Mad Batter Bakery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Tara
    Tara C. Married on 10/09/2021

Amazing Cake!

Mad Batter Bakery was amazing!

Laura did our wedding cake for about 30 people and it came out so pretty and tasted so good! We got the chocolate chip cake flavor with chocolate icing on the inside and vanilla on the outside. I was highly impressed with our cake and would highly recommend her! Her pricing is amazing too, you can’t find a cake in Savannah for that price and quality .

Mad Batter Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you! I am so so happy I could make you wedding cake dreams come true!
  • Amelia
    Amelia C. Married on 06/06/2021

Highly Recommend Laura & The Mad Batter Bakery!

Laura was WONDERFUL! Her cake was so yummy - it was gone almost instantly after we cut it. She was totally quick to respond whenever I had a question or concern. She put me totally at ease when picking out just the cake we needed. Hire her for your big day!
  • Becca
    Becca V. Married on 10/03/2020

Wedding cake/cupcakes

Laura provided us with a 7" lemon vanilla personal cutting cake and 5 dozen cupcakes for our 10/3/2020 wedding. She was absolutely fantastic. We only had a month to put this together and she was flexible and very very helpful. The pricing was very reasonable and the cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Once I have pictures back I will post with the review. Would 100% recommend.
  • Amanda
    Amanda L. Married on 11/10/2019

The most beautiful wedding cake!!!

We hired Laura with Mad Batter Bakery to make a cake and cupcakes for our wedding. She is the sweetest and I am so glad we found her! I am a cake decorator myself and had a hard time giving up making my own, but Laura impressed me SO much, and made it much better than I would have!! We did a cake tasting at her home and everyone was so delicious. She went above and beyond and used my new husband and I’s favorite hummingbird cake recipe. She went above and beyond, I cannot recommend her enough!! Thank you Laura!!
  • Natalie
    Natalie S. Married on 09/27/2019

The BEST wedding cake I’ve ever eaten!

Laura was able to make us a custom peanut butter chocolate wedding cake! I still can’t get over how delicious and beautiful our cake was!
    Brittany Married on 04/19/2019

4/19/19 dream wedding

Laura was just a blessing from the get-go. I found her company through a recommendation from my DJ (Everything You Need Entertainment). Her response to my quote request was almost immediate. And her passion for baking and creating the perfect wedding cake for a bride was obvious. I told her how my love for all things sparkly was something that I was hoping could be incorporated in the design for my cake….she was honest – that in Georgia’s climate, some of my desires could turn out not so desirable. But she was not quick to completely dismiss any wedding cake dream that I had.
    In the months after I secured her as my “cake lady,” she stayed in contact with me as she searched for design ideas, tried to pinpoint the perfect cake table setup, etc. Then came the day that she sent me numerous videos of EDIBLE SPARKLES that she found to be perfect for my big day. I was already impressed by her passion for baking, and then was even more impressed by her shared love of glitter!! & not only by this passion for baking & catering, but to ensuring all brides are as stress-free as possible. Because I do not live in the same (or very close to) vicinity of my wedding venue, I was struggling to find a hair stylist. When I reached out to Laura in distress, she quickly guided me in the direction of Kayla Rhea Salvatore (from Smirky Bird Studio) – WHO IS ALSO INCREDIBLE!!
    To bring this review to a close, I just want to thank Mad Batter Bakery AKA Laura Watts for your passion for baking and for your incredible talent for creativity & baking the most delicious cakes anyone would ever have the pleasure of tasting. You have an admirable amount of creativity and an even more commendable need for perfectionism. I know that the service you provided for us on our big day was not only well thought out and planned, but also came from your heart and your love for making someone’s “big day” as special as can be.
  • Kyra
    Kyra Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing!

She was AMAZING! The cake was wonderful and she was very helpful in getting the toppers for the cake. She helped me be creative with the Groom’s cake and she made the best cake my now husband and I have ever tasted. She was fantastic and I would definitely recommend.

Mad Batter Bakery's reply:

I am so happy you loved everything and I am so glad I was able to be apart of your special day!!!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Dilan Married on 01/21/2019

Birthday cake

The cake was beyond looking beyond amazing, it was so yummy and everyone loved it so much there was nothing left of it.
    Tiffany H. Married on 10/27/2018

Birthday Cake

Exceeded my expectations of taste and appearance!!! She was even able to make the cake on very short notice!! Will be using her again!!
    Scott Married on 08/04/2018
    Laura and Mad Batter Bakery did a great job for us! My wife and I ordered a three layer wedding cake (vanilla, chocolate and carrot) The cake was beautiful, made exactly as we requested AND tasted great! We could not have asked for more! Thank you so much for helping us have a perfect day!!
    Margarete F. Married on 03/23/2019

Wedding Cake

I ordered a cake for my wedding. The cake had the wrong color and was too massive. I ordered a marble cake with raspberry filling and it was not that great. You barely tasted the raspberry.

Mad Batter Bakery's reply:

Hi Margarete. I am so sorry you did not like your cake. This surprises me greatly as you said you loved it at drop off. Per our contract I provided a 7” and 10” two tier cake which was the appropriate size to feed 60-70 guest (which is the amount you told me would be coming). You also asked specifically for a blue/gray marbling, which is what I provided. The picture you initially presented was spray painted which is a different effect than marbling. I do apologize about the raspberry filling. I do use a light hand as too much can affect the integrity of the cake. I hope this address some of your concerns and again, congratulations on your wedding!