Maggie's Cakes Reviews

55 | Santa Fe, NM

55 Reviews for Maggie's Cakes

Karina Wilder · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Yum! So good!

Our cake was so delicious! And it looked beautiful! Many thanks to Maggie's Cakes for creating exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Juri Heiser · Married on 12/28/2019

Amazingly Delicious

I loved everything about my cake!! Flavor! Design was exactly what I wanted!! And 3 days after Christmas!! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Michael

Michael Rodriguez · Married on 09/29/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Working with Zara was fast, easy, and simply awesome! She is a very good baker, and our cake came out really really good! We are very pleased with Maggie's Cakes and would definitely use them again in the future!

Thank you so much!
    -Mike and Sarah Rodriguez

Sent on 10/21/2019

Sarah Nikolai · Married on 09/29/2019

Amazing and Delicious!

We got our wedding cake from Maggie’s Cakes, and it was absolutely amazing! Our wedding was a small, close family, occasion. Due to that, we wanted the cake to just be between us. Zara helped pick out the perfect size cake, and she also helped us choose a great flavor combination at a tasting. You cannot go wrong working with Maggie’s Cakes, and if we ever have an event in the future they will certainly be hearing back from us! 11/10!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Carly Holland · Married on 09/28/2019

Delicious and beautiful

Zara did an amazing job on our cake. I want a smooth, simple cake but above all I wanted the cake to taste amazing and it did! She had so many unique flavors to choose from we came up with a fun and delicious combo.

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Kopkin · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Work!

Zara is wonderful to work with and her cakes and cookies are delicious!! Zara made my wedding cake in Santa Fe and a batch of Mexican Wedding Cookies that I used in welcome bags for my guests. Everything was delicious and so beautiful. I highly recommend Zara and Maggie's Cakes for your wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Jamie · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent service

Our wedding cake was beautiful and equally delicious!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Aurora

Aurora · Married on 10/27/2018

Zara is exceptional

Zara of Maggies Cakes was so easy to work with from the beginning. I appreciate her patience in working with our design ideas, or lack thereof rather. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and she worked to create a gorgeous desert table. I loved the cake tasting experience and learning about her passion. I totally trusted her with her art and her delivery. I would happily recommend her again.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Caitlin · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious Gluten-Free Cake!

Maggie's Cakes is a wonderful small business in Santa Fe, NM! Zara, the owner, is so sweet and helpful! My husband and I loved working with her. We're gluten-free, and Zara was very helpful with the choices we had. Her buttercream frosting selection is amazing, and you need to try her fillings! Her cakes were delicious AND beautiful, and we could not be happier we went with Maggie's Cakes!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Linda · Married on 10/13/2018

Most delicious cake

We had already hired our venue and went to an open house there. I think there were 3 differ cake vendors. Two were okay and would have done well enough. Then we tried Maggie’s. Hands down the best. We tried white, chocolate, & red velvet. Everyone was so delicious. I was so happy to get the word she was available to do our cake. Fast forward wedding day. The cake was better design was what I wanted and best of all the cake was just as delicious as I remembered. We choose white ( my favorite) and red velvet my husbands favorite. And even had some for breakfast the next morning though there wasn’t much left. Yummy

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren Romero · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful and Delicious cake!

So glad I was able to have my cake made by Maggie’s cakes! Our first vendor fell through, and Maggie’s Cakes was recommended by my wedding coordinator. Zara was very accommodating, professional, and friendly- and the cake turned out beautiful! I chose a very simple design since it was so last minute, but she does gorgeous artsy and intricate cakes as well! I definitely recommend using this vendor, you won’t be sorry!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Rosalyn · Married on 09/08/2018

We LOVED Zara + Maggie's Cakes!! :)

We were incredibly lucky to have Zara of Maggie's Cakes create our wedding cake--what a masterpiece!! We started off with a fun afternoon cake tasting at Zara's studio. She was hospitable, enjoyable company, and a pleasure to work with. I had a specific vision in mind for our 5-tier cake and Zara immediately understood and nailed it perfectly! Zara was also very responsive with all questions and requests I had with the cake along the way. A++

Besides being absolutely gorgeous, the cake itself was also delicious--very many compliments from family & friends. Thank you Zara for doing such a fabulous job on our wedding cake--your skills are extraordinary and we were so fortunate to be your clients!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND:) :)

Sent on 01/20/2019

Monica · Married on 06/30/2018

Pretty and Tasty!

What a pleasure to work with Zara and Maggie's Cakes! She is genuine, laid back yet very professional, talented and reliable!! She took our groom's cake vision of Breaking Bad theme and really brought it to life thanks to her creativity! Our wedding cake was simple and beautiful and yummy with unique flavors! Loved how her cakes are not overly sweet or dry-they are just perfect. She was very easy to communicate with and delivered our cake seamlessly and at the promised time. She has a very good relationship /communication with local vendors which is important when planning a wedding-she worked closely with our catering team (Adobo -which is equally as excellent). Highly highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Elisha Valdez · Married on 06/29/2018

Simply stunning!

In shopping around for someone to do our cake we found that Zara was on the higher end when it came to price, but when it came to talent and design capabilities she was by far the best. She was able to create exactly what we wanted. Simply stunning!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Malia · Married on 06/16/2018

Fabulous Adobe Wedding cake & Succulent Cupcakes

Zara with Maggies cakes does and amazing job and created the most beautiful adobe style cake and succulent cupcakes for my daughter's wedding. When we were forced to postpone the wedding due to Hurrican Harvey in Houston which nearly flooded the Bride, Groom and did flood some of the wedding party 2 weeks before the planned big day,, Zara was so kind to let us reschedule everything. Every detail from the cake to the beautiful artwork she created decorating was wonderful and I would highly recommend her (and already have to friends getting married in the Santa Fe area). We had only the small cake and a few cupcakes left - everyone enjoyed them so much.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

Zara (Maggie's Cakes) is an amazing artist/baker! I went to see her at her studio to talk about what I was thinking for cupcakes and I loved everything she did. She made three types of succulent cupcakes and they were better than our cutting cake that we got at another bakery. I did all our planning from out of state and I was comfortable texting her and keeping in touch. She went above and beyond sending us more cupcakes when our venue left our desserts out overnight after the wedding and ants got into them. They contacted Zara and she sent us beautiful cupcakes just like we had for our wedding. I plan on getting her to make these same cupcakes for our anniversary.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Janie · Married on 12/23/2017

Zara made hand crafted and designed cupcakes for my daughter's bat mitzvah. She worked with my daughter not just to choose the right taste, but the right designs. The cupcakes were beautiful and tasted great. Zara is far more than a cake baker, she is an artist. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Andy · Married on 10/21/2017

I'd give a ten star rating if allowed. I'd also add some categories:
    Beautiful and creative designs.
    Superior taste products
    Zara Southard is a warm, engaging owner, fully dedicated to her Client's satisfaction.
    One would be a fool if they did not use Maggie's Cakes for their special event..

Sent on 12/13/2017

Edward · Married on 09/24/2017

Zara was absolutely incredible! She made time for me to come will well before anyone should be up tasting cake. I have never tasted a wedding cake that was not only delicious but beautiful as well! She is so innovative and responsive. I gave some input and she took off with it to create a stunning creation. We received so many compliments on how fantastic it looked and even more compliments on how decedent it tasted. She is truly passionate and I would recommend her for any occasion!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Morgan · Married on 09/23/2017

Oh my goodness--Zara Southward of Maggie's Wedding Cakes is a dream to work with! She is a true artist and made us the MOST incredible cake and cupcakes for our Santa Fe wedding. I had a very specific image in mind and Zara being the artist that she is absolutely blew me away in the end with the final product--so much better than I could have ever imagined! In addition to looking beautiful, our cakes and cupcakes were DELICIOUS (my husband and I are still craving them and contemplating having her make us something else just to tide us over!). The flavors available range from the classics to more unique Southwestern flavors and, again, all are delicious! The icing on the cake however (pun very much intended), is Zara herself. She is such a sweet person, so easy to work with and so much fun to spend time with! Having Maggie's Wedding Cakes do our wedding was one of the best decisions we made!!!

Sent on 12/12/2017

D. · Married on 09/17/2017

Zara has the perfect eye for creating stunning work. Her cake artistry is unparalleled in this town. From cupcakes to 5 tiered masterpieces, she CAN create ANYTHING you can IMAGINE! From the moment you arrive in her artistic space until the moment your creation is presented, she is simply magical.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Christiann · Married on 09/09/2017

It was such a great experience. Her detail to making sure everything was perfect was amazing. I will refer Maggie's Cakes to all my friends. You did an outstanding job.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend Maggie's Wedding Cakes for your wedding day. Zara is extremely professional and incredibly talented! I came into the experience not knowing much or what I really wanted. I just had a vague idea and she came through with above and beyond expectations! We had a few different cake variations and they were all delicious. This is the business you want helping you on your big day, she is fun and excited about what she does and makes your experience completely stress free! Thank you so much Zara!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Jana · Married on 08/20/2017

Zara’s cake was off the charts!!! She accommodated us with the top tier gluten free carrot cake while the bottom was a coconut cake. It was so delicious & BEAUTIFUL! A work of art!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Leda · Married on 06/24/2017

Maggie's Cakes owner Zara Southard is the best in Santa Fe. Her cakes are beautiful, elegant, and imaginative. She was great to work with and very accommodating and open to ideas. We could not have imagined a more perfect cake for my daughters wedding.

Sent on 12/11/2017