were the icing on our wedding cake :)!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Magic Occasion Catering over exceeded our expectations. We we're thrilled with the service they provided and if we were in the area again and needed a cater, Magic Occasion would be the first we'd call.

Profile Picture Jarvis, 7/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Angie at Magic Occasions is awesome! She is always so quick with her answer to my questions and super helpful. Our wedding is in May and we are having a plated dinner as well as having them do our cake/cupcakes. Every time I tell someone that we are using them for our catering, I always get "oh my god I loved their restaurant!" - so I think we made a good choice! :)

UPDATE: Our wedding was Fri May 12th and I can't say enough good things about Angie and Magic Occasions! Angie was so helpful throughout the entire planning process, super patient and a great resource in helping find other vendors. The food was AMAZING, I have people asking me if there were leftovers we took home because they wanted some! WE had them do the cake as well and it (along with the cupcakes) was as BEAUTIFUL as it was delicious! Absolutely recommend them!!

Profile Picture emanuela, 5/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian

Spends quality time with you when planning so you don't have to worry about anything on your special day!!!

Profile Picture suzanne, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I would HIGHLY recommend MAGIC Occasions. JoAnn and Angie provided a full plated dinner for my son's wedding last month. Everything turned out just WONDERFUL. They were always accommodating and helpful throughout the planning process. They both worked with us to make everything just perfect and they wers very flexible. They also provided us with the table linens/chair covers and sashes that looked lovely. The food was delicious and their servers were all impeccable. I received many compliments and would advise anyone that you will NOT be disappointed. Ps all the above and their prices were quite reasonable. Give them a call!

Profile Picture Gwen, 2/11/17, 1 Review